Who would you want as our next president?

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

On the GOP you have Christie, Paul, Cruz, Rubio, King, Perry, Santorum, Ryan, Walker, Kasich and others. Master_Live
All those people are scumbags of the highest order lol.

If I were American and if he were running, I'd vote for Cory Booker. Dude seems awesome as fvck.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts

[QUOTE="Makhaidos"]

Because at least he didn't lie to get elected.

airshocker

[QUOTE="Makhaidos"]

Oh no, she said she was one thirty-somethingth Native American. That totally overshadows her work against corrupt wall street regulators and for students, two things completely overlooked by just about everyone in the government today.

And how you can bash her for that and then support "FEMA beneficiaries are parasites" Rand Paul in the next sentence is beyond me.

airshocker

Rand Paul pretended to be a libertarian-conservative, then promptly started rushing to the middle to appeal to status-quo neocons and the Christian right. Not exactly lying to get elected, but not much better either.
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23058 Posts

[QUOTE="TheGrinchh"]

I know it's only been less than a year of Obummers 2nd term, but it'll go by fast. Just curious who people would like to see rule next. Can be any politcal person you think would be best. The only canidate I know of that may run for presidency is NJ's governor, but I don't know how he is. Be nice if we could get another JFK or Ronald Regan but that won't happen ever again probably.

Serraph105

I think Chris Christie's style works exceedingly well for New Jersey, but I don't see it working nationally nor do I see it working when dealing with leaders from other countries.

I'm actually shocked that his style works at all (almost) anywhere. If I met someone on a personal level who acted and spoke the way he does I'd find him to be detestable.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#104 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_Live"]On the GOP you have Christie, Paul, Cruz, Rubio, King, Perry, Santorum, Ryan, Walker, Kasich and others. Aljosa23

If I were American and if he were running, I'd vote for Cory Booker. Dude seems awesome as fvck.

he seems too smart to run for president.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts
[QUOTE="Serraph105"]

[QUOTE="TheGrinchh"]

I know it's only been less than a year of Obummers 2nd term, but it'll go by fast. Just curious who people would like to see rule next. Can be any politcal person you think would be best. The only canidate I know of that may run for presidency is NJ's governor, but I don't know how he is. Be nice if we could get another JFK or Ronald Regan but that won't happen ever again probably.

mattbbpl

I think Chris Christie's style works exceedingly well for New Jersey, but I don't see it working nationally nor do I see it working when dealing with leaders from other countries.

I'm actually shocked that his style works at all (almost) anywhere. If I met someone on a personal level who acted and spoke the way he does I'd find him to be detestable.

Now think about the New Jersey stereotype for a second.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#106 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

[QUOTE="Makhaidos"]Elizabeth Warren. She's the only politician up there who actually does what she says she's going to do. But it's not going to happen, sadly.Makhaidos

And lies about being a native american in order to get federal goodies! What a role model.

Oh no, she said she was one thirty-somethingth Native American.

You can dismiss it all you want, I value honesty and character.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Rhazakna

[QUOTE="Serraph105"]

[QUOTE="TheGrinchh"]

mattbbpl

Never go to the East Coast then. I'm not a fan of Christie's politics at all, but his persona and demeanor is pretty refreshing when you look at the political status-quo.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

[QUOTE="mattbbpl"][QUOTE="Serraph105"]

Rhazakna

Never go to the East Coast then.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 mattbbpl

[QUOTE="Master_Live"]On the GOP you have Christie, Paul, Cruz, Rubio, King, Perry, Santorum, Ryan, Walker, Kasich and others. Aljosa23

I'm not sure what to think of Booker yet, but the story about him rescuing his neighbor from a burning building is pretty awesome. My brother in law is from New Jersey, and he says that Booker has a really good reputation in Newark.
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 mattbbpl
[QUOTE="mattbbpl"][QUOTE="Serraph105"]

Serraph105

I'd rather not :-(

Can't I just go on thinking (hoping) that it's an unfounded stereotype?
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Serraph105
[QUOTE="Makhaidos"]

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

And lies about being a native american in order to get federal goodies! What a role model.

