Assassin's Creed 1 crashes every time...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NinthFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 NinthFall
Member since 2013 • 118 Posts

I simply cannot play this game on my PC. I'm sure the computer meets the requirements, as I built it myself a month ago. I've got a Windows 7 and this game just shuts down about 30 seconds in. I've got the physical copy of the game. I read that steam users fixed the issue by disconnecting internet, because the game tries to connect Ubisoft servers, which doesn't exist.

I wonder if that's the case for me as well, at least blocking the IPS didn't work... and I really wouldn't like to disconnect from internet every time I try to play the game...

Any fixes on this issue yet?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@NinthFall:

Specs?

NinthFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NinthFall

@GTR12:

Windows 7 64 bit

GeForce GTX 750

AMD 8320 Eight-Core Processor

8 GT memory

NinthFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NinthFall

I got it working. Here's what I did:

I uninstalled the game (think it was second time I did this). I installed all the unnecessary Windows 7 updates (my computer noted the updates as unnecessary). I installed Assassin's Creed 1 from the disc (starting the whole installation process from beginning) and here's what I believe is the reason it works now; after the installation is complete, the game asks do I want to register to Ubisoft now. I checked the "remind me in 7 days" and closed that window. Now that I didn't register the game, it doesn't try to access Ubisoft servers, which as I heard doesn't exist anymore, which caused the game to crash in the first place (the game trying to access those servers in the first place).

I also got my Xbox 360 wired controller for Windows working on this game as well. Here's how: I connected the controller and restarted the computer. After that I ran Assassin's Creed and there it was on the controller options "Xbox 360 controller", I chose it and it works just fine now.

Hope this helps those with similar problems.