Your area of expertise?

• 184 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

A thread where I was talking with Tofu-Lion had me thinking,what subjects do you know well? Me its Pyschology and the Occult. I think with Xaos its Physics. With Film Guy or Sammy Jennkins its film. LJS its etymology and debate for the sake. The metal people like darth and nimatoad music.

That covers fair ground,OT is a melting point(yes I meant point not pot). But what is your area. The one where you really do know. What area of thought or knowledge or expertise is yours?

Tell me my friends.

(apolgies If I am wrong or anyone feels misrepresented.)

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm fairly knowledgeable in baseball I guess. I follow the game, know what most stats mean, read up on minor league players, etc. I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I could probably carry an intelligent discussion with a real baseball expert.

As for an academic field, I guess I'm most educated in Theatre or English. Again, not an expert though. I don't want to put myself into a hole and then come out looking like an idiot :lol:

Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Ace_WondersX
Member since 2003 • 4455 Posts

I guess hip-hop music and computer science. Also sports like American football and basketball, with a little bit of knowledge of baseball.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mattykovax
I am mostly looking acedemic. Yoko I know football like you would not believe.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
I'm a jack of all trades but a master of law.
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
I have a decent knowledge of psychology, photography and art :)
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mattykovax
I'm a jack of all trades but a master of law.Vandalvideo
Thats cool. which side,defense or prosecution?
Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
Competitive robotics.
ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts

History and Metal.

vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts

I'm ace in Laboratory Science and Lab safety. I'm also smart in annoying the hell out of people. But I don't do it much anymore. Got to grow up sometime.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I am mostly looking acedemic. Yoko I know football like you would not believe.mattykovax

Yeah, that's why I added some academic things as well.

I'm also deeply interested in physical anthropology. It was probably the most interesting course I ever took at college. I actually learned a lot. I couldn't reiterate word-for-word what I actually learned, but I did save all the Power Point slides, and I usually read over them when I'm bored.

Bonesdb69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bonesdb69
Member since 2005 • 335 Posts

Hip-Hop/Rap espcially when we're talking about the underground. But academically, math, it's very simple to me (slept 3-4 timesper weekin high school for math and still got a B or A each year)but I still hate it.

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

Music easily especially psychedelic/Alternative, or comics (just DC though :P)

O and cooking I suppose, since im studying to be a Chef and all...

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

IT, astronomy, English, history and wasting time.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]I'm a jack of all trades but a master of law.mattykovax

Torts, rememdies, criminal, constitutional, contracts, property, civil procedure, etc. I'm fairly competant in all of them. I just borrow whatever material I want from a relative. Law is the family business. :)
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
Linux Sports Economics Philosophy Language (English, learning Japanese)
Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ace_WondersX
Member since 2003 • 4455 Posts

I try to know a little bit about everything though, I just enjoy learning and I hate that feeling when two people are talking and you have know idea what there talking about. Like right now i'm reading up on Austrian and Keynesian Economics.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mattykovax
[QUOTE="mattykovax"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]I'm a jack of all trades but a master of law.Vandalvideo

Torts, rememdies, criminal, constitutional, contracts, property, civil procedure, etc. I'm fairly competant in all of them. I just borrow whatever material I want from a relative. Law is the family business. :)

Thats pretty cool. I wish I read/studied more myself.
Avatar image for Manly-manly-man
Manly-manly-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Manly-manly-man
Member since 2006 • 3477 Posts

Um...arguing I guess? Oh, and knives. Definitely knives, mostly the folding variety.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
Computing, built one when i was 14 and got joint 2nd best in the year on my project even though i did 90% of the work in 2 days at home and spent most of the classes helping a friend. Biology, i get good grades at school but also i can look up most topics on uni sites and understand them. My teacher told me some of the reasearch homeworks i did were better than what he wrote for the text book :lol:
thatpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thatpunk
Member since 2004 • 482 Posts

music

Lindsosaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lindsosaurus
Member since 2009 • 1982 Posts

