Why Do People Hate Emo Kids So Much?

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CHAOSWEAV3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 CHAOSWEAV3R
Member since 2006 • 8293 Posts
Because "Emo Kids" have nothing else to do but cut themselves, act like they're sad all the damn time, and post on myspace.IsNotInterestes
There's my reason.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Misapplying labels doesn't make them correct....and hate is wrong in any form.SamXVII

Very true. But the fact remains that that's what people think of when they hear emo these days. And I don't hate them enough to ever act on it. I suppose I should say "strongly dislike"?

I've known people that call pepsi...coke.  Still doesn't make it so.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts
[QUOTE="SamXVII"]

[QUOTE="Beaman"]because people are ignorant and tend to stereotype the things they dont understand.Beaman

Emo kids go out of their way to become a walking stereotype. Just look at myspace. That site is full of millions of emo kids taking the same picture, wearing the same band tshirts, putting the same quotes in their profiles.... They're sheep. That's why I hate them. And that's why a lot of people hate them. And I think that's what they aim for.

see, what you just described is scene. It has nothing to do with emo. emo originated in the late 80's and became popular in the early 90's with bands like sunny day real estate.

"emo" of today, which is actually termed as scene is more of a subculture mixing the blind anger of punk and the darker emotions from goth.

uh, i didnt rly catch much of that

but i guess it makes sense... 

SamXVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SamXVII
Member since 2007 • 430 Posts
[QUOTE="SamXVII"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Misapplying labels doesn't make them correct....and hate is wrong in any form.LJS9502_basic

Very true. But the fact remains that that's what people think of when they hear emo these days. And I don't hate them enough to ever act on it. I suppose I should say "strongly dislike"?

I've known people that call pepsi...coke.  Still doesn't make it so.

It's all cola in the end :P

blackslim3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 blackslim3000
Member since 2007 • 1152 Posts

Because they think they're so awesome by cutting themselves. But they're not...blackslim3000

I have to admit, I did cut myself once though... just to see what the big deal about it was.... It's like getting a papercut. 

Beaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Beaman
Member since 2005 • 7305 Posts

[QUOTE="Beaman"]
see, what you just described is scene. It has nothing to do with emo. emo originated in the late 80's and became popular in the early 90's with bands like sunny day real estate.
SamXVII

Yeah, it's scene. And they call themselves emo. And so I call them emo. I also call them scene kids, and hipsters. Same thing, different name. And I like Sunny Day Real Estate.

haha well sunny day real estate is original emo my friend, real emo that actually sounds good.
seals44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 seals44
Member since 2006 • 959 Posts
They slit their wrists!!!!!!!!!!!!
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
I don't hate emos, but they just bother me a little bit due to the way they dress, wearing all the black, make-up, and piercings, I mean, is it all really necessary to put on all of that stuff?  Other than this minor thing they don't really bother me and I certainly don't bother them. 
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts

Maybe it's just some big joke, but kids seem to possibly hint at them not liking Emo kids. What's so wrong with them? No, I have never really talked to one, and I don't even know if I have seen one... So why don't people like them?

DeathScape666

Because trent reznor told me to.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#60 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
I don't know.
krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 krystians
Member since 2004 • 3577 Posts
One think that annoys me about them, is the fact that they all say they all wanna be different. And in the end they all dress the same doing all the same things, and complaining about how life is so against them.
johnnyv2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#62 johnnyv2003
Member since 2003 • 13762 Posts
i dont hate them...i just like laughing at them
L8erSquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 L8erSquare
Member since 2007 • 2599 Posts
Not everyone in the world likes each other... thats how wars get started :(
double_decker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#64 double_decker
Member since 2006 • 146090 Posts
I don't hate them, if they want to be depressed and mutilate themselves who am I to judge... I'm not pefect either
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
They slit their wrists!!!!!!!!!!!!seals44
Honestly, i think that's a pretty overused stereotype. I'm close with a handful of scene'rs, and a majority of them do not "slit their wrists," as many seem to believe. And as blackslim3000 said earlier, "they think they're so awesome by cutting themselves," which is obviously false. If they do indeed cut themselves, it's because that is how they deal with emotional anguish.

