Your definition of "Teenager" !

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

This "teenager" tag is widely used and i'm getting sick of it seriously why ppl have this tendency to make every thing about being a teenager? u know for instance they don't like a specific show or a singer and they be like " no that's for dumbass teenagers! " I'm 21 and have passed this being-stupid period of life and lately i've been called "teenager" for listening to Linkin Park! .....and it comes to me as a frustrating and pathetic reaction that sometimes u get from ppl ...anyway i thought that it might be good to have a little bit of a discussion here ...

"Teenager" comes to my mind whenever i get impulsive and repulsive reaction , whenever i feel like the person is too shallow, immature and rude...

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

A teenager is someone whose age is represented by a word that ends with the suffix, "teen," as in "sixteen." /thread

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

Well it depends whether you listen to LP past Minutes to Midnight or the old stuff. If it is the new stuff, those people are 100% correct...

And you really are not far out of your teen years so it really is not that big of a deal. And I never heard of being a "teenager" as an insult. Man I wish I still was one... Maybe I could of tried harder in school

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#5  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

If someone is of age between 13-19, (s)he's a teenager...otherwise if they behave as such and are over 19 they're just an annoying asshole XD

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@mjorh said:

This "teenager" tag is widely used and i'm getting sick of it seriously why ppl have this tendency to make every thing about being a teenager? u know for instance they don't like a specific show or a singer and they be like " no that's for dumbass teenagers! " I'm 21 and have passed this being-stupid period of life and lately i've been called "teenager" for listening to Linkin Park! .....and it comes to me as a frustrating and pathetic reaction that sometimes u get from ppl ...anyway i thought that it might be good to have a little bit of a discussion here ...

"Teenager" comes to my mind whenever i get impulsive and repulsive reaction , whenever i feel like the person is too shallow, immature and rude...

teenagers are kids in big bodies It's a time of growing up and trying to find out what life is about .You should have something of a clue when you get past 19.

Listining to linkin park has nothing to do with it. 21 may be mature enough to know what's right and wrong when it comes to the big issues but your brain only completes at 25.

So let me give you some piece of advice, whenever somebody says something to mock you , hurt your feelings or just having it joke

let it go, it's not worth it. Other people may define you in a way but in the end it's between your ears.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#7  Edited By Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

Well for starters u is spelled you. Only teenagers have that problem. Unless you have an unhealthy obsession with the letter u then I suggest we need to accomplish this soon as possible: intervention.

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

13-19 and 113-119 year olds

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@thegerg said:

Someone who is of the ages from 13-19.

This. If your age ends in "-teen", you're a teenager.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Ariabad

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

@korvus said:

If someone is of age between 13-19, (s)he's a teenager...otherwise if they behave as such and are over 19 they're just an annoying asshole XD

And to the OP, listen to whatever you want. People who try and call you out for liking Linkin Park are goofballs themselves.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Someone who is under 20 but older than 13.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

@airshocker said:

You mean someone who is under 20 but is 13 or older. "Older than 13" excludes 13 itself, which is within the range of teenage years.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@BluRayHiDef said:

@airshocker said:

You mean someone who is under 20 but is 13 or older. "Older than 13" excludes 13 itself, which is within the range of teenage years.

No, it doesn't. Only someone looking to be a douche bag would think that. Saying older than 13 doesn't exclude 13 unless I actually say it does. So while it wasn't the most exact statement, it's not incorrect.

If you're going to try and argue grammar with me, actually be correct when you do so. Or, better yet, get over the fact that I criticized your videos and learn from it.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gamerguru100

@BluRayHiDef said:

@airshocker said:

You just pulled a gerg on airshocker. I hope your anus is ready.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gamerguru100

Whoops. Too late. Sorry, Blu Ray. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@gamerguru100 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@airshocker said:

He's just upset I didn't like his videos. Why he's acting like a little girl about it, though, is beyond me.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

@airshocker said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@airshocker said:

No, it doesn't. Only someone looking to be a douche bag would think that. Saying older than 13 doesn't exclude 13 unless I actually say it does. So while it wasn't the most exact statement, it's not incorrect.

If you're going to try and argue grammar with me, actually be correct when you do so. Or, better yet, get over the fact that I criticized your videos and learn from it.

He's right though, doesn't matter if you didn't say it does or not.

Mathematically, you are wrong. Greater than, less than, greater than or equal to, less than or equal to ... each has different meanings and functions in logic.

