dead space controls

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Store24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Store24
Member since 2007 • 1146 Posts

Is there any way to map the movement keys to be the arrow keys? All the keys that are part of the suit or whatever are reded out so you cant use them. I have played games for 25 years with the arrow keys being the movement!! There is no way I'm switching to the w-a-s-d keys now! If there really is no way to change them then this is the stupidest port I have ever seen!

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts
try resident evil 4, it is worse and my suggestion? do not buy console games, do not pay for cheap quality
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts

Well, I'm not telling you to switch to WASD movement, but I will say that in my own experience, I used to use the arrow keys all the time, but wouldn't dream of using it now. I forced myself to get used to WASD and will never go back to arrow keys. For one thing, my left hand is close to the numerical keys making it a lot easier to hit hotkeys while still controlling with the mouse.

I agree it's lame if you can't remap the keys, but just letting you know it never hurts to try something new. You might actually like it after you get used to it.

Store24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Store24
Member since 2007 • 1146 Posts

I am left handed so using wasd its all messed up for me. I have to slide my keyboard way to the right and then all the other keys are screwed up. Not to mention I use a natural keyboard so that makes wasd even worse. And sure left handed people may be the minority but this is the first game out of hundreds I have played that won't let you map the arrows.

It is simply UNACCEPTIBLE!

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

i know exactly how you feel mate, ive been gaming for over 25 years and have always used the arrow keys for movement. dead space is the first game that ive ever had to change for and i hated it at first (it is NOT the sort of game you want to find yourself fumbling around pressing the wrong keys, trust me!), but after a while i got used to it (either that or its £30 down the toilet). i bought fallout 3 and decided to keep with the wasd set up and ive actually grown quite used to it now.

theres no good reason why dead space wont let you rebind movement to the arrow keys though, it is a strange decision..

rovetti1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 rovetti1982
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Agreed. WASD is terrible for left handers. Seems like lazy programming not to be able to change.
rovetti1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 rovetti1982
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
This game is a prime example why I am a bit torrent user. I download a game and buy it if I like it. I spent almost a thousand dollars on games in 2007, but ONLY after I downloaded them for free and tried them out. I tried Dead Space for about 5 minutes, and will not waste my money. To me, bit torrent is about developer accountability. They shouldn't be able to throw any POS on the shelf and expect to make money off it.
athleos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 athleos
Member since 2003 • 37 Posts

rovetti1982 you are completely correct. Bit Torrents are the result of consumers getting ripped off. Dragon Naturally Speaking is a major example of ripping off consumers, after testing it I'll never buy it. As for 'dead space' - if after eight months there is no patch to re-map keys (I am right handed and I hate wsad) to the arrow keys then I am sure as hell not forking out $67 bucks until the patch comes out.