Why is it my responsibility to take care of people who ruined there lives?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingyotoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 kingyotoX
Member since 2007 • 2689 Posts
I am sick of people always comlaining about poverty and how it is my responsibility to help these people. Why the hell shoul my tax dollars go to 16 year old girl with 3 kids from 3 different father in order to pay for her crack addiction. It's not fair to me that people who work 80 hours a week working there ass off to make good money have to give to people who contribute nothing to society. My dad works from seven in the morning till 8:00 every day including weekends in order to make a good life for my family. Where do his tax dollars go? not rebuliding the roads to get him to work. It angers me that our quality of life must suffer becuase people refuse to be acountable for there actions. sorry for the rant.
fanofazrienoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 fanofazrienoch
Member since 2008 • 1573 Posts
not everyone lives in poverty because they are lazy and/or irresponsible.
Chogyam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chogyam
Member since 2003 • 1887 Posts

obligitory OT response. Blog It. not.

Cause these people are lazy, and irrisponsible.

Chogyam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chogyam

not everyone lives in poverty because they are lazy and/or irresponsible. fanofazrienoch

yes there are people in genuine need of help, but the overwhelming percent have pretty much screwed them, over.

Mr_Buttman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Mr_Buttman
Member since 2005 • 5528 Posts
Well since we cant really do anything about that, i'd say just dont worry about it and enjoy life. They ain't ur responsibility. We only got 80 years to live our life so just forget about them and there crappy lives. You should totally go on vacation somewhere, that'll make u chill.
kingyotoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kingyotoX

Well since we cant really do anything about that, i'd say just dont worry about it and enjoy life. They ain't ur responsibility. We only got 80 years to live our life so just forget about them and there crappy lives. You should totally go on vacation somewhere, that'll make u chill.Mr_Buttman

Well it's summer i'm only 16 I really just feel bad for my dad. He works so hard to get where he is and these people are nothing but a drain on society. And to the comments about some people being in poverty by no fault of there own. I do sorry for these people but I don't see it as justifaction to pay for the majority who refuse to work.

kingyotoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kingyotoX

[QUOTE="fanofazrienoch"]not everyone lives in poverty because they are lazy and/or irresponsible. Chogyam

yes there are people in genuine need of help, but the overwhelming percent have pretty much screwed them, over.

Correct my friend.

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
You`re pretty selfish. Some people grow up in worse off conditions than you and so have less of a chance to make something of their lives, we need to help these people cos if they don`t get any help, than their lives and the lives of future generations of people living in that area will deteriorate.
H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 H8sMikeMoore
Member since 2008 • 5427 Posts

one massive misconception is that rich people have it easy.

H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 H8sMikeMoore

You`re pretty selfish. Some people grow up in worse off conditions than you and so have less of a chance to make something of their lives, we need to help these people cos if they don`t get any help, than their lives and the lives of future generations of people living in that area will deteriorate.xTheExploited

well, we're helping them. not many of them are doing anything about their lives.

Id be all about helping the horse to water if I knew it would drink.

Chogyam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chogyam

You`re pretty selfish. Some people grow up in worse off conditions than you and so have less of a chance to make something of their lives, we need to help these people cos if they don`t get any help, than their lives and the lives of future generations of people living in that area will deteriorate.xTheExploited

you can't help someone who isnt willing to help themselves, which is the case most of the time with people growing up in poverty.

pseudodog07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 pseudodog07
Member since 2008 • 1106 Posts

There are a lot of dependent adults in this society, but they don't all do crack. I think the government needs to come up with a better plan to move them off dependency.

kingyotoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kingyotoX

How the hell do you know how I live? That was just rude.

H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 H8sMikeMoore

There are a lot of dependent peoples in this society, but they don't all do crack. I think the government needs to come up with a better plan to move them off dependency.

pseudodog07

the only people I think are worth helping are the people who CANT work.

most disabled people could find jobs though, unless its a mental condition

kingyotoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kingyotoX

There are a lot of dependent peoples in this society, but they don't all do crack. I think the government needs to come up with a better plan to move them off dependency.

pseudodog07

Yes I agree I think there needs to be some guidlines about who is eligable for help and who is not.

