Windows help please!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts
Alright, I am attempting to use a windows installer cleanup program but dumbass windows keeps blocking this and other programs I am trying to use to get itunes back onto my computer.

Anyone know how to stop this? I turned off the windows firewall and that didn't do antyhing....
Dafdiego777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Dafdiego777
Member since 2005 • 4112 Posts
i need more description...walk me through exactly what you did..
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LostProphetFLCL
Alright. I installed a windows installer cleanup utility to attempt to get rid of any possible remnants of my old itunes that might be preventing me from re-installing itunes. It installed just fine, but when I attempt to open the program (Which I must mention is by windows itself, which makes it absolutely ridiculous that it is blocking this) I get a "data execution prevention" error. It may be important to mention that my copy of windows IS NOT genuine thanks to the idiocy of those people who fixed our computer before...
Dafdiego777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dafdiego777
that could be it...how did you go from genuine to not genuine? and try deleting the whole folder in your program files and then install..
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LostProphetFLCL
that could be it...how did you go from genuine to not genuine? and try deleting the whole folder in your program files and then install..Dafdiego777
I tried that. And it is because the people who fixed our computer just used their own copy of windows and we never went and installed our genuine copy. We don't want to lose all our data...
Dafdiego777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dafdiego777
hmm...Try looking at the regestry
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LostProphetFLCL
hmm...Try looking at the regestryDafdiego777
The wha? I am not terribly computer savy..... It doesn't help that windows is so damn overly complicated......
syntax__666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 syntax__666
Member since 2004 • 281 Posts
Did you first try going to add/remover programs from control panel? If all else fails get all the data off you need via burned cd/dvd, external hard drive, or networked storage and the wipe the computer and reinstall windows. Maybe upgrade to vista while your at it.
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LostProphetFLCL
[QUOTE="syntax__666"]Did you first try going to add/remover programs from control panel? If all else fails get all the data off you need via burned cd/dvd, external hard drive, or networked storage and the wipe the computer and reinstall windows. Maybe upgrade to vista while your at it.

The thing is itunes and windows don't mix well together. I already did the add/remove thing but being as windows stupidly puts the info in a bunch of different places you need to use special programs to get completely rid of it. The thing I need to do is to turn off whatever it is that keeps preventing my data execution. For whatever reason when I go to actually USE the neccessary programs windows keeps them from opening......