sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sethman410
Member since 2008 • 2967 Posts

Hi. Help me find the right parts for my friend. I know how to build a PC, I just need help finding parts. He is willing to spend 700-800 This will, however, include 2 monitors in this budget (one nice main monitor and a cheap one for internet browsing while he plays games using his main monitor.) Also, he is starting fresh on this so he will need every part.

I have one interesting question about this though. How should we get windows 10? It seems like the only way to install windows 10 is via the internet but how do we access to the internet and download it from there when we don't have a OS to begin with!? And another thing I hate about "how to install windows 10" guides is that nearly every one of those guides act like we already have some windows version....

EDIT: It seems like I will need to use a media creation tool on the official website and install it from a USB drive. This is the way to go?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@klunt_bumskrint ot @PredatorRules can you guys move this to hardware?

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

@GTR12: Done

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

WTF... I had a whole three paragraph post, posted it and it never showed up. Well I'll write back some shit tomorrow and edit this one back into something that's fucking helpfull. Since this forum obviously doesn't want me to give you any advice.

Like who the hell did they hire as CODERS? The site performance in every aspect is worse then a year ago when I joined. Often shit's just downright broken now a days. Like how can someone literally go through everything on the forum that functions change it, to a worse state or non functioning state and still have a god damn job?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@ribstaylor1: Did you see Microsoft employees get fired after the releasing Windows at it's original state? or perhaps game developers who patch a game and make even more problems? :P

Things happen, I never had the problem that you've described though.

@sethman410 How much gaming do you intend to do with it? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7BN3Jx this is my build with everything at minimum that you'll need, I could lower the CPU but it won't bring down the price much, for about 60$.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ribstaylor1

@PredatorRules said:

@ribstaylor1: Did you see Microsoft employees get fired after the releasing Windows at it's original state? or perhaps game developers who patch a game and make even more problems? :P

Things happen, I never had the problem that you've described though.

@sethman410 How much gaming do you intend to do with it? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7BN3Jx this is my build with everything at minimum that you'll need, I could lower the CPU but it won't bring down the price much, for about 60$.

I can't post hyper links, and haven't for a long time. I also can't post anything imbedded like a photo or video. Or use almost any of the functions above the typing box. And I'm good with computer's yet non of this stuff works for me, and hasn't since they decided to go through it all and recode it.

Having my post not show up is literally the first time that's happened but things on this forum seem to go from broke to working, then back to broke the next day with zero reason. Way she goes I guess.

K too helping out now.

So depending on what kinds of games he wishes to play the computers parts can vary drastically. If it's just Mobo's or counter strike I can make it cheaper and get a better screen. And I say screen because if he's wanting to build a computer that can play medium(NO Nvidia settings)/high/ultra at 1080p he's going to need to spend 600-800 on the computer alone.

Take into consideration a nice screen starts at around $400 and "Nice" is kind of pushing it when $400 is essentially just outside of entry level pricing and quality when it comes to screens. It's better then cheap junk but it's still not that great when it's 1080p and 4k and 5k 120hrtz screens are available. My 1440p screen was almost $700 a couple of years ago ( Might even have been more, though I know pricing for high res has dropped considerably since then, it's still expensive though).

Here's my builds, one with two screens and one with a single one. Note I tried to keep all parts from Amazon or Newegg to make purchasing it a hell of a lot easier. The Top single screen build is the better of the two, housing a better GPU, the second is still not bad but houses an entry level card (A top of the line one but entry level non the less).

Single Screen build coming out at $808 : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Q4Vs7P (Lower in CPU ability compared to Predator rules build but Considerably better in the GPU department as shown here: http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R7-370-vs-GeForce-GTX-750-Ti also has keyboard and mouse something missing from his.)

Duel screen build coming out at $847: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wMYV8d (Still lower CPU then PredatorRules build but this one also includes keyboard and mouse, also dropped the GPU too a top of the line 750ti, as the next down in AMD cards from the 370 isn't as good as the 750ti)

Also if you decide to choose either of these builds, DON'T WAIT!!!!!! As the pricing of these two builds will vary drastically due to the sales (And some awesome ones at that). Hope this helps, out and good luck with your build.

sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sethman410
Member since 2008 • 2967 Posts

Ok he wants an Intel build. He wants to play games like arma 3. I think he wants to be able to play it at decent settings at least, it doesn't have to be maxed out. He does need like everything, so that includes mouse, keyboard, and monitor. Not sure if he wants an optical drive but those are dirt cheap so hell why not? Besides, it will be easier to install windows 7 or 8 anyway.

Edit: And guys, I said just one nice main monitor mainly used for gaming, and just a very dirt cheap one for like 60-80 bucks or something that will be used for internet browsing or anything else.

