Why do you reject God and/or His Prophet Muhammad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

Judaism and Islam are COMPLETELY different. Judaism and Christianity are more similar to each other, historically. Islam came out of nowhere, while the other two religions basically continued from one another.

Macanada

In a roundabout way I believe you are correct.

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#152 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
[QUOTE="michaelP4"][QUOTE="Vagal_Fiddle_6"]Secondly I want to know why western atheists believe what they believe, maybe it'll change my stance on things who knows.Vagal_Fiddle_6
The reason I am an Atheist is because there is no physical proof of the existence of any God(s). Until there is, all Religions claim they are correct, which can't be true for them all. If there is a God, I'm sure he can understand why I am an Atheist. Either way, religious or not, I believe your life is to be lived to its best. It doesn't matter what Religion is correct, it only matters on how you live your life.

All the religions could be partially true, atleast most of them. But an investigation in their claims would help I think... If God created life then why do you think that the creator has no right on how you live?

There is no proof though that the claims that Religions make are (even partially) true, or that they even happened. In your 3rd sentence, you are assuming God does exist, and if God was proven to exist, he would indeed have every right to decide how I should live. But there isn't any physical proof that God exists, so I believe I can live in any way I want, just like an animal. However, I am Human. There is more to my life than basic animal instincts, like I enjoy video games for example.
soldier-dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 soldier-dark
Member since 2005 • 5909 Posts

[QUOTE="soldier-dark"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Actually it was to retake the holy land that had been taken over by the Muslims. It wasn't a counter. And chessmaster is right. Theo had the dates wrong.

LJS9502_basic

Actually, it was probably a ploy by the pope to get the European kingdoms to stop fighting with each other, regardless of spoken intentions.

No. His ulterior motive was to cement himself as the one head of the church. The Byzantive Empire was around at the time as well and there were two branches to the religion. Since the land had been taken the pope thought if he got it back it would help his cause. The Byzantive Empire had asked for help as they were under attack as well.

Well, yeah, that would go along with it. If he unites all the people claiming power from his religion, than he has his power over them solidified.
Vagal_Fiddle_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Vagal_Fiddle_6
Member since 2009 • 219 Posts
[QUOTE="Zathic"][QUOTE="nimatoad2000"]Islam is very violent religion. in the quaran it says something along the lines of " their is only one god, and muhammad is the only prophet, and those who do not accept this must be extinguished"nimatoad2000
Islam is not a violent religion don't take hear-say from your friends (or whoever) as truth or you will come off looking ignorant as you have.

my family is iranian, i think they know more than you. that phrase is in the quaran. also in iran and the other middle eastern countries, if they find out you do not follow islam or you converted to something else.. your dead.. its that simple.. their is only one god, muhhamed is the only prophet, if you do not believe this, you shall die. their is no ignorance here buddy.

It's a man made law "countries" have, Islam doesnt teach that sorry!!
soldier-dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 soldier-dark

[QUOTE="soldier-dark"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

And you aren't understanding what I'm saying: the roots of the three religions does not equal how the religions are now; perhaps if they were founded at the same time this would be true, but they are not, and since the beliefs of the Messiah and how he affects God are very, very crucial to the beliefs of all three religions, they cannot possibly be worshipping the same God.

Yes, they disagree on what God wants, and yes, they disagree on God's qualities; but it's God's wants and qualities that make Him God in the first place.

Theokhoth

They all believe they are following the god that spoke to Abraham. This is why I consider it the same god in all religions.

And they became different gods when they began to disagree on what the God that spoke to Abraham actually said.

That's up to personal perception. I would still consider it the same god, but people having different interpretations on it.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="MotherSuperior"] If you absolutely know of God, please share your knowledge with everyone.MotherSuperior

Strawman; I never said I did. I'm saying that for you to say nobody does is self-refuting--and immature. Children typically can't recognise that there are people in the world who may know something they don't.

Chopping up my posts again, I see.

When you have something substantial to say, I won't chop up your posts.

So you don't know that God exists?

Sure. I just can't prove it.

Damn.

Sucks, duhinit?

Surely I thought you could provide that knowledge.

No you didn't.

I guess my statement that nobody knows still stands true.

Nope. If you changed your statement to "nobody can prove it," it would make significantly more sense. As it stands, however, you are in fact claiming omniscience.

I'm quite aware of the fact that some people know things that I don't know.

Good, then you shouldn't have this big a problem acknowledging that there might be somebody who knows God exists among the seven billion people in the world besides yourself.

