Building a new rig need some inputs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

densocorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 densocorp
Member since 2005 • 382 Posts

Basically i need some input regarding what should I used/ better parts that i should be looking at. I do not have the knowledge to OC so im not planning to OC in the mean time and I am unsure to get a crossfire motherboard as I sometimes ended up building a whole new rig.

CPU : core i5 4570
GPU : Sapphire Vapor R9 280X
RAM : G Skill Ripjaws or Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600
Motherboard : Still have thinking
HDD : Samsung Evo 120GB SSD & WD Black 1 TB HDD
PSU : Looking for either a 550 watt or a 600 watt (some says it should be sufficient for the 280X)
Case: Need some input for a easy cleaning case

Thanks in advance.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

Since you won't be overclocking just get a cheap H81 or H87 board with whatever conectors you need (front USB3, additional PCI-E slots, etc). Corsair CX-600M PSU looks like a good deal, if you actually get that $20 rebate. It's modular, so you won't have cables all over your case. And my choice for case would be CM 690 II, it has a lot of space and offers good cable management, but case is really a matter of preference and there are lots of models to choose.

densocorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 densocorp

Thanks for the reply, I'll look into the case you just mention.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

If you can afford to get more than 120GB on the SSD, then don't hesitate.

Also recommend going with Windows 8.1. It is not bad as all the funny horror stories. Granted, it does give a bad first impression, just because of the new metro interface. But it doesn't take long to realize you can ignore the new interface and work completely from the classic windows desktop as before. It has a smaller footprint than 7, uses SSDs better, and simply performs better especially with new games. I hesitated with my recent build and was going to go with 7, but after I jumped with 8.1 I realized I wasted too much time worrying about it. I quickly got over the bad first impression.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5  Edited By insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

You should go with a 240GB-256GB SSD and 7 Pro instead.
PSU - EVGA 600B is something you should take a look at. It's only $50 after rebate.
Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5 SLI/Crossfire capable.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

@PfizersaurusRex said:

Since you won't be overclocking just get a cheap H81 or H87 board with whatever conectors you need (front USB3, additional PCI-E slots, etc). Corsair CX-600M PSU looks like a good deal, if you actually get that $20 rebate. It's modular, so you won't have cables all over your case. And my choice for case would be CM 690 II, it has a lot of space and offers good cable management, but case is really a matter of preference and there are lots of models to choose.

I do not recommend buying a cheap mobo. If you buy a quality mobo it should outlive all of your other components. Also OCing is easy, he can figure it out in 5 minutes.

densocorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 densocorp

CPU : core i5 4570/4590 (if 4590 only couple of dollars more)

RAM : Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 (8Gb)

Motherboard : Asus Z87-A

PSU : Corsair CXM 600 watt (compatible with Hasewell)

Case: Still looking, which has a good filter?

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

@blutfahne said:

@PfizersaurusRex said:

I do not recommend buying a cheap mobo. If you buy a quality mobo it should outlive all of your other components. Also OCing is easy, he can figure it out in 5 minutes.

Yeah, I like to call that a free upgrade. OCing can increase the longevity of the cpu for a year in terms of performance satisfaction.

Get the K cpu and Z board together, you are doing yourself a big favor oc'ing. If you can stretch the budget try a 290 r9 for $100 more or less since I seen some on sale, but you must buy a non reference model since the reference cooler sux on those.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@densocorp said:

Basically i need some input regarding what should I used/ better parts that i should be looking at. I do not have the knowledge to OC so im not planning to OC in the mean time and I am unsure to get a crossfire motherboard as I sometimes ended up building a whole new rig.

CPU : core i5 4570

RAM : G Skill Ripjaws or Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600

Motherboard : Still have thinking

PSU : Looking for either a 550 watt or a 600 watt (some says it should be sufficient for the 280X)

Case: Need some input for a easy cleaning case

Thanks in advance.

Everything looks legit, about PSU 500 would be enough (I own Corsair CX500)

If you do not plan on Crossfire you should pick some cheap MOBO for 40$ from: Asus, Gigabyte, MSI or ASRock.

About the case I recommend on Corsair 200R, 300R, 400R, 500R whatever you find the cheapest.