Yes, i do think they dress ridiculously, i do laugh at some of their appearances, but saying that every scene kid cuts him/herself and cries in a corner is an unnecessary stereotype.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16883 Posts

Sorry for what might be a long post...

Anyway, the reason that everyone truly hates them is what they represent.  They call themselves "emotional hardcore" when they're about as hardcore as a stale marshmallow.  I'll tell you what real emotional hardcore is:

Emotional hardcore is the mothers and fathers who lives in the inner city who are doing everything in their power to raise their kids to do the right things in life, when they have no outside help from anyone.  In an area where you have people doing drugs and kids carrying guns before the age of 12, this is no easy task.

Emotional hardcore are the men and women half a world away fighting in a war that's has kept them from their family and friends. Not being able to watch their children grow up, not being able share a tender kiss with their spouse and constantly wondering weither or not they'll live to see the day when they finally get to go home is enough to crush the spirit of anyone. But somehow they manage to summon the strength to keep going on.  THAT, my friends is true emotinal hardcore.

To all the kids who consider themselves emo, think about this for a moment. Seriously. If you honestly think that your meager problems are worse than this, do us all a favor and go whine about your "problems" at a Hot Topic, away from the rest of the world.

Again, sorry for the long post.

KrazyPlaya005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 KrazyPlaya005
Member since 2004 • 842 Posts
Man I must be getting old. All this emo crap wasn't a big deal when I was in high school (six years ago).
woody998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#68 woody998
Member since 2005 • 2719 Posts
When things get tough or when puberty hits hard, that is the shaping period for the most part of the person they shall become, when you dont get the girl you like, fall out with people, get in a fight, mistreated, many normal people get angry at the world and the system as a whole, resulting in ghetto/hood culture, brittish chavs/neds and anti social behaviour, some select few people think they are better than everyone else at the same time they take the other route and wallow in self pity, dont fight for their survival, thats why many dislike them
Avatar image for deactivated-5b4bf92fc902e
deactivated-5b4bf92fc902e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5b4bf92fc902e
Member since 2006 • 3052 Posts
Because emo kids will bring you down.
ddldave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ddldave
Member since 2006 • 886 Posts
most of them smell and wear the same clothes all the time
Proobie44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 Proobie44
Member since 2006 • 5663 Posts
They leave blood stains,duh.
Account_27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Account_27
Member since 2005 • 13426 Posts
Because they're attention whores.
00Joseph00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#73 00Joseph00
Member since 2004 • 1578 Posts
I have no problem with them.  I don't like the cutting themselves part though.  Maybe their friends should give them a little support instead of encouraging their insecurities...
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#74 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
[QUOTE="DeathScape666"]

[QUOTE="SpiritEmu"]stfu...IsNotInterestes

Uhhh... Sorry, dude.

And do all Emos really have no problems? No abusive parents or anything? They just cry, complain, and sulk for the hell of it? It just seems kind of... odd.

Well, what did you think emo people were?

I thought emos were people who hated their life for a reason. Still, it's not good to dwell on the past... If you do, you won't have time to look forward to the future. Sitting down, complaining, and whining about nothing will get you nowhere. I still complain sometimes, though. Like, "Stupid teacher giving me homework." I say that sometimes.

Avatar image for monsternachoman
monsternachoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 monsternachoman
Member since 2006 • 1264 Posts
Becuase they are too emotional and always say they are going to kill themselves
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#76 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33351 Posts
I don't know. I don't really care for them myself.
iaasc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#77 iaasc
Member since 2005 • 1337 Posts
Well to everyone I'm an "emo" but its because I dress in black and I think alot, and the reason people cut themselves is because it makes them feel better by releasing endorphens in their brain which tells your brain to be happy.
cheatymcshifty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 cheatymcshifty
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts

Sorry for what might be a long post...