Psychology, and my specialty is criminal behavior and gang behavior cause that's the population I work with and part of my dissertation topic...frankly I am incredibly sick of it right now :cry:

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mattykovax
Computing, built one when i was 14 and got joint 2nd best in the year on my project even though i did 90% of the work in 2 days at home and spent most of the classes helping a friend. Biology, i get good grades at school but also i can look up most topics on uni sites and understand them. My teacher told me some of the reasearch homeworks i did were better than what he wrote for the text book :lol:markop2003
Thats cool too. I never was Great with electronics but I did a lot of stuff on my own.
gun-runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 gun-runner
Member since 2005 • 2030 Posts
I honestly don't know, that doesn't mean I am not good at anything I just have no idea what my area of expertise is.. I couldn't even ball park it.
Avatar image for deactivated-6016e81e8e30f
deactivated-6016e81e8e30f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-6016e81e8e30f
Member since 2009 • 12955 Posts
Philosophy and Psychology.
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mattykovax
I honestly don't know, that doesn't mean I am not good at anything I just have no idea what my area of expertise is.. I couldn't even ball park it.gun-runner
Well find one damn it.....JK.
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#27 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts

Sales, which is selling myself. I'm good at it, and been doing it since I was 16, so 18+ years. I like to think I can find a way to relate to everyone, some of my best customers were machine shop guys with missing fingers, just plain rednecks, that took me fishing from time to time, and I've been on the Dillard's family's private jet, so I think I'm good at relating to most people in some way. As for a subject, I'd think it would be religion (all three major one's) more specifically the origin's and changes in them, not necessarily how they are practiced today. It's a "hobby" of mine to learn all I can. I also know baseball & college football. That's enough.

gun-runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gun-runner
[QUOTE="gun-runner"]I honestly don't know, that doesn't mean I am not good at anything I just have no idea what my area of expertise is.. I couldn't even ball park it.mattykovax
Well find one damn it.....JK.

But it's really hard!
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mattykovax

Sales, which is selling myself. I'm good at it, and been doing it since I was 16, so 18+ years. I like to think I can find a way to relate to everyone, some of my best customers were machine shop guys with missing fingers, just plain rednecks, that took me fishing from time to time, and I've been on the Dillard's family's private jet, so I think I'm good at relating to most people in some way. As for a subject, I'd think it would be religion (all three major one's) more specifically the origin's and changes in them, not necessarily how they are practiced today. It's a "hobby" of mine to learn all I can. I also know baseball & college football. That's enough.

btaylor2404
I get that. I am a sales guy too. And now you get to learn glass...... ......an aside,is this a better topic IYO?
Lindsosaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lindsosaurus

btaylor2404

That is a very good thing to be good at ;) Being able to relate to others will get you far. and what is your College football team of choice?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Computing and random facts. I love browsing the internet for things that are interesting but are useless in conversaition.

ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts

Im a drummer... so thats my area of expertise I guess :P

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mattykovax
[QUOTE="Lindsosaurus"]

[QUOTE="btaylor2404"]

That is a very good thing to be good at ;) Being able to relate to others will get you far. and what is your College football team of choice?

I am pretty sure he is arkansas(SP) and if you do not know by now I am worcester (default boston) so i root for BC.
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 btaylor2404

[QUOTE="btaylor2404"]

Lindsosaurus

That will be the Arkansas Razorbacks, since birth, but I love the game, I'd rather watch a DII college game than the Super Bowl.
Lindsosaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lindsosaurus

[QUOTE="Lindsosaurus"]

[QUOTE="btaylor2404"]

mattykovax

I am pretty sure he is arkansas(SP) and if you do not know by now I am worcester (default boston) so i root for BC.

I graduated from Alabama...

