AMD HD 7990 Cooling

#1 Posted by echothesilent (29 posts) -

I've been trying to find a good cooling solution for my hd 7990. I've seen heatsinks and prefab liquid systems that fit other cards, but nothing that will fit this one. I have never run liquid cooling before so I would prefer not to build a system myself. Is there a pre built option that I'm not finding?

#2 Edited by PredatorRules (7807 posts) -

It's a dual GPU card, did you expect it to not get hot? try to get good cooling for your case, that's all.

#3 Posted by echothesilent (29 posts) -

I absolutely expected it to get hot, this is not a surprise to me. I'm using a Cooler Master HAF X case, so it has fans and ventilation galore. I was just trying to see if I had other options. I'd like to learn how to WC eventually anyway, just didn't want to risk such an expensive build to learn on.

#4 Posted by PredatorRules (7807 posts) -

I absolutely expected it to get hot, this is not a surprise to me. I'm using a Cooler Master HAF X case, so it has fans and ventilation galore. I was just trying to see if I had other options. I'd like to learn how to WC eventually anyway, just didn't want to risk such an expensive build to learn on.

The only way is custom water cooling.

#5 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10608 posts) -

I have a 7990 (and a 7970) and have it running on custom loop I did.

Was my first time doing a full water cooling system too. It wasn't too bad.

#6 Posted by Postmortem123 (7670 posts) -

Custom loop is your only option.

#7 Posted by Horgen (110079 posts) -

The temperature must have dropped like a rock when you did.

#8 Posted by Alienware_fan (1514 posts) -

Im getting almost the same amount of fps with a single oced 290x than I did with three 7970s in most games, and feels way smoother.