Why do Americans.... hate America?

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
I'm not from the US but I have a problem with their government, they've been a tyrannic one IMO. But then again I also have a problem with my own government. Many governments turn into plutocracies and they start representing big money instead of the people.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Because.. everything goes wrong.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

[QUOTE="JML897"]It's not "hating America" as much as "America could be so much better than it currently is". Disliking the government doesn't mean you hate the country. The_Gaming_Baby

agreed

I did vote for Obama (but I voted for Hillary in the 2008 primaries) in these last 2 elections.......my problem is more with Congress, but Obama does need to continue trying to work with those clowns even if it seems futile. Seems like he has given up.

Love my country, absolutely beautiful, lots of good people in the middle of the country as others have said, despite my political differences with them (often they are in red states)

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

I think you mean why do liberals hate America.

Liberals would probably hate the America that George Washington and the other Founding Fathers formed.

th3warr1or
jesus
metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts
Some people tend to hate what America has become, they have a tendency to only see the most ignorant members of its population. These people are just cynical although I can't really blame them when the a lot of America's most ignorant people are given publicity, just look at shows like Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. Things like that tend to perpetuate the cynicism of these people. Other people tend to have a natural dislike of authority and to be honest I find that these people are in many ways very much American and only want it to be freer than it currently is. This country was founded on protesting authority so I don't see these people as hating America either but they don't like how it's run. In other words there's a cultural viewpoint where the person really doesn't like America for various reasons and a political viewpoint where the person wants to have America just be under more lenient rule.
Rich3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Rich3232
Member since 2012 • 2628 Posts
I mostly hate my government. I think most people living here are decent w/ their intentions however misguided/ignorant they may be sometimes.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

The land here is beautiful and the people are generally likable for the most part outside of the major population centers. Most state-level governments are alright too because there's a degree of transparency to them.

The opaqueness of the Federal government's actions makes it unlikable by default, and our leaders are largely disconnected from the rest of society. Add in all the bickering and whining in congress over regulation/deregulation to satisfy their financial backers and you have a pretty repulsive, selfish leadership in place. Obviously the right thing to do would be to vote more intelligently and with more knowledge of the candidates, but democratic voting processes tend to cater to the lowest common denominator as we've seen time and time again. There isn't really a viable alternative either, so some people get frustrated with the current system and appear to the ignorant like they're some sort of anarchists for believing in progression and reform.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts
Only some do....not all. Even if you don't agree with policy doesn't mean you'll be hating....
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I don't hate it, but I am very critical of it's decisions and my fellow citizens and their choices in the matter.  It may be a first world nation but the things we still have to fight over, like gay marriage, weed, guns, and fundie christians makes this place a very unstable country for social issues.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]Because taxes are ridiculously high.Aljosa23

lmao

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
cuz in America, when you have at all and have it easy (compare to the rest of the world), there is nothing better than to complain and act like you have it tough.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I don't like how some of rights are getting taken away little by little-- the founding fathers must be turning in their grave.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#63 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Being critical does not in any way equal hate.Sajo7

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

I don't hate the US, I just dislike how the politicians deal with the governement. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#65 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I like the country I live in.  Dont agree with some of the government policies and such.  But I can separate that from the actual people of the country.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
Critiquing your current government isn't "hating your country'. hell, it's patriotism at its best.
Crackdown_F200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Crackdown_F200
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Because they deserve it.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

heres my reason

---- health care 

the most important thing yet it costs us thousands if not millions of dollars out of our own pocket ---and not everyone makes that kind of money ,this government is  all about the money not the people,   

free health care would help  alot  ,   but instead they enforce a law by 2014 if you dont have health insurance-another thing you gotta pay for --- you go to jail or face fines..  first they impose car insurance laws thats good but , now its health insurance whats next-  inforcing home insurance and  then life insurance  this country is garbage any way you spin it

mariokart64fan

You do realize that we would pay higher taxes if the government paid for our health care right? Now, driving a car is a privilege and as such, you can be required to have insurance coverage of some sort if you will be driving be it a personal vehicle, a company vehicles (your company has insurance that covers you), or you rent a car (your regular insurance most likely covers rentals, but if you do not have personal car insurance, you can buy it from the rental car company and it covers you if you are involved in a wreck where you might not even have to pay anything).

