Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10449 Posts

throughout the years there's been some brilliant moments across all kind of tv shows from drama to comedy to sci-fi to documentaries and everything in between. here are a couple of my faves.

i'll start with an obvious one. walter white's "say my name" scene from breaking bad.

one of my faves from the wire is season 1's "you come at the king, you best not miss" scene.

it's from one of the great tv characters of all time, omar little, played by the late great michael k williams, the notorious bogeyman anti-gangster who makes his living robbing drug dealers and hauntingly whistles elmer fudd's a hunting we will go whenever he's coming for you. if you hear it, run.

so, what are some of your favourite tv moments from over the years?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Macutchi

a couple of ones from comedies.

jim impersonates dwight from the us office.

Loading Video...

niles' doppelganger from frasier

Loading Video...

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8773 Posts

@Macutchi said:

throughout the years there's been some brilliant moments across all kind of tv shows from drama to comedy to sci-fi to documentaries and everything in between. here are a couple of my faves.

i'll start with an obvious one. walter white's "say my name" scene from breaking bad.

Loading Video...

Yeah, there are a lot of great scenes from Breaking Bad. My favorites being the Salamanca Twins parking lot scene. The nursing home explosion scene. And near the end of the series where: Jesse speeds away

Loading Video...

There are a lot of great scenes from Star Trek: The Next Generation:

Loading Video...

and

Loading Video...

The ending scene of the pilot episodes of the original Star Trek was pretty epic for me too.

Loading Video...

My last choice doesn't really count as a scene, it's the opening to the 80's D&D cartoon.

Loading Video...

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Macutchi

@DEVILinIRON: i used to love dungeons and dragons! real blast from the past, haven't seen it since i was a kid.

game of thrones - the end of the mountain vs the viper duel. poor pascal :(

Loading Video...

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 509 Posts

Easily marty and Rust from true defective season 1. This one is the best though. Rust is an amazing character.

https://youtu.be/A8x73UW8Hjk?si=CUOWCM1FDF9rTEsu

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58992 Posts

Oh, watch lotta shit.

Two overall fav shows of all time are DS9 and DBZ.

People tend to point to the Super Saiyan type stuff in DBZ as their moment, and it's a pop culture thing done to death, but these are my fav moments. And specifically the English dub.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

This was pre-binge days so you basically watched a blow up in 5 minute (2 hours 40 min+) fight where a demigod who is playing with food eventually gets whittled down to him walking away and leaving Freeza with PTSD. And it's completely in line with the character. Freiza inadvertently creates the SS and with every-bred crum given cannot get over himself.

If kid as well hadn't really watched anything like this before. Everything else was comedy shows. And when got action shows it was typical sell-toys nonsense.

In my brain that's kinda where the show finished before the kabillion rainbowcolored, god ki bla bla bla stuff we are in now.

DS9 strength the others shows lacked with the ability to make any character, no matter how minor interesting and integral.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

If this was TNG, it would be the utopian libs looking down on other races, Picard with a big wrap up speech like he's space Jesus against the more savage less enlightened folk. DS9 tended to make everyone, even the villains have depth and a viewpoint to them.

Both Nog and Damar start off as basically background guest characters. Same with Garak.

Damar himself starts off as a villain with the Cardassians themselves a villain. When get to the tail end of the show, they are in Bajors position.

DS9 ain't perfect or anything, has the odd shit episode, and the JRPG cave fighting ending is meh. But overall, esp when you compare it to the garbage Nutrek stuff designed for mouth dribbles, awesome show.

Other stuff as well like Clone Wars final, but already said that in another similar thread so won't rehash same old same old.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8233 Posts
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14805 Posts
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58328 Posts

There's so many to pick from Arrested Development, but the whole Blue Man Group arc for Tobias is just gold.

The specific line "I guess I just blue myself" had me rolling on the floor.

Loading Video...

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Macutchi

@uninspiredcup: only ever caught bits of ds9 here and there, sounds like i missed out. was a next generation kid growing up.

@sargentd: i say i say i say! used to love foghorn leghorn and all the old looney tunes cartoons growing up. cant find them anywhere now on uk tv. would love to watch all the old bugs bunny, daffy duck, yosemite sam, roadrunner etc. with my little nephews, they're missing out on classic kids comedy. used to have a load on vhs when i was young.

@SOedipus: love dexter. just recently rewatched the original and new blood. the trinity killer season is brilliant.

@mrbojangles25: arrested development s1-2 are up there with my favourite comedies of all time. so cleverly written. not a single bad character.

south park has so many too

Loading Video...
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23034 Posts

@Macutchi: The guy looking out from behind the camera in that South Park clio is exactly what my wife does whenever I try watching Blazing Saddles...

.... Followed by me trying in vain to explain that the movie is ridiculing racists.

Trying to pick a favorite of mine is probably futile, but this moment lives in my head rent free.

Loading Video...

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Macutchi

@mattbbpl: haha love it, not seen that before.

used to like the first few seasons of scrubs. being set in a hospital you expect it to touch upon a lot of tough subjects but this "where do you think we are" season finale with brendan frasier hit hard, still does

Loading Video...
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23034 Posts

@Macutchi: I absolutely love (most of) Scrubs. I don't even hold the bad later seasons against it, the sour only makes the sweet all the sweeter.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8233 Posts
Loading Video...

Cartman seeing Costa Rica for first time is gold

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Macutchi

peaky blinders "no f*ckin fighting" scene

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@Macutchi: Need to get back into that, got up until the point Jurassic Park guy died.

Everyone acts like this is normal for about 1/3 of S2. He never speaks English.

Loading Video...
Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Macutchi

@uninspiredcup: lol no way never even heard of that show. ill look it up

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Macutchi

oh yeah

Loading Video...