However by the same token, since it's impossible to know for a fact that God exists

Another omniscience claim.

, that knowledge is something that everyone alive will never learn.

Vagal_Fiddle_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Vagal_Fiddle_6
[QUOTE="soldier-dark"][QUOTE="nimatoad2000"]Islam is very violent religion. in the quaran it says something along the lines of " their is only one god, and muhammad is the only prophet, and those who do not accept this must be extinguished"nimatoad2000
I would suggest not going around trying to argue this when you yourself know that your quoting something roughly. It all has to do with translation and interpretation.

my dad has read the quaran many times, in farsi, so nothing gets ruined in the translation.. it says if you do not believe, you must die.. in iran they kill people if you do not believe.. argue that.

Post some verses please...I dont care what anyone is iran or anywhere else does...prove it that the resligion says so! Btw farsi and arabic are far away.:|
soldier-dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 soldier-dark

[QUOTE="Vagal_Fiddle_6"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

Some people say Christianity only exists due to Egyptian paganism, but that doesn't mean we all worship Horus.

If you look into it, you find that the three are distinguishable. Jesus is the main key.

Theokhoth

Judaism and Islam arent that much different, christianity is a bit away from both as worshipping a human as God is a deadly sin in both judaism and Islam.

It is in Christianity, too. . .

Yet Jesus is considered both human and divine?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="Vagal_Fiddle_6"]Judaism and Islam arent that much different, christianity is a bit away from both as worshipping a human as God is a deadly sin in both judaism and Islam.soldier-dark

God in human form....

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="soldier-dark"] They all believe they are following the god that spoke to Abraham. This is why I consider it the same god in all religions.soldier-dark

And they became different gods when they began to disagree on what the God that spoke to Abraham actually said.

That's up to personal perception. I would still consider it the same god, but people having different interpretations on it.

I hate it when people do this. If two people are in a room, and one says aliens exist, and the other says they don't, only one of them can be correct.

In other words: no, it isn't a matter of perception; either one of us is right, or we're both wrong and someone else is right. Chalking it up to perception and interpretation and preference is a waste of time.

Macanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Macanada
Member since 2009 • 197 Posts

[QUOTE="nimatoad2000"][QUOTE="soldier-dark"] I would suggest not going around trying to argue this when you yourself know that your quoting something roughly. It all has to do with translation and interpretation.Vagal_Fiddle_6
my dad has read the quaran many times, in farsi, so nothing gets ruined in the translation.. it says if you do not believe, you must die.. in iran they kill people if you do not believe.. argue that.

Post some verses please...I dont care what anyone is iran or anywhere else does...prove it that the resligion says so! Btw farsi and arabic are far away.:|

Hmm? Many people in different countries converted from Islam to Christianity or Judaism, and what did they recieve? DEATH THREATS, THREATS TO HURT THEIR FAMILY, ETC. Google it if you want.

Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Gallion-Beast
Member since 2005 • 35803 Posts
[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="Vagal_Fiddle_6"]Judaism and Islam arent that much different, christianity is a bit away from both as worshipping a human as God is a deadly sin in both judaism and Islam.soldier-dark

I think it's more like Superman, just being in human form without the weakness. And I don't think there's anything specifically against worshipping aliens.
Vagal_Fiddle_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Vagal_Fiddle_6

Because Islam is no more valid than any of the other umpty ump religions out there.

They all think they're right, they all have the same amount of evidence and they all lack quantifiable, physical proof to back their claims.

RadBooley
"they all have the same amount of evidence" You obviously didnt read the thread.:(
soldier-dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 soldier-dark

Theokhoth

I hate it when people do this. If two people are in a room, and one says aliens exist, and the other says they don't, only one of them can be correct.

In other words: no, it isn't a matter of perception; either one of us is right, or we're both wrong and someone else is right. Chalking it up to perception and interpretation and preference is a waste of time.

Look, let's take the Bible. People will take the same version of it, yet they claim it's saying different things. It's still the same bible, but they think it means different things. Same with the interpretation of God's words to Abraham.
RadBooley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 RadBooley
Member since 2008 • 1237 Posts

[QUOTE="RadBooley"]

Because Islam is no more valid than any of the other umpty ump religions out there.

They all think they're right, they all have the same amount of evidence and they all lack quantifiable, physical proof to back their claims.

Vagal_Fiddle_6

"they all have the same amount of evidence" You obviously didnt read the thread.:(

I did. I've been following it, actually.

