~Would you get a tattoo / piercing for your significant other?~

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_PirateKing
Member since 2005 • 9714 Posts
~-~I‘m new to thread making, but I‘ll give it a shot. (I’m board) So, would you get a tattoo or piercing? (on yourself not them.:|) If you say no it’s not like she’s going to brake up with you or anything, it would just be nice. If you can’t imagine things too well or what to know how it got brought up, here’s how you were asked.~-~ [spoiler] ~-~You and your significant other were just talking casually about everything and nothing when the subject turned towards tattoos / piercing. After a second she asks you, “have you ever thought of getting a tattoos / piercing?” Then you ask, “why? Would you like me to have one?” She doesn't answer but makes a grin that shows the thought is stirring up some feelings that she likes. Then she finally asks again, “have you?”~-~ [/spoiler] ~-~If you say yes then tell how far would you go and where? And if you would make a deal with her what would it be? (keep this clean ok.) If your significant other is a guy then just imagine that those “she”s are “he”s. (if you don’t have one pretend you do and you’re close.) One more thing, just piercing your ear/s normally doesn't count. And you significant other is someone you're probably going to spend your life with.~-~
Beaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Beaman
Member since 2005 • 7305 Posts
never. I plan on getting tattoos for my children. But nothing more.
Avatar image for Denjin_hadouken
Denjin_hadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Denjin_hadouken
Member since 2007 • 5927 Posts
Hell no. Piercings are nasty and tattoos....no...i'm not going to draw on myself....
Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts
I think my girlfriend would look even better with a lip peircing but she doesnt wanna get anything peirced and theres no way Im going to pressure her into getting one. She said I would look better with one and I love peircings and I do want a lip peircing... Im just terrified of needles lmao. Ill have to overcome that before another percing, I have 2 ear.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
No, not for something that could always end.
Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shade-Blade

Oh, and the only tattoo I would ever get is the one like the Deatheaters have on their underarm in Harry Potter :) Voldemorts sign :)

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Nope, wouldn't do it.

I don't have a problem with OTHER people's tats. Often I think they are awesome, and I love them.

I'M never getting one though. NEVER. If I can respect that fact that she likes to mutilate her body with artwork, she should be able to respect the fact that I don't want any part in that ****. I'm not trying to tell her how to run her life. If tatoos make her happy, then I'm in no place to stop that.

However, I'll be DAMNED if I'm ever gonna personally get a tatoo. No ****ing way.

The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_PirateKing
No, not for something that could always end.bluezy
~-~Oh yea, I forgot to mention. By "significant other" I meant someone you're probably going to spend your life with. (or already are.)~-~
blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blooddemon666
Member since 2003 • 22587 Posts

I would get a tattoo, but not with my significant other's name on it.

My children's names? yes

I'm apprehensive about getting piercings, not that I'm afraid to, I just don't think I'd look good with one.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
[QUOTE="bluezy"]No, not for something that could always end.The_PirateKing
~-~Oh yea, I forgot to mention. By "significant other" I meant someone you're probably going to spend your life with. (or already are.)~-~

There's always the chance something could change. Nothing is forever.
Beaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Beaman
[QUOTE="bluezy"]No, not for something that could always end.The_PirateKing

If I ahd some sort of guarantee that I'd be with them for life then without a doubt I'd get a tattoo for them and piercings aren't permanent so who cares.
SinkO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SinkO
Member since 2005 • 1908 Posts
Sure, but I wouldn't take something lame like a heart-shaped tattoo with his/her name on it. My ex and I actually thought about tattooing each others handprints on our bodies, but we broke out before we had the opportunity to do it.
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts
No, I don't ever want to get a tatoo and I will only get ear piercings and nothing more.
Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shade-Blade
[QUOTE="The_PirateKing"][QUOTE="bluezy"]No, not for something that could always end.bluezy

The certainty of death is forever looming.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts
If I'm going to spend my life with her, then yes.
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_PirateKing
~-~I might get a modest tattoo that can be hidden with normal cloths. Like some simple design that's all black / few colors and have it on my shoulder or something. No pictures of stuff or words though. I wouldn't get a piercing though. They're kind of bleh IMO.:?~-~
There's always the chance something could change. Nothing is forever.bluezy
~-~Well, you have no reason to think something would happen. For now you're just happy.>.>...~-~
blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blooddemon666

[QUOTE="bluezy"][QUOTE="The_PirateKing"][QUOTE="bluezy"]No, not for something that could always end.Shade-Blade

so are taxes :|

MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts

never. I plan on getting tattoos for my children. But nothing more.Beaman

I plan on tatooing my children at birth.

newguy957

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 newguy957
Member since 2004 • 2111 Posts
No because there is always that chance of splitting up
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MrGeezer

Oh, and the only tattoo I would ever get is the one like the Deatheaters have on their underarm in Harry Potter :) Voldemorts sign :)

Shade-Blade

That's even worse.

