Ati Radeon 5770 hdmi problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShortTall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShortTall
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts

Hi, I've run into a problem that would make anyone go crazy. 3 days ago or so my PC was connected via hdmi to my 40" Samsung TV no problem whatsoever. I leave my PC on downloading something then come back 2-3 hours later only to see it unplugged from the wall. Unfortunately this for some reason messed up my hdmi output, im not sure what it is since DVI works fine but hdmi seems to not exist anymore when its connected now, I have no clue what the problem could be. Last night i had disconnected my DVI cable then switched to hdmi and it worked. Put it on hibernate turned it back on and then i got the "No signal message" Back to square one. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on how to fix this pesky problem please let me know!

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@ShortTall said:

Hi, I've run into a problem that would make anyone go crazy. 3 days ago or so my PC was connected via hdmi to my 40" Samsung TV no problem whatsoever. I leave my PC on downloading something then come back 2-3 hours later only to see it unplugged from the wall. Unfortunately this for some reason messed up my hdmi output, im not sure what it is since DVI works fine but hdmi seems to not exist anymore when its connected now, I have no clue what the problem could be. Last night i had disconnected my DVI cable then switched to hdmi and it worked. Put it on hibernate turned it back on and then i got the "No signal message" Back to square one. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on how to fix this pesky problem please let me know!

You could choose display with Windows options or via your GPU program

ShortTall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ShortTall

@PredatorRules: How would I do that?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Windows Settings > device > project

AMD Catalyst > desktop management/common display tasks/my digital flat panels

ShortTall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ShortTall

@PredatorRules: Those options aren't there :/

ShortTall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ShortTall

Bump. Problem still not fixed and now theres another. My pc turns on and so do the led's, but thats it. Nothing else :/ can anyone help? it was working till i took out the video card and also battery and reinstalled.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@ShortTall said:

Bump. Problem still not fixed and now theres another. My pc turns on and so do the led's, but thats it. Nothing else :/ can anyone help? it was working till i took out the video card and also battery and reinstalled.

looking at your problems i would say your psu need replacement.