Are you still going to buy EA published games?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I know I am very reluctant to buy anything to do with EA, especially after BF4.

I just read this Gamespot where one of the EA chiefs has called the criticism of the game "noise".

That really is concerning that they're taking the damage so lightly.

Its difficult because there are some games from them I'd like to try such as Mass Effect 4, Dragon Age 3 and Titanfall. I won't be preordering them though.

Are you still going to keep buying EA games?

Avatar image for gogoplexiorayo2
Gogoplexiorayo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#2 Gogoplexiorayo2
Member since 2013 • 189 Posts

yes i will continue to buy EA games as im not an idealist and dont care about popular opinion. Looking forward to mass effect 4!

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Can always buy them on sale later on...

Anyway I will most likely buy a game on release if it looks great, EA or not.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

@gogoplexiorayo2 said:

yes i will continue to buy EA games as im not an idealist and dont care about popular opinion. Looking forward to mass effect 4!

^ This but I don't care about ME

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I feel this is every big game publishers' outlook. They always assume any backlash it he "vocal minority".

I'll buy an EA game if it interests me. Just haven't seen any recently. Titanfall has piqued my interest, but I'm still waiting to see how it pans out.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Probably but I'm really going to hold off on FIFA15 and wait for reviews after what happened to FIFA14.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

No. They're not making it hard either - they only publish crap anyways. I can think of a million other companies I'd give my money to before giving EA another dime.

I can't think of a single game, ever released, in the entirety of game history, where more than 3/4 of its content wasn't stable (or even playable) for weeks past launch. Battlefield 4 is the only game in history to ever do that. It's still funny that people act like it was anything other than the worst thing ever put out. EA must have shipped them the special, working copies. To clarifym this was on the PS4, not PC version. Still - console versions of games are typically the ones play-tested the most because console consumers aren't exactly used to this sort of abuse.

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

i don't like EA either, probably the only games i've bought from them in recent times were Dragon Age and Mass Effect, i try to stay away from them other then that. I didn't touch Simcity because of them, and theres a ton other games i've skipped because they ruined.

Its funny they call criticism 'noise', That noise are things they should be listening to, ignoring your customers will turn them away and hurt sales, and maybe even cause them to die out... even though it'd be pretty hard for them to go broke with all the properties they've monopolized.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

I don't really buy their games as it is. Out of the handful of EA published games that I actually own - 99% of them have been bought on sale for $5 or less. I'm just not interested in the games they publish.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#10 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I bought 4 EA published games in 2013, 3 of them I really regret spending money on (BF4 which is broken with the same shit design as BF3, Crysis 3 which was just boring, NFS Rivals which is one of the worst PC ports of 2013). Dead Space 3 was ok, I got my monies worth and it worked well, but it still had some trademark EA bullshit like microtransactions and was the weakest game in the series overall.

Someone pointed out to me that as long as people keep buying the tripe EA is putting out, they have no reason to change their policies, and that makes a lot of sense to me. So no I won't be buying any more games from EA until they improve.

As a aside, I felt the same way about Ubisoft a few years ago when they had always-online DRM and called 95% of PC gamers pirates. However they seem to be taking feedback to heart and had a freaking awesome year in 2013, Uplay is still a piece of shit, but at least they seem to be trying.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Mass effect trilogy and BF 3-4 have been all I've purchased from EA in the last 7 years. It's safe to say I will not be buying an EA game anywhere near launch at full price the next time I do. Hell I was all ways unwilling to buy premium I did it this time and will never do such a thing again. $50 extra dollars and they don't even unlock all the shit. I think I've learned my lesson with this game and X rebirth.

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

No, I've promised to never buy a EA game again. The last time I bought something from them was because of the humble bundle sale.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Im not that bad but its a wait an see on dragon age 3..Waiting to here more..SimCity was ok but they didn't listen to there fanbase either..Lying to them about the always online crap than changing there mind saying it can be..Screwing with the modders at first than later on saying now modders can mod..Also the larger map areas is a bullshit line in there game..The public wanted it an they say it cant be done..Bet later on a modder does it an finds a way..Ea has been lying to the public for years now..Dragon age 2 was a waste but they seam to be listening an making 3 bigger like we wanted an more original dungeons..

Im not sure the gripping on bf4 ive got it on my ps4 its ok not a great game..Every game they make they turn into micromanagement..Just recently that article on bulldogs old game..Peter griping about it last night dungeon keeper..Look what they did there than they say enough people are buying it so we don't care attitude..