I mean, suppose you get a tatoo about your girlfriend, and then you break up later. There's lots of heartbreak and ugliness and pain. Years later, you're looking at this tatoo and wondering what it represents. And it reminds you of all the ugliness and pain that happened. But here's the thing...what it represents is a significant part of your life. It reminds you of how you were back then, and it reminds you of the happy times back then, but most importantly it's a constant reminder of what you did WRONG back then. So you can look at the tat and remember the good times, but right there, burned into your skin is a reminder of what went wrong. A reminder of what not to do, a reminder of who to avoid.

That can actually be valuable.

However, if you get a Voldemort tatoo, all that represents is that "I LIKE THE HARRY POTTER!"

Which is, quite frankly, sort of lame.

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shade-Blade

[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"][QUOTE="bluezy"][QUOTE="The_PirateKing"][QUOTE="bluezy"]No, not for something that could always end.blooddemon666

so are taxes :|

lmao
steppinrazor88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#22 steppinrazor88
Member since 2006 • 14441 Posts
A piercing....yes...a tattoo?? probably not :(
blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blooddemon666

However, if you get a Voldemort tatoo, all that represents is that "I LIKE THE HARRY POTTER!"

MrGeezer
sort of?
smallcaplegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 smallcaplegend
Member since 2006 • 3083 Posts
no, only if I join the army or something
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_PirateKing
~-~Nobody's picking the bottom option? I put that there for people who already have tattoos / piercings.:?~-~
steppinrazor88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#26 steppinrazor88
Member since 2006 • 14441 Posts

~-~Nobody's picking the bottom option? I put that there for people who already have tattoos / piercings.:?~-~The_PirateKing

I do but I don't vote in polls :(

Beaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Beaman

[QUOTE="The_PirateKing"]~-~Nobody's picking the bottom option? I put that there for people who already have tattoos / piercings.:?~-~steppinrazor88

I have tattoos too, but the last option doesn't answer the qesution
Recycleation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Recycleation
Member since 2007 • 2758 Posts

never. I plan on getting tattoos for my children. But nothing more.Beaman

:lol: ''well son,you wanted me to get a tattoo of the cat in the hat,here you go..''

Beaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Beaman

[QUOTE="Beaman"]never. I plan on getting tattoos for my children. But nothing more.Recycleation

:lol: ''well son,you wanted me to get a tattoo of the cat in the hat,here you go..''

yes. that is EXACTLY what I meant.
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_PirateKing
[QUOTE="steppinrazor88"]

[QUOTE="The_PirateKing"]~-~Nobody's picking the bottom option? I put that there for people who already have tattoos / piercings.:?~-~Beaman

I have tattoos too, but the last option doesn't answer the qesution

~-~Would "I like pie" answer the question?:P And what's wrong with polls?:(~-~
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

I doubt I would ever get any kind of tattoo, as I'd be afraid I wouldn't like it later on.

Considering my luck in general, I'd probably get dumped within a month of getting it anyway, and then as soon as I got it removed, the X-SO would want to get back together for some inexplicable reason. Then I'd tell her I'm not her fallback guy and she can kiss my ass, and then the next day she would hit the lottery for $40 million, and that is on top of the fact that I probably wouldn't bother with someone actually stupid enough to play the lottery in the first place.

Then I would get bit by an elephant, just for good measure. Then I'd probably get a tattoo of a satanic elephant from hell. Yeah, that would be pretty cool.

*Good God, I must be freaking bored.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MrGeezer

and that is on top of the fact that I probably wouldn't bother with someone actually stupid enough to play the lottery in the first place.

SpaceMoose

LOL

So dude, you like playing VIDEOGAMES, right?