As long as one has a mortgage on a house or property, you will be required to have homeowners insurance by the bank, not the government nor does the government force you to buy homeowners insurance unless you are buying a HUD home or have a mortgage through Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. One can avoid having to have homeowners insurance by living in an apartment, but if there is a fire or your apartment in broken into, you will not be able to replace your belongings without renters insurance. The property owners insurance will not cover your losses.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
One should always question their government, even if they think it's favourable. Seeing the flaws in something doesn't mean you hate it. In many ways loving something and being able to talk about it's flaws is the best sort of love.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#70 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

Mainly because Canada is cooler, imagine a place with no rednecks!

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

Liberals would probably hate the America that George Washington and the other Founding Fathers formed.

th3warr1or
Well you just proved you don't know jack about the founding fathers....
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

th3warr1or
Who wouldn't hate a faux-democratic slavocracy full of cronyism?
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 WhiteKnight77
[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

Probably. But conservatives actively attempt to preserve things as they are. One might say that's called being old-fashioned or stuck in the past, maybe even stupidity, but that's another issue.

Things change. No doubt about that. On the other hand, it's another thing to actively try to change things. It's almost like the people who move to Europe to escape their homeland, and then attempt to change Europe into what they were running away from.

dave123321
What kind of change? Like specific examples of the change that is being pushed by liberals.

I will give you a couple. While I am not religious by any means, removing prayer in school or at school activities. We always had silent prayer before class while I was in school and I had no problem with it. Also, removing the Pledge of Allegiance from schools due to the word God in it. How about the 10 Commandments from public buildings? Liberals are wanting to remove all reference to God from our lives from where I stand. It was even thought that the Presidential Dollar Coins did not have In God We Trust on it (it was on the edge of the coins) due to pressure from liberal groups.

Liberal minded child psychologists who decry the use of corporal punishment for misbehaving children. Look around at how many kids act up in public nowadays. Just Sunday while I was at the grocery store, this young girl was with her parents and she was running up and down the aisles and sliding across the floor without so much as one word. If I had tried something like that as a 5 or 6 year old kid, I would have had my rear end smacked right then and there. Not in todays world. Now, I have no problem with parents spanking a child, but beating the child is out of the question. The touchy, feely notion of time out just does not work.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
People who aren't a part of the political class have every reason to hate the US state.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Yusuke420

Yeah let's tech our children that violence is the only to solve our problems! Spanking has been proven to be ineffective and also breeds resentment and anger in children. Why should god be in schools? In a place of learning, mythos has zero place!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts
[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

YoshiYogurt
Well you just proved you don't know jack about the founding fathers....

Last time I was in Canada all I heard on the radio was country.....
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
The United States is my home. This nation is not perfect but my family has lived here for generations. I do not like many aspects of it but all of my memories have been in this country - every good memory and every bad memory. Sure, Democrats sometimes annoy me but Republicans do too. Sure, I hate how popular abortion has become but I love my niece and nephew who live here. I do not always like the country I live in but it is a country I would fight to defend.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Because for some odd reason that isn't fathomable is that the US government and the country itself are completely unrelated and that it is okay to hate the government.

Personally, I don't hate them nor do I like it. It's a necessary evil that's there because it just is. I think people hate the government because they either give it too much credit or they expect so much that they deliver poorly later on and that we often underestimate ourselves and our abilities to do good in this country or even this world. Government does have the potential to do well but it's not the only entity in this country that has the capacity to do good.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Yusuke420

The United States is my home. This nation is not perfect but my family has lived here for generations. I do not like many aspects of it but all of my memories have been in this country - every good memory and every bad memory. Sure, Democrats sometimes annoy me but Republicans do too. Sure, I hate how popular abortion has become but I love my niece and nephew who live here. I do not always like the country I live in but it is a country I would fight to defend.mindstorm

Not attacking you because you are one of the few religious posters I respect on this forum, but do you have any statistics to support that idea that abortion is popular? Last time I checked it was a last resort for most people, unless you count IUD's and the morning after pill as an abortion. 

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 mindstorm

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]The United States is my home. This nation is not perfect but my family has lived here for generations. I do not like many aspects of it but all of my memories have been in this country - every good memory and every bad memory. Sure, Democrats sometimes annoy me but Republicans do too. Sure, I hate how popular abortion has become but I love my niece and nephew who live here. I do not always like the country I live in but it is a country I would fight to defend.Yusuke420

Not attacking you because you are one of the few religious posters I respect on this forum, but do you have any statistics to support that idea that abortion is popular? Last time I checked it was a last resort for most people, unless you count IUD's and the morning after pill as an abortion. 