However, reading the thread didn't change my conclusion.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 LJS9502_basic

Look, let's take the Bible. People will take the same version of it, yet they claim it's saying different things. It's still the same bible, but they think it means different things. Same with the interpretation of God's words to Abraham.soldier-dark
That means they don't understand it.

Vagal_Fiddle_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Vagal_Fiddle_6
[QUOTE="soldier-dark"][QUOTE="Vagal_Fiddle_6"][QUOTE="soldier-dark"] Well, the thing is, he had tons of support, but if he were to claim to be the son of God I'm sure he wouldn't have had as easy of a time getting that support; it's a pretty risky move. He could have decided he had enough believers in him with the visions he claimed to have.

1.I dont totally deny the possibility but it's just that loking at his life, it's too logical to blame muhammad of intentional lying, planing and an evil mind. He even refused riches of worldy pleasures in exchange for giving up his preaching.. 2. Anyone can make up something. Their actions determine intentions and\or validity. What did any of these people do? And dont give me an event whoz credibility of having happened is low... 3. That doesnt answer the protrait thing at all. Honestly you just have to see the long list of failed prophets immediately after muhammad to realise the divinity behind it, God does not allow false prophets to fool people for long. Their were even prophets who made pre-marital sex unforbidden, these are the sorts of things that planners and liers would bring in who were making up religion themselves.

Ever think Muhammed thought that it would be easy to counsel all the tribes in Arabia by uniting them under a religion? Because that's pretty much what his religion did, allowed him to bring order to the area he was in. I don't think just because someone does something good it automatically means they're leading a true religion. Hey, Jesus was a pretty nice guy but you seem to think he's wrong. The point about Muhammed making a religion to bring order can apply to your third point as well. Since he wasn't using it to gain a lot of power, he wasn't thrown out. The people following Muhammed were claiming divine rights so they could gain power, and of course people didn't like this.

So what does muhammad gain out of it? Oh wait you are saying that he was too woried about everyone and wanted something for their betterment? And despite being the embodimnet of truthworthiness, he decided to lie on this matter? You KNOW it that it just doesnt make sense at all... When did I say that jesus was wrong? I said his teachings have been twisted...if you can prove me that he claimed to be the son of God then I'll leave my religion right now...
Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Gallion-Beast
[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]

[QUOTE="Zathic"] Islam is not a violent religion don't take hear-say from your friends (or whoever) as truth or you will come off looking ignorant as you have.Zathic

Have you been paying attention to what has been going on in the world these days by chance? All one needs to do is look at the news to get some idea of the attrocities people commit in the name of religion. I don't think he needs to listen to his friends to do that.

Key word is PEOPLE commit these crimes, he said the religion is violent which is ridiculous to say that every Muslim is violent. There are fanatics in every religion I'm simply saying that the ENTIRE religion is not violent.

He did not say every Muslim is violent. If a religion commits significant amounts of violence (and the only way a religion can do anything is when believers act in it's name), saying it is violent seems like a fair statement.
MotherSuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#170 MotherSuperior
Member since 2003 • 3745 Posts

[QUOTE="MotherSuperior"][QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

Strawman; I never said I did. I'm saying that for you to say nobody does is self-refuting--and immature. Children typically can't recognise that there are people in the world who may know something they don't.

Theokhoth

Chopping up my posts again, I see.

Damn.

Sucks, duhinit?

No you didn't.

Nope. If you changed your statement to "nobody can prove it," it would make significantly more sense. As it stands, however, you are in fact claiming omniscience.

Good, then you shouldn't have this big a problem acknowledging that there might be somebody who knows God exists among the seven billion people in the world besides yourself.

However by the same token, since it's impossible to know for a fact that God exists

None of your posts have been intellectually stimulating in the least, but I never chopped them up. Instead, I choose to include every word so people can read your foolishness. Anyway, I guess you're right that a person could personally know that God exists, but that would be purely opinionated or delusional thinking. Not factual knowledge.
soldier-dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 soldier-dark

[QUOTE="Vagal_Fiddle_6"][QUOTE="nimatoad2000"] my dad has read the quaran many times, in farsi, so nothing gets ruined in the translation.. it says if you do not believe, you must die.. in iran they kill people if you do not believe.. argue that.Macanada

Hmm? Many people in different countries converted from Islam to Christianity or Judaism, and what did they recieve? DEATH THREATS, THREATS TO HURT THEIR FAMILY, ETC. Google it if you want.