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Shade-Blade
[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"]

MrGeezer

That's even worse.

I mean, suppose you get a tatoo about your girlfriend, and then you break up later. There's lots of heartbreak and ugliness and pain. Years later, you're looking at this tatoo and wondering what it represents. And it reminds you of all the ugliness and pain that happened. But here's the thing...what it represents is a significant part of your life. It reminds you of how you were back then, and it reminds you of the happy times back then, but most importantly it's a constant reminder of what you did WRONG back then. So you can look at the tat and remember the good times, but right there, burned into your skin is a reminder of what went wrong. A reminder of what not to do, a reminder of who to avoid.

Reading those books and watching those movies over and over and over again are a good part of my life and still are. I dont know about you but those are the books that have gotten me into reading. Those are the books that I could read when everything was going downhill. Those are the books that I can read and not be bored of for the 20th time. Those books are the best books Ive ever read and theyve actually kept me out of trouble. Theyve taught me that love can overcome evil, to feel sorry for what people dont have that you do. Look at Voldemort, he has no love, friendship, no compassion in his life. He gets his way by Crucio, Avada Kadavra, and Imperio. Harry, he has love, friendship, compassion. He has everything that Voldemort doesnt, he has a reason to fight. The books have pretty much shaped the way I am and what I do. Thats why I read. Believe it or not, books can actually make you a better person.
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The_PirateKing

I doubt I would ever get any kind of tattoo, as I'd be afraid I wouldn't like it later on.

Considering my luck in general, I'd probably get dumped within a month of getting it anyway, and then as soon as I got it removed, the X-SO would want to get back together for some inexplicable reason. Then I'd tell her I'm not her fallback guy and she can kiss my ass, and then the next day she would hit the lottery for $40 million, and that is on top of the fact that I probably wouldn't bother with someone actually stupid enough to play the lottery in the first place.

Then I would get bit by an elephant, just for good measure. Then I'd probably get a tattoo of a satanic elephant from hell. Yeah, that would be pretty cool.SpaceMoose
~-~Oh man, I know JUST how you feel.:o... Or at least something kind of close to that...~-~
blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 blooddemon666

Reading those books and watching those movies over and over and over again are a good part of my life and still are. I dont know about you but those are the books that have gotten me into reading. Those are the books that I could read when everything was going downhill. Those are the books that I can read and not be bored of for the 20th time. Those books are the best books Ive ever read and theyve actually kept me out of trouble. Theyve taught me that love can overcome evil, to feel sorry for what people dont have that you do. Look at Voldemort, he has no love, friendship, no compassion in his life. He gets his way by Crucio, Avada Kadavra, and Imperio. Harry, he has love, friendship, compassion. He has everything that Voldemort doesnt, he has a reason to fight. The books have pretty much shaped the way I am and what I do. Thats why I read. Believe it or not, books can actually make you a better person.Shade-Blade

and I'm assuming you haven't tried reading anything better?

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="Shade-Blade"]

Shade-Blade

That's even worse.

Reading those books and watching those movies over and over and over again are a good part of my life and still are. I dont know about you but those are the books that have gotten me into reading. Those are the books that I could read when everything was going downhill. Those are the books that I can read and not be bored of for the 20th time. Those books are the best books Ive ever read and theyve actually kept me out of trouble. Theyve taught me that love can overcome evil, to feel sorry for what people dont have that you do. Look at Voldemort, he has no love, friendship, no compassion in his life. He gets his way by Crucio, Avada Kadavra, and Imperio. Harry, he has love, friendship, compassion. He has everything that Voldemort doesnt, he has a reason to fight. The books have pretty much shaped the way I am and what I do. Thats why I read. Believe it or not, books can actually make you a better person.

I love Aliens so much that I can recite every single word that was spoken in the entire freaking movie.

That doesn't mean that I'm not a total ****ing loser if I get a huge Alien tatooed onto my chest.

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blooddemon666
I love Aliens so much that I can recite every single word that was spoken in the entire freaking movie.

That doesn't mean that I'm not a total ****ing loser if I get a huge Alien tatooed onto my chest.

MrGeezer
That would be totally ******* bad ass
Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Shade-Blade
[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="Shade-Blade"]

MrGeezer

That's even worse.

