Can you mobo report the wrong cpu temp?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by REforever101 (11136 posts) -

This just happened to me and it was rather odd. I slept my computer, and then realized i still had to do something, so i quickly woke it up. upon waking up i got a warning that my cpu temp was over 127 degrees C

I think quickly slept it again. after waiting 30 seconds or so, i woke it up again and now its back to its usual temp of 26 degrees....

even after playing metro last light its usually only like 38 or less. so was that a software glitch?

#2 Edited by FelipeInside (25031 posts) -

It could of been after waking from a sleep, just keep an eye on it for the next couple of days.

#3 Edited by PredatorRules (7049 posts) -

This just happened to me and it was rather odd. I slept my computer, and then realized i still had to do something, so i quickly woke it up. upon waking up i got a warning that my cpu temp was over 127 degrees C

I think quickly slept it again. after waiting 30 seconds or so, i woke it up again and now its back to its usual temp of 26 degrees....

even after playing metro last light its usually only like 38 or less. so was that a software glitch?

Might be so, I don't know what you have done, if your CPU fan wouldn't work while gaming that could be the reason but if you done some basic things like surfing the web, listen to music it would never go that high.

#4 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

Sensors are whacko. It isn't normal for it to do that but if it does that often, then yeah it's definitely sensors on the motherboard being craptastic. Some temp software out there are whacko too.

#5 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2108 posts) -

Yep.Mine does it all the time,especially after waking up from sleep mode.

It says the cpu temp is 124c which is impossible.It have melted by this point.

#6 Posted by Arthas045 (5047 posts) -

I would think its some type of error on the software side. I know when processors first boot up they get pretty hot, but I wouldn't think out of sleep mode. Like stated above I would keep an eye on it.

#7 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13703 posts) -

I'd say you have the best grill around.

#8 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2108 posts) -

Here this is what i was talking about earlier:

It's a glitch,nothing to worry about.

#9 Posted by kraken2109 (12948 posts) -

Yeah, don't worry about it