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts
Loading Video...

its long but the dr who scene where he kills himself over and over again for billions of years to slowly punch though a diamond wall. love when he realizes what he needs to do to actually get out and what it's going to take and the montage at the end how his bird story is slowly revealed as he gets further through the wall. the music throughout is great as well. quality stinks but it was only longer clip i could find.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@comp_atkins: Yes, this is the best episode of Doctor Who episode imo.

The thing that made it even more impactful at the time was people expecting some bottle episode filler prior to the final. Which this made absolutely moot by how good it was.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 uninspiredcup  Online

@Macutchi said:

oh yeah

Loading Video...

Live action wise, prob fav scene from the TV shows. But the immediately ruin it all in the next 2 episodes by making Thrawn dumb as shit and the Stormtroopers useless. Also done a good job of showing the scale of a "single" ship through perspective as stuff like Sequels just went out of control with scale.

Loading Video...

Very weird show Ahsoka, first 2 episodes meh, last 2 episodes bad. But 3-6 like, with 6 fav episode.

Overall of the modern Disney era stuff think Tales Of The Jedi is the only real universally solid show. About the only thing looking forward to.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Macutchi

@uninspiredcup: yeah that's a great scene, beginning part bit goosebumpy. forgot about the rise of skywalker's scale when the "cavalry" turn up lol. but yeah tales of the jedi is probably the best thing disney have done with the franchise. loved it.

i know it's not your thing but, if you find yourself struggling to find something to watch, try loki s2. it's not the quickest out the traps but it gets good, fast and builds to a genuinely brilliant ending. honestly, really worth a watch. be interested in your take if you can be arsed.

i'll add this from succession s1 finale, one of my favourite episodes of tv ever.

so much edge of the seat stuff happens, but the most crazy bit for me was roman, youngest son of multimedia mogul logan roy, overseeing a huge rocket launch in japan and using his seniority and billionaire power to force them to launch on his sister's wedding night, despite the whole company's warnings and protests about prematurity and gigantic safety risks.

genuinely shocked me, not just what happened, but the almost nonchalant, dispassionate way he handles it, a way only the super rich who know they've got far too much money to ever be held accountable and punished for something of that magnitude could act. crazy scene

Loading Video...
Avatar image for lastreaction321
lastreaction321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lastreaction321
Member since 2024 • 2 Posts
@Macutchi said:

Loading Video...

one of my faves from the wire is season 1's "you come at the king, you best not miss" scene.

it's from one of the great tv characters of all time, omar little, played by the late great michael k williams, the notorious bogeyman anti-gangster who makes his living robbing drug dealers and hauntingly whistles elmer fudd's a hunting we will go whenever he's coming for you. if you hear it, run.

Loading Video...

What were the days I used to watch breaking bad with my friends. We used to plan our weekend and we had our favorite meals together at every weekend.

Talking about my favorite scene It was when waltor said I am the Danger! And when he goes to meet gustavo in his restaurant for the first time and gustavo said you should leave jessay pinkman

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

This is Twitch now.

Loading Video...

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Macutchi

because im watcin griselda and seeing how a crack pipe bitch makes her decisions, this is how the king operates

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 uninspiredcup  Online
Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 uninspiredcup  Online

@comp_atkins said:
Loading Video...

its long but the dr who scene where he kills himself over and over again for billions of years to slowly punch though a diamond wall. love when he realizes what he needs to do to actually get out and what it's going to take and the montage at the end how his bird story is slowly revealed as he gets further through the wall. the music throughout is great as well. quality stinks but it was only longer clip i could find.

They've kind of overdone the "old doctors" to death at this point waving them on screen like action figures, had to wheel them all out as bait for the Jodie Whittaker run but this scene always liked. Anniversary movie more or less, but ends on a note about the future creating mystery without explicitly spelling it out and leaving it to the imagination. Even if you're some kid who grew up watching the new stuff only with no attachment to Tom Baker, instantly his charm and eccentricity become apparent.

Loading Video...

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By comp_atkins

@uninspiredcup: haven't made it very far through the whittaker episodes yet. maybe watched 1 or 2, can't recall. need to try to catch back up

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

19-2 is a police drama from Quebec (and then later remade in English). One episode starts with a hauntingly realistic and tense scene of a school shooting. The scene is shot in a long uninterrupted sequence. The video below is a comparison between the original French version and the English remake.

Loading Video...

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Macutchi

rewatching the wire for the third time and it is still the toppest of top tier tv. timeless. this is from the last season, s5 e2.

marlo stanfield. young, ice cold, ruthless. leads a gang of absolute killers. rules the streets. rocks up at prison expecting to meet a russian, one of the main guys of a huge smuggling operation bringing pure product into baltimore from the docks.

and then... surprise!

in walks avon barksdale, kingpin og from the first three seasons. not seen for a full season. the big dawg with marlo the little pup. and the genius of the wire is always in the subtle details, as marlo first walks into the visiting room the guard tells him "number 2" as in booth 2, but implicitly meaning always second to avon. brilliant

Loading Video...

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By comp_atkins
Loading Video...

newly added to the list. can't find a good version of the actual scene due to copyrights. ending scene of s3e49 of bluey when they learn their home buyers backed out and bandit decides he's not going to take a new job and move his family away. the music and the transition from sadness to elation when chilli tackles bandit is awesome. the video doesn't really do it justice. the whole episode is fantastic w/ the butterfly effect of random things leading up to the ending, the many small callbacks to previous episodes etc...

it's a freaking kids show but damn it is phenomenal. watched pretty much every episode with my daughters.

another gem is the sleepytime episode where bingo wants to stay in her own bed

Loading Video...