Older than 13 implies >13, not >=13.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamerguru100

@airshocker said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@airshocker said:

He's just upset I didn't like his videos. Why he's acting like a little girl about it, though, is beyond me.

Maybe a lack of tolerance to criticism. I'm kinda like that sometimes, except I don't have YouTube videos to criticize because I'm too poor to get a camera. :(

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

A 13-19 year old.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

@GazaAli said:

Ariabad

This

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Someone between 13-19 years old.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@mjorh:

your hormone is changing because u are getting old and grumpy ... and think that u are better than the rest ... lol ..... and going to mid-life crysis phase ...

I'm 40 years old and would like to reclaim my lost teenage life ... lol

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

Who cares what you listen to? I listened to LP as a teenager, I still listen to it now. Doesn't mean I'm still a teenager, just like the fact that I still listen to Marilyn Manson doesn't make me 'still' a mallgoth. Some of my taste in music has changed, some things I still genuinely love, and some things are nostalgia more than anything.

I watch cartoons almost every day, and I watched iCarly until the last episode. Stupid and cheesy? Maybe. But it's not anyone else's business what you watch or listen to, so pay no mind. Most of the time people make comments like that when they're embarrassed about liking something in the past, and use the "you're a child for listening to that" kind of comments to distance their present selves from whatever it was.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@indzman said:

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

When you get old you just call them kids. Stupid kids and their hipster Linkin Park.

Just jking TC.

Music is subjective though. What sounds good to you if what you generally like. Music used to be not so much thrown into age groups like it is now.

I blame the pop trend.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mjorh

I know a person between 13-19 is a teenager! I actually meant the "behavior" of a teenager ....and yes i don't give a shit to what ppl think of me ...

@hippiesanta said:

@mjorh:

your hormone is changing because u are getting old and grumpy ... and think that u are better than the rest ... lol ..... and going to mid-life crysis phase ...

I'm 40 years old and would like to reclaim my lost teenage life ... lol

Thanks for the honesty :D I know being a teenager is great as you're dumb n you don't know how exasperating the world actually is , by this topic i was trying to focus on the behaviors and stuff...

@Wilfred_Owen What?! "u" or "You" ...man what difference does that make!

@evildead6789 Thanks for the advise , yeah i can recall passing 19 and being more aware n stuff....."Brain completes at 25" why 25 ? i mean u say this by experience or there's some sorta knowledge behind it?

@indzman You've mastered the definition of "teenager" :D

@bowchicka07 :D , yeah you have that mentality of being "right" all the time !

@XilePrincess 100% confirmed !

@fueled-system I actually listen to all of'em , Meteora mostly . Why? why u think that listening to new ones makes a person teenager ? this doesn't make sense that whenever u listen to love-related stuff so yes you're a teenager ! i don't mind being a teenager as i said , but it's changed to an insult ....

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@BranKetra said:

@indzman said:

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Only kids hate being treated like their age would dictate. You inherently hurt your case just by bringing it up TC.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mjorh

@lamprey263 said:

Only kids hate being treated like their age would dictate. You inherently hurt your case just by bringing it up TC.

You got me wrong , actually i should've been more accurate, i didn't say that i'm bothered of being called a teenager or sth, which tbh it happens so rare , i was just pointing out that why ppl have the tendency of using phrases like " a teenager ....a 5 years old ...." which i see in a lotta topics and discussions , why they kinda relate everything toward that ...this was my point ! and yeah i'm sick of seeing these kinda phrases which mostly are utterly irrelevant....

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@BluRayHiDef said:T

A teenager is someone whose age is represented by a word that ends with the suffix, "teen," as in "sixteen." /thread

This. Yes!

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

lol at listening to linkin park. step yo music game up son.

Rhocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rhocky
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

@mjorh:

"I'm 21 and have passed this being-stupid period of life..." Okay, I'm going to stop you there. 21 is college age, at which point most kids* are either firmly entrenched in their being-stupid periods of life or else are exploring entirely new ways in which to be stupid. Just enjoy it. That's what college is for; learning how to be stupid, better.

"...listening to Linkin Park!"

"...u get from ppl..."

Oh, buddy, you are not helping your case here.

*If you take issue with my calling you a kid, consider the following:

Google search for "college kids": About 8,370,000 results

Google search for "college adults": About 29,700 results

You aren't a teen, but you are still a kid. Now get off my lawn and quit playing that boy band trash.