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

I'll buy good games regardless of who made or published them. Un/Fortunately that means I haven't bought many EA games in the last few years anyways.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Nope. I won't buy them. But I will play them. ;) haha !

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

@biggest_loser: I vote with my wallet, EA is a shitty company, haven't bought a game from them since BF3

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#17 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

Yes, Mass Effect 4 and Dragon Age III are on my mind the games I want to buy soon.

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

I couldn't care less about who the publisher is. If a game looks like a good purchase to me I'll buy it, if it's bad or really buggy I won't. I play games for fun, I'm not concerned with the whole evil big publisher drama.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

gotta wait & see if the new ME or DA is actually gonna be good...so far haven't bought any EA games since BF3. :P

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

Last 4 games I bought from EA left me feeling ripped off and insulted so nope. In one of their recent sports franchise iterations they put little to no effort into anything but putting in more ads and finding ways to charge the consumer more money, I'm serious, they make loading screens take longer, give the user less customization and force more advertisements and waiting on the consumer. The sega 2k games had more intricacy, customization and quality of gameplay 6 years ago than what they release nowadays. When will people wake up and realize EA moves the industry backwards, they remove features and add ways to screw over their customers.

I probably won't buy an EA game for a decade, very very against their whole operation, they care only about money and if you have passion for a franchise or genre it won't matter, if EA's got the monopoly on it you only get to choose being screwed over or not spending the money. EA is the Ewe Boll of videogames, you will never leave feeling fulfilled because they don't care about the consumer at all, screw EA

KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KABCOOL
Member since 2009 • 1147 Posts

I don't care who publishes it, if the game is good and I can justify spending money on it then yes I will but the game.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By robokill

@KABCOOL said:

I don't care who publishes it, if the game is good and I can justify spending money on it then yes I will but the game.

problem is with their monopoly they slowly degrade the expectations of consumers helping them to think a game is good when it's anything but, they care about their bottomline only and make people think unfinished, unpolished garbage that doesn't work is good.

The consumers are paying to pay their betas that never really become functional. Take the NHL series for example, you want to play online? Well good luck, because it's impossible to play without gamebreaking lag for anyone and it's just part of the game yet the games some how don't get the 2's or 3's they deserve. They can't do things right that companies from previous generations strove for.

KABCOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KABCOOL
Member since 2009 • 1147 Posts

@robokill: What I mean is, if a new game comes out and the reviews are fantastic, just because the game is published by EA doesn't mean I am going to suddenly refuse to buy the game. I don't really who the game is published by I care about the quality of the game. So if EA does publish a game and the quality is sub par then I will probably stay away from it.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By robokill

the thing is, EA takes the entire industries standards, they take average/below average and release so many of them, pay so much advertising and intimidate/monopolize as much as they can and end up turning those 5's into 7's and 8's. They lower the bar single handedly, the only thing they are pushing forward in their games is pixel count. The farther they are away from the production the better.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#25 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Matey, I wasn't buying them in the first place. EA suck. Sucked for years and the only reason they got a purchase was in a steam sale. Which is now moot.

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts

Yes I will keep buying EA games since they do publish some great ass games, Origin is a pretty decent platform too. Some of the stuff they do is dumb, but whatever man, I play the games and have fun doing just that.

Preordered Titanfall, game looks cool.

Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts

If a game looks good, I buy it. I don't really care who publishes it. I don't have a problem with Origin either. I'll do what I do for every other game and wait for reviews, gameplay videos and a price that seems worthy.

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts

It depends. If they put out games that catch my attention, I will consider it. I purchased BF4 shortly after its release last year and it was a mess at that time. With the latest patch, the game seems to be working fine or at least acceptable to me, I'm finally able to play the game somewhat competitively now. After this, I've decided not to purchase EA games unless a game catches my attention and player reviews indicate that the game was not rushed out to the market.

spaceninja818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 spaceninja818
Member since 2009 • 425 Posts

BioWare has been going downhill ever since they got indoctrinated by the rEApers.

I hate EA and Origin, even though I have the third Mass Effect, Dead Space, Crysis and Battlefiled from Origin/EA. Fortunately, I was able to get Dragon Age 2 on Steam before it got pulled.

But still, these bastards indoctrinated me too. So I know I'm gonna buy DA3 and ME4 when they're released. I love those series too much to ignore them.