That doesn't mean that the religion says that. It means that the people who claim to follow the religion say so. Just because they think their interpretation is correct does not mean it is.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 LJS9502_basic

He did not say every Muslim is violent. If a religion commits significant amounts of violence (and the only way a religion can do anything is when believers act in it's name), saying it is violent seems like a fair statement.Gallion-Beast
That only proves people are violent....

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="soldier-dark"] That's up to personal perception. I would still consider it the same god, but people having different interpretations on it.soldier-dark

Look, let's take the Bible. People will take the same version of it, yet they claim it's saying different things. It's still the same bible, but they think it means different things. Same with the interpretation of God's words to Abraham.

Yes, and many interpretations amount to a load of ****. There's one interpretation that says the Garden was in Atlantis; there's another that says the prophet Daniel was a modern-day man who went back in time and invented CD's; the fact that an interpretation exists does not and can not by any conceivable rule of logic make it automatically equal to any and every other. This kind of postmodern garbage is parasitic in that all it encourages is intellectual dishonesty and lazy thinking; "Oh, you have your way and I have mine, so let's all stop trying to improve/find the truth of the matter, 'cuz we're all right!"

soldier-dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 soldier-dark
[QUOTE="Vagal_Fiddle_6"][QUOTE="soldier-dark"][QUOTE="Vagal_Fiddle_6"]1.I dont totally deny the possibility but it's just that loking at his life, it's too logical to blame muhammad of intentional lying, planing and an evil mind. He even refused riches of worldy pleasures in exchange for giving up his preaching.. 2. Anyone can make up something. Their actions determine intentions and\or validity. What did any of these people do? And dont give me an event whoz credibility of having happened is low... 3. That doesnt answer the protrait thing at all. Honestly you just have to see the long list of failed prophets immediately after muhammad to realise the divinity behind it, God does not allow false prophets to fool people for long. Their were even prophets who made pre-marital sex unforbidden, these are the sorts of things that planners and liers would bring in who were making up religion themselves.

Ever think Muhammed thought that it would be easy to counsel all the tribes in Arabia by uniting them under a religion? Because that's pretty much what his religion did, allowed him to bring order to the area he was in. I don't think just because someone does something good it automatically means they're leading a true religion. Hey, Jesus was a pretty nice guy but you seem to think he's wrong. The point about Muhammed making a religion to bring order can apply to your third point as well. Since he wasn't using it to gain a lot of power, he wasn't thrown out. The people following Muhammed were claiming divine rights so they could gain power, and of course people didn't like this.

So what does muhammad gain out of it? Oh wait you are saying that he was too woried about everyone and wanted something for their betterment? And despite being the embodimnet of truthworthiness, he decided to lie on this matter? You KNOW it that it just doesnt make sense at all...

Actually, it does. Why wouldn't he if it would fix a lot of the problems around him at the time? People today do those kinds of things, they lie so they can fix problems.
RadBooley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 RadBooley
Member since 2008 • 1237 Posts

[QUOTE="Gallion-Beast"] He did not say every Muslim is violent. If a religion commits significant amounts of violence (and the only way a religion can do anything is when believers act in it's name), saying it is violent seems like a fair statement.LJS9502_basic

True, but you've got to admit, he has got a point.

How many violent Buddhist monks are out there? :P

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="MotherSuperior"] Chopping up my posts again, I see.

Damn.

Sucks, duhinit?

No you didn't.

MotherSuperior

None of your posts have been intellectually stimulating in the least, but I never chopped them up.

No, you just kept insulting me and saying you were done with the discussion. . .

Instead, I choose to include every word so people can read your foolishness.

Goody; I did the nice thing by eliminating most of yours.

Anyway, I guess you're right that a person could personally know that God exists, but that would be purely opinionated or delusional thinking. Not factual knowledge.

Factual knowledge is not based on universal proof, so no, it wouldn't necessarily be based on opinion or delusion (a delusion is when the facts go the opposite way. . .).

Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Gallion-Beast
[QUOTE="Zathic"][QUOTE="Gallion-Beast"][QUOTE="Zathic"] Constructive criticism is one thing, but plain out bad-mouthing a religion is just as inherently wrong in my opinion.

Whether or not it's right would obviously be have to be taken on a case by case basis, but if something does harm or promotes ignorance, calling it out on being harmful and ignorant instead of suggesting that they treat heathens better or if they could change their sacred holy text to be more tolerant is not wrong. You can't really constructively criticise a belief set based on the divine, as any faults would mean a fault in their god, which would shatter most religious beliefs entirely if they were to accept that.

