Bioshock won't Launch

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darkgoth678
Member since 2007 • 326 Posts

Im running DirectX 10 on XP and as soon as the Download was over, i double clicked my Bioshock icon on my Desktop and nothing, the little CD symble comes up but no Bioshock splash or nothing, just there.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still doesn't work, next thing is ill just go back to DX9

oh, and i MADE SURE I had DX10,(dxdiag in "run")

any help? thnx

purple_MAN1832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 purple_MAN1832
Member since 2004 • 2125 Posts

First things first, you can't run dx10 on XP, dx10 only runs on Vista

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts

Im running DirectX 10 on XP and as soon as the Download was over, i double clicked my Bioshock icon on my Desktop and nothing, the little CD symble comes up but no Bioshock splash or nothing, just there.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still doesn't work, next thing is ill just go back to DX9

any help? thnx

darkgoth678

their lies your problem

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts

Now for all those pc owns console ppl, this is why i own a 360 and just use my laptop for email.

IceSwift7

theirs a whole forum reserved for fanboyism its called system wars

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 darkgoth678
yeah u can, i am running it, but w/e if u dont believe me, just can u help me get Bioshock working?
darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darkgoth678
ok then i guess ill find somway to get back to DX 9...
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#8 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
What are your specifications? Do you even have a Dx10 card? You can't run Dx10 without one...
36O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 36O
Member since 2006 • 823 Posts

any help? thnx

darkgoth678

any help? thnx

darkgoth678

You need Vista for DX10, just do DX9, for Bioshock, the differences in Performance and Graphics really isn't that big. Also, I may be wrong with this, but if a disc icon shows up for the Bioshock icon, it means there isn't a disc in the tray. The Bioshock icon should show when it is in the tray (atleast its like this for a few games on my comp).

nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
I think that I should tell you CANT run DX10 on XP, it's an integrated part of Vista
AnotherKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 AnotherKill
Member since 2007 • 1341 Posts

Now for all those pc owns console ppl, this is why i own a 360 and just use my laptop for email.

IceSwift7

Because your mind cannot comprehend how to use a computer?

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darkgoth678

ok yeah i can run DX10 hardware wise cause i do have an 8600GT so yeah but ok fine i dont want DX10 anymore, is there a way to lke roll back DX10 to DX9? without like wipeing my HDD and reinstalling XP?

and for that guy, yeah i do have the disc in cause i put in the disk and the thing comes up and i click "play" and nothing.

WDT-BlackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WDT-BlackKat
Member since 2008 • 1779 Posts

You can't install DirectX10 in XP... so there's no rolling back, nor is it necessary.

Perhaps you're just having trouble reading the DVD?

levi895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 levi895
Member since 2005 • 1235 Posts
I had this problem, go update your video drivers and chipset drivers and then you should be good. By the was, your not making yourself look good by still claiming your running DX10...xp can not and will not run DX10, its one of the few selling points for Vista.
df853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 df853
Member since 2004 • 1433 Posts

I think that I should tell you CANT run DX10 on XP, it's an integrated part of Vistanevereathim

Yeah, microsoft douched it up and wanted to force ppl to get vista even though it sux an infinite amount of balls right now, and then they blamed it on major graphic architectural changes... aka, bs. So, if you don't have vista, you can't use directx 10.

dogone13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dogone13
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="nevereathim"]I think that I should tell you CANT run DX10 on XP, it's an integrated part of Vistadf853

Yeah, microsoft douched it up and wanted to force ppl to get vista even though it sux an infinite amount of balls right now, and then they blamed it on major graphic architectural changes... aka, bs. So, if you don't have vista, you can't use directx 10.

http://www.technospot.net/blogs/download-directx-10-for-windows-xp-from-alky-project/

he's running DX10.

anyways, I'm having basically the same problem with Bioshock. double click the icon, nothing happens... the thing is, I've already been playing the game for hours in previous sessions, so I have no idea wtf is wrong with it.