Dead Space and other game engines

This topic is locked from further discussion.

s-e-e-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By s-e-e-k
Member since 2009 • 252 Posts

Are there anymore games that use the same engine or something like the Dead Space engine? I'm asking because the game run so well with everything on HIGH with great FPS throughout the whole game on my system. And the game looks amazing at the same time!

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@s-e-e-k said:

Are there anymore games that use the same engine or something like the Dead Space engine? I'm asking because the game run so well with everything on HIGH with great FPS throughout the whole game on my system. And the game looks amazing at the same time!

What are your specs?

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#3 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

They say it uses the Godfather engine, albeit fully modified. All the Dead Space games run pretty well and imo they are underrated engines.

s-e-e-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 s-e-e-k

@PredatorRules:

Here are my specs:

Intel Core i7 2.30GHz (3.30GHz Turbo Boost 2.0), 6MB L3 Cache

AMD Radeon HD 7670M Series 1GB DDR3

8GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory

750 GB Western Digital (SATA) Hard Drive, 7200 RPM, 16MB cache

Realtek High Definition Audio

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1

Thanks!

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GeryGo  Moderator

Dead Space - Godfather engine with Havoc (physics)

Dead Space 2 - Visceral Engine

Dead Space 3 - same engine as on 2nd game.

"EA's upcoming action horror title built on a highly modified version of EA's open-city engine."

Well it uses

@nutcrackr said:

They say it uses the Godfather engine, albeit fully modified.

What he said ;)

So basically you can try to play The Godfather games, or IMO if you're into that style already try playing Mafia the original game.

s-e-e-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By s-e-e-k

@PredatorRules: Thanks... I loved the first Godfather when it was released (never knew they made more of them). I did play mafia aswell. I downloaded and tried the Mafia 2 demo about a month ago and it ran a little too slow on my system.

Wow I cannot believe Dead Space uses the same engine as Godfather. It looks so much better. Man it's amazing what they can do now a days with engines and how graphics work and all. More game companies should try better ways to render things like in the Dead Space games and use less system power.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@s-e-e-k said:

@PredatorRules: Thanks... I loved the first Godfather when it was released (never knew they made more of them). I did play mafia aswell. I downloaded and tried the Mafia 2 demo about a month ago and it ran a little too slow on my system.

Wow I cannot believe Dead Space uses the same engine as Godfather. It looks so much better. Man it's amazing what they can do now a days with engines and how graphics work and all. More game companies should try better ways to render things like in the Dead Space games and use less system power.

Well did you know that Bioshock 1 and 2 were on Unreal Engine 2? yeah the engine that was made for UT2004

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

7670M is no slouch, so basically any Unreal Engine 3 or console based port will run not bad on that laptop. Especially if the screen Resolution can't exceed 1366x768