True you can't constructively criticize any religion but I was only arguing on one person's point that: "Islam is a violent religion" which I think is generalizing the entire religion unfairly.

But you were claiming any criticism to a religion (and no specific religion) is equally as wrong as racism. if he's wrong it's fair to say why, not to condemn his right to say it regardless of whether it's right or wrong.
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
Because he hasn't shown up at my apartment to argue his case.
Vagal_Fiddle_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Vagal_Fiddle_6

[QUOTE="Infinite-Zr0"][QUOTE="nimatoad2000"]Islam is very violent religion. in the quaran it says something along the lines of " their is only one god, and muhammad is the only prophet, and those who do not accept this must be extinguished"Wolf-Man2006

You've never heard of the Christian Crusades?

The Crusades were only done by people who called themselves Christians.

Anyway, I believe in the one God, that Jesus was the son of God, and that the Bible is the word of God. I reject Allah and his Prophet Muhammad for that reason.

Why would God's word have grave scientific flaws??
Vagal_Fiddle_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Vagal_Fiddle_6
[QUOTE="Gallion-Beast"] To use the predictable one, Hitler Or Al Queda. (Comparing the strong belief, no implications that Muhammad or Jesus were evil)

Hitler was following a philoshophy not a "belief". Beside he had everything to gain from it so he could be doing it becasue of his lust for power. Your second example is an organised "group", it does not fall in the category at all.
soldier-dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 soldier-dark

Theokhoth

Yes, and many interpretations amount to a load of ****. There's one interpretation that says the Garden was in Atlantis; there's another that says the prophet Daniel was a modern-day man who went back in time and invented CD's; the fact that an interpretation exists does not and can not by any conceivable rule of logic make it automatically equal to any and every other. This kind of postmodern garbage is parasitic in that all it encourages is intellectual dishonesty and lazy thinking; "Oh, you have your way and I have mine, so let's all stop trying to improve/find the truth of the matter, 'cuz we're all right!"

No, what I'm saying is, they're still following the same bible despite what they think it means. It doesn't mean that their ideas are the same, but where they're getting them from is the same.
Macanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Macanada

[QUOTE="Wolf-Man2006"]

[QUOTE="Infinite-Zr0"] You've never heard of the Christian Crusades?Vagal_Fiddle_6

Anyway, I believe in the one God, that Jesus was the son of God, and that the Bible is the word of God. I reject Allah and his Prophet Muhammad for that reason.

Because God has nothing to do with science. All science should be credited to man (and woman)

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="soldier-dark"] Look, let's take the Bible. People will take the same version of it, yet they claim it's saying different things. It's still the same bible, but they think it means different things. Same with the interpretation of God's words to Abraham.soldier-dark

No, what I'm saying is, they're still following the same bible despite what they think it means. It doesn't mean that their ideas are the same, but where they're getting them from is the same.

That's fine, but they way they're reading it may be completely wrong. Both people can look into space and disagree on the existence of aliens, but only one can be right.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="Vagal_Fiddle_6"][QUOTE="Wolf-Man2006"]

Macanada

Because God has nothing to do with science. All science should be credited to man (and woman)

Science is man's understanding of the universe.....

Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Gallion-Beast

[QUOTE="Gallion-Beast"] He did not say every Muslim is violent. If a religion commits significant amounts of violence (and the only way a religion can do anything is when believers act in it's name), saying it is violent seems like a fair statement.LJS9502_basic

Religions are just a collection of people. If the actions (good and bad people do based on their religion cannot be connected to that religion, then religions can never have greater significance than club houses. No good of religion is just attributed to "Well people are good".
Vagal_Fiddle_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Vagal_Fiddle_6
[QUOTE="soldier-dark"][QUOTE="Vagal_Fiddle_6"][QUOTE="soldier-dark"] You say that, but let's take a religion like Christianity. There is evidence of the existence of Jesus. Now, I'm not saying that's a reason to believe in it as I certainly don't, but there isn't really argument on whether Jesus existed or not. But if you want to take the Bible as the evidence, well then that could just as well be said about the Quran and God's existence in either.

There is certainly no conslusive evidence of what jesus actually preached... We dont have a record of his life, I just find it very difficult to take things seriously becasue of that.

We don't have uncontestable evidence of the validity of Muhammed's statements. I find it very difficult to believe in the God he claims to be the prophet of when we have no proof of this God.

