AMD's Gaming GPU R9 290X Wins World Most Powerful Chip Award

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

User Lists: 0

#1 Xtasy26
Member since 2008 • 5582 Posts

FULLHD1080P.com awarded AMD with the World's Most Powerful Computer Chip Award for 2013.

http://1080ponly.wix.com/fullhd1080p#!world-most-powerful-chip-2013/c75

Hopefully, they will make profit's ALL throughout 2014 and not just the second half of the year like they did last year.

Now, put more R9 290's on the market AMD! They are still ridiculously expensive!

560ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 560ti
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

Why are they using Tflop as the criteria when every review shows the 780ti as a faster card ? (hell a third party 780ti matches a GTX 690 which is insane).

I'm not hating on the 290x (it will be a nice card once AMD gets off there ass and finally releases 1. More cards, there was stock issues even before the coin boom and 2. Lets third party actually do there job and stop limiting there product to stock coolers).

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RevanBITW
Member since 2013 • 739 Posts

Now I just want a Charles Barkley pic cropped next to a Geforce.

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

It's an amazing card but plagued by bad memory. They forgot to put that into the review. I as well as thousands of others have had to RMA our cards back to be replaced because of bad memory black screening :/

yngsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 yngsten
Member since 2011 • 463 Posts

I'm more than satisfied with my Asus GTX 780 DCIIOC.

560ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By 560ti

And what in the hell is Full1080P.com ? (their not even their own website and they have like 4 articles on there, 3 of which is about AMD).

So basically some blog with 4 articles gave 290x an award ? (this is a strange thread).

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

@560ti said:

Why are they using Tflop as the criteria when every review shows the 780ti as a faster card ? (hell a third party 780ti matches a GTX 690 which is insane).

I'm not hating on the 290x (it will be a nice card once AMD gets off there ass and finally releases 1. More cards, there was stock issues even before the coin boom and 2. Lets third party actually do there job and stop limiting there product to stock coolers).

Game benchmarks, they trade wins. (not just on bf4, but I know Metro gets better avg. fps by a decent little margin for the 290x)

Just saying.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Xtasy26

@560ti said:

Because it's an award for all out most powerful computer chip. That's why intel was included. If it was from another company besides nVidia, intel or AMD they would win the title. It's that simple. As for the stock issue. You are correct. That's what got me pissed at AMD. I still can't find a R9 290 at it's launch price and it's been a month and a half. That's un-acceptable.

@560ti said:

And what in the hell is Full1080P.com ? (their not even their own website and they have like 4 articles on there, 3 of which is about AMD).

So basically some blog with 4 articles gave 290x an award ? (this is a strange thread).

I would like to consider it a min-tech/blog site. Despite, the facts are undisputed in terms of computer chip power.

@RevanBITW

As for Charles Barkley that would show that the GeForce is vastly inferior to the R9 290X because MJ > Charles Barkley..oh wait. ;)

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

Soo... A website named "FullHD1080p", ey.

This is pretty desperate fanboy material.

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RevanBITW

@Xtasy26 said:

As for Charles Barkley that would show that the GeForce is vastly inferior to the R9 290X because MJ > Charles Barkley..oh wait. ;)

I think whats more telling is your avatar and how much fanboyism you shit all over the place.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

@C_Rule said:

Bahahaha, agreed :p

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

@Xtasy26 said:

@560ti said:

Because it's an award for all out most powerful computer chip. That's why intel was included. If it was from another company besides nVidia, intel or AMD they would win the title. It's that simple. As for the stock issue. You are correct. That's what got me pissed at AMD. I still can't find a R9 290 at it's launch price and it's been a month and a half. That's un-acceptable.

Well like I said, they have to replace a ton of cards that are black screening because of bad memory. That sure is not helping. I should get my new R9 290 back within a week so it seems they're working hard on getting R9 owners their working cards back.

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

I don't want to take any sides or anything but this whole fullhd-whatnot sounds fishy ... never heard of them and just looking through their "many" articles makes me even more confused ... something doesn't feel right.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts
@560ti said:

This,

plus this whole thread is flamebait.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

great website, i use it once in a while and they are pretty credible. Yes the 290x is a great card, but there are too many issues with its stock levels and bad cooling, and the fact that you can't find one easily for less than $1000 atm.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Xtasy26 said:

FULLHD1080P.com awarded AMD with the World's Most Powerful Computer Chip Award for 2013.

http://1080ponly.wix.com/fullhd1080p#!world-most-powerful-chip-2013/c75

Hopefully, they will make profit's ALL throughout 2014 and not just the second half of the year like they did last year.