Anyways, thanks for helping me so far, it is giving me ideas of what to look for. Thank you.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ribstaylor1

@sethman410: Why an intel build? At the under $900 price range there is zero reason to go intel as they cost a premium price. An FX 8350 will do just fine with zero issues, and will cost at the least $40 dollars less then an I5 alternative. Don't forget DX12 if he wishes to do windows 10 will give the FX 8350 a decent boost in ability (For DX12 games which arma plans to support) since it's going to make multi core processing a hell of a lot better then what it is now.

Also the build your doing is essentially a budget Gaming rig. And if your going to play arma 3 with this then you literally can not afford a good screen. Like I said in my last post anything under $400 is generally considered not a good screen, and if Arma 3 is the game he is really wanting to play I wouldn't be willing to use any of the builds that house a 750ti (Which leaves my single screen setup that all ready houses a shit screen) as he'll be running the game on some of the lowest settings possible, and bellow 1080p resolutions more along the lines of 769p

Your friend is thinking he's going to get a lot more for his money then what is actually possible. He needs to rethink this idea of a "Nice screen" and a cheaper one to go along with it as it isn't possible on his budget. Especially if he wants to use a Intel I5 (Don't even bother with i3's if arma is what your after).

Hell most builds that people say play arma 3 at any half decent settings(not even high or ultra for a lot of them) that were under $900 didn't even include the price of 1 monitor or the keyboards and mouse. It's just not possible, since arma 3 is a system killer when it comes to performance.

My i7 3770k, 16gbram and gtx7704gb while running that game, literally can't do high settings with the sliders even at 85% without occasionally dipping to 28fps. And that's at 1080p, when my system is fully capable of playing most games at ultra 1440p settings.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ribstaylor1

Edited my last post

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GeryGo  Moderator

@sethman410 said:

Ok he wants an Intel build. He wants to play games like arma 3. I think he wants to be able to play it at decent settings at least, it doesn't have to be maxed out. He does need like everything, so that includes mouse, keyboard, and monitor. Not sure if he wants an optical drive but those are dirt cheap so hell why not? Besides, it will be easier to install windows 7 or 8 anyway.

Edit: And guys, I said just one nice main monitor mainly used for gaming, and just a very dirt cheap one for like 60-80 bucks or something that will be used for internet browsing or anything else.

Anyways, thanks for helping me so far, it is giving me ideas of what to look for. Thank you.

Arma 3 is a resourse hog so don't expect anything less than Intel i5 on that build, About the monitors - it's the cheapest you can get from a quality brand unless you want something even smaller than 23'.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yt4Rt6 I've added a mouse and a keyboard

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ribstaylor1

@PredatorRules: the 8350 should do just fine, ya it's no i5 but for the amount they want to spend I personally don't see how it's worth the price.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GeryGo  Moderator

@ribstaylor1 said:

@PredatorRules: the 8350 should do just fine, ya it's no i5 but for the amount they want to spend I personally don't see how it's worth the price.

Wouldn't recommend AMD CPUs at all, if you want something at the same price and performance go with i3.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@PredatorRules said:
@ribstaylor1 said:

Wouldn't recommend AMD CPUs at all, if you want something at the same price and performance go with i3.

O heck no...... I would pick an FX 8350 over an i3 any time, Most games nowadays do make use of eight threads and with upcoming DX12 and its high level code version aka DX11.3 , The 8350 will walk all over that i3. Prime example is Witcher 3(dont look at techspot's cpu bench) its just the getting to the Griffin attacking the villager and it fly's away,

Witcher 3 CPU benchmark including a tour of Novigrad City on horseback

Min/MAX

FX 8350 – 56.0/75.2

Core i5 4690K – 52.0/79.2

Core i3 4130 – 38.0/68.9

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@ribstaylor1 said:

I can't post hyper links, and haven't for a long time.

I can.

http://www.newegg.com/Computer-Hardware/Store

The question is how come you can't.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GeryGo  Moderator

@04dcarraher said:
@PredatorRules said:
@ribstaylor1 said:

O heck no...... I would pick an FX 8350 over an i3 any time, Most games nowadays do make use of eight threads and with upcoming DX12 and its high level code version aka DX11.3 , The 8350 will walk all over that i3. Prime example is Witcher 3(dont look at techspot's cpu bench) its just the getting to the Griffin attacking the villager and it fly's away,

Witcher 3 CPU benchmark including a tour of Novigrad City on horseback

Min/MAX

FX 8350 – 56.0/75.2

Core i5 4690K – 52.0/79.2

Core i3 4130 – 38.0/68.9

I prefer a cooler CPU with lower PSU usage