Alexdude26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Alexdude26
Member since 2007 • 739 Posts
I try to ignore it, but EVERYDAY my parents are complaining about the same thing. Also, my (previous) friends parents don't work and he was a PS3, a Wii, and Ipod touch, and tons of other stuff when they do nothing. My parents have to work all day to supply a house and pay for the junk that all these lazy people don't do anything for. True there are people that really do need it, but most of them are just plain lazy.
fanofazrienoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fanofazrienoch
Member since 2008 • 1573 Posts
[QUOTE="Chogyam"]

[QUOTE="fanofazrienoch"]not everyone lives in poverty because they are lazy and/or irresponsible. kingyotoX

Correct my friend.

you could easily make the case that most people live in poverty because they are lazy/irresponsible, but not all of them do.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

There are a lot of dependent adults in this society, but they don't all do crack. I think the government needs to come up with a better plan to move them off dependency.

pseudodog07

No, the government just needs to stop giving them money. Then they will start looking for jobs.

DrCoCoPiMp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DrCoCoPiMp
Member since 2005 • 4088 Posts

I am sick of people always comlaining about poverty and how it is my responsibility to help these people. Why the hell shoul my tax dollars go to 16 year old girl with 3 kids from 3 different father in order to pay for her crack addiction. It's not fair to me that people who work 80 hours a week working there ass off to make good money have to give to people who contribute nothing to society. My dad works from seven in the morning till 8:00 every day including weekends in order to make a good life for my family. Where do his tax dollars go? not rebuliding the roads to get him to work. It angers me that our quality of life must suffer becuase people refuse to be acountable for there actions. sorry for the rant.kingyotoX

do you praise selfishness?

dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts

I agree with you.

Out of all the people that recieve payments only a small % of them really deserve it, and I am fine with that. It's the others that annoy me.

Chogyam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chogyam
[QUOTE="kingyotoX"][QUOTE="Chogyam"]

[QUOTE="fanofazrienoch"]not everyone lives in poverty because they are lazy and/or irresponsible. fanofazrienoch

Correct my friend.

you could easily make the case that most people live in poverty because they are lazy/irresponsible, but not all of them do.

you just reposted what our quotes said. lol

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#25 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
Sorry, but to correctly answer this question, since you put them in there, I think you need to have children. I think we need social programs because I'm not worried about my kids. I'll raise and teach them, it's the one's who don't have a stable home environment at a young age I'm worried about doing something stupid and harming mine or someone else's children. I want those kids to have every chance possible to get out of their situation and be productive members of society. So if it means helping people at the poverty level better themselves I'm all for paying some of my taxes for it. I pay plenty and don't mind a bit. And if I'm not mistaken the majority of our taxes don't go to welfare, they go to the military and schools.
TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TM_Darkside
Member since 2007 • 3993 Posts
The original post is a good example of why I ****ing hate society.
cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
Because Sartre said so.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 deactivated-5a84f3399aa1c
Member since 2005 • 6504 Posts
Because we are such a charitable people...
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 btaylor2404
[QUOTE="pseudodog07"]

H8sMikeMoore

An example on disability. My aunt had a bad back injury, she was a well paid nurse, but cannot do it anymore. Now she's only 40, so instead of being a telemarketer or something that requires no labor, she's on one of the social programs that's helping her thru school, she's getting her masters and going to be a psychologist. So for 2 years of federal funding she won't spend the rest of her life in near minimum wage jobs and will pay much more in taxes over the next 20-30 years than it cost us. This is why these programs make sense.

H8sMikeMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 H8sMikeMoore
[QUOTE="H8sMikeMoore"][QUOTE="pseudodog07"]

btaylor2404

An example on disability. My aunt had a bad back injury, she was a well paid nurse, but cannot do it anymore. Now she's only 40, so instead of being a telemarketer or something that requires no labor, she's on one of the social programs that's helping her thru school, she's getting her masters and going to be a psychologist. So for 2 years of federal funding she won't spend the rest of her life in near minimum wage jobs and will pay much more in taxes over the next 20-30 years than it cost us. This is why these programs make sense.

that would be an example i support. but theres a ton of people who have similar situations and just say "oh well i cant work"

their should be VERY rigid regulations as to who can do these things. the fact that theres so many internet jobs makes it easier for people with disabilities to work.

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 btaylor2404
We agree here. I think welfare reform in the 90's knocked alot of the "welfare queens" out of the system. As with anything there are people who abuse it, but it is needed. Peace.
kingyotoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kingyotoX
I like how the only argument people have is that im "selfish" because I think that people who earn money should get to have somthing to show for it.
pseudodog07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pseudodog07
Member since 2008 • 1106 Posts

We agree here. I think welfare reform in the 90's knocked alot of the "welfare queens" out of the system. As with anything there are people who abuse it, but it is needed. Peace.btaylor2404

I think we need to continue that sort of effort, started by Bill Clinton. But it seems black voters won't vote for that idealism. They voted less for Bill Clinton, than other Democrat Presidential candidates. And you saw how they ran away from Hillary Clinton in droves. They favor the most "liberal" candidate available.