Now, put more R9 290's on the market AMD! They are still ridiculously expensive!

I'll let you choose which type of medal you want...

560ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By 560ti

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

great website, i use it once in a while and they are pretty credible.

Great website ? Use once in a while ? (what ?)

There's a three sentence paragraph about the 200 series launch, a short story about a console game (GTA 5), and an article with benchmarks stolen from another site (those three things make up the entire site).

Theres like two minutes of reading material on the entire site and non of it is original (this isn't even a website, its like a small incomplete blog).

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

great website, i use it once in a while and they are pretty credible. Yes the 290x is a great card, but there are too many issues with its stock levels and bad cooling, and the fact that you can't find one easily for less than $1000 atm.

Can I have some of the drugs you are on? They are $599 on newegg. $50 over MSRP if I remember correctly. Aftermarket cooling is out too, and hopefully within a month the aftermarket cards should settle at $600 and below. That are OCed and fix some of the heat issues. Even though I have a reference 290X, and I have good speakers and headset, havent heard it once in game. How loud it is, just a bunch of FUD by NV fanboys.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Xtasy26

@RevanBITW said:

@Xtasy26 said:

I think whats more telling is your avatar and how much fanboyism you shit all over the place.

Stating fact's is fanboyism? Are you that delusional?

560ti said:

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

great website, i use it once in a while and they are pretty credible.

Great website ? Use once in a while ? (what ?)

There's a three sentence paragraph about the 200 series launch, a short story about a console game (GTA 5), and an article with benchmarks stolen from another site (those three things make up the entire site).

Theres like two minutes of reading material on the entire site and non of it is original (this isn't even a website, its like a small incomplete blog).

Yes true. But you can't deny the fact's. Maybe they are just under-staffed, lol.

@Code135 said:

I don't want to take any sides or anything but this whole fullhd-whatnot sounds fishy ... never heard of them and just looking through their "many" articles makes me even more confused ... something doesn't feel right.

Well, you could verify their claims of computation power from other sites also. So, what they stated is factually correct. The R9 290X is indeed the World's Most Powerful Computer chip in the world right now.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Xtasy26

@C_Rule said:

Hmm..exactly how?

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RevanBITW

@Xtasy26 said:

@C_Rule said:

Hmm..exactly how?

Because all this site has is articles bragging about AMD???

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Because the 290X is a shit of a GPU, seriously 290 when it was lunched and the 280X are the only worth GPUs out of the new line, now when the price is high in the sky it's GTX780 over the 290 and the 780ti over the 290X

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Xtasy26

@RevanBITW said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@C_Rule said:

Hmm..exactly how?

How is talking about launches of AMD is bragging about AMD? You have yet to dispute the claims in the article.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Xtasy26

@PredatorRules said:

Because the 290X is a shit of a GPU, seriously 290 when it was lunched and the 280X are the only worth GPUs out of the new line, now when the price is high in the sky it's GTX780 over the 290 and the 780ti over the 290X

How is the 290X a s*** of a GPU? When it get's to close of a performance of a 780 Ti and even beat's in some cases for $150 less. Now, their lack of avaliability and the price matter is a different story and that has to do with litecoin mining.

There I won't disagree.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By IvanElk

@Xtasy26 said:

@PredatorRules said:

How is the 290X a s*** of a GPU? When it get's to close of a performance of a 780 Ti and even beat's in some cases for $150 less. Now, their lack of avaliability and the price matter is a different story and that has to do with litecoin mining.

There I won't disagree.

Either way, that article was probably one of the worst sources I think I have seen in my life. Seriously a crap webpage, with hardly any history. Hey r9 290x is the best card according to them, let me post this for others to pointlessly click and realize how much shit the article is.

I am an amd user, (first pc 9XXX card, hd 4870, r9 290 now) but even I can tell your grasping at straws and are just an amd fanboy spreading a useless completely unofficial source.

560ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By 560ti

@RevanBITW said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@C_Rule said:

Hmm..exactly how?

Pretty much, Its not even a website . There's a three sentence paragraph about the 200 series launch, a short story about a console game (GTA 5), and an article with benchmarks stolen from another site (those three things make up the entire site).

Theres like two minutes of reading material on the entire site and non of it is original (its la small incomplete blog, NOT a website).

