WWE is crap now, I miss the good old days.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MugiwaraNo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 MugiwaraNo
Member since 2009 • 250 Posts

Am I right?

my_mortal_coil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 my_mortal_coil
Member since 2009 • 2839 Posts

Good 'ole days for me was Hulkamania, The Shiek, Bushwackers, Legion of Doom, British Bulldog, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Rick Flair, Brutus the Barber, Bam Bam, Mr. Perfect, Million Dollar Man, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Tatanka.

My fav was the Ultimate Warrior.

pishti_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 pishti_13
Member since 2009 • 61 Posts

I miss the Attitude era:(.

CrystalFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CrystalFox
Member since 2006 • 9908 Posts

I never truly was a legit fan, it's always kinda sucked IMO. But I do agree that it was better than it is now. What's

your definition of the good ol' days? I'm thinking The Rock, Steve Austin, Ric Flair etc. The attitude-era, if you will.

Mikey132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mikey132
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

Good 'ole days for me was Hulkamania, The Shiek, Bushwackers, Legion of Doom, British Bulldog, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Rick Flair, Brutus the Barber, Bam Bam, Mr. Perfect, Million Dollar Man, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Tatanka.

my_mortal_coil

Those were my days too. I liked Hogan the most. You forgot to add the Macho Man to that list.

MoonMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MoonMarvel
Member since 2008 • 8249 Posts
The attitude era was overrated and the Hulkamania era was terrible and corny. So no, you are wrong.
johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts
you probly just grew older, but yea, theres not much likeable characters in wwe nowadays
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#8 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

Yes it's gone downhill I got sick of it because of people like Cena been the main man all the time I miss the Attitude era it was better when WWE were having wars with WCW it made it more interesting. As soon as Rock and Stone Cold left it started going downhill slowly but I still think the best PPV event was WrestleMania 17 and ECW One Night Stand 2006 was one of the best due to Mick Foley, Edge and Terry Funk Tommy Dreamer match not forgetting how brutal the REAL ECW fans were the hate John Cena got from them was funny even throwing toilet paper at him. I do miss the hardcore matches that Raven, Steve Blackman, Rob Van Dam and Crash Holly used to have.

The problem with WWE is they have terrible storylines and they shove unlikeable wrestlers in your face all the time and it's the same thing unlike the Attitude era which was surprising and WWE pulled out did every tactic they could to get viewers like getting DX to go to WCW which was a funny moment. But I do miss WCW Nitro and Thunder I used to watch those on TNT.

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

my_mortal_coil

Amen to that! I, too, miss the good ol' days of the WWF. It was campy alright but I loved it that way. Mind you, I'd also take the Attitude era back in a heartbeat, instead of the garbage that's going on nowadays.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

You can blame Linda Mcmahon and her political campaign for what wwe is nowadays but yes I agree

If you want to see great wrestling heres a few I would suggest as they are very good just not well known

Dragon gate usa/japan version. Ring of Honor. Total Nonstop Action(though you could argue this is to similar to wwe)

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

my_mortal_coil
Same here lol, back in the days when it was still WWF :P I remember the WWC vs WWF fanboys. And the c.lassics from both sides like Bret Hart, Sting, Ahmed Johnson, 123 Kid, Yokozuna, Lex Luger and so on. I remember loving Razor Ramon's intro and his epic toothpick throwing :lol:
Avatar image for batman_is_aweso
batman_is_aweso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 batman_is_aweso
Member since 2009 • 2762 Posts

The attitude era was ALITTLE overrated and the Hulkamania era was terrible and corny. So no, you are wrong.MoonMarvel

fixed

hulkamania era was the worst hulk cant wrestle for crap he screwed steamboat and ric in the wwf that son of a gun

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

That's because there is no competition. Until TNA actually poses a threat to WWE, nothing will change.

JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 JC346
Member since 2007 • 4886 Posts
Yeah, the attitude era was epic. The last time I watched wrestling was when I went to Wrestlemania 24.
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
I stopped watching when the WCW died and the WWF squandered the potential of the Invasion storyline. Plus, there are few likable WWE wrestlers left. Kane, Undertaker, HHH, the Big Show, Edge, Jericho... That's about it. Cena, CM Punk, Batista, Orton, and the rest of these new guys are stiff in the ring and bad on the mic. I prefer TNA. Even though they're past their primes, a lot of TNA's names remind me of my childhood. Hogan, Sting, Jeff Jarrett, Mick Foley, Scott Steiner, The Dudleys, Steven Richards, Jeff Hardy, Kevin Nash, Raven, Rhino, Taz, Scott Hall, Sean Waltman (X-Pac), Val Venis, Ric Flair, Shannon Moore... That's very WCW/WWF Attitude/ECW.
jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

I miss the Attitude era:(.

pishti_13

I second that.

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts

my_mortal_coil
They were the days.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Yes it's gone downhill I got sick of it because of people like Cena been the main man all the time I miss the Attitude era

wwefanforlife

You mean you miss the era where the main event was dominated by Rock, Stone Cold, and Triple H? See the contradiction?

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
It's been crap since around the time when they changed the name to WWE.
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
I miss the days of the Rock, he was awesome!
Avatar image for batman_is_aweso
batman_is_aweso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 batman_is_aweso
Member since 2009 • 2762 Posts

[QUOTE="wwefanforlife"]

Yes it's gone downhill I got sick of it because of people like Cena been the main man all the time I miss the Attitude era

Silverbond

You mean you miss the era where the main event was dominated by Rock, Stone Cold, and Triple H? See the contradiction?

lol pwnt

also every1 likes tv14 cuz the adult themes

lol what do i know i was 3 when i started watching wrestling during the attitude era

lol way under 14 my mom was ok aand shes the one that showed me wrestling when i was 3

Jamiemydearx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jamiemydearx3
Member since 2008 • 4062 Posts

I liked the 1996-1999 era.