Best place to buy a custom gaming PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

juiceman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 juiceman77
Member since 2012 • 134 Posts

I really want to get into PC gaming bc consoles are too closed for me anymore, I yearn for something more open and customizable. The only problem is that there's websites like digitalstorm, cyberpowerpc, ibuypower, origin and the list goes on of custom PC developers and I just dont know where to go? I could build one yes, but that involves alot of trial and error to learn and I would much rather have a factory tested system that's good to go without any problems. It's no that I'm just too lazy to build one. Besides I wouldn't know how to set up all the software for the ocmputer to work when I boot it up.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Easy steps: 1)Take your budget and ask for pieces here 2)Go to NCIX.com 3)Search for those pieces and price match for cheaper prices 4)Add the 50$ option for them to built it 5)... 6)Profit!!!
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Easy steps: 1)Take your budget and ask for pieces here 2)Go to NCIX.com 3)Search for those pieces and price match for cheaper prices 4)Add the 50$ option for them to built it 5)... 6)Profit!!!MonsieurX

What this guy said.

You are welcome.

Xsan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Xsan3
Member since 2009 • 2618 Posts

I really want to get into PC gaming bc consoles are too closed for me anymore, I yearn for something more open and customizable. The only problem is that there's websites like digitalstorm, cyberpowerpc, ibuypower, origin and the list goes on of custom PC developers and I just dont know where to go? I could build one yes, but that involves alot of trial and error to learn and I would much rather have a factory tested system that's good to go without any problems. It's no that I'm just too lazy to build one. Besides I wouldn't know how to set up all the software for the ocmputer to work when I boot it up.

juiceman77

I know what you're sayin....My older brother - - No Matter How much I've offered to Build him a PC, and have even Researched Part by Part - - He Still wanted to buy a Prebuilt PC ??
He had looked at an Alienware , costing between $2-4000 , And even if I had pieced together a Sli Setup, that had Higher performing Hardware, Costed Less, and I had Still offered to Build everything for him , he still wanted to buy Prebuilt ?

I really dont understand why ? Makes Absolutely NO Sense to me - - But That was Just His Preference........

what He Actually Ended up Doing - was Buying a Gaming Laptop.....A Very nice one actually. an ASUS G74SX-DH73-3D...

Specs:Built in 3D IR reciever, with 3D glasses

i7 2670
GTX 560m
USB 3.0
1.5TB HDD
and a 17.3" monitor @ 1200x1080 res...

He paid under $2000.00 for it, with delivery.

It was Delivered today - and from the Sound of it , He's Crapping His Pants on How Much he Loves it !

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

[QUOTE="juiceman77"]

Xsan3

I know what you're sayin....My older brother - - No Matter How much I've offered to Build him a PC, and have even Researched Part by Part - - He Still wanted to buy a Prebuilt PC ??
He had looked at an Alienware , costing between $2-4000 , And even if I had pieced together a Sli Setup, that had Higher performing Hardware, Costed Less, and I had Still offered to Build everything for him , he still wanted to buy Prebuilt ?

I really dont understand why ? Makes Absolutely NO Sense to me - - But That was Just His Preference........

what He Actually Ended up Doing - was Buying a Gaming Laptop.....A Very nice one actually. an ASUS G74SX-DH73-3D...

Specs:Built in 3D IR reciever, with 3D glasses

i7 2670
GTX 560m
USB 3.0
1.5TB HDD
and a 17.3" monitor @ 1200x1080 res...

He paid under $2000.00 for it, with delivery.

It was Delivered today - and from the Sound of it , He's Crapping His Pants on How Much he Loves it !

$2000 for a 560m setup? Ouch.

Xsan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xsan3

$2000 for a 560m setup? Ouch.

Postmortem123

Yep . . . . But when you stop and think about it . . . Its not just a Prebuilt PC . .. Its a Laptop. Most every other Lappy out there thats Capable of Max performance gaming, You'd really want someting in the $1500.00 Range...And for a Couple hundred more, you get teh 3d setup.

Seems like a decent deal. And it could obviously be setup for Desktop monitor Usage as well.

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jonleeprice
Member since 2011 • 1455 Posts

juiceman77
True pressing the eject button and inserting the windows 7 cd and pressing install can be pretty taxing, but as long as you have studied computer science for at least 5years you should be good to go. Its as easy as plugging all the parts together (like lego) inserting the windows disk....once its installed the disk make sure your connected to tinternet and it finds all the drivers for you. You can then feel proud you "made" it yourself, plus when you need to upgrade in future you know what to do, and if you keep up to date on these forums you can learn alot of stuff fast
Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

im tired of seeing these threads and being reminded of how stupid/lazy/ignorant people really are. If you don't want to "build" (i.e, putting together lego) a computer together, then definitely go to ncix.com, pick out the parts you want post it here and we'll do a check. Then get them to build the order together for you and you're done.

Xsan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Xsan3

im tired of seeing these threads and being reminded of how stupid/lazy/ignorant people really are. If you don't want to "build" (i.e, putting together lego) a computer together, then definitely go to ncix.com, pick out the parts you want post it here and we'll do a check. Then get them to build the order together for you and you're done.

blaznwiipspman1

Suprisingly, there are a lot of folks who simply dont want to do that . . They either dont feel comfortable, or they have Crap for brains and dont understand the signifigance of getting more for less?
I work with with a bunch of illiterates that ask me what type of computer they should buy, Dell or HP ?? :cry:

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

[QUOTE="blaznwiipspman1"]

Xsan3

Suprisingly, there are a lot of folks who simply dont want to do that . . They either dont feel comfortable, or they have Crap for brains and dont understand the signifigance of getting more for less?
I work with with a bunch of illiterates that ask me what type of computer they should buy, Dell or HP ?? :cry:

some people just dun care, which is fine I suppose.