I don't understand how a blog with two minutes of reading material (non of which is original) warrants a thread ?

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Xtasy26

@IvanElk said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@PredatorRules said:

There I won't disagree.

Either way, that article was probably one of the worst sources I think I have seen in my life. Seriously a crap webpage, with hardly any history. Hey r9 290x is the best card according to them, let me post this for others to pointlessly click and realize how much shit the article is.

I am an amd user, (first pc 9XXX card, hd 4870, r9 290 now) but even I can tell your grasping at straws and are just an amd fanboy spreading a useless completely unofficial source.

Well, the site is new and they don't put much articles up. (maybe a staff, resource issue). But they are right on the money when it comes to "World's Most Powerful Computer Chip Award". They didn't say it was the best card, they stated it's the Most Powerful Computer Chip, that's why they had intel in there with it's Core i7 4960X with it's 100 Gigaflops of power. So, reading comprehension fail on your part. No, one can dispute that AMD hold's the crown for the Most Powerful Chip Award with 5.6 Teraflops of power. Name a consumer lever chip from intel that has more power? Oh right you can't.

As for "AMD Fanboy" it's a bunch of nonsense. Tell me how anything in that article is not factual?

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Xtasy26

@560ti said:

@RevanBITW said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@C_Rule said:

Hmm..exactly how?

Pretty much, Its not even a website . There's a three sentence paragraph about the 200 series launch, a short story about a console game (GTA 5), and an article with benchmarks stolen from another site (those three things make up the entire site).

Theres like two minutes of reading material on the entire site and non of it is original (its la small incomplete blog, NOT a website).

I don't understand how a blog with two minutes of reading material (non of which is original) warrants a thread ?

I am not argue about the lack of material in that site.

However, you have yet to disprove anything in that article that is incorrect.

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RevanBITW

@Xtasy26 said:

@560ti said:

@RevanBITW said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@C_Rule said:

Hmm..exactly how?

The article says the 290x is the most powerful GPU in the world in reality the 780 Ti is simply more powerful. They say it only cost 550$ when in reality you can't find it for less than 600$ and they say the 780 Ti is at 700$ when yuo can actually find it for 660$. It's fanboyism at its worst.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Xtasy26

@RevanBITW said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@560ti said:

@RevanBITW said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@C_Rule said:

Hmm..exactly how?

The article says the 290x is the most powerful GPU in the world in reality the 780 Ti is simply more powerful. They say it only cost 550$ when in reality you can't find it for less than 600$ and they say the 780 Ti is at 700$ when yuo can actually find it for 660$. It's fanboyism at its worst.

Nowhere in the article it says the "290X is the most powerful GPU in the World". It states that the R9 290X is the "World's Most Powerful Computer Chip" in the World. It's the Award for the Most Powerful Computer Chip, hence intel was included as intel is one of the top 3 powerful computer chip makers in the world. With the Ivy Bridge Core i7 4960X being their most powerful consumer computer chip. Read the article before commenting

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RevanBITW

@Xtasy26 said:

@RevanBITW said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@560ti said:

@RevanBITW said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@C_Rule said:

Hmm..exactly how?

Nowhere in the article it says the "290X is the most powerful GPU in the World". It states that the R9 290X is the "World's Most Powerful Computer Chip" in the World. It's the Award for the Most Powerful Computer Chip, hence intel was included as intel is one of the top 3 powerful computer chip makers in the world. With the Ivy Bridge Core i7 4960X being their most powerful consumer computer chip. Read the article before commenting

So the article compares processors to gpus. Thats just retarded.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 IvanElk

@Xtasy26 said:

@IvanElk said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@PredatorRules said:

There I won't disagree.

Well, the site is new and they don't put much articles up. (maybe a staff, resource issue). But they are right on the money when it comes to "World's Most Powerful Computer Chip Award". They didn't say it was the best card, they stated it's the Most Powerful Computer Chip, that's why they had intel in there with it's Core i7 4960X with it's 100 Gigaflops of power. So, reading comprehension fail on your part. No, one can dispute that AMD hold's the crown for the Most Powerful Chip Award with 5.6 Teraflops of power. Name a consumer lever chip from intel that has more power? Oh right you can't.

As for "AMD Fanboy" it's a bunch of nonsense. Tell me how anything in that article is not factual?

Well as far as that goes there are non consumer chips that are more powerful.

