Amplifier for the AKG K-240

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mr_zombie60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mr_zombie60
Member since 2007 • 560 Posts

I recently bought the AKG K-240 and they are not as loud as I'd desire. I have a new synthesizer on the way, the Roland SH-201, and I'd like to be able to use these headphones with it. What would be a decent headphone amplifier that'd work well with my synth and headphones for around $30-50? I apologize if this question is a bit redundant, I don't know very much about headphone amplifiers and the faq seemed a bit bare in that regard.

Edit: Also, I am willing to stretch my budget as necessary to comfortably obtain quality, louder, volume. Preferably something that doesn't work off of batteries.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

I recently bought the AKG K-240 and they are not as loud as I'd desire. I have a new synthesizer on the way, the Roland SH-201, and I'd like to be able to use these headphones with it. What would be a decent headphone amplifier that'd work well with my synth and headphones for around $30-50? I apologize if this question is a bit redundant, I don't know very much about headphone amplifiers and the faq seemed a bit bare in that regard.

Edit: Also, I am willing to stretch my budget as necessary to comfortably obtain quality, louder, volume. Preferably something that doesn't work off of batteries.

mr_zombie60
That last part is a problem. Your not going to get a good amp thats not off of batteries for $50. Either get a FiiO E11 that runs off batterys or get a Schiit Magni which is $100. Also, some people on Head-Fi have said that the Magni sounds amazing with the K240.
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

Bravo V2 tube amplifier. You can purchase the amp on ebay from this seller (bravodeal4you).

The amp sells from $30~$60 or you can choose 'buy it now' for $70, you'll likely snag one for ~$50.

4827791501_1b514a92a2_z.jpg