Anyway, the reason that everyone truly hates them is what they represent. They call themselves "emotional hardcore" when they're about as hardcore as a stale marshmallow. I'll tell you what real emotional hardcore is:

Emotional hardcore is the mothers and fathers who lives in the inner city who are doing everything in their power to raise their kids to do the right things in life, when they have no outside help from anyone. In an area where you have people doing drugs and kids carrying guns before the age of 12, this is no easy task.

Emotional hardcore are the men and women half a world away fighting in a war that's has kept them from their family and friends. Not being able to watch their children grow up, not being able share a tender kiss with their spouse and constantly wondering weither or not they'll live to see the day when they finally get to go home is enough to crush the spirit of anyone. But somehow they manage to summon the strength to keep going on. THAT, my friends is true emotinal hardcore.

To all the kids who consider themselves emo, think about this for a moment. Seriously. If you honestly think that your meager problems are worse than this, do us all a favor and go whine about your "problems" at a Hot Topic, away from the rest of the world.

Again, sorry for the long post.

Hallenbeck77

Pretty much...

I'm a teenager, but I always take the "get the **** over it" stance...

OH NO girls/boys dont like you? how brutal....  try working out, wearing better clothes, and not complaining about your problems all the time..

YOUR PARENTS HATE YOU?!?! no.... they just are  sick of you doing nothing all day and not turning down the fing stereo...

Schools sooo hard? yeah... right... try getting a real job..

They're too wraped up in themselves too see that they have it good... but, theres always somone else to blame for there (relativly few) problems, but.. I guess.. more than just emo's do that... that pisses me off about everyone, actually... not the point..

Anyway... yeah.. they pretyy much just epitomize the "it's everyone elses fault" that so many people have these days...  

TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 TM_Darkside
Member since 2007 • 3993 Posts

Because "Emo Kids" have nothing else to do but cut themselves....IsNotInterestes

That's actually a disorder in most cases, you insensitive bastard. Of course there are the exceptions where some kids just do it for attention. I couldn't imagine cutting myself. Ick!

Undoing_Ruin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Undoing_Ruin
Member since 2005 • 1303 Posts

[QUOTE="IsNotInterestes"]Because "Emo Kids" have nothing else to do but cut themselves....TM_Darkside

That's actually a disorder in most cases, you insensitive bastard. Of course there are the exceptions where some kids just do it for attention. I couldn't imagine cutting myself. Ick!

I have a very close friend who actually has that disorder. That's why it makes me absolutely sick when anyone does it for attention.

I could care less if people make fun of emo's. I only enjoy the music. 

OfficialJab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 OfficialJab
Member since 2005 • 3249 Posts
What's funny is that many 'emo' kids are very egotistical. It's something that starts with some tragedy (someone dies or they are shunned, something negative) they get too much sympathy and come to expect that much attention all the time and from everyone.
dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts
because i get tired of seeing people wear that black green day shirt with the heart shaped grenade on it. also they seem to not want to except that life isn't fair. i know life isn't fair but i still live wieh it. but what do i know i'm some goth who wears a trench coat everywhere.
andrewsonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 andrewsonfire
Member since 2005 • 3283 Posts
because they cry about how much their life sucks. and it seems to me that most emo kids i know are rich and have good social lives. thats nothing to cry over.
DarkKar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#84 DarkKar
Member since 2005 • 6025 Posts

because i get tired of seeing people wear that black green day shirt with the heart shaped grenade on it. also they seem to not want to except that life isn't fair. i know life isn't fair but i still live wieh it. but what do i know i'm some goth who wears a trench coat everywhere. dissonantblack

I saw a goth wearing a trenchcoat around the mall one time. Half an hour later give or take I saw him in Books-a-million, this big 18+ greasy guy burdened by patchy facial hair, sitting down playing a yu-geoh tournament with all the kids. :lol: 

dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#85 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts

[QUOTE="dissonantblack"]because i get tired of seeing people wear that black green day shirt with the heart shaped grenade on it. also they seem to not want to except that life isn't fair. i know life isn't fair but i still live wieh it. but what do i know i'm some goth who wears a trench coat everywhere. DarkKar

I saw a goth wearing a trenchcoat around the mall one time. Half an hour later give or take I saw him in Books-a-million, this big 18+ greasy guy burdened by patchy facial hair, sitting down playing a yu-geoh tournament with all the kids. :lol:

we actually had a guy like that in our group. he wore a goth trench coat with naruto gloves. we told him not to hang out with us anymore.  

warriortyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#86 warriortyson
Member since 2005 • 6339 Posts
cuz they're making their problems seem bigger than they really are.
m4gicm4rty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 m4gicm4rty
Member since 2007 • 475 Posts
they crave attention, hate themselves, society and dress and act like freaks. sorry i a little biased
Avatar image for -InsrtNameHere-
-InsrtNameHere-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#88 -InsrtNameHere-
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts
I know this one girl who used to be a cutter, but she is so nice, and alot of fun to be around, I don't see how she was ever emo. Some, like her, are really not bad at all.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts

It's the cool thing to do and I want to be part of the cool kids.videogamer456

So you are saying it's two trends bashing one another. Oh dear :o

blackslim3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 blackslim3000
Member since 2007 • 1152 Posts

[QUOTE="seals44"]They slit their wrists!!!!!!!!!!!!bluezy
Honestly, i think that's a pretty overused stereotype. I'm close with a handful of scene'rs, and a majority of them do not "slit their wrists," as many seem to believe. And as blackslim3000 said earlier, "they think they're so awesome by cutting themselves," which is obviously false. If they do indeed cut themselves, it's because that is how they deal with emotional anguish.

Yes, i do think they dress ridiculously, i do laugh at some of their appearances, but saying that every scene kid cuts him/herself and cries in a corner is an unnecessary stereotype.

I know what I said is not entirely true. Although I have read about people who cut themselves because it makes themselves feel better. The only thing I know about Emo is that it's a genre of music. 

kinky_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#91 kinky_king
Member since 2006 • 191 Posts
clingy, needy, suicidal, melo dramatic, whats not to like?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#92 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts

Well to everyone I'm an "emo" but its because I dress in black and I think alot, and the reason people cut themselves is because it makes them feel better by releasing endorphens in their brain which tells your brain to be happy.iaasc

Yeah, I heard about that. My friend and I were watching Saw III. There is a part where this girl cuts her leg, and I asked why she would do it there because there is no chance of her dying, so it is completely useless. He told me that it just releases stress. I wasn't sure if that was true or not. Also, when you cry, a chemical is released that relieves stress, so it is actually good to cry and cu... Uhhh... Never mind. No, it's not good to cut yourself no matter how bad the situation is.

Suicide is one of the most selfish things you can do, yet so many people do it.

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
The people who do are generally humorless douche bags.
Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Fortier
Member since 2004 • 7728 Posts
I don't hate them...I just resent them cause they make me look like such an idiot...
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts

Maybe it's just some big joke, but kids seem to possibly hint at them not liking Emo kids. What's so wrong with them?

DeathScape666
Supposedly they choose to be sad for style. That's pretty goddamn ridiculous.
Erasorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Erasorn
Member since 2004 • 14502 Posts
I don't like such selfish people going around demanding for people to feel sorry or to know their "pain"(I speak of my personal experience with people I call "emo kid" btw, not of the people who just listens to the music).
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
I don't like such selfish people going around demanding for people to feel sorry or to know their "pain"(I speak of my personal experience with people I call "emo kid" btw, not of the people who just listens to the music).Erasorn
The most interesting and attractive (not sexually mind you) people I know are mostly depressed as hell. They just try like hell to suppress it. I can't stand histrionics.
jacintos09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 jacintos09
Member since 2007 • 1466 Posts
i don't really get it either. feels like a scapegoat to me