Second, they (a source with no reputation to speak of) gives an award. How in the hell does that seem to be some sort of benefit for AMD.

Guys, I am giving out awards. Intel gets the "Best Processor Manafacturer of 2014" Award.

AMD gets the "Cheapest Processor Manafacturer of 2014" Award

Nvidia gets the "Our GPU's Suck at Mining LiteCoin" award.

But no one makes threads about these awards I bestow upon random companies. Which in essence is what you are doing.

Lol this website doesn't have staff. If they did it would be 2 buddies at most. The website most likely has no traffic, no ad revenue. Furthering my point of why the hell would anyone use them as a source. Making this website have no authority on what they say.

They stole numbers from others' websites testing and these numbers showed that AMD had the best consumer (which I don't think they said) chip in terms of flops then they made up an award to give it for that.

Making up awards is fun, I think I am going to go make a website than anything I want to prove I will find a few facts around the internet and then come up with an award.

560ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By 560ti

@Xtasy26 said:

1. I'm an AMD card owner and even I agree that a 780ti is faster

2. See the post above me. The website is an incomplete blog so why is there a thread on there opinion ? (why is a no name blog giving a vague award thread worthy ? What exact is the news/benefit of this ?)

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Xtasy26

@IvanElk said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@IvanElk said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@PredatorRules said:

There I won't disagree.

Second, they (a source with no reputation to speak of) gives an award. How in the hell does that seem to be some sort of benefit for AMD.

Guys, I am giving out awards. Intel gets the "Best Processor Manafacturer of 2014" Award.

But no one makes threads about these awards I bestow upon random companies. Which in essence is what you are doing.

Lol this website doesn't have staff. If they did it would be 2 buddies at most. The website most likely has no traffic, no ad revenue. Furthering my point of why the hell would anyone use them as a source. Making this website have no authority on what they say.

They stole numbers from others' websites testing and these numbers showed that AMD had the best consumer (which I don't think they said) chip in terms of flops then they made up an award to give it for that.

Making up awards is fun, I think I am going to go make a website than anything I want to prove I will find a few facts around the internet and then come up with an award.

Are you implying that designing the World's Most Powerful Computer Chip is not an achievement? WOW. Because designing a computer chip with tens of billions of processors..is SO EASY. The fact that AMD did so with little resources is indeed an achievement. With respect to how AMD uses it is up to them. As for the idiotic awards you came up with ...like "Our GPUs Suck at mining"? Why would companies use something that's degrades their product? That's just downright stupid.

And I am not going argue about the site having no ad revenue..looks like it's new..hey, somebody has to somewhere.

Lastly, I am still waiting for you to dispute anything that is not "factual" in that article?...I asked you for the same info last time...I am still waiting...

And for the record the a VP at AMD retweeted the link..so, someone is liking it at AMD. ;)

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Xtasy26

@560ti said:

@Xtasy26 said:

1. I'm an AMD card owner and even I agree that a 780ti is faster

2. See the post above me. The website is an incomplete blog so why is there a thread on there opinion ? (why is a no name blog giving a vague award thread worthy ? What exact is the news/benefit of this ?)

Uh..where in that article it stated that the 780Ti is faster, depending on games the the 780Ti is faster.

Secondly, it's not an "opinion" it's a fact that with respect to Terflops the R9 290X is more powerful than the 780 Ti. That's it's the award for the "World's Most Powerful Computer Chip" Award and that's why intel's Most Powerful Consumer chip was included.

Lastly, I asked you asked you question, DISPROVE anything in that article that is incorrect? I am still waiting...

560ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 560ti

@Xtasy26 said:

@560ti said:

Uh..where in that article it stated that the 780Ti is faster, depending on games the the 780Ti is faster.

Secondly, it's not an "opinion" it's a fact that with respect to Terflops the R9 290X is more powerful than the 780 Ti. That's it's the award for the "World's Most Powerful Computer Chip" Award and that's why intel's Most Powerful Consumer chip was included.

Lastly, I asked you asked you question, DISPROVE anything in that article that is incorrect? I am still waiting...

Tomshardware 780ti review: "GeForce GTX 780 Ti as the fastest single-GPU board out there…consistently"

Guru 3D 780ti review: "stock 780TI mostly wins against the 290x"

Anandtech review: " stock vs stock 11% faster than Radeon R9 290X"

Techpower: "stock 780ti beats 290x by 8-12%"

So pretty much any website out there says the 780ti is faster. The website that the blog stole the benchmarks from (tomshardware) even said 780ti is the fastest...... (not even the blogs own sources claim that the 290x is the fastest, what a joke).

