Why Same Sex Marriage Should Be Legalized

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Twig978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Twig978
Member since 2009 • 557 Posts
Denying gays marriage is simply wrong. It is targeting a specific group and denying them the right to marry because they are different then what we think is right. People against gay marriage dont like them because they are different. Some people also dont want gays to marry because it is against their religion. Last time i checked this was America and we have the right to be totally free from the religion of others. Why should gays not be allowed to get married? Because they are different? Because they arent what we like? There is also no reason that other people should be able to vote for or against allowing anyone or group to have rights. Also the stupid argument of "people turn gay if gay marriage is legalized" is false. If your attracted to the opposite sex your not going to turn gay and ignore your hormones because theres a law that says that gays can marry? How can a law change your hormones and your instincts? Denying gays the right to marry is discriminating against them because they are different. Is this what America is now?
-FlyLo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 -FlyLo-
Member since 2009 • 2833 Posts

We just spent all night arguing about legalizing marijuana...

But on topic. Although I'm kind of against it, I beleive the everyone has the right to happiness.

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Fly, watch him make several threads about this just to try to get us to do this again... :lol:
-FlyLo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -FlyLo-
Fly, watch him make several threads about this just to try to get us to do this again... :lol:rockguy92
Oh no, I'm not going through that again :lol: Make one on gun legalization :P
Twig978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Twig978
Fly, watch him make several threads about this just to try to get us to do this again... :lol:rockguy92
I made one about weed thread genius.
-AlbertC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -AlbertC
Member since 2004 • 15667 Posts

the purpose of sex is to pro create. People with the same gender cannot pro create :|

Twig978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Twig978

the purpose of sex is to pro create. People with the same gender cannot pro create :|

-AlbertC
So your saying that people must get married to have sex? And marriage is not made just for sex or the creation of children. People dont use sex just for the creation of children. Marriage also includes a relationship between two people.
-FlyLo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -FlyLo-
[QUOTE="-AlbertC"]

Twig978
So your saying that people must get married to have sex? And marriage is not made just for sex or the creation of children. People dont use sex just for the creation of children. Marriage also includes a relationship between two people.

But wouldn't you want to carry on your family legacy?
Edziscs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Edziscs
Member since 2006 • 444 Posts

I agree, let lesbians marry.. as long as it is public

TheSpinLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheSpinLight
Member since 2008 • 126 Posts

Edziscs

im guessing all ofure knowledge of lesbians comes offthe internet, well be prepared to be disappointed

Twig978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Twig978
[QUOTE="Twig978"][QUOTE="-AlbertC"]

-FlyLo-

But wouldn't you want to carry on your family legacy?

I do ( im straight BTW). But some people dont and its their choice. The world is pretty over populated anyways lol.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#12 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

-AlbertC
This is 2009 man...The purpose of sex is primarily for pleasure
Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Famiking
Member since 2009 • 4879 Posts

-AlbertC
It's also for entertainment, most if not all religious texts of major religions admit that.
Avatar image for TheChosenTurkey
TheChosenTurkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheChosenTurkey
Member since 2009 • 235 Posts

If they want to, let them. Heck, if someone wanted to marry a Halo 3 disk, I'd let them. I'd laugh and feel weird about it, but I'd let them.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i think it should be legal. i don't care if this person that i don't even know is gay and is married to a guy or a girl(who ever ur looking at).
hvs7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hvs7
Member since 2009 • 52 Posts

-AlbertC
they cant?
Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts

-AlbertC
So people with bum ovaries or low or no sperm should not be allowed to marry?
black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 black_cat19
Member since 2006 • 8212 Posts

-AlbertC

Didn't you get the memo? Humans shut down the baby factory and replaced it with an amusement park. ;)

Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Famiking

If they want to, let them. Heck, if someone wanted to marry a Halo 3 disk, I'd let them. I'd laugh and feel weird about it, but I'd let them.

