Best space strategy game...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by yetiHUNTER001 (587 posts) -
Wich one is it? Wich has good graphics too and a lot of action,spae ship fighting and everything...
#2 Posted by _rpg_FAN (1418 posts) -
Sins of Solar Empire is one of most popular nowdays
#3 Posted by yetiHUNTER001 (587 posts) -
And how are the graphics?
#4 Posted by jrabbit99 (2835 posts) -
While i personally haven't played Sins yet, for me the best game was SW: Empire at War
#5 Posted by WDT-BlackKat (1779 posts) -
#6 Posted by Schnauzerz (1437 posts) -
homeworld series
#7 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -
While I have yet to play the latest game, the X series has been very good. X2 The Threat, and X3 Reunion offered huge games where you could play pretty much how you wanted. If you want to play a lot of combat then you can do those missions or go out hunting to steal new craft. If you want to trade you can buy, sell and make a profit from the hundreds of space stations in the many different sectors, or go one step further and own your own space stations producing and selling goods. Each game does have its own story, that does link in through the series, but there is a never ending supply of missions and things you can do outside the main plot.
#8 Posted by Bane_v2 (6104 posts) -
I second the X series and recommend X3: Terran Conflict. The improvements to the user interface and flight controls in Terran Conflict are the greatest advancements in the series since the updated graphics engine of X3: Reunion. All of the X games have a vertical learning curve, but they're not really as hard as it would seem on first glance once you get your brain wrapped around it. They're huge games and if you stick with it you'll definitely get your money's worth out of them.
#9 Posted by Kolossi (779 posts) -

Homeworld

#10 Posted by thusaha (14495 posts) -
Sins of A Solar Empire.
#11 Posted by Dr_Brocoli (3724 posts) -
SoaSE
#12 Posted by RT_Jackson (3830 posts) -

Master of Orion 2 is the best space strategy game, but it's old so the graphics you probably wouldn't like.

Galactic Civilizations 2 or Homeworld, imo.

#13 Posted by yetiHUNTER001 (587 posts) -
I allready played galactic civilizations 2 and it was good but not great.I'm between sins of a solar empire and X3: Terran Conflict. For me graphics count allot and action in the game.
#14 Posted by shed4 (2 posts) -
Guy comon , Have u played imperium galactica ???? Best space RTS ever.
#15 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
[QUOTE="Bane_v2"]I second the X series and recommend X3: Terran Conflict. The improvements to the user interface and flight controls in Terran Conflict are the greatest advancements in the series since the updated graphics engine of X3: Reunion. All of the X games have a vertical learning curve, but they're not really as hard as it would seem on first glance once you get your brain wrapped around it. They're huge games and if you stick with it you'll definitely get your money's worth out of them.

They are awesome games but not RTS. Homeworld 2, I dare say it looks better than SoaSe.
#16 Posted by shed4 (2 posts) -
i played sose for 2 hrs, the game has no depth to it, big dissappointment.
#17 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -

Here's a few screenshots of HW 2 and X3 TC, of course X3 looks better since it's a simulator and it was released not long ago but HW 2 is an RTS and it looks very good for it's age.

And I lost my X3 save T_T, gotta start from the beginning.