Battle For Middle Earth 3?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

strkr241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 strkr241
Member since 2005 • 275 Posts

If EA was to make another The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth game, what would you like to see in it?

I would like biger armies (like the ones that were featured on the BFME1 game case).

Better AI (instead of the computer rushing the player and working out a plan).

A map that is like the player made map that features all the key events of the film trilogy (but an official and better made version).

Avatar image for mechwarrior_bob
mechwarrior_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 mechwarrior_bob
Member since 2006 • 1789 Posts
I thought the armies were plenty big in Number 2. I would like to see more factions; split the evil men of the west from Mordor and add some of the units only talked about in the books.
strkr241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 strkr241

The armies were a bit bigger in the second game but they still didnt have the scope of the films (which was a major part of the battle sequences).

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
you should try out the Lord of The Rings Total War mod if you want a massive scale.
Nunamaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Nunamaker
Member since 2004 • 2551 Posts
well from posts ive seen alot of people want the ability to put units onto the wall
strkr241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 strkr241

well from posts ive seen alot of people want the ability to put units onto the wallNunamaker

That would be good and that would allow them to put the seige towers back into the game (which they took out of BFME2) and ladders.

Avatar image for Alister_Drummer
Alister_Drummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Alister_Drummer
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

i really want BFME3 to be avaliable for windows vista

gs_gear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gs_gear
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
I think we'll see the 3rd one when the new movies will be released.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

I think we'll see the 3rd one when the new movies will be released.gs_gear

Lol, what new movies? There were three books in the seires, all three have been made movies. The only other film coming is The Hobbit... which was a prequel on a much smaller scale.

gs_gear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gs_gear

[QUOTE="gs_gear"]I think we'll see the 3rd one when the new movies will be released.Johnny_Rock

Lol, what new movies? There were three books in the seires, all three have been made movies. The only other film coming is The Hobbit... which was a prequel on a much smaller scale.

They're making 2 movies, The Hobbit and a second one that takes place between the events of The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring. And I bet they'll make also Children of Hurin.
RedDanDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RedDanDoc
Member since 2005 • 3720 Posts
I hope the graphics are a lot better. I got BFME 2 the other day and the graphics suck.
tehfireballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 tehfireballer
Member since 2008 • 296 Posts
um... id rather it isn't rts. i wish it were single player rpg or somethin :P
jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
it needs to have better resource gathering. I like when we have to go into the field to secure recources, not just automatically get them from a building.
gs_gear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gs_gear
um... id rather it isn't rts. i wish it were single player rpg or somethin :Ptehfireballer
lol But it's BFME, it should be RTS. What you want is The White Council. :P
jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts

[QUOTE="tehfireballer"]um... id rather it isn't rts. i wish it were single player rpg or somethin :Pgs_gear
lol But it's BFME, it should be RTS. What you want is The White Council. :P

what's the laters with the white council? is it RPG?

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts

i really want BFME3 to be avaliable for windows vista

Alister_Drummer

? I can run BFME 2 on Vista.

bodaggit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bodaggit
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I hope they make it so you can Download paches for the hero builder so you can make more diverse heros, and i didnt like the skins for the elves in bfme 2 i hope they make them look cooler, in bfme 2 they look like regular peasnts with a sword, and shield. Heck why not combine the elven swordsman and elven archer to make the elven warrior like they had in bfme 1 and make that their basic unit, that would be cool.

Buffalo_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Buffalo_Soulja
Member since 2004 • 13151 Posts
Generally speaking just a deeper strategy experience. The novelty of controlling the armies of Mordor wore off pretty soon for me.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

If EA was to make another The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth game, what would you like to see in it?

I would like biger armies (like the ones that were featured on the BFME1 game case).

A map that is like the player made map that features all the key events of the film trilogy (but an official and better made version).

strkr241

I definitely agree with these ideas. I also wish, though, that the 'evil' campaigns had better heroes. With the exception of Sauron (and you can't let Sauron die, which hurts his power substantially), the evil heroes are not very good.

denker2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 denker2
Member since 2004 • 53 Posts

you should try out the Lord of The Rings Total War mod if you want a massive scale. _Pedro_

Or you can try out the Special Extended Edition mod for TBFMEII:

http://see.the3rdage.net

kylaxdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kylaxdaddy

Regarding the Question: What could be added to BFME3?

There is soooo much more that could be added.

What they would need to do is make it a prequel. This way, there could be different types of Elves (i.e. Sindar, Noldor, Edlar etc) as well the Dunedein, the three houses of men. And that preface could follow the true history of middle earth to some extent because they did fight each other from time to time. The main reason this would be so much better is because these elves were much stronger.

Accordingly the heros could be MUCH more expansive. Beren, Beleg Strongbow, Ongoliant, Turin, Feanor, Huan (would be sick!) and so on?!?! Obviously Feanor would defeat pretty much everyone (he did take on multiple Balrogs at the same time) so they would need to put a handicap and allow men to have more potiential command points and better structures etc.