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#30 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

I will never, ever put the cancerware that is Origin on my computer. I have little moral conflict buying their games which don't require it, but I refuse to infest my system with that garbage. And the fact that they act above their criticism and their general treatment of paying customers is disgusting.

Gallowhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 9

#31 Gallowhand
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

The only EA game on the horizon that interested me was the new Mirror's Edge - but the way they've been going lately, I think I just won't bother any more. They continue to poop on franchises, screw up releases, and bullishly defend some of their anti-consumer practices. No, I see no point in continuing to feed money to the EA grinding machine.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@krazyorange said:

I will never, ever put the cancerware that is Origin on my computer. I have little moral conflict buying their games which don't require it, but I refuse to infest my system with that garbage. And the fact that they act above their criticism and their general treatment of paying customers is disgusting.

I wonder if this person has Steam installed.... hmm....

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts

Yes.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#34 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

I will yes, what he is saying is not really wrong imo.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#35 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

@8-Bitterness said:

Yes I will keep buying EA games since they do publish some great ass games, Origin is a pretty decent platform too.Some of the stuff they do is dumb, but whatever man, I play the games and have fun doing just that.

Preordered Titanfall, game looks cool.

Conidering they copy pasted steam it should be, Even though it's mission a million features. Too bad the price of games on Origin border on insanity.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

impossible not to. they do publish quality titles every year

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#37 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Nope. I won't buy them. But I will play them. ;) haha !

same here

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

EA's releases make it easy for me to boycot them, so no I won't ;)

RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

I buy games that I'm interested in, don't really care from which publisher they come.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

Not any Battlefield games for sure.

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

Is the decision to not install Origin completely a question of ethics, or are there technical reasons to avoid the software?

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#42 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts

Been playing Battlefield since BC2 and will probably continue to keep buying games in the series, I just like it too much. One thing I probably won't do is pre-order, what waste that was, couldn't even play the game for like 4 days ta launch.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Yes I will. Despite the things EA has done, they are involved in some pretty amazing games like Mass Effect 4 and Dragon Age Inquisition which I wouldn't miss for anything in the world.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

If a game looks interesting to me and is generally well received then I will likely pick it up regardless of the publisher. Although I'm far more likely to pick up a game if it's on steam then any other distributor.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

I stopped buying EA games a while ago, because the don't make very many good games. Their terrible business practices are just gravy. The Mass Effect games are the only EA games I've really enjoyed since Crysis and Crysis 2. And I got 2 out of the 3 for free with the Origin Promo Code glitch... last year? Or was that the year before? Whatever. I also got Dead Space 1 and 2 with that glitch, and they were decent. I enjoyed them for a playthrough, but I wouldn't have been happy if I bought them for any more than $10-$15 each. Played Dead Space 3 and it was atrocious, so I'm glad I didn't buy that one. I'll keep an eye on Mass Effect 4 when it comes out, and that might be the next EA game I buy. I also have Dragon Age Origins sitting in my Origin account (got for free with the glitch) but I haven't played it yet. Maybe one of these days.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#46  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

Felipe has been amazingly reserved in his trolling of this thread. This type of thing usually gets him all fired up with the personal insults and ad hominem attacks.

To answer the original question. No I haven't bought an EA game since ME3, which was a huge disappointment. Seeing their recent track record - NFS:R, BF4, SimCity, etc. speaks volumes for where they are going as a company, They aren't making games I am willing to pay for even at $5. Especially with how bad Origin is, it has barely been updated since they released it 3 years ago. Their recent micro-trans insanity in the mobile space (PvZ2, Dungeon Defenders) just further cemented my disdain for anything published by EA. I fully expect them to ruin the next Dragon Age and Mass Effect games as well so barring some miracle where ME4 is actually amazing (I'm talking 90+ on metacritic) I have no intention of buying EA games in the future. They have ruined too many good series, forced a half-finished then completely ignored digital distribution service on us, and stated their intent to milk every one of their franchises to death with micro-transactions in the future.

They will not get another dime from me in the foreseeable future.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#47 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts

I'm really interested in Dragon Age 3 though, I may pick that up if its good. Apart from that, Crysis is dead to me after 3, Mass Effect....meh, also after 3, Sim city what more needs to be said, Dead space depends. Never liked BF and Titanfall is $30 overpriced.

If the game is good enough, I'll get it. If its a publisher I dislike I'll get it when its on sale.