Diablo 2 - 256 color rainbow effect fix?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 XspidervenomX
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

Ive tried everything. Compatibility changes, Video test, everything on every forum. Anyone knbow without guessing, or I think, or maybe, but seriously know how to fix this poor looking game? Playing it in a window not only is annoying but didnt fix it.

THX

Windows 7 Widescreen

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

Ive tried everything. Compatibility changes, Video test, everything on every forum. Anyone knbow without guessing, or I think, or maybe, but seriously know how to fix this poor looking game? Playing it in a window not only is annoying but didnt fix it.

THX

Windows 7 Widescreen

XspidervenomX

Try to alt-tab; select with the right mouse button the screen resolution option; just close the screen; re-maximize the game.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

256 color rainbow effect? Don't think I know what you're talking about.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Close explorer.exe in the task manager and then run the game.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Retail copy? if so register the s/n on your bnet account and download and install with that installer if not XP, 256 colors, 640 and windows theme in compatibility mode should fix it.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Retail copy? if so register the s/n on your bnet account and download and install with that installer if not XP, 256 colors, 640 and windows theme in compatibility mode should fix it.DanielDust

Indeed. I registered my old retail copies of D2 and LOD, and downloaded digital copies from bnet. They work perfectly. Have to run as administrator, or bnet doesn't work, though.

XspidervenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 XspidervenomX
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

Ya know the old VGA looking graphics,, its all over the internet. Type Diablo 2 Rainbow affect. It just looks terrible, direct download from Blizzard. All the fixes dont work.

On our other pc they look fine bought them at the same time..THX

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts
Retail copy? if so register the s/n on your bnet account and download and install with that installer if not XP, 256 colors, 640 and windows theme in compatibility mode should fix it.DanielDust

Ya know the old VGA looking graphics,, its all over the internet. Type Diablo 2 Rainbow affect. It just looks terrible, direct download from Blizzard. All the fixes dont work.

On our other pc they look fine bought them at the same time..THX

XspidervenomX
Actually, that fix above does work, I've had the problem myself a while ago. Additionally there's also an official D II patch to that problem from Blizzard themselves, so, combine these two and it should run normal looking.