Why is Iran so stubborn?

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ncderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 ncderek
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
why are they publicly humiliating the British troops? by making them appologize on tv blindfolded and such and refusing to release them.  Shouldnt the rest of the world hate them now? It's not like every time an illegal immigrant comes to America, we put them on television making them appologize for all to see, otherwise we'd have a full broadcast, we get thousands of illegal citizens entering our waters and land every day. Other countries get that too, even Britain. I think Iran needs to just relax and maitain some peace rather than taking this over the top and refusing mistakes.
serbsta69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 serbsta69
Member since 2006 • 19209 Posts
i dont want to comment on this
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts
i dont think irans gunna be around too much longer...
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts
At first I was against a war with Iran but my opinion is rapidly changing....
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -Karayan-
Member since 2006 • 6713 Posts
At first I was against a war with Iran but my opinion is rapidly changing....jointed
They're just trying to aggro the US, thinking that they can't do anything.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

[QUOTE="jointed"]At first I was against a war with Iran but my opinion is rapidly changing....-Karayan-

they're just flexing their muscles to their own people.......The US and British should carpet bomb the whole palce........

damn I never thought I were ever going to say such a thing.......well I'm just pissed on how god damned difficult the middle eastern countries always has to be.......god damned crap

-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -Karayan-

[QUOTE="-Karayan-"][QUOTE="jointed"]At first I was against a war with Iran but my opinion is rapidly changing....jointed

they're just flexing their muscles to their own people.......The US and British should carpet bomb the whole palce........

damn I never thought I were ever going to say such a thing.......well I'm just pissed on how god damned difficult the middle eastern countries always has to be.......god damned crap

That goes with it, but they just love showing the western world what they can do, and get away with it. Killing millions of innocents isn't going to solve anything. It would just aggravate the whole situation and turn the entire middle east against the west.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
[QUOTE="jointed"]

[QUOTE="-Karayan-"][QUOTE="jointed"]At first I was against a war with Iran but my opinion is rapidly changing....-Karayan-

That goes with it, but they just love showing the western world what they can do, and get away with it. Killing millions of innocents isn't going to solve anything. It would just aggravate the whole situation and turn the entire middle east against the west.

how about occupying the middle east...take their oil.....leave....and then we'll leave them alone forever?

EvanSkanes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EvanSkanes
Member since 2004 • 10942 Posts
Because Iranian women don't put out.
MrDude101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MrDude101
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
erm...if a soldier is entering any place illegally why shouldn't they arrest them?
ROLFCHANK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ROLFCHANK
Member since 2006 • 1085 Posts
i vote in favor of leaving that region entirely and not bothering with it or its people anymore. this includes all the troops we have sitting around in saudi arabia.
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Karayan-
[QUOTE="-Karayan-"][QUOTE="jointed"]

[QUOTE="-Karayan-"][QUOTE="jointed"]At first I was against a war with Iran but my opinion is rapidly changing....jointed

how about occupying the middle east...take their oil.....leave....and then we'll leave them alone forever?

That'll sit well with them. >.> Occupy their houses, take everything they have and leave them alone... We should have just left them alone and not have brought the Jews there.
ROLFCHANK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ROLFCHANK
Member since 2006 • 1085 Posts
erm...if a soldier is entering any place illegally why shouldn't they arrest them?MrDude101
i believe britains claim is they have GPS data showing that the soldiers were almost 2 miles within iraqi waters. irans counter to this is "um, no they werent. they were in iranian waters", which isnt too convincing. but beyond that, they shouldnt be parading prisoners around on tv like that.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

Agreed. They're always pissed off for some reason...

Bozanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#15 Bozanimal
Member since 2003 • 2500 Posts

...Iran needs to just relax and maitain some peace rather than taking this over the top and refusing mistakes.ncderek
You could just as easily replace "Iran" with "United States" in that sentence.

Seriously though, too often we lump countries together as if everyone living there agrees with the decisions of their leaders. That is like saying everyone in the US agrees with its leaders. Just because President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is off his rocker does not mean the rest of the Iranian people agree with him. Many Iranians are highly progressive and want to work together socially and economically in peace with the rest of the world. Holding them back is a corrupt political system bogged down by the weight of an ultra-conservative church system that is highly interwoven in their government.

