You can rent out movie theaters to play video games!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by -theCHUD- (1648 posts) -

WTF?

It definitely wouldn't be worth it unless u had like 20 people with you. OR MORE.

and even then what the hell are you gonna do? take turns? this idea sounds really cool, but something about it seems a little bit outrageous. i mean honestly. unless u got a 4 player game with 3 other friends this doesnt seem that great. especially since this sorta event seems to need at least 20 or so people.

what do you guys think of this? and it specifically says the 360, i wonder if they would oppose other consoles.

does this seem worth it to u?

my conclusion is that this is a stupid idea on both ciniplex, and microsofts part.

#2 Posted by -Gijutsu- (8227 posts) -
it may be a stupid idea, but the fact is there are people who will pay for this
#3 Posted by KLAX42 (3368 posts) -
I remember when the wii first came out I read a story about retirement homes or something renting that out so the old folks could play wii sports on the big screen. :?
#4 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -
Would that even look good?
#5 Posted by TSNAKE617 (5494 posts) -
Wow, that would be a huge waste of money.
#6 Posted by cyberdarkkid (16777 posts) -
That's stupid but I guarantee you, there will be people who will actually pay for it.
#7 Posted by KLAX42 (3368 posts) -

Would that even look good?Cherokee_Jack

Hooked up to one of those digital projectors, I'd assume it looks really nice.

#9 Posted by 69ANT69 (8474 posts) -
:shock: Awesome
#10 Posted by TheOddQuantum (2472 posts) -
I know what I'm doing this Sunday >_>
#11 Posted by omfg_its_dally (8068 posts) -
$180 seems kind of cheap considering the amount of money they could have made in ticket sales for a movie for that particular screen in the 2 hour time slot.
#12 Posted by XxSTILL_BORNxX (5749 posts) -
I Would only do this on a special occasion and it better be a goddamn good game that just came out.....man MGS4 would be sick on a screen like that.
#13 Posted by ferret837 (1942 posts) -
Its actually quite cheap, but i would only do it if they supplied a s*** load of games.
#14 Posted by andyboiii (13629 posts) -
it would be good for a big tournament like madden, halo, or COD4 with your friends
#15 Posted by Lto_thaG (22611 posts) -
I already did it.It was 100 euros for a day in the Kinepolis(Belgium).It's amazing seeing it on a screen that big.
#16 Posted by GamerBoy53 (2666 posts) -
I already did it.It was 100 euros for a day in the Kinepolis(Belgium).It's amazing seeing it on a screen that big.Lto_thaG
I did it too. It was this huge thing though and they had all 3 consoles. My friend paid to get us in. They let us watch whatever movies were playing too.
#17 Posted by Lto_thaG (22611 posts) -
[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]I already did it.It was 100 euros for a day in the Kinepolis(Belgium).It's amazing seeing it on a screen that big.GamerBoy53
I did it too. It was this huge thing though and they had all 3 consoles. My friend paid to get us in. They let us watch whatever movies were playing too.

We only played 360 :P Bioshock looked amazing on that screen.
#18 Posted by NumCha (269 posts) -
I reckon it would be awesome as long as you had at kleast 3 other people, so its only like $54 per person
#19 Posted by Wozmcfc (1504 posts) -
Stupid idea although I can see alot of spoilt kids doing it.
#20 Posted by four_of_clubs (4474 posts) -

My friend used to work at the movie theatre back in high school.

Sometimes after hours we would hook up the playstation 2 or xbox and play games. Once we even had a super nintendo hooked up, gaming some TMNT.

Good times :D

#21 Posted by four_of_clubs (4474 posts) -
Now that I think of it, it would be perfect to have a 16 person Smash Bros Brawl tournament on the big screen. That way you could split the cost with sixteen people, and of course you'd be able to see what the hell you were doing thanks to the huge screen.
#22 Posted by ForeinPotHead (34 posts) -
It sounds fun and would be worth it for 4 close friends to all chip in, but c'mon for over 100 bucks its not worth your money. If they did offer it for 24 hours, allowed smoking, drinking, all the new movies we could lay your hands on, and no supervision, then heck ya im on board for a baked out drunkin nite of no sleeping and gaming.
#23 Posted by MetroidPrimePwn (12399 posts) -
As much stupid as this is, playing Left4Dead with 3 buds at a movie theatre would be pretty awesome...
#24 Posted by -theCHUD- (1648 posts) -
As much stupid as this is, playing Left4Dead with 3 buds at a movie theatre would be pretty awesome...MetroidPrimePwn
yeah it really is much stupid.
#25 Posted by MetroidPrimePwn (12399 posts) -

[QUOTE="MetroidPrimePwn"]As much stupid as this is, playing Left4Dead with 3 buds at a movie theatre would be pretty awesome...-theCHUD-
yeah it really is much stupid.

Of sure it is.

#26 Posted by -theCHUD- (1648 posts) -
lol your funny
#27 Posted by bazookajoe19 (827 posts) -
Imagine playing WipEout HD zones on that screen.
#28 Posted by Curlyfrii87 (14981 posts) -
Yeah, my local theater does that... although ive never been. :?
#29 Posted by nWaGunin4PriDe (28 posts) -
Haha the game would be so messed up the graphics would suck