Best hack n slash game for PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Prince_Denspion (2634 posts) -

I got Shooters, and online MMORPGs and even racing games. I however want a good hack n slash game that can compete with current gen. consoles. Anything like that out there?

#2 Posted by Yoshi25 (4488 posts) -

I was waiting for a..."I already have Torchlight." Guess not.

#3 Posted by Prince_Denspion (2634 posts) -

"torchlight"?

#4 Posted by sihunt (1116 posts) -

Hi Try Titan Quest and expansion. Similar to Diablo 2.

#5 Posted by Yoshi25 (4488 posts) -

"torchlight"?

Prince_Denspion
Yeah, torchlight. It's a hack and slash game that was recently released and recently on sale for $4.99.
#6 Posted by Ant0n89 (665 posts) -
Well, if you want hack'n'slash game, then you pretty much have to play Diablo and Diablo 2 even though they're not "current gen". Other than that, you could try Scared 2, Torchlight, Titan Quest. All of them are D2 remakes in a way.
#7 Posted by Prince_Denspion (2634 posts) -

[QUOTE="Prince_Denspion"]

"torchlight"?

Yoshi25

Yeah, torchlight. It's a hack and slash game that was recently released and recently on sale for $4.99.

that price because it bombed? would you recommend it?

#8 Posted by Yoshi25 (4488 posts) -

[QUOTE="Yoshi25"][QUOTE="Prince_Denspion"]

"torchlight"?

Prince_Denspion

No, because Steam is having a sale right now. Yes, I would recommend it. However, even though Diablo II is older, I'd get that.
#9 Posted by Ant0n89 (665 posts) -

Prince_Denspion

Torchlight is a small budget game, you could have bought it for $20 at the release. Now with Steam sale it's only $5 and very well worth every penny.

#10 Posted by Prince_Denspion (2634 posts) -

[QUOTE="Prince_Denspion"]

[QUOTE="Yoshi25"] Yeah, torchlight. It's a hack and slash game that was recently released and recently on sale for $4.99.Yoshi25

No, because Steam is having a sale right now. Yes, I would recommend it. However, even though Diablo II is older, I'd get that.

Well if thats teh case, when does Diablo III come out? and what if i've never played diablo before?

#11 Posted by Ant0n89 (665 posts) -
D3 will probably come out sometime in 2011 if not later. Whether you played older Diablo games or not, shouldn't have much effect, might miss out a little on the story, but it shouldn't ruin it. Although I would strongly recommend playing atleast D2.
#12 Posted by d12malu (1023 posts) -

Titan Quest was pretty memorable to me. Lots of loot, good backdrop, and plenty of hacking and slashing. Hell, I may even play it again the more I think about how fun it was.

#13 Posted by gamer620 (3367 posts) -
For some reason I am under the impression that this guy wants a hack and slash game in the vein of God of War and not a Diablo style loot fest..
#14 Posted by flipin_jackass (9729 posts) -

[QUOTE="Yoshi25"][QUOTE="Prince_Denspion"]

Prince_Denspion

Well if thats teh case, when does Diablo III come out? and what if i've never played diablo before?

No confirmed date on Diablo 3 yet. But if you haven't played the Diablo series, I'm not sure that Diablo, Titan-Quest or Torchlight are the games you're looking for. Are there any specific examples that you've played in the past? Perhaps, referring to something like Devil May Cry, Dynasty Warriors or Prince of Persia? Because those ones are Beat-em-ups which are usually mixed up with hack-and-slash.
#15 Posted by -Origin- (1816 posts) -

Diablo II, Titan Quest, Torchlight

#16 Posted by NoctisCaelum52 (1359 posts) -
Diablo II Titan Quest Torchlight Sacred Dungeon Siege Dungeon Siege II
#17 Posted by kozzy1234 (35316 posts) -

Online coop=

1. Diablo2

2. Titans Quest

3. Sacred2

Singleplayer =

1. Divine Divinity (The best story of the bunch and an awesome singleplayer game with hack and slash elements)

2. Torchlight (from some of the people who worked on Diablo, a very underrated game)

#18 Posted by johnny27 (4400 posts) -

every one mentions diablo II but no one recommends the original diablo where it all started and is an amazing game the athmosphere and the settings are great overall i enjyoed the first diablo more then the sequel.

#19 Posted by psx_warrior (1596 posts) -

For some reason I am under the impression that this guy wants a hack and slash game in the vein of God of War and not a Diablo style loot fest..gamer620

If that's the case, they have the Dynasty Warrior games on the pc now. I highly recommend an xbox 360 controller for that game.

#20 Posted by Arcane-Angel (31 posts) -
Torch Light. $10. Steam. Buy it. Really fun hack and slash slash slash hack hack :)
#21 Posted by Lox_Cropek (3512 posts) -

Devil May Cry 4

Diablo, Titan Quest and Torchlights are RPGs right? I think he meant an Action-Hack and Slash like God of War, Dynasty Warrior and Bayonetta

#22 Posted by NLahren (1927 posts) -
devil may cry 4 sacred 2
#23 Posted by Prince_Denspion (2634 posts) -

Ah, I forgot that Devil may Cry 4 is also on PC, isn't it enhanced over the console versions to? Yeah thats the kind of hack n slash i'm talking about... i'll check more into that.

#24 Posted by spinoff (2279 posts) -

You aren't going to find a unique hack n slash experience on the PC, just a bunch of console ports whose quality is very hit or miss. Those games were designed with a controller in mind and makes it difficult to successfully adapt to a keyboard and mouse setup since not everyone has a pc gamepad.

The PC is the domain of the action RPG, and if you want something slightly different than DMC or God of War everyone here has offered some good suggestions.

#25 Posted by Crimsader (11672 posts) -

Titan Quest/Torchlight/Sacred 2.