Youre calling me a loser for reading a book and liking the Dark Mark? I think youre the loser for thinking that.
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 The_PirateKing
~-~Well this is an odd turn of events.>.> Should of expected it, anything can happen in OT.:o~-~ ~-~PS: I think that evil Harry Potter logo might be simple enough that even if he didn't like Harry Potter that much anymore it would still be a neat tattoo.~-~
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="Shade-Blade"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="Shade-Blade"]

Shade-Blade

That's even worse.

Youre calling me a loser for reading a book and liking the Dark Mark? I think youre the loser for thinking that.

Fine with me. At least I'm not gonna be spending money to have a Harry Potter tatoo permanently etched onto my body.

EDIT: And I did NOT say tghat you were a loser for liking Harry Potter. I did NOT say that you're as loser because you like "The Dark Mark".

So I don't see why you're getting so defensive, unless you actually DID already get the freaking Voldemort tatoo. If you DIDN'T get the tatoo, then I wasn't calling you a loser. So just chill out. Jesus.

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 blooddemon666

Youre calling me a loser for reading a book and liking the Dark Mark? I think youre the loser for thinking that.Shade-Blade

what he's saying is "20 years down the line, are you going to still like harry potter?"

I highly, highly doubt you will.

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shade-Blade

[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"]Youre calling me a loser for reading a book and liking the Dark Mark? I think youre the loser for thinking that.blooddemon666

what he's saying is "20 years down the line, are you going to still like harry potter?"

Ohh, Im pretty certain I will. And if I dont, who cares. Its not like Im going to have "The Dark Mark" or "Long Live Voldemort" written over it lol. Its just going to be the Skull with the Basilisk going through it.
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The_PirateKing
[QUOTE="blooddemon666"]

[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"]Youre calling me a loser for reading a book and liking the Dark Mark? I think youre the loser for thinking that.Shade-Blade

Ohh, Im pretty certain I will. And if I dont, who cares. Its not like Im going to have "The Dark Mark" or "Long Live Voldemort" written over it lol. Its just going to be the Skull with the Basilisk going through it.

~-~You should find a pic of it so people can see that it doen't have Harry Potter written all over it. I would but I don't know what it's called and I'm lazy.~-~
blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blooddemon666

Ohh, Im pretty certain I will. And if I dont, who cares. Its not like Im going to have "The Dark Mark" or "Long Live Voldemort" written over it lol. Its just going to be the Skull with the Basilisk going through it. Shade-Blade

*shrugs* its not my body, do what you will to it.

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Shade-Blade
[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"][QUOTE="blooddemon666"]

[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"]Youre calling me a loser for reading a book and liking the Dark Mark? I think youre the loser for thinking that.The_PirateKing

~-~You should find a pic of it so people can see that it doen't have Harry Potter written all over it. I would but I don't know what it's called and I'm lazy.~-~

Here, its kinna small but you can see the Tattoo clearly. The Dark Mark
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"][QUOTE="blooddemon666"]

[QUOTE="Shade-Blade"]Youre calling me a loser for reading a book and liking the Dark Mark? I think youre the loser for thinking that.The_PirateKing

An Alien doesn't have "Aliens" written all over it. Still, anyone who has seen the movie still knws that it's an Alien. And the people who don't are going to ask about it.

The people who know what it means are gonna be like, "lol...that dude got a harry Potter tatoo."

Meanwhile, the people who don't know **** about your tatoo are going to ask you why you got it. At which point you say "because I like Harry Potter!:

The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The_PirateKing
Here, its kinna small but you can see the Tattoo clearly. The Dark MarkShade-Blade
~-~That's fine. I'm putting it on my Photobucket... Ok, here it is...~-~  ~-~Would anyone think Harry Potter if you saw someone with that?~-~
Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Shade-Blade
Only if you saw the movie and even then, some people might not be paying too much attention.
funnymario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 funnymario
Member since 2005 • 9122 Posts
A press-on :P
Bryn5774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Bryn5774
Member since 2004 • 469 Posts

I would never get a tattoo or a piercing because someone else wanted me to.

I would get one because I want to, and because it has a meaning to me.

That being said, if i ever get a tattoo, i would get this on my arm (minus the translation):

I chose this because it relates back to my martial arts days, and a saying that I used to always live by: "The Couragous One seeks Honor above all else, for through His Honor, He achieves His Destiny."