FingerSub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FingerSub
Member since 2008 • 391 Posts
The people who get money from people and go and buy drugs should not be help because they will just keep hurting themselves. The people who lost there jobs like lots of people are right now and cannot get back on there feet should be helped.
jessssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jessssss
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
exactly...
kingyotoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kingyotoX
The problem is there's no common sense in goverment.
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 btaylor2404

The problem is there's no common sense in goverment. kingyotoX

You are correct. And that's both parties. Which is why for better or worse I'm supporting Obama, who is not the status quo canidate we've had for years. Will he continue down the line Clinton did (with major help from a Republican congress) to enact social programs we need that work, and that will be watched? I don't know. But I do not want the same old same old from McCain. We cannot afford another 4-8 years of the eroding middle class or many of us will be on these programs. Sorry for the soapbox moment, but I'm 33 and make quite a bit more money than in 2000, but I've put a pen to paper, wife keeps records of everything, and it's a net loss with skyrocketing gas, health costs, electric costs and on and on. We can't let the middle class go away and the programs we're talking about will swell so large they'll collapse, never mind worrying about the people cheating them.

freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts

we cant all pick and choose how much money we are born into. The money is going to the crack addicts kids..

kingyotoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kingyotoX

we cant all pick and choose how much money we are born into. The money is going to the crack addicts kids..

freshgman

What?

Avatar image for Mythbuster4ever
Mythbuster4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Mythbuster4ever
Member since 2007 • 2846 Posts

I try to ignore it, but EVERYDAY my parents are complaining about the same thing. Also, my (previous) friends parents don't work and he was a PS3, a Wii, and Ipod touch, and tons of other stuff when they do nothing. My parents have to work all day to supply a house and pay for the junk that all these lazy people don't do anything for. True there are people that really do need it, but most of them are just plain lazy.Alexdude26

I'm going take a wild guess and say that family has some loans they can't pay off.

kingyotoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kingyotoX

[QUOTE="Alexdude26"]I try to ignore it, but EVERYDAY my parents are complaining about the same thing. Also, my (previous) friends parents don't work and he was a PS3, a Wii, and Ipod touch, and tons of other stuff when they do nothing. My parents have to work all day to supply a house and pay for the junk that all these lazy people don't do anything for. True there are people that really do need it, but most of them are just plain lazy.Mythbuster4ever

I'm going take a wild guess and say that family has some loans they can't pay off.

Yah I think in your friends case more likely then not, the goverment isn't giving them money they probably refinanced there house like a lot of people or they have some big loans. All these people living beyond there means wonder why they have no money. All I can say is they're fools.

Avatar image for swizz-the-gamer
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 swizz-the-gamer
Member since 2005 • 8801 Posts
[QUOTE="pseudodog07"]

The_Ish

No, the government just needs to stop giving them money. Then they will start looking for jobs.

Or turn to crime.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 The_Ish
[QUOTE="The_Ish"][QUOTE="pseudodog07"]

swizz-the-gamer

Or turn to crime.

Oh, so since they turn to crime, I'm a criminal too? Skewed logic.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 The_Ish

because they're people too.

and due to contrary belif most people aren't in need of welfare becase they're lazy drug addicts.

quit being a selfish ass.

novalue

I think you need to look up the word "selfish" before you blame people for earning the sweat off their brow.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="The_Ish"][QUOTE="pseudodog07"]

The_Ish

Or turn to crime.

Depending on the situations in a person's life they'd probably have crime as an option.
Krigen89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Krigen89
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
Holy crap you people are funny, you should come live here (Montreal, Quebec).. we have so many social programs MORE than half my paycheck is gone at the end of the day. Can you believe that? I have more taken away from me than what's debited in my account. WHEN you go through that you can start complaining.
Avatar image for swizz-the-gamer
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 swizz-the-gamer
Member since 2005 • 8801 Posts
[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="The_Ish"][QUOTE="pseudodog07"]

The_Ish

Or turn to crime.

I didn't say even say that.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 The_Ish

Depending on the situations in a person's life they'd probably have crime as an option.
mo0ksi

So did I when my family was so poor that we could barely afford the rent every month. Did I turn to crime and steal **** from people? No. Did my pops turn to crime and steal **** from people? No. He worked his ass off instead.

People have options, and crime is one of them. Just because they think crime is the easiest choice does not make it anyone elses fault.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 The_Ish
[QUOTE="The_Ish"][QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"]

Or turn to crime.swizz-the-gamer

I didn't say even say that.

That is exactly what you implied, or your post was useless because crime is always an option. So, skewed logic? Or spam?