The allies made a mistake several weeks ago by antagonizing the Iranian government, and the Iranian government has escalated the situation by capturing British troops. US and British troops are already stretched thin between Iraq, Afghanistan and other worldwide defense liabilities. Sending more carriers is not going to help matters. I'm out of ideas on what might be done.

I agree with ncderek on one thing: everyone needs to relax.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

[QUOTE="ncderek"]...Iran needs to just relax and maitain some peace rather than taking this over the top and refusing mistakes.Bozanimal

Seriously though, too often we lump countries together as if everyone living there agrees with the decisions of their leaders. That is like saying everyone in the US agrees with its leaders. Just because President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is off his rocker does not mean the rest of the Iranian people agree with him. Many Iranians are highly progressive and want to work together socially and economically in peace with the rest of the world. Holding them back is a corrupt political system bogged down by the weight of an ultra-conservative church system that is highly interwoven in their government.

The allies made a mistake several weeks ago by antagonizing the Iranian government, and the Iranian government has escalated the situation by capturing British troops. US and British troops are already stretched thin between Iraq, Afghanistan and other worldwide defense liabilities. Sending more carriers is not going to help matters. I'm out of ideas on what might be done.

Ive seen enough Iranians parading down the streets with a burning American flag to know its not just their leader

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
Because they are not affraid of the western powers.
PlayedThemAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 PlayedThemAll
Member since 2006 • 665 Posts
Why is Iran So Stubborn is a horrible question. That's assuming everyone agrees with your subjective opinion of a group of people. Now assuming everyone agrees with you that Iran is being stubborn, then that would be a good question. But it's not. Ask questions about facts, or just ask if people agree with you. The way you talk you make it seem like the only way to think is your way.
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts
erm...if a soldier is entering any place illegally why shouldn't they arrest them?MrDude101
It has already been proven that that is not the case. They were in Iraqi waters. Even the GPS co-ordinates Iran first issued show them in Iraqi waters. And even if they did stray into iranian waters, why on earth arrest them and blindfold them on television? Is that a great way to show what a civilised nation you are?
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

[QUOTE="MrDude101"]erm...if a soldier is entering any place illegally why shouldn't they arrest them?ROLFCHANK
i believe britains claim is they have GPS data showing that the soldiers were almost 2 miles within iraqi waters. irans counter to this is "um, no they werent. they were in iranian waters", which isnt too convincing. but beyond that, they shouldnt be parading prisoners around on tv like that.

Stupid Iran 

CheeseGuardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 CheeseGuardian
Member since 2005 • 395 Posts

gah... Iran will do something like this, and then whine/complain to their middle-eastern neighbors....

They're trying to provoke the UN to do something, and make them look bad.

The Iranian President is a douchebag.......

nsoufiani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nsoufiani
Member since 2004 • 1829 Posts

i dont think irans gunna be around too much longer...Def_Jef88

assumption lead to mistakes.

You think Iran is like Iraq? you think just cos america did what it did to iraq that it could do the same in iran? get a life boy.

SS11SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SS11SS
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts
It's because their president looks so much like Don Bourke.
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#24 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
why are they publicly humiliating the British troops? by making them appologize on tv blindfolded and such and refusing to release them. Shouldnt the rest of the world hate them now? It's not like every time an illegal immigrant comes to America, we put them on television making them appologize for all to see, otherwise we'd have a full broadcast, we get thousands of illegal citizens entering our waters and land every day. Other countries get that too, even Britain. I think Iran needs to just relax and maitain some peace rather than taking this over the top and refusing mistakes.ncderek
The Iranian government is pretending to be powerful by showing off.
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
The UN should get their finger out and take some direct action, instead of going all round the houses on this.
DrEru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DrEru
Member since 2005 • 284 Posts

I don't want to sound patronising, but international politics is usually very complicated.  To assume that everybody shares the same view of something (even something you may consider an obvious fact) is inadvisable.  We could equally well be having a similar discussion in Iran about the American detention of 'diplomats' in Iraq or Guantanamo Bay.

