Counter Strike: GO; help?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

So i have put in about 6-7 hours into the game, and I still few very lackluster. The game itself is fun and what not but I am not performing as well as I'd like. I'm generally pretty decent at shooters but almost none of that translates over to GO. I'm still trying to get the shooting and strafing down!

Don't suppose any tips? ANd will it (I) get better in time once everything begins to click as well as gain more experience?

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

I haven't played past the old Counterstrike but I remember the shooting had a very specific "twitch" factor to it that doesn't really translate to any other FPS games.

Like if you're good at other shooting games, you will still suck at Counterstrike for a very very long time.

Personally I gave up trying to compete with the Korean 13 year olds hopped up on Red Bull and went with less twitchy shooters.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bardock47

I'll probably give it a bit longer because it is enjoyable, but if it doesn't ;click' for me I might have to move on:P

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

CS is basically a team based weapon rpg. Each gun plays differently therefor you must roleplay basically. If you grab a p90 you must rush in there, catch them sleeping at spawn and rape their faces. You must kill as many as possible before you die, and if you live then woohoo those are the stories Counter Strike is made of.

All the prefiring around corners, hugging furniture, twitch reflex, bullet/enemy anticipation, learning the maps and narrow shooting cracks/lanes etc etc will all come with time. Remember you are playing against us who have thousands of hours in CS games dating back to 1.6. Sure in games like COD etc etc thousands of hours means nothing but in CS it means your're fucking ninjedi.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bardock47

Lol, alright. I didn't thinking of taking the approaches we each weapon radically different from each other! I am very excited to improve!

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Run > stop > shoot - this is how you play CS.

Picking in corners also a good idea, little camping in corners also works well (5-10 sec not more than that)