We have as much evidence as you really need to believe in a part of history. "Proof" is not there of God but it's more logical to believe in Him than otherwise when you bring in the intelligent design argument as well into the mix.
Macanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Macanada

[QUOTE="Macanada"]

[QUOTE="Vagal_Fiddle_6"]Why would God's word have grave scientific flaws??LJS9502_basic

Science is man's understanding of the universe.....

Yes, the way you said it sounds much better and understandable :P

Vagal_Fiddle_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Vagal_Fiddle_6

Rejecting Muhammad as a prophet does not mean one is rejecting God.

LJS9502_basic
Ofcourse that was directed towards atheists and agnostics.I eidted the title, thankz for pointing it out.
Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Gallion-Beast
In my opinion it seemed like he was saying that every Muslim is violent or is taught to do violent things through the Koran. Just because people say they do things for a religion doesn't mean the religion had anything to do with it. Many times people who do terrible things in the name of religion do it for their own personal gain and twist the religion to fit their needs.Zathic
People who kill themselves for religious glory are pretty unlikely to do it for any benefit for themselves other than what the religion promises them in exchange.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Gallion-Beast"] He did not say every Muslim is violent. If a religion commits significant amounts of violence (and the only way a religion can do anything is when believers act in it's name), saying it is violent seems like a fair statement.Gallion-Beast

Religions are just a collection of people. If the actions (good and bad people do based on their religion cannot be connected to that religion, then religions can never have greater significance than club houses. No good of religion is just attributed to "Well people are good".

Not true. One con pervert even the best message. That is the fault of the individual.

Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Gallion-Beast
[QUOTE="Vagal_Fiddle_6"][QUOTE="Gallion-Beast"] To use the predictable one, Hitler Or Al Queda. (Comparing the strong belief, no implications that Muhammad or Jesus were evil)

Hitler was following a philoshophy not a "belief". Beside he had everything to gain from it so he could be doing it becasue of his lust for power. Your second example is an organised "group", it does not fall in the category at all.

He believed Jews were inferior and to blame for the wreck germany was before he rebuilt. He died due to acting on this belief.
Macanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Macanada

[QUOTE="Zathic"]In my opinion it seemed like he was saying that every Muslim is violent or is taught to do violent things through the Koran. Just because people say they do things for a religion doesn't mean the religion had anything to do with it. Many times people who do terrible things in the name of religion do it for their own personal gain and twist the religion to fit their needs.Gallion-Beast
People who kill themselves for religious glory are pretty unlikely to do it for any benefit for themselves other than what the religion promises them in exchange.

Exactly. What benefit would someone have to blow themselves up other than what religion promises them in the afterlife? It all relates to religion.

soldier-dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 soldier-dark
[QUOTE="Vagal_Fiddle_6"][QUOTE="soldier-dark"][QUOTE="Vagal_Fiddle_6"]There is certainly no conslusive evidence of what jesus actually preached... We dont have a record of his life, I just find it very difficult to take things seriously becasue of that.

We don't have uncontestable evidence of the validity of Muhammed's statements. I find it very difficult to believe in the God he claims to be the prophet of when we have no proof of this God.

We have as much evidence as you really need to believe in a part of history. "Proof" is not there of God but it's more logical to believe in Him than otherwise when you bring in the intelligent design argument as well into the mix.

No, it's just as logical either way to believe we exist by mere luck, or because of a god. There's no proof either way, so neither is better than the other.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#199 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]

[QUOTE="Zathic"] Islam is not a violent religion don't take hear-say from your friends (or whoever) as truth or you will come off looking ignorant as you have.Zathic

Have you been paying attention to what has been going on in the world these days by chance? All one needs to do is look at the news to get some idea of the attrocities people commit in the name of religion. I don't think he needs to listen to his friends to do that.

Key word is PEOPLE commit these crimes, he said the religion is violent which is ridiculous to say that every Muslim is violent. There are fanatics in every religion I'm simply saying that the ENTIRE religion is not violent.

Every religion is violent. It is the beliefs of the people that make it non violent. For instance, in the bible it states that you must stone certain people and put people to death because they act a certain way that is considered normal by todays standards. That is violence. IT is the morals and the beliefs of individuals that don't bring them to do such things. The exact same is true for Islam.

Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Gallion-Beast
[QUOTE="Zathic"] No I was saying bad-mouthing (unfairly) a religion is wrong and I'm not saying anything like he doesn't have the right to say it I was just trying to get him to see that the entire religion is not full of violent people because in the past that has proven dangerous.

It came off to me as looking like any insult to religion is immoral (and I'm reasonably sure it was phrased somewhat like that, if less direct), though if that was just poor communication, these things happen