50 million legal abortions in the last 40 years.

Here is more detailed information.

I do not know the exact percentage but I'm under the impression that would be something like 1/3 pregancies.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 wis3boi

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]The United States is my home. This nation is not perfect but my family has lived here for generations. I do not like many aspects of it but all of my memories have been in this country - every good memory and every bad memory. Sure, Democrats sometimes annoy me but Republicans do too. Sure, I hate how popular abortion has become but I love my niece and nephew who live here. I do not always like the country I live in but it is a country I would fight to defend.mindstorm

I do not know the exact percentage but I'm under the impression that would be something like 1/3 pregancies.

Making it illegal also results in deaths and complications.  But this is the least of our social problems, IMO.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Yusuke420

I can't find any stats to compare the amount of live births in that same time frame, but I'd like to work out the percentages. Does bother me that people haven't figured out how to properly use controception though. It's not that hard to put on a rubber or take a pill. IUD's are an even better option. Hopefully they'll have more male controception soon because I have a feeling that will help significantly. 

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

[QUOTE="dave123321"][QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

Probably. But conservatives actively attempt to preserve things as they are. One might say that's called being old-fashioned or stuck in the past, maybe even stupidity, but that's another issue.

Things change. No doubt about that. On the other hand, it's another thing to actively try to change things. It's almost like the people who move to Europe to escape their homeland, and then attempt to change Europe into what they were running away from.

WhiteKnight77

What kind of change? Like specific examples of the change that is being pushed by liberals.

I will give you a couple. While I am not religious by any means, removing prayer in school or at school activities. We always had silent prayer before class while I was in school and I had no problem with it. Also, removing the Pledge of Allegiance from schools due to the word God in it. How about the 10 Commandments from public buildings? Liberals are wanting to remove all reference to God from our lives from where I stand. It was even thought that the Presidential Dollar Coins did not have In God We Trust on it (it was on the edge of the coins) due to pressure from liberal groups.

Liberal minded child psychologists who decry the use of corporal punishment for misbehaving children. Look around at how many kids act up in public nowadays. Just Sunday while I was at the grocery store, this young girl was with her parents and she was running up and down the aisles and sliding across the floor without so much as one word. If I had tried something like that as a 5 or 6 year old kid, I would have had my rear end smacked right then and there. Not in todays world. Now, I have no problem with parents spanking a child, but beating the child is out of the question. The touchy, feely notion of time out just does not work.

First off, the Pledge of Allegiance didn't have "under God" until the 1950s nor did we have "In God We Trust" on our paper money (The quote was added on coins after the Civil War to commemorate the national tragedy that our country endured) or as our national motto before the 1950s. These quotes were added in during the Cold War to differente ourselves from the Atheist Soviet Union. There is nothing significant about these quotes and they are meaningless today.

Second, the 10 Commandments has no place because it is a violation of the First Amendment and it really has no place. Biblical law is NOT the foundation of this country otherwise, I'd be stoning some guy because he worked on the sabbath while beating my slaves. Also while the 10 Commandments is shown on the Supreme Court building, it's merely one part of a scene where all lawgivers such as Hammarabi and Menes are shown. In fact here's a link explaining the whole thing.

Third, involuntary prayer doesn't belong in a public school, it's a violation of the First Amendment. Get over it. I don't know how this is still issue.

Forth, corporal punishment doesn't work. In the short run, it does work but not the long run. Numerous studies have shown that corporal punishment harms children psychologically to the point where the child would most likely become criminals or end up beating their own children or even their spouse. It doesn't work. No one says you can't discipline your child but corporal punishment only works in the short run, not the long run. Also, this does include spanking.

Fifth, get rid of the notion that liberals are ruining America because right now it's people who are trying to instill values into law whether it's prayer or a soda ban that should shut up and jump over a cliff.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 mindstorm

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

wis3boi

Making it illegal also results in deaths and complications.  But this is the least of our social problems, IMO.

