Another PC dev leaving for console land

This topic is locked from further discussion.

underdark944

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 underdark944
Member since 2003 • 1368 Posts
"This Big Huge Games press release has a big (huge, even) announcement, stating that former Bethesda Softworks designer Ken Rolston has joined the company. Rolston was the lead designer for both Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion but had officially retired just after Elder Scrolls IV was completed. The press release stated that Rolston will now be working with Big Huge Games on an unnanounced console RPG game which represents a departure for Big Huge Games, who previously developed the PC RTS games Rise of Nations and its sequel Rise of Legends."

- Firingsquad ( http://firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=14398 )

It's another sad departure...after Ensemble, now it's Big Huge.
BloodMist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 BloodMist
Member since 2002 • 32922 Posts
Ahhh well, i don't really like that developer much anyway, i thought RoL kinda sucked.RoN was, for the record, amazing, though.
underdark944

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 underdark944
Member since 2003 • 1368 Posts
    I loved Rise of Nations and liked RoL.
Subacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Subacious
Member since 2006 • 345 Posts
I respect the president of the studio, Brian Reynolds, for basically creating Civilization II (Meier didn't have much to do with Civ 2).  But as for Big Huge games, Rise of Nations was ok and Rise of Legends kind of sucked.  Besides, their next game is going to be an RPG, and I hate RPG's so no loss in my book