This kind of thing happened (on both sides) during the cold war and will continue to happen in highly militarised and politically sensitive areas throughout the world.

That said I think that (if the official UK version is true) this was a generally unwise move by Iran, and (with the exception of the enormous emotional toll it must have on the captives) will all blow over in time if handled correctly.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
At first I was against a war with Iran but my opinion is rapidly changing....jointed

And that is exactly what they are trying to accomplish. If the west can resist such eggings-on, then they will prove themselves the better group.

This whole conflict is like two ****ing children arguing over something... "No! It is MY water! How can it be your water, it is Iraq's water! But we have your soldiers and will do something bad to them! No don't do that! If you do that we will kill you! You couldn't kill us even if you tried! Oh really!? Wanna test that!?"

It is sickening what humans are doing to each other... we ARE ALL EQUAL... get it through your thick skulls already... god... I hope the human race destroys itself... before we corrupt any alien races with the atrocious behaviour...
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
People need to remember that we are seeing all of the news thru the eye of the western media. It will obviously be slanted in a certain way. I'm not excusing Iran's actions, but like it's been said above, the situation over there is a lot more complicated than what they are telling us. I personally don't pass judgement on either side, because I'm not naive enough to believe anything either side says. It's just a bunch of smoke and mirrors.
greeneye59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 greeneye59
Member since 2003 • 1079 Posts

They're trying to push our buttons and make the west commit to an aggressive military action.  And then claim we're trying to take over the Middle East and destroy Islam".  People will buy into that which will further dimish our leverage in disabling their nuclear program.  Think about it.  What's the best way for the Iranians to accomplish their nuclear goals unfettered?  (you conspiracy theorists should already know the answer)  You cause an international incident.  And use it as an excuse to do bad things.

I'm praying we don't take the bait. 

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheCrazed420

They're trying to push our buttons and make the west commit to an aggressive military action.  And then claim we're trying to take over the Middle East and destroy Islam".  People will buy into that which will further dimish our leverage in disabling their nuclear program.  Think about it.  What's the best way for the Iranians to accomplish their nuclear goals unfettered?  (you conspiracy theorists should already know the answer)  You cause an international incident.  And use it as an excuse to do bad things.

I'm praying we don't take the bait. 

greeneye59
So what is the West's purpose in the Middle East then? And what allows the US to demand that another country ends it's nuclear program while they have enough nukes themselves to eradicate the entire surface of the earth? Think about it. What's the best way for the Americans to nullify any growing threat to their way of life and their current superpower status? Cause unrest and utter chaos in societies that openly oppose them in the name of democracy. An use that as an excuse to do bad things.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#31 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I find it very strange that they're doing this. Of course, being on the "Westerners" side of the table, I have little choice otherwise. Iran sent the Uk the GPS coordinates to the location of the British when they were captured. It turned out that they were in Iraqi waters, so the Iranians sent them another set of coordinates that were in Iranian waters. :? Talk about a botched operation....Of course, intellegence on either side could change the coordinates. The public can't really ever know without turning back time.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheCrazed420
[QUOTE="BranKetra"]I find it very strange that they're doing this. Of course, being on the "Westerners" side of the table, I have little choice otherwise. Iran sent the Uk the GPS coordinates to the location of the British when they were captured. It turned out that they were in Iraqi waters, so the Iranians sent them another set of coordinates that were in Iranian waters. :? Talk about a botched operation....Of course, intellegence on either side could change the coordinates. The public can't really ever know without turning back time.

Exactly. Both countries have the means to falsify information. So who do we believe?
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#33 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
[QUOTE="TheCrazed420"][QUOTE="BranKetra"]I find it very strange that they're doing this. Of course, being on the "Westerners" side of the table, I have little choice otherwise. Iran sent the Uk the GPS coordinates to the location of the British when they were captured. It turned out that they were in Iraqi waters, so the Iranians sent them another set of coordinates that were in Iranian waters. :? Talk about a botched operation....Of course, intellegence on either side could change the coordinates. The public can't really ever know without turning back time.