TheChosenTurkey
Then people would get tax benefits for marrying their dog :?
Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Locke562
[QUOTE="TheChosenTurkey"]

Famiking

People should be able to marry other people. That's where it should stop. Why would anyone think of going beyond that?
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
Marriage is defined as the union between one man and one woman. That means that neither Mormons (who want to marry multiple times) nor people of the same sex can be legally married. So, with that being the predicament, we either need to change the definition of marriage or come up with a new word to use. Changing the definition of marriage probably won't work, so why not use "civil unions" or something like that? Gays, Lesbians, Mormons, etc., can all be together under the term "civil unions" and those who want marriage to remain between a man and woman can be happy.
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 remmbermytitans
[QUOTE="Famiking"][QUOTE="TheChosenTurkey"]

Locke562

People should be able to marry other people. That's where it should stop. Why would anyone think of going beyond that?

If you open Pandora's box, things get out that you may never be able to put back in.
Avatar image for TheChosenTurkey
TheChosenTurkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheChosenTurkey
Member since 2009 • 235 Posts

[QUOTE="Famiking"][QUOTE="TheChosenTurkey"]

Locke562

So you can get tax benefits from marrying dogs?

I read somewhere that a girl got legally married to a rock... :shock:

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
because apparently homosexuality is an abomination to God, yet Jesus never said anything about it in the new testament. you'd think that if it was a big deal Jesus would have said something about it
jetpower3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jetpower3
Member since 2005 • 11631 Posts

For me, it is a matter of principle. It does not matter if I think it's wrong or not, because that kind of thinking goes against my personal philosophy, which is existentialism. Therefore, I believe everyone should have the write to make their own meaning of the world, and have that right for society, regardless of what everyone thinks.

fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="-AlbertC"]

Human biology doesn't change regardless of what year it is. :P
jetpower3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jetpower3
Member since 2005 • 11631 Posts

Marriage is defined as the union between one man and one woman. That means that neither Mormons (who want to marry multiple times) nor people of the same sex can be legally married. So, with that being the predicament, we either need to change the definition of marriage or come up with a new word to use. Changing the definition of marriage probably won't work, so why not use "civil unions" or something like that? Gays, Lesbians, Mormons, etc., can all be together under the term "civil unions" and those who want marriage to remain between a man and woman can be happy. remmbermytitans

I think that will make such people feel something less than those who can be considered "married", rather than just "civilly united". So, it can't work in principle that everyone can be happy, as they would want to be considered the next step up from that.

optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 optiow
Member since 2008 • 28284 Posts
I agree why should they not be able to get married?
black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 black_cat19

[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="-AlbertC"]

fidosim

But human thinking does, and nowadays sex is regarded primarily as entertainment.

Still, what does the purpose sex have to do with gay people wanting to marry? Who brought this up, anyways?

remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 remmbermytitans

[QUOTE="remmbermytitans"]Marriage is defined as the union between one man and one woman. That means that neither Mormons (who want to marry multiple times) nor people of the same sex can be legally married. So, with that being the predicament, we either need to change the definition of marriage or come up with a new word to use. Changing the definition of marriage probably won't work, so why not use "civil unions" or something like that? Gays, Lesbians, Mormons, etc., can all be together under the term "civil unions" and those who want marriage to remain between a man and woman can be happy. jetpower3

I think that will make such people feel something less than those who can be considered "married", rather than just "civilly united". So, it can't work in principle that everyone can be happy, as they would want to be considered the next step up from that.

If ever we have marriage and civil unions as equal, for the first generation it'll be a bit awkward, just as the end of segregation was awkward for a while. (Not that I was alive then)
Avatar image for dan-rofl-copter
dan-rofl-copter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 dan-rofl-copter
Member since 2008 • 2702 Posts

We have gay marriage in the UK and tbf I don't notice the difference from before and after, as gay couples are just like normal ones. But it should defiantly be legalised in the states. They should have the freedom to do what they want and marry who they want.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#32 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
I feel as if marriage is all about a bond of love and trust and why shouldn't gay people have that? It's not fair to discriminate someone else's right to have this, and it shouldn't matter if they are gay or not. As a person who's liberal, I'd say it should be legalized.
AncientNecro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AncientNecro
Member since 2003 • 4957 Posts
same sex marriage is already legalized... when your married its always the same, awful sex
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 remmbermytitans
same sex marriage is already legalized... when your married its always the same, awful sexAncientNecro
Like that joke hasn't been made before.
black_cat19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 black_cat19

I feel as if marriage is all about a bond of love and trust and why shouldn't gay people have that? It's not fair to discriminate someone else's right to have this, and it shouldn't matter if they are gay or not. As a person who's liberal, I'd say it should be legalized. CleanPlayer

Pretty much my thoughts on this subject.

Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Famiking
[QUOTE="fidosim"][QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="-AlbertC"]

Evolution :P
AncientNecro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AncientNecro
[QUOTE="AncientNecro"]same sex marriage is already legalized... when your married its always the same, awful sexremmbermytitans
Like that joke hasn't been made before.

and this topic hasn't been made before... -_-
grifter_tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 grifter_tm
Member since 2004 • 304 Posts

"Gay people have the right to be miserable, just like everybody else." - Chris Rock on gay marriage

The way people mess up marriage, and still proclaim that it's a holy union, is just plain hypocritical. I've scraped things from the bottom of my shoe that's holier than a some marriages I've seen happen.

Avatar image for authorityissues
authorityissues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 authorityissues
Member since 2009 • 387 Posts

[QUOTE="Edziscs"]

TheSpinLight

im guessing all ofure knowledge of lesbians comes offthe internet, well be prepared to be disappointed

True. Real lesbians aren't as hot as the magazine ones.

Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Locke562

[QUOTE="TheSpinLight"]

[QUOTE="Edziscs"]

authorityissues

True. Real lesbians aren't as hot as the magazine ones.

This is Ellen Degeneres' Girlfriend:
spoofnutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 spoofnutz
Member since 2009 • 673 Posts

If religion was removed from hetero-marriage altogether, and marriage was purely a legal matter, as it should be, we would not be currently arguing this issue.

Obama supports legal unions between gays, as long as they are not tied to the Church. Marriage should not still be tied to any "church" in the first place!

This is a postmodern world we live in, for Dog's sake!

AncientNecro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AncientNecro

If religion was removed from hetero-marriage altogether, and marriage was purely a legal matter, as it should be, we would not be currently arguing this issue.

Obama supports legal unions between gays, as long as they are not tied to the Church. Marriage should not still be tied to any "church" in the first place!

spoofnutz
first of all, i laughed at the "dog's sake", kudos secondly, i agree that separation of church and state hasn't occurred in america and probably never will... even though it desperately needs to happen.
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CleanPlayer

"Gay people have the right to be miserable, just like everybody else." - Chris Rock on gay marriage

The way people mess up marriage, and still proclaim that it's a holy union, is just plain hypocritical. I've scraped things from the bottom of my shoe that's holier than a some marriages I've seen happen.

grifter_tm
Chris Rock would have a miserable marriage......
Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Locke562
[QUOTE="grifter_tm"]

CleanPlayer

Isn't Christ Rock married and has a few children?
spoofnutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 spoofnutz

[QUOTE="spoofnutz"]

AncientNecro

first of all, i laughed at the "dog's sake", kudos secondly, i agree that separation of church and state hasn't occurred in america and probably never will... even though it desperately needs to happen.

The sooner the old farts in power die of old age, the sooner we can progress.

Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Locke562

[QUOTE="AncientNecro"][QUOTE="spoofnutz"]

spoofnutz

There will be newer old farts to take their place. Besides, Old Fart is a mindset.
grifter_tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 grifter_tm
Member since 2004 • 304 Posts
[QUOTE="CleanPlayer"][QUOTE="grifter_tm"]

Locke562

It's just part of his stand-up routine.
spoofnutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 spoofnutz

[QUOTE="spoofnutz"]

[QUOTE="AncientNecro"] first of all, i laughed at the "dog's sake", kudos secondly, i agree that separation of church and state hasn't occurred in america and probably never will... even though it desperately needs to happen.Locke562

There will be newer old farts to take their place. Besides, Old Fart is a mindset.

...but their sons and daughters will have less and less influence...

I think it is less of a mindset than it is a tradition.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 CleanPlayer
[QUOTE="CleanPlayer"][QUOTE="grifter_tm"]

Locke562

Yea, he's been married for over 10 years. And, no I'm not a stalking Chris Rock :)
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
I agree. Same-sex marriage should be legalised. Its unconstitutional to allow straight people to marry who they want, while homosexuals cannot. And creating civil unions, even if they are close or or equal to marriage, isn't good enough. History has proven that 'separate but equal' has never been an equal playing ground, and has never been fair.