Tflops ? Are you joking ? The differences in how each company handles their shader processors does not equal 1:1 ratio (architecture wise) so comparing Tflops is an AWFUL way to compare power (you know this so I don't even know why you said that quote). By that logic I can say FX 9000 series is the fastest because it has the most GZ (just like you, im discrediting ratio/architecture).

780Ti is the fastest and I don't know/understand your obsession with this no-name blog that has its own source disagreeing with it (and I don't understand your clinging to Tflops which irrelevant).

So basically 1. Almost every website has the 780ti faster 2. Tflops is an awful way to value a card and you already know this 3. This blog has three articles, no orginal material, and isn't accredited, why is this blog worthy of a thread ? Because it says the 290x is the fastest based Tflops ? (lol is this a joke ?).

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Xtasy26

@560ti said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@560ti said:

Tomshardware 780ti review: "GeForce GTX 780 Ti as the fastest single-GPU board out there…consistently"

Guru 3D 780ti review: "stock 780TI mostly wins against the 290x"

Anandtech review: " stock vs stock 11% faster than Radeon R9 290X"

Techpower: "stock 780ti beats 290x by 8-12%"

So pretty much any website out there says the 780ti is faster. The website that the blog stole the benchmarks from (tomshardware) even said 780ti is the fastest...... (not even the blogs own sources claim that the 290x is the fastest, what a joke).

Tflops ? Are you joking ? The differences in how each company handles their shader processors does not equal 1:1 ratio (architecture wise) so comparing Tflops is an AWFUL way to compare power (you know this so I don't even know why you said that quote). By that logic I can say FX 9000 series is the fastest because it has the most GZ (just like you, im discrediting ratio/architecture).

780Ti is the fastest and I don't know/understand your obsession with this no-name blog that has its own source disagreeing with it (and I don't understand your clinging to Tflops which irrelevant).

So basically 1. Almost every website has the 780ti faster 2. Tflops is an awful way to value a card and you already know this 3. This blog has three articles, no orginal material, and isn't accredited, why is this blog worthy of a thread ? Because it says the 290x is the fastest based Tflops ? (lol is this a joke ?).

Reading comprehension fail. Why do you keep on bringing of 780 Ti is faster than R9 290X? Where did it say it did or didn't it wasn't power. It's the Award for the "World's Most Powerful Computer Chip" not the "World's Most Powerful GPU". LMAO. So, basically you weren't able to disprove anything in that article. Not surprised.

Secondly, compute power is included in the "Worlds' Most Powerful Chip" just like it's used in "World Most Power Supercomputer" which are way in the petflops. If intel had produced more Terflops then they would have won it..regardless of the architecture. If intel's Gaming GPU that they were working on the Larrabee Gaming GPU which was hitting the Terflops marks and if it wasn't an engineering disaster then maybe intel might have won it regardless Larrabee having vastly different architecture than nVidia and AMD. Larrabee was more of an x86 approach to doing graphics.

Lastly, just because it's small site/blog and it's young doesn't mean they were wrong..you even failed to discredit anything they stated. LOL. So, does that mean if a young elementary school kid stated that 1+ 1 = 2. But you GO NO YOU ARE WRONG! Because it's an elementary school kid, how could he possibly be right? That's just stupid logic.

BTW, the R9 290X matches the 780 Ti in 4K UHD resolutions and even beat's it in some games.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/11/11/geforce_gtx_780_ti_vs_radeon_r9_290x_4k_gaming/3#.UtL-pdJdV4c

Even though, the R9 290X is $150 dollars less. LOL.

560ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By 560ti

@Xtasy26 said:

Reading comprehension fail. Why do you keep on bringing of 780 Ti is faster than R9 290X? Where did it say it did or didn't it wasn't power. It's the Award for the "World's Most Powerful Computer Chip" not the "World's Most Powerful GPU". LMAO. So, basically you weren't able to disprove anything in that article. Not surprised.

Secondly, compute power is included in the "Worlds' Most Powerful Chip" just like it's used in "World Most Power Supercomputer" which are way in the petflops. If intel had produced more Terflops then they would have won it..regardless of the architecture. If intel's Gaming GPU that they were working on the Larrabee Gaming GPU which was hitting the Terflops marks and if it wasn't an engineering disaster then maybe intel might have won it regardless Larrabee having vastly different architecture than nVidia and AMD. Larrabee was more of an x86 approach to doing graphics.