Exactly. Both countries have the means to falsify information. So who do we believe?

This is the point where people begin to realize that following the bandwagon will take you far, but it could also take you on the path to falling off a cliff. The choice is theirs: follow the bandwagon or think on their own.
Hiddai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#34 Hiddai
Member since 2004 • 6117 Posts
[QUOTE="-Karayan-"][QUOTE="jointed"]

You mean the Arab countries...I live in Israel we are USA allies but we are in th mid east...
Bozanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#35 Bozanimal
Member since 2003 • 2500 Posts
[QUOTE="Bozanimal"]

[QUOTE="ncderek"]...Iran needs to just relax and maitain some peace rather than taking this over the top and refusing mistakes.NWA_31

Ive seen enough Iranians parading down the streets with a burning American flag to know its not just their leader

Seeing a few extremists burning U.S. flags does not give anyone the right to condemn an entire country. Take a good look at our own citizens:

2005 Flag burning in LASoutherner burning US flagYet more flag burning by US citizens

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheCrazed420
[QUOTE="NWA_31"][QUOTE="Bozanimal"]

[QUOTE="ncderek"]...Iran needs to just relax and maitain some peace rather than taking this over the top and refusing mistakes.Bozanimal

Seeing a few extremists burning U.S. flags does not give anyone the right to condemn an entire country. Take a good look at our own citizens:

2005 Flag burning in LASoutherner burning US flagYet more flag burning by US citizens

And to call anyone an extremist just because he's burning a piece of cloth is ridiculous. When I see a person burning a flag, I don't want to hurt him, I want to ask him why he's doing it. People don't just wake up one day and do these typoe's of things. It's usually a reaction to something.
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
Who knows, but if Iran do something stupid like lock them up or kill them the UK will give them a royal beat down. We should just send the SAS in and get them back, no one can touch the damn SAS, Chuck Norris cant even get into the SAS.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheCrazed420
Who knows, but if Iran do something stupid like lock them up or kill them the UK will give them a royal beat down. We should just send the SAS in and get them back, no one can touch the damn SAS, Chuck Norris cant even get into the SAS.V4LENT1NE
Meh, the JTFII would eat the SAS up for dinner. :P
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"]Who knows, but if Iran do something stupid like lock them up or kill them the UK will give them a royal beat down. We should just send the SAS in and get them back, no one can touch the damn SAS, Chuck Norris cant even get into the SAS.TheCrazed420

Who the hell are they? lol 

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheCrazed420

[QUOTE="TheCrazed420"][QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"]Who knows, but if Iran do something stupid like lock them up or kill them the UK will give them a royal beat down. We should just send the SAS in and get them back, no one can touch the damn SAS, Chuck Norris cant even get into the SAS.V4LENT1NE

Who the hell are they? lol 

Canadian Special Forces. We may not have the best military, but our special forces are very well respected and highly regarded around the world. I'm just poking fun though.
-Karayan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -Karayan-
Who knows, but if Iran do something stupid like lock them up or kill them the UK will give them a royal beat down. We should just send the SAS in and get them back, no one can touch the damn SAS, Chuck Norris cant even get into the SAS.V4LENT1NE
Send Bond, James Bond.
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts

It doesn't matter what they do any more,they have no morals and the world already hates them.

I think both America and Britain should stop interfering with their war and just let them all kill each other,there hates goes back 100's of years there's no stopping them imo

Mr_Manikin52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Mr_Manikin52
Member since 2004 • 12300 Posts

why are they publicly humiliating the British troops? by making them appologize on tv blindfolded and such and refusing to release them.  Shouldnt the rest of the world hate them now? It's not like every time an illegal immigrant comes to America, we put them on television making them appologize for all to see, otherwise we'd have a full broadcast, we get thousands of illegal citizens entering our waters and land every day. Other countries get that too, even Britain. I think Iran needs to just relax and maitain some peace rather than taking this over the top and refusing mistakes.ncderek

Iran's Mullahs took the British sailors since they think that the Europeans are the weak link.

http://www.ncr-iran.org/

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TheCrazed420

It doesn't matter what they do any more,they have no morals and the world already hates them.