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mattykovax
That will be the Arkansas Razorbacks, since birth, but I love the game, I'd rather watch a DII college game than the Super Bowl.btaylor2404
NFL....NFL....(sung to the tune of one of us from freaks)....NFL.....NFL.
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mattykovax
[QUOTE="Lindsosaurus"]

I did not graduate. I just aint stupid(yes I get the paradox).
gun-runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gun-runner
[QUOTE="btaylor2404"] That will be the Arkansas Razorbacks, since birth, but I love the game, I'd rather watch a DII college game than the Super Bowl.mattykovax

Gooble Gobble NFL NFL, Gooble Gobble NFL NFL, Gooble Gobble NFL NFL!
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Biology, and I like to think I know a lot about baseball.
Lindsosaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lindsosaurus

[QUOTE="Lindsosaurus"]

mattykovax

lol, well I have less of a problem with you and BC, it's more the SEC west rivalry, although it could be worse...that is one of the more tame rivalries in comparison to other SEC teams :P

and to clarify because y'all dont know me, while I am an avid Alabama fan, I am mostly joking about the mean Stitch face response to your teams :)

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 btaylor2404
[QUOTE="btaylor2404"] That will be the Arkansas Razorbacks, since birth, but I love the game, I'd rather watch a DII college game than the Super Bowl.mattykovax

Sorry Matty, can't stand it. Still read the boxscores and follow ex-Razorbacks, but the NFL lost me years ago.
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mattykovax
[QUOTE="mattykovax"][QUOTE="btaylor2404"] That will be the Arkansas Razorbacks, since birth, but I love the game, I'd rather watch a DII college game than the Super Bowl.gun-runner

Gooble Gobble NFL NFL, Gooble Gobble NFL NFL, Gooble Gobble NFL NFL!

If you were not my friend I would smack you.....:lol: :P seriously though I thought it was funny.
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
My expertise is in the Bible, the church, and Christianity as a whole. I suppose having a B.A. in Christian Studies and wanting to become a pastor would have something to do with that. :P Other things I think I'm good at, though I am not as trained (some training, not as much though), would be working with and counseling people, doing various types of artwork, and knowing more than the average person about other types of religions. Also, I think I have a natural inclination to build things. I have no training whatsoever unlike the previous areas of expertise, but I am good at figuring out how things work. If I were not to work within the ministry or as an art teacher, I think I would have loved to become an architect or engineer. I become giddy when I see good architecture, I just become excited when I see things built and designed by the minds God has given us. :D
mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mattykovax
[QUOTE="Lindsosaurus"]

[QUOTE="mattykovax"][QUOTE="Lindsosaurus"]

lol, well I have less of a problem with you and BC, it's more the SEC west rivalry, although it could be worse...that is one of the more tame rivalries in comparison to other SEC teams :P

and to clarify because y'all dont know me, while I am an avid Alabama fan, I am mostly joking about the mean Stitch face response to your teams :)

It would not be an issue if the BCS had a real playoff.
mccloskey-14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mccloskey-14
Member since 2007 • 472 Posts
Photoshopping, well I used to do it a lot but kind of left it behind would love to get back into it again. I'm also good and doing various types of business accounts like balance sheets, variance analysis, profit and loss accounts etc.
Skeleton--Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Skeleton--Man
Member since 2008 • 590 Posts

Hip hop I'd say. Computing also

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mattykovax

[QUOTE="mattykovax"][QUOTE="btaylor2404"] That will be the Arkansas Razorbacks, since birth, but I love the game, I'd rather watch a DII college game than the Super Bowl.btaylor2404

Sorry Matty, can't stand it. Still read the boxscores and follow ex-Razorbacks, but the NFL lost me years ago.

I am sorry brother. I know the position,but seriously I created a better thread,right?

EDIT-And when did the NFL lose you? Curious as a sports fan and friend.

DarkPrinceXC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DarkPrinceXC
Member since 2003 • 5921 Posts
Hockey
Lindsosaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lindsosaurus

[QUOTE="Lindsosaurus"]

[QUOTE="mattykovax"]I did not graduate. I just aint stupid(yes I get the paradox).mattykovax

It would not be an issue if the BCS had a real playoff.

Smartest thing I have heard all day!

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mattykovax
HockeyDarkPrinceXC
Yeah,thats not obvious. An opinion? what do you think of Phill Kessel. I am not a hockey fan but am in boston,and the talk is trade,what do you think?