Lastly, just because it's small site/blog and it's young doesn't mean they were wrong..you even failed to discredit anything they stated. LOL. So, does that mean if a young elementary school kid stated that 1+ 1 = 2. But you GO NO YOU ARE WRONG! Because it's an elementary school kid, how could he possibly be right? That's just stupid logic.

Its not the fastest GPU but is the fastest chip in the world ? I'm suppose to make assumptions (assume what the blog it talking/referring to) based on a vague two sentences about the 290x ? (what type of freaking blog/resource is this ?).

Elementary school analogy makes no sense. Nvidia/AMD use different architecture so saying a number is bigger than the other makes no sense (the logic they used to determine which is the fastest is flawed). I'm hating because its not 1:1 so claiming TFlops is higher equals better/faster isn't cut and dry (this is a amateur blog so I wouldn't expect anything less).

What exactly is your obsession with this blog ? (I'm about 90% positive that this website is yours). It has no original material and, the award/articles are vague (I'm having to ASSUME on key areas because its too vague).

So basically an AMD fanboy BLOG is taking a vague term "most powerful" and trying to justify it with a once sentence statement about Tflops which is NOT 1:1...... (Why is this thread worthy ?)

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 IvanElk

@Xtasy26 said:

@IvanElk said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@IvanElk said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@PredatorRules said:

There I won't disagree.

Are you implying that designing the World's Most Powerful Computer Chip is not an achievement? WOW. Because designing a computer chip with tens of billions of processors..is SO EASY. The fact that AMD did so with little resources is indeed an achievement. With respect to how AMD uses it is up to them. As for the idiotic awards you came up with ...like "Our GPUs Suck at mining"? Why would companies use something that's degrades their product? That's just downright stupid.

And I am not going argue about the site having no ad revenue..looks like it's new..hey, somebody has to somewhere.

Lastly, I am still waiting for you to dispute anything that is not "factual" in that article?...I asked you for the same info last time...I am still waiting...

And for the record the a VP at AMD retweeted the link..so, someone is liking it at AMD. ;)

Are you a dumbass? (Its a question so I am totally not attacking him)

I never said it was an achievment, it was award donned by a website with 0 creditibility.

And all the awards I made are all based on facts therefore they are as credible as this website.

An AMD rep tweeting an article that praises their new gpu... Do I even have to justify the stupidity of that?

What benchmark was the 5.6 Teraflop rating achieved on (I would assume linpack, but I have yet to see a third party test it)? Second it bases the "Worlds Most Powerful Computer Chip" on SOLELY the FLOP rating which is only one way of measuring a processors performance as it only looks at it's floating point performance.

The article ignores the nvidia tesla entirely which has higher performance than the 780ti. So they ignored the strongest nvidia has to offer as of now. And even further even in FLOP performance it did not mention the double FLOP performance(which I doubt you even know seeing as you blindly followed the article).

Oh and you want to dispute something that is not "factual" :

"Next we have nVidias GTX 780 Ti. This $700 beast outputs around 5.04 Teraflops and it’s nVidias fastest chip."

That's wrong

Nvidia Tesla S2050 1U is Nvidias fastest chip.

But I am not disputing the facts in the article as much as I am saying it is too vague and is based on too little.

Its like basing a medical drug's performance on one study.

Please I would love to see you refute anything I just said, I even threw in something that completely is factually wrong in the article.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By IvanElk
@Xtasy26 said:

@IvanElk said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@IvanElk said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@PredatorRules said:

There I won't disagree.

You talk a lot of shit for someone who doesn't respond when I do dispute the "facts" in the article.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Xtasy26

@560ti said:

@Xtasy26 said:

Its not the fastest GPU but is the fastest chip in the world ? I'm suppose to make assumptions (assume what the blog it talking/referring to) based on a vague two sentences about the 290x ? (what type of freaking blog/resource is this ?).

Elementary school analogy makes no sense. Nvidia/AMD use different architecture so saying a number is bigger than the other makes no sense (the logic they used to determine which is the fastest is flawed). I'm hating because its not 1:1 so claiming TFlops is higher equals better/faster isn't cut and dry (this is a amateur blog so I wouldn't expect anything less).

