Dark Souls- 4 kings

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

having trouble with these dudes. i am a dexterity character with SL 62, and pyro fully upgraded with quelena. i also have furrysword. so far i tried

1. summon beatrice, equip havel's armor and tank the first king with furysword = didnt work. furysword does miniscule damage, i can hit him 2 or 3 times before he slams me and 3 slams kills me. beatrice does not even do any damage at all

2. same as 1 but this time use black flame/great combustion while i hug the king. works better than first but still i die before i can kill the first king. whenever i try to use a flask he hits me

3. equip crimson robes and try to dodge him. i survive longer this way but he eventually gets me before i kill him.

main issue is whatever i try, i inflict little damage and that darn darkness makes dodgin very difficult. any ideas?

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

I remember using Iron flesh when I played the game on PS3. You must also burst them down as fast as possible so that you only fight one at a time.

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tanerb

I remember using Iron flesh when I played the game on PS3. You must also burst them down as fast as possible so that you only fight one at a time.

ShimmerMan

was that befpre patch 1.05? because iron flesh is patched and not as good as it used to be. i know i have to kill them fast but the amount of damage i inflict is very small. i hit kalameet better than this dude

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Only advice i can give is become a battle tank and use heavier armor as you dont need much speed. Theyre very hard and do a lot of damage and are hard to dodge. 

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tanerb

it is also sad there is no one to summon. looks like game is dead for summoning help other than anor londo

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

it is also sad there is no one to summon. looks like game is dead for summoning help other than anor londo

tanerb
i get summoned a lot.. but yeah id totally help ya kill them but i think im like level 120 or something like that
jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5467 Posts

tanerb
Shame. I have a Dex Char. I suggest burning him down ASAP! Kill all the Kings as fast as you can! As soon as you see one CHARGE attack! If they power up for that missile attack i think they have 2 types then dodge! As for the melle attacks learn which ones u can tank and heal through and dodge the rest!
TheGrudge13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 TheGrudge13
Member since 2009 • 1198 Posts

( iron flesh + power within ) is what i used however i was a tank build it might work for you if your HP is long enough

also i think they are week against magic but i'm not sure 

megam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 megam
Member since 2003 • 457 Posts
Don't feel bad. The Four Kings are among the toughest bosses in the game. It's made even harder because no one is ever around to be summoned. My recommendations for this fight: 1) If you're having a tough time surviving their magic attacks, farm for the dark hand, and use that as a shield. It effectively blocks the magic damage with little to no stamina loss. 2) If you're going to use heavy armor, equip an upgraded grass crest shield, the mask of the child, and/or eat green moss. This will help you keep your stamina up, allowing you to two-hand your weapon and go to town. In heavy armor, don't worry about dodging; just stay close and keep swinging. Chug Estus as needed. I'd recommend taking 20 Estus in with you (Kindle Firelink if needed). For a slight damage bonus, you may want to consider the yellow pine resin. 3) While I personally haven't tried it, some friends of mine swear by the Pyromancy spell Power Within. That should help you get through the first few.
tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tanerb

Thanks, my main problem is the physical damage not magic. I will try power within once i go home. I assume i cast it before i jump?

Also, i wish i could summon Sol or the iron guy from sem's fortress instead of Beatrice. she is useless in this fight.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i'll just say that i did them on my first try (SL what, 80? 90?), because i could basically tank their hits with my shield :P
megam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 megam
Member since 2003 • 457 Posts

Thanks, my main problem is the physical damage not magic. I will try power within once i go home. I assume i cast it before i jump?

Also, i wish i could summon Sol or the iron guy from sem's fortress instead of Beatrice. she is useless in this fight.

tanerb
I suppose it might be possible to cast Power Within with the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring (the one that increases spell duration, bought from Griggs [Sorceror at Firelink] if he'll sell anything to you) before jumping, giving you ~150s buff. Just be sure to put Artorias' ring back on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-59b71619573a1

i'll just say that i did them on my first try (SL what, 80? 90?), because i could basically tank their hits with my shield :PBrunoBRS

Your guy was a tank anyway, way over levelled :P

They are really hard though with the wrong, or under levelled build. Their attacks do a lot of damage

Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Riadon2
Member since 2011 • 1598 Posts

I never had any trouble with them, even on NG+++.

Just run up to them in heavy armor and spam attacks until you are out of stamina (or until you desperatley need to heal), and then pop a flask while you wait for it to recharge.  Don't even bother dodging.

Works for dex build, most of my characters are dex build.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i'll just say that i did them on my first try (SL what, 80? 90?), because i could basically tank their hits with my shield :Pseanmcloughlin

They are really hard though with the wrong, or under levelled build. Their attacks do a lot of damage

i left four kings for last, because i knew they were the toughest. so by the time i got there i was "overleveled". meanwhile, i got treated like a low-grade b!tch by seath and any living creature on the duke's archives.
tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tanerb

I never had any trouble with them, even on NG+++.

Just run up to them in heavy armor and spam attacks until you are out of stamina (or until you desperatley need to heal), and then pop a flask while you wait for it to recharge. Don't even bother dodging.

Works for dex build, most of my characters are dex build.

Riadon2

thanks but doesnt work as i said in my first post

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i'll just say that i did them on my first try (SL what, 80? 90?), because i could basically tank their hits with my shield :PBrunoBRS

i left four kings for last, because i knew they were the toughest. so by the time i got there i was "overleveled". meanwhile, i got treated like a low-grade b!tch by seath and any living creature on the duke's archives.

Yeah seath's a d!ck. I just stuck to him and powered through. And equipped the most curse resistant armor I had. 

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Yeah seath's a d!ck. I just stuck to him and powered through. And equipped the most curse resistant armor I had. 

had no issues with curse, my problem was trying to get to its damn tail. i eventually made it, once i got some guys to help.
tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tanerb

Power within worked! Looks like after killing the first the other ones were relatively easy

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#20 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

tanerb

It's not that the game is dead, it's that the PC version seems to have some bad connection issues with the P2P system they use. Thankfully, Dark Souls II will use dedicated servers similar to Demon's Souls (where I was able to find people to summon long after the game came out).

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#21 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I just got to this fight myself, I only tried it once and almost had it on the first try. I only went in with like 7 estus flasks but i'm a SL70 tank, I can see the fight being harder with a less armored character. I'll try again tomorrow with 20 estus flasks, should make it pretty easy. 

I was having more trouble with the drakes guarding the doorway, I've decided the best way to go is to just sprint past them rolling from time to time. Managed to get through without taking any damage once or twice. 

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tanerb

there is an easier way from firelink shrine. when you come from elevator and past the two wooden bridges go to right and back. jump down. you are right infront of the final area. also if you are pyromancer , try power within. it helped me alot