Really confused about a monitor upgrade.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

My current monitor is a 22" 16x10 Dell IPS and its dying. So now that I am forced into buying a new one I'll want to get something bigger. One thing to note is that I absolutely only want a 1080p display nothing higher than that. I am NOT fussy about pixel density and my setup allows a lot of versatility in terms of distance from the screen.

The most obvious option is to buy a 23" IPS LCD but that just sounds boring since its hardly an upgrade. So I looked into 27" IPS LCDs and what I have found curious is that their price is almost the same as 32" 1080p HDTVs. Now I know TVs have their drawbacks but so do the IPS monitors with their lackluster contrast and corner glow. 32" is just so much bigger than 27" and honestly I have used a 32" 1080p TV with a PC and I find the pixel density just fine at the right distance.

So here are my options,

ASUS 27" IPS

Samsung 27" PLS

Samsung series 5 32" 1080p TV

So which option would you guys recommend if we take price out of the equation? There is not a terribly big difference between all the options anyways. I am not looking to buy a Dell monitor since they are not available in warranty and I'll like to get something with warranty this time. Even though my monitor is now in its 5th year but minor problems had started long time ago if I had warranty on this I might have been saved from outright replacing it. And obviously it has little to no resale value now.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

This http://pcpartpicker.com/part/lg-monitor-27mp33hq

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Have you considered 144hz monitors?

Acer GN246HL | ASUS VG248QE

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#4 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts
@insane_metalist said:

Have you considered 144hz monitors?

Acer GN246HL | ASUS VG248QE

They are too pricey for their size and TN panels so not interested.

@PredatorRules said:

This http://pcpartpicker.com/part/lg-monitor-27mp33hq

Not available in my country it seems.