I think both America and Britain should stop interfering with their what and just let them all kill each other,there hates goes back 100's of years there's no stopping them imo 

blacktorn
It's this type of ignorant generalizing that let's these countries do what they want. Don't you ask yourself why the Brit's and American's are there in the first place? Aren't you interested in knowing why they hate each other? Do you really just want them to kill each other? Engage yourself a bit more...
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheCrazed420

[QUOTE="ncderek"]why are they publicly humiliating the British troops? by making them appologize on tv blindfolded and such and refusing to release them.  Shouldnt the rest of the world hate them now? It's not like every time an illegal immigrant comes to America, we put them on television making them appologize for all to see, otherwise we'd have a full broadcast, we get thousands of illegal citizens entering our waters and land every day. Other countries get that too, even Britain. I think Iran needs to just relax and maitain some peace rather than taking this over the top and refusing mistakes.Mr_Manikin52

Iran's Mullahs took the British sailors since they think that the Europeans are the weak link.

WOW. That site isnt biased. It's called the National Council of Resistance of Iran. Do you seriously believe they will give a balanced viewpoint?
Mr_Manikin52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mr_Manikin52
[QUOTE="Mr_Manikin52"]

[QUOTE="ncderek"]why are they publicly humiliating the British troops? by making them appologize on tv blindfolded and such and refusing to release them.  Shouldnt the rest of the world hate them now? It's not like every time an illegal immigrant comes to America, we put them on television making them appologize for all to see, otherwise we'd have a full broadcast, we get thousands of illegal citizens entering our waters and land every day. Other countries get that too, even Britain. I think Iran needs to just relax and maitain some peace rather than taking this over the top and refusing mistakes.TheCrazed420

WOW. That site isnt biased. It's called the National Council of Resistance of Iran. Do you seriously believe they will give a balanced viewpoint?

Yes I do! Maybe you should ask my neighbor who left Iran during the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

They are our best hope for a free Iran!

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TheCrazed420
[QUOTE="TheCrazed420"][QUOTE="Mr_Manikin52"]

[QUOTE="ncderek"]why are they publicly humiliating the British troops? by making them appologize on tv blindfolded and such and refusing to release them.  Shouldnt the rest of the world hate them now? It's not like every time an illegal immigrant comes to America, we put them on television making them appologize for all to see, otherwise we'd have a full broadcast, we get thousands of illegal citizens entering our waters and land every day. Other countries get that too, even Britain. I think Iran needs to just relax and maitain some peace rather than taking this over the top and refusing mistakes.Mr_Manikin52

Yes I do! Maybe you should ask my neighbor who left Iran during the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

My apologies, after reading a bit of the site, it seems it's a resistance of Iranians against the current regime of Iran. Is that a correct assumption?
Mr_Manikin52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Mr_Manikin52
[QUOTE="Mr_Manikin52"][QUOTE="TheCrazed420"][QUOTE="Mr_Manikin52"]

[QUOTE="ncderek"]why are they publicly humiliating the British troops? by making them appologize on tv blindfolded and such and refusing to release them.  Shouldnt the rest of the world hate them now? It's not like every time an illegal immigrant comes to America, we put them on television making them appologize for all to see, otherwise we'd have a full broadcast, we get thousands of illegal citizens entering our waters and land every day. Other countries get that too, even Britain. I think Iran needs to just relax and maitain some peace rather than taking this over the top and refusing mistakes.TheCrazed420

My apologies, after reading a bit of the site, it seems it's a resistance of Iranians against the current regime of Iran. Is that a correct assumption?

Yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts
They are bidding their time to continue to spend their worthless propaganda. It's fairly aggravating. I say the British, along with it's allies cut off most ties with the country until they free them.
ufopuller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#50 ufopuller
Member since 2004 • 6054 Posts

At first I was against a war with Iran but my opinion is rapidly changing....jointed
Like - just more fuel for the fire