What exactly is your obsession with this blog ? (I'm about 90% positive that this website is yours). It has no original material and, the award/articles are vague (I'm having to ASSUME on key areas because its too vague).

So basically an AMD fanboy BLOG is taking a vague term "most powerful" and trying to justify it with a once sentence statement about Tflops which is NOT 1:1...... (Why is this thread worthy ?)

Wait a minute, I asked you simple question. Dispute anything in that article? Oh wait you can't. Then I explained to you that it was an all out award for the World's Most Powerful computer chip, which you still can't dispute. Then you claim it to be "fanboy" site which is translation for "I don't like fact's so I think it's a fanboy site" even though YOU STILL can't dispute anything in that site. So, in other words you can't factually dispute anything in that site, it automatically becomes a "fanboy" site. Which is essentially a behavior of two year old. I don't like something I am going to cry over it.

Secondly, it was on the basis of flops. So, if someone claims that so and so is the World's Most Powerful Supercomputer you are going to argue that so and so site is a "fanboy" of that country or tech that has the said supercomputer. And who was arguing that's not a 1:1 architecture,from nVidia and AMD except you. It's an all out award for which is the most powerful computer chip.

So, tell me, you do realize that to calculate World's Most Powerful Supercomputer" they use petaflops. Those Supercomputers all use different architecture and tech, some uses Tesla tech some don't for example. Doesn't that mean they can't be included included to calculate which one is "World's Most Powerful Supercomputer" because they use different architecture? Yes or No.

@IvanElk said:
@Xtasy26 said:

@IvanElk said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@IvanElk said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@PredatorRules said:

There I won't disagree.

You talk a lot of shit for someone who doesn't respond when I do dispute the "facts" in the article.

@IvanElk said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@IvanElk said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@IvanElk said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@PredatorRules said:

There I won't disagree.

I never said it was an achievment, it was award donned by a website with 0 creditibility.

And all the awards I made are all based on facts therefore they are as credible as this website.

An AMD rep tweeting an article that praises their new gpu... Do I even have to justify the stupidity of that?

What benchmark was the 5.6 Teraflop rating achieved on (I would assume linpack, but I have yet to see a third party test it)? Second it bases the "Worlds Most Powerful Computer Chip" on SOLELY the FLOP rating which is only one way of measuring a processors performance as it only looks at it's floating point performance.

The article ignores the nvidia tesla entirely which has higher performance than the 780ti. So they ignored the strongest nvidia has to offer as of now. And even further even in FLOP performance it did not mention the double FLOP performance(which I doubt you even know seeing as you blindly followed the article).

"Next we have nVidias GTX 780 Ti. This $700 beast outputs around 5.04 Teraflops and it’s nVidias fastest chip."

That's wrong

But I am not disputing the facts in the article as much as I am saying it is too vague and is based on too little.

Please I would love to see you refute anything I just said, I even threw in something that completely is factually wrong in the article.

Are you an idiot or imbecile? Or both? The article specifically states it's for the "consumer" market. Reading comprehension "fail". Why do you think when intel cancelled their Larrabee Gaming GPU the stated that they will not release a GPU for the "consumer" market but will instead use it for future supercomputing market. (face palm)

As for where did they get their numbers? That proves that you are even more clueless about PC hardware for yes the "consumer" market. Their other handful other sites that you can find that states the computational power of the R9 290X. Such as the one below:

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-780-Ti-3GB-Review-Full-GK110-Crashes-Hawaii

The site just pointed out what any other sites already know. LOL. I guess now you are going to claim that PCPER, anandtech, tom's hardware has 0 credibility. LMAO. It's just shows your incredible ignorance about PC lol "consumer" hardware.

As for how dare AMD using that to promote their tech. Yes, how dare they??? It's not like intel, nVidia, Asus, ASRock, Samsung, HP, Dell, Apple, Lenovo, MSI, Sapphire, XFX, OCZ, eVGA, and countless, other tech companies have never used other sources to promote their "wins". When I opened up my ASRock MB from the box, ASRock had list of sites that they had won from, some that I have never even heard of. Yes, how dare AMD do the same thing??

You epic fail at Marketing 101.

So far, what I have learned, is that you fail at know anything about "consumer" <----LOL PC hardware, has serious case of reading comprehension fail, and fail anything at marketing.

I can't just WAIT to find out any other idiot/stupid that's coming out of your mouth.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

To end the feud

GeForce GTX 780 Ti 'fastest gaming GPU in the world'

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts

OP is a joke. The article is a joke. This thread is a joke.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 IvanElk

@DevilMightCry: B...b....b...but I wanna prove him wrong. So he can see how wrong he is....