Also, powers could make use of the Valar, Gothmog (King of Balrogs), which is a no-brainer. And/or, instead of getting the ring to return to your fortress, you bring back a Silmaril and you can summon Morgoth or Finwe.

EA, please do it!!!

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
i really hope they make this game, i loved the first 2. and to the person talking about the white council, it was cancelled because back then EA probably didn't like to publish quality games such as open-world RPG's based on the most epic lore. and i agree that they should make it in the first age because it would allow for SO MUCH flexibility with the factions, maybe even 20 different factions? and yeah feanor would be totally OP. don't forget his sons as heroes. and melkor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>finwe i think you meant manwe lol
Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#23 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
Lord of the Rings as a whole is getting a little stale with it being almost six years since Return of the King and a bunch of games came out.
not_wanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 not_wanted
Member since 2008 • 1990 Posts
I hope they'll make a new BFME. The first 2 games and expansion were pretty good.
Lymond01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lymond01
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I miss the BFME castles...stronger walls, more sieging, archers atop, nazgul taking out the walled catapults. Good stuff.

If battles lasted a little longer, perhaps...just more HP per unit, though keep certain attacks against certain units powerful (ie riding Rohan over orc archers).

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

strkr241

Interesting gameplay? The first two bored me to tears.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#27 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Meh, rather see a new franchise to be honest.
Orakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#28 Orakk
Member since 2007 • 951 Posts
Bigger armies yeah :-). -Orakk
sammilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sammilo
Member since 2006 • 127 Posts
I whould get it for sure.
Maegmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Maegmel

I'd like to see the differentiation between the Gondorians and Rohirrim that was in the first game made again, and the powers on some of the heroes need re-vamping. Also, larger armies new buildings and more characerization on the create-a-hero feature would be nice. I really did enjoy this series and hope they make at least one more installment.

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts

I'd like to see the differentiation between the Gondorians and Rohirrim that was in the first game made again, and the powers on some of the heroes need re-vamping. Also, larger armies new buildings and more characerization on the create-a-hero feature would be nice. I really did enjoy this series and hope they make at least one more installment.

Maegmel
Stop bumping old threads...
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
Bigger maps and bigger armies also bigger units (perhaps the ability to define a custom unit size for certain skirmisher types units) and more tactics to make it more like total war, the ability to put units on walls is ofcourse needed
alimcleif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 alimcleif
I agree, a lot bigger maps, huge maps (with of vourse the ability to play small maps to) More than that i would like more players at rhe same time, like 16 or 20. Almost every strategy game has a max limit; 8 players, that annoys me.
Goldengod82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Goldengod82

I would like to see the factions list look like this:

Gondor

Rohan

Elves (Double-faction between Mirkwood and Rivendell)

Erebor(Double-faction between Dwarves and Dale)

Arnor

Isengard

Mordor

Goblins

Men of the East (Double-faction between Haradwaith and Rhun)

Angmar

And I want there to be two seperate sets of maps from both games, as well as completely new maps- one for BFME1 gameplay and one for RotWK/BFME2 gameplay.

A new Inn System that applies to both of these sets of maps: Allying with specificly-designed factions. Gondor = Southern Fiefdoms, Rohan, and Arnor Survivors. Rohan = Minas Tirith, Southern Fiefdoms, and Lorien (the one-building minifaction that "Mirkwood Faction" activates). Elves = Dwarven, Dale, and Arnor Survivors. Erebor = Mirkwood, Rivendell, and Carrock version of Dale. Arnor = Rohan, Gondor, and Mithlond (the one-building minifaction that "Rivendell Faction" activates).Isengard = Dunland, Ruffians, and Goblins. Mordor = Harad, Rhun, and Angmar. Goblins = Isengard, Dunland, and Angmar. Men of the East = Khand*, Umbar, Sirayn (the jungle where Mumaks and Mahuds are from), Red Mountains, Mordor*, and Dorwinion. Angmar = Rhudaur, Gundabad, and Forodwaith. In which case, they'd have to allow Inns on every map ever made. One per player's my reccommendation.

* means you have to pay either way. Umbar and Sirayn are free if you choose Haradwaith, Red Mts and Dorwinion cost nothing if you choose Rhun

And that'sJUST for FACTIONS...

incarnum13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 incarnum13
Member since 2009 • 28 Posts
in skirmish you could have up to 100,000 command points, all you had to do was set your command points to 100 in the map options
Goldengod82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Goldengod82

Would you like to see my ideas for tech trees?

