Anybody try Wildstar yet?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Wildstar Trailer

Wildstar Gameplay

Just found this game and it piqued my interest. Wondering if anyone here has tried it out yet? If so, what do you think about it?

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#2 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

WoW style MMO with action combat. Same old formula, if you don't mind that it is well done.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@vfibsux said:

WoW style MMO with action combat. Same old formula, if you don't mind that it is well done.

Thanks to vfibsux I got a Beta Key and have been playing it for a few days.

Nothing new or revolutionary but it's a well polished MMO where you can cleary see the developers have taken great care and dedication to it (and that's just beta).

The combat imo is really fun. I thought the hit markers would spoil it but it actually makes it intense cause you have to dash, avoid, and attack all at the same time.

The graphics are very comical and nice looking, and it's an overwhelming MMO with so many things included.

I think it will do well.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vfibsux

I believe it will as well, I'm on the fence whether or not I'll pick it up.

PlusFour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PlusFour
Member since 2011 • 125 Posts

Looks alright. Still the same, tired formula with a few tweaks, but to each their own. Only thing really putting me off it is the monthly fee cost (correct me if i'm wrong.) Much prefer free-to-play options these days.

Edit - Just read the c.r.e.d.d systems they've got, looks interesting. Similar to eve i guess.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

MMOS are honestly a dying breed when you say do well, you aren't saying if it will be played 4 years or more. Warhammer was a good mmo, it died.

In my opinion an MMO is one that lasts 4+ years with an active playerbase and I personally don't think this one is anything special, I think Guildwars 2 will last longer, and it is no EVE though it is adopting the very good pay to play system, but it only works with a large active playerbase.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vfibsux

@IvanElk said:

MMOS are honestly a dying breed when you say do well, you aren't saying if it will be played 4 years or more. Warhammer was a good mmo, it died.

In my opinion an MMO is one that lasts 4+ years with an active playerbase and I personally don't think this one is anything special, I think Guildwars 2 will last longer, and it is no EVE though it is adopting the very good pay to play system, but it only works with a large active playerbase.

MMO's in their traditional sense died with WoW's release, what you have now is these short attention span gimme now solo player chat rooms. I think today's MMO's are made for kids with ADD, they can max everything in a few days, cry about being bored in end game, move on to something new, and most of time they won't have to pay a dime.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Really what ground breaking do you want in a mmorpg..Lvling will always be there..The grind people make me laugh oh its all about the grind..Thats been in all type of games since day one..How much can they really change these mmorpgs..Even some of the indie games are getting old..They copy off each other..How many versions of minecraft can u do..Terraria copied them also..Now Everquest next is doing minecraft..Yall want what in a change..No lvling up it be kind of boring..What would u want included spells an skills to lvl up its been done before..Rpgs have been around for the last 40 years since ultima..The games where deaper an cheper to make.Nothing can be that ground breaking any more because the devs are afraid to try..

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@vfibsux said:

@IvanElk said:

MMO's in their traditional sense died with WoW's release, what you have now is these short attention span gimme now solo player chat rooms. I think today's MMO's are made for kids with ADD, they can max everything in a few days, cry about being bored in end game, move on to something new, and most of time they won't have to pay a dime.

That's what has always baffled me. An MMO is released and after a week people are saying there is nothing left to do after maxing out their characters. Do these people work? study? eat?