In no conceivable way would I think that making it illegal would be easy. The ideas of adoption, protection, and abstinence would have to be encouraged much more before such a thing happened.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="mindstorm"] 50 million legal abortions in the last 40 years.

mindstorm

In no conceivable way would I think that making it illegal would be easy. The ideas of adoption, protection, and abstinence would have to be encouraged much more before such a thing happened.

hard social conservatism is what is rumbling this country the most

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 WhiteKnight77
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] Well you just proved you don't know jack about the founding fathers....

Last time I was in Canada all I heard on the radio was country.....

There is a good rock station in Edmonton. They play lots of rock by Canadian rock bands.
JDWolfie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 JDWolfie
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts

Because people care more about Michelle Obama's bangs than the amount of debt were in. Americans will believe anything if you keep tellling the same thing over and over again. America's priorties are backwards and were getting things constantly shoved down our throats.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 wis3boi

Because people care more about Michelle Obama's bangs than the amount of debt were in. Americans will believe anything if you keep tellling the same thing over and over again. America's priorties are backwards and were getting things constantly shoved down our throats.

JDWolfie

You've met 300 million people?

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Because I feel there is no history in this country(shouldn't say none, but close to it) In Europe history is around every corner. Its also a much more laid back life in Europe(atleast thats what it seems like when I have traveled there) I would move, but I can't leave at such a young age:P

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I don't hate the US of A. I love this place.

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#91 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

th3warr1or
You mean the ones that designed the Constitution to blatantly favor the wealthy and leave almost no room for the majority to actually influence politics?
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts
No one here likes tea. =[
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

Because we're spoiled rotten and everyone's mindset had decayed to a low quality weak-mindedness.

Basically we don't know how good we have it, and I almost wish a serious crisis would happen in theis country to slap everyone back to things that matter.

Yeah, I'm talking about how all we care about now is saving the gay whales.  You know what I'm talking about.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

I think a big issue is alot of people don't realize how well they have it compared to alot of the world, so they hate and hate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
things are changing blaming each other in america is so 2010
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Yusuke420

I think a big issue is alot of people don't realize how well they have it compared to alot of the world, so they hate and hate.

MakeMeaSammitch

So because we have it better then most countries, there is no room for improvement in our own? We have more people in prison per capita then any other nation. That's a huge problem! Our government is consistantly meddling in the middle east for the sake of Israel and nothing is coming of it but war and turmoil. We have budget problems and the people in charge of fixing it can't stand to be in the same room with one another! There are a host of problems and we as citizens have EVERY right to complain about them. 

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

Yusuke420

So because we have it better then most countries, there is no room for improvement in our own? We have more people in prison per capita then any other nation. That's a huge problem! Our government is consistantly meddling in the middle east for the sake of Israel and nothing is coming of it but war and turmoil. We have budget problems and the people in charge of fixing it can't stand to be in the same room with one another! There are a host of problems and we as citizens have EVERY right to complain about them. 

That's because of drug laws.

Actually, we can easily cut our budget dramitically, people just don't have the balls to do it yet because it hasn't gotten bad enough, but it will happen.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Yusuke420

You pointed out the obvious, but you didn't address my statement of having the right to complain lol. 

Avatar image for Shattered-dream
Shattered-dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#99 Shattered-dream
Member since 2012 • 729 Posts

I don't get it. It seems like every single person I know is against the government. Either they're so far left of a right winged hippie, or the goverment's taking your guns/goverment still has guns /they should be gone/Thanks Obama. When they really have no problems and the government doesn't intrude on their lives or anything which makes me wonder why they are even complaining?

I like this country. Very nice. Some beautiful states like Colorado and other states I have lived in. People are nice unless you live on one of the coasts. My Grandpa was a WW2 hero of "the greatest generation". The thing about me is I am apolitical, so it makes living here easier for me.

I want to see Alaska, hopefully not during the three months of night time. When it's 24 hour sunlight I want to be there.

OT, why you hate America?

OT, do you like this country?

TheHighWind

I still believe in a place called home. America toady ain't the same country I remember. The President cutting the Military and supports sins. America once said by George Washington " if they ever take God out of politics it will be the downfall of this nation." What Obama is doing is taking him out and supporting the devil!

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

Yusuke420

95% of the things people complain about are either stupid or meaningless.

Example being new york banning 2 liters. People complain and complain that they're being prosecuted when ironically it's for their own good. It's stupid. Or Fox news claiming Christians are being persecuted. Again stupid. 

Look at the middle east if you want to see actual problems.