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

HAHA, mike+amd picture cracks me up.

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts

@DevilMightCry said:

I'm not even biased and even I have to agree with this quote

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

Based AMD.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Xtasy26

@IvanElk said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@IvanElk said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@IvanElk said:

@Xtasy26 said:

@PredatorRules said:

There I won't disagree.

That's wrong

Are you an idiot or imbecile? Or both? The article specifically states it's for the "consumer" market. Reading comprehension "fail". Why do you think when intel cancelled their Larrabee Gaming GPU the stated that they will not release a GPU for the "consumer" market but will instead use it for future supercomputing market. (face palm)

As for where did they get their numbers? That proves that you are even more clueless about PC hardware for yes the "consumer" market. Their other handful other sites that you can find that states the computational power of the R9 290X. Such as the one below:

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-780-Ti-3GB-Review-Full-GK110-Crashes-Hawaii

The site just pointed out what any other sites already know. LOL. I guess now you are going to claim that PCPER, anandtech, tom's hardware has 0 credibility. LMAO. It's just shows your incredible ignorance about PC lol "consumer" hardware.

As for how dare AMD using that to promote their tech. Yes, how dare they??? It's not like intel, nVidia, Asus, ASRock, Samsung, HP, Dell, Apple, Lenovo, MSI, Sapphire, XFX, OCZ, eVGA, and countless, other tech companies have never used other sources to promote their "wins". When I opened up my ASRock MB from the box, ASRock had list of sites that they had won from, some that I have never even heard of. Yes, how dare AMD do the same thing??

You epic fail at Marketing 101.

So far, what I have learned, is that you fail at know anything about "consumer" <----LOL PC hardware, has serious case of reading comprehension fail, and fail anything at marketing.

I can't just WAIT to find out any other idiot/stupid that's coming out of your mouth.

Arguing with a fanboy is arguing with a brick wall, but just to entertain myself.

World's Most Powerful Chip.

Please go shut the **** up now, "WAAAA WAAAA its not consumer."

In fact the only place in the article that even mentions consumer is : "intel’s most powerful consumer chip" does not mention it anywhere else.

So please explain how this is only consumer chips again? Wait.... what?

Oh and an even more quality article to make me believe this website is even more fanboy bullshit.

http://1080ponly.wix.com/fullhd1080p#!the-amd-advangtage/cbhh

I really hope whoever created this website falls into a pit and burns. Like COME on. Could they please be less biased. I bet if AMD made an SSD it would win the BEST SSD IN THE WORLD award.

Look have pride over your favorite company... okay. But to try and support them with less than stable sources. (By less than stable I mean supporting a metric ton with some tooth picks, gum drops, hopes, and dreams.... lots of those)

For someone who is accusing other to be a "fanboy" your doing exactly the same thing by telling people to "shut the F*** up and people to fall.

"into a pit of hell and burn". Secondly, it states that it's referring to consumer chips not professional. So, in other words they have use the word "consumer" in every sentence to make it valid that they were referring to consumer chip when it clear that they are referring to "consumer" chips. That's just plain stupid. Just because your too stupid to realize that they are referring to consumer chips doesn't mean everyone else is that stupid. If they weren't referring to consumer chips then they could have easily brought in professional chips from AMD or nVidia. That's just simple common sense.

I am just pointing out thing called "facts". Just because you get butt hurt over it doesn't mean everyone else is.

You even made a bigger "idiot" of yourself when proclaiming how DARE AMD use that article to promote their products. Which proves that you are CLUELESS about marketing. Yes..how dare AMD do it??

BTW, I am still waiting for you to disprove anything in that article?

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Xtasy26

@04dcarraher said:

To end the feud

GeForce GTX 780 Ti 'fastest gaming GPU in the world'

I don't think no one is disputing that. Although the R9 290X does match the 780 Ti in some benchmarks or even beats. The title is for most "Powerful Chip" and based on computational power it's a know FACT that the R9 290X has more computational power.

@DevilMightCry said:

Disprove anything in that article.

@mastershake575 said:

@DevilMightCry said:

I'm not even biased and even I have to agree with this quote

Disprove anything in that article.

@Bikouchu35 said:

HAHA, mike+amd picture cracks me up.

I will admit. That is creative.;)