Crysis 2 FPS drops

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

Hi there all!

I have a problem with Crysis 2.My game runs on stable 45-50 FPS on Max with latest patch,DX11 and HD textures packs,however,when I rapidly shoot at the wall or water from a very short distance,my FPS drops well under 20,which I don't like.

Does anyone here have a similiar experience,or knows what can be done about it(other than lowering graphics settings,ofc)?

Is the lack of the game optimization the problem here,or is something wrong with my GPU(which I highly doubt,it works great in every other game,doesn't overheat or anything,etc,all tested using MSI Afterburner)?

Im running 580GTX and I7-2600K(both at stock...for now) on a 1980X1080 monitor,all drivers and stuff up to date...

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

Crytek made a crappy implementation of particle shadowing which causes what you are talking about. I think you can disable it though the ini or use one of the config mods like maldohd

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

Crytek made a crappy implementation of particle shadowing which causes what you are talking about. I think you can disable it though the ini or use one of the config mods like maldohd

ferret-gamer

Yeah,I expected that for an answer,that DX11 patch was just an hasty and messy attempt to throw PC community a bone by giving them better graphics few months after the "Press Start to Continue" disaster...

What can you expect from a game that runs a tesselated ocean underneath some levels for no reason?

http://techgage.com/news/crysis_2_dx11_where_tessellation_becomes_overkill/

Anyways,thanks for the answer,will play with the .ini files a bit later :)

EDIT-Downloading MaldoHD mod,looks promising,will try it out later...