Why cant you see photo details like date taken on iPhone 4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Revisited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Revisited
Member since 2011 • 292 Posts

Yes I know if you hook up the phone to a computer you can do so. Whoopie doo.

It seems like such a basic thing that all phones have, is there a science behind why we can't see photo details in your gallery like the date and time it was taken?

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

Apple seems to make a habit of not including many features that should be standard.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

If you can't remember when it was taken, it's not worth knowing.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@SolidSnake35 said:

Uh...what? How does that make any sense?

This is sort of like when you watch a crime show, and the cops show up at a suspect's house and say, "where were you on the night of October 16th at 6:33 PM?" The suspect then always says, "I was with my doctor getting my ass examined. Check with him, he'll tell you. Now leave me alone, you pigs!"

That $hit always struck me as total f***ing bull$hit. Because there are a lot of people who don't even know what TODAY'S date is. And I'm not even talking about crackheads and junkies who are so out out touch with reality that they don't know where the f*** they are. Next time you're at a restauant, ask your waiter what the date is and there's a good chance that they'll have to check before telling you.

Now...if it's not that uncommon for people to not know TODAY'S exact date, then how in the bloody f*** would you expect a PHOTOGRAPHER who shoots a $HITLOAD of pictures in any given year to look at one of his pictures and automatically know the date that it was made?

Do you know (without looking it up) the EXACT date that you bought your current PC or cell phone? Chances are that you don't, because why the f*** is that kind of information worth committing to memory?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Can't it

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dave123321

I often lose track of where we are in the year.

Also doesn't your point make solids kind of valid as it's saying its not relevant to remember this's details.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@dave123321 said:

I often lose track of where we are in the year.

Also doesn't your point make solids kind of valid as it's saying its not relevant to remember this's details.

Uh, no. Just because it's impossible or unreasonable to remember something doesn't mean it's not a good idea to keep a record. There are all sorts of situations in which there might be some benefit in looking something up. You probably don't remember the date you made your last major purchase or what the exact dollar amount was, but most people will still expect a receipt.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

@SolidSnake35 said:

This is sort of like when you watch a crime show, and the cops show up at a suspect's house and say, "where were you on the night of October 16th at 6:33 PM?" The suspect then always says, "I was with my doctor getting my ass examined. Check with him, he'll tell you. Now leave me alone, you pigs!"

That $hit always struck me as total f***ing bull$hit. Because there are a lot of people who don't even know what TODAY'S date is. And I'm not even talking about crackheads and junkies who are so out out touch with reality that they don't know where the f*** they are. Next time you're at a restauant, ask your waiter what the date is and there's a good chance that they'll have to check before telling you.

Now...if it's not that uncommon for people to not know TODAY'S exact date, then how in the bloody f*** would you expect a PHOTOGRAPHER who shoots a $HITLOAD of pictures in any given year to look at one of his pictures and automatically know the date that it was made?

Do you know (without looking it up) the EXACT date that you bought your current PC or cell phone? Chances are that you don't, because why the f*** is that kind of information worth committing to memory?

Uhh, I think he was just joking.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

@junglist101 said:

Apple seems to make a habit of not including many features that should be standard.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dave123321

Any but yeah, got a hold of an iPhone 4 not 4s and was able to see the dates

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

@dave123321 said:

Any but yeah, got a hold of an iPhone 4 not 4s and was able to see the dates

Maybe TC is just dense?

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this was yet another feature Apple neglected to include.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dave123321

Also where in a map

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dave123321

Also why not just use the feature that just sends the pics to the comp automatically when you take them.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

@SolidSnake35 said:

Don't argue with Apple. You don't need to know.

Revisited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Revisited
Member since 2011 • 292 Posts

Seriously this sucks, I just checked another iPhone 4 that had iOS 7 and it doesn't have photo details either, none that I can see. What the frick man.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

Why not just get a twitter or instagram and mark the dates yourself. If not, get another phone that does have the feature.