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#38 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts
there will be no bfme 3. EA lost the movie license and Warner Bros is planning to do a bunch of kiddy games with the license instead...
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

there will be no bfme 3. EA lost the movie license and Warner Bros is planning to do a bunch of kiddy games with the license instead... Franko_3
This saddens me immensly.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
better graphics for sure. I wouldn't mind more complex siege equipment and being able to put men on top of your walls. I'd also like to see the free build ability like in BFME2, but on some of the maps of BFME 1.
Goldengod82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Goldengod82

there will be no bfme 3. EA lost the movie license and Warner Bros is planning to do a bunch of kiddy games with the license instead... Franko_3

God, I HATE Warner Brothers. I feel that they are too childish and stupid and have severe retardation and unfit for Tolkien-games. EA should use the licence to make the third BFME and then immediately give it to someone mature enough for Tolkien licencing. That is, either Bungie, Bethesda, Bioware, Obsidian, Lionhead, Ubisoft, or Eidos. Then, we can see medieval-twisted First-Person Shooters, expansive world Roll-playing Games, medieval-twisted across-planet FPS/RPG combos, same as previous only with just the main continent, Grow-your-character RPGs, assassin-based Action/Adventure, or hitman-based kill-for-pay games. OH, WAIT! Perhaps Rockstar could make an "underdeveloped government" A/A when EA is done!

jmills204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jmills204
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

um... id rather it isn't rts. i wish it were single player rpg or somethin :Ptehfireballer

Thanks for your constructive comments...fool.

BFME2 was a great game and the witch king was decent, but BFME3 could be all that 2 was not. There is so much they could add to a third one and make it one of the best RTS's ever. I also would like to see more factions, although you can't have endless factions and still have them retain their unique units and powers...there are only so many different units to go around...I would like to see some different multiplayer rules to be available. Instead of just everyone fights to destroy the other, I think there should be some different scenarios you can play...those are just a couple of things but there is so much they could do w/ a third BFME

mfaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mfaldo
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I would like to see campain like in Bfme 1 . (I love isengard). It will be nice to see Gondor and Rohan forces not just Human one
lucky326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lucky326
Member since 2006 • 3799 Posts

[QUOTE="Franko_3"]there will be no bfme 3. EA lost the movie license and Warner Bros is planning to do a bunch of kiddy games with the license instead... Goldengod82

God, I HATE Warner Brothers. I feel that they are too childish and stupid and have severe retardation and unfit for Tolkien-games. EA should use the licence to make the third BFME and then immediately give it to someone mature enough for Tolkien licencing. That is, either Bungie, Bethesda, Bioware, Obsidian, Lionhead, Ubisoft, or Eidos. Then, we can see medieval-twisted First-Person Shooters, expansive world Roll-playing Games, medieval-twisted across-planet FPS/RPG combos, same as previous only with just the main continent, Grow-your-character RPGs, assassin-based Action/Adventure, or hitman-based kill-for-pay games. OH, WAIT! Perhaps Rockstar could make an "underdeveloped government" A/A when EA is done!

Too be honest lets see if they actually get a decent game out, EA yeah well they can't exactly brag of that with most of the rubbish they released with the Lord of the rings licence.

Avatar image for Lord_Callanahan
Lord_Callanahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lord_Callanahan
I would like: - bigger scale - maps/ armies numbers - garrison troops on walls - the ability to swap between 1st person and rts, a bit like bladestorm but so that it actually works! - create a scene of being part of a huge battle as a group/ battalion/ and an individual. - less magic and no magic class!!! the expansion pack for bfme2 was a huge disapointment - angmar i mean - stick to the 3 movies, or have separate elements of the game, e.g. - first age, second age, 3rd age (not sure whether thats accurate - just a fluid idea) -
Mastermind723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mastermind723
they should make the white council because i think it would be an awesome game and bfme 3 should be made
solarscout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 solarscout
They need to improve the walls, it becomes really stupid when one catapult at full range can destroy an entire wall complex.
RiseAgainst12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RiseAgainst12
Member since 2007 • 6767 Posts

Would be good to see a progressive strategy game which protrays it as it was in the films. That being Good being seriously outnumbered, gathering forces before going on to final battles. Would be really cool if you simply had the units it give you from the start and throughout each level added more units to your forces through recruitment and saving units scattered throughout the levels. All leading up to big epic battles in which every man you gathered has its use :P. I can only dream lol

k0r3aN_pR1d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 k0r3aN_pR1d3
Member since 2005 • 2148 Posts
According to the books, 6000 horsemen from Rohan participated in the Battle of Minas Tirith along with 3000 Gondorian soldiers. And I'm guessing there were 30,000 orcs as Faramir was outnumbered 10:1 or so at Osgiliath. I would like the same epic proportions in Battle For Middle Earth 3. 9000 soldiers vs 30000 orcs with a buncha ghosts thrown in and a fancy battering ram with elephants.
IMaBIOHAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 IMaBIOHAZARD
Member since 2008 • 1464 Posts
Maybe a Total War mod could fix the absence of BFME3.... It's a game I'd really like to see. The other games were pretty basic, but still some good old fun. If they made it just slightly deeper than it already is, I'd be happy as a clam.