Why do people hate non-straight people?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

breckcowboy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 breckcowboy25
Member since 2005 • 271 Posts
Why do some people have such a problem with gays? I'm straight, and I don't have bad feelings towards gay people. The way I see it, you're born gay....in most cases. You shouldn't be hated for something you can't help. I know I didn't choose to be straight, and I'm pretty sure you didnt choose what gender to be attracted to either.
MordusMythril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MordusMythril
Member since 2006 • 1135 Posts
I'm still trying to figure that one out. I guess it has to do with the fact that people are insecure about their sexuality and do the up-most to uphold social standards that state that you "have" to be attracted to the opposite sex. I don't buy into that, I sexually please myself with who I want, regardless of their sex or race, or whatever the hell it is people use to divide themselves.
SUPERheroes_DP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 SUPERheroes_DP
Member since 2005 • 1485 Posts

I don't get weirded out when I'm around them but some insecure people just freak out if they see one.

Rabid_Moogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rabid_Moogle
Member since 2006 • 285 Posts
Grr.
some people say its Iggknorant to say that people are born homosexual .People arent.
Its how theyre raised. and their influenced. .
theburg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 theburg
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts
Grr.
some people say its Iggknorant to say that people are born homosexual .People arent.
Its how theyre raised. and their influenced. .Rabid_Moogle
Some people become gay as a result of their life experiences up to maturity, some are indeed born gay and some actually do CHOOSE it. it is a very complex phenomonon so dont go around and try to say its only brought on from one angle because its not. Dont be 'iggknorant.'
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
Because the Bible told them it was wrong, and the Bible has never been wrong before. Creationism anyone? :roll:
Avatar image for deactivated-60a3c754d0a16
deactivated-60a3c754d0a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 deactivated-60a3c754d0a16
Member since 2002 • 9782 Posts

I think it has a lot to do with the social behaviours of youth. When we're young, boys and girls are thrust into a mini world of responsibility, socialization and hormones. It's a time for young men to find themselves as men, and women to find themselves as women. Stereotypes abound as young men and women adhere to exaggerated standards and perceived "adult" roles. It's my guess that anything falling outside of these perceived boundaries is frowned upon and aggressively attacked, except by those who have already reached a level of maturity required to see past such ridiculous sentiments.

blue_elephant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blue_elephant
Member since 2003 • 2954 Posts
If they didn't hate gay people they would hate some other group. I don't think it's really about them being gay so much as that the homophobes just picked a convenient avenue for their hatred. Although I don't know if that's true. I don't really claim to be able to understand their way of thinking.