Master_Live

lol might want to look at non-politicians in that case.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Serraph105
[QUOTE="mattbbpl"][QUOTE="Serraph105"][QUOTE="mattbbpl"] I'm actually shocked that his style works at all (almost) anywhere. If I met someone on a personal level who acted and spoke the way he does I'd find him to be detestable.

I'm just saying that Christie very much appears to be a man of the people.
Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Makhaidos
Member since 2013 • 2162 Posts

[QUOTE="Makhaidos"]

Oh no, she said she was one thirty-somethingth Native American. That totally overshadows her work against corrupt wall street regulators and for students, two things completely overlooked by just about everyone in the government today.

And how you can bash her for that and then support "FEMA beneficiaries are parasites" Rand Paul in the next sentence is beyond me.

airshocker

Sure, tell yourself that.

Neither did Warren. Warren got elected because she consistently fights against wall street thugs while your hero Rand does absolutely nothing, not because she said she was part Native American (a ridiculous non-issue conservatives like to keep bringing up as if it's important, kind of like Obama being half white).

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Makhaidos
[QUOTE="Makhaidos"]

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

Master_Live

. . .He said in a thread about politicians.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 coolbeans90

Elizabeth Warren, much like the Paul family, is lulz-inducing.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Rhazakna

[QUOTE="Serraph105"][QUOTE="mattbbpl"] I'm actually shocked that his style works at all (almost) anywhere. If I met someone on a personal level who acted and spoke the way he does I'd find him to be detestable.mattbbpl

Why is a bombastic East Coaster who says what he means any worse than polite, non-confrontational two faced politicians who constantly talk out of two sides of their mouth?

Makhaidos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Makhaidos
At least Christie can be on the right side of history every once in a while. Not always, but every once in a while.
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 mattbbpl
[QUOTE="Serraph105"][QUOTE="mattbbpl"][QUOTE="Serraph105"] Now think about the New Jersey stereotype for a second.

I'm just saying that Christie very much appears to be a man of the people.

Yeah, I understand. You believe that he's a man of the (New Jersey) people, but wouldn't necessarily be a man of the (American national electorate) people. Which makes sense
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 mattbbpl

[QUOTE="mattbbpl"][QUOTE="Serraph105"] Now think about the New Jersey stereotype for a second.Rhazakna

Why is a bombastic East Coaster who says what he means any worse than polite, non-confrontational two faced politicians who constantly talk out of two sides of their mouth?

You've presented a false dichotomy.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Serraph105
[QUOTE="mattbbpl"][QUOTE="Serraph105"] Now think about the New Jersey stereotype for a second.Rhazakna

Why is a bombastic East Coaster who says what he means any worse than polite, non-confrontational two faced politicians who constantly talk out of two sides of their mouth/

As I said, I think coming off as level headed and diplomatic works better for most of the country (both domestic and foriegn affairs) than coming off as confrontational. New Jersey however seems to be the exception to the rule.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#121 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
[QUOTE="mattbbpl"][ You believe that he's a man of the (New Jersey) people, but wouldn't necessarily be a man of the (American national electorate) people. Which makes sense

He definitely doesn't seem ready for a national stage at this point.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]

[QUOTE="mattbbpl"] I'd rather not :-(

Can't I just go on thinking (hoping) that it's an unfounded stereotype?mattbbpl

ehhhhhhhh

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Christie is a douche because he vetoed the same-sex marriage bill after it passed not because of his demeanour.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 mattbbpl
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="mattbbpl"][ You believe that he's a man of the (New Jersey) people, but wouldn't necessarily be a man of the (American national electorate) people. Which makes sense

He definitely doesn't seem ready for a national stage at this point.

I'm inclined to agree, personally. For some reason, however, he has the backing of the Republican party establishment wing. They must see something in him that i don't.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#125 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
I wish more politicians had personalities like Christie.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Serraph105
I wish more politicians had personalities like Christie.chessmaster1989
eh, I wish more politicians were as close to moderate and Christie, but he can keep his personality all to himself.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Rhazakna
[QUOTE="Rhazakna"]

[QUOTE="mattbbpl"] I'd rather not :-(

Can't I just go on thinking (hoping) that it's an unfounded stereotype?mattbbpl

No I didn't, I asked why you find his personality particularly objectionable considering the way status-quo politicians present themselves. I never said that these were the only two options.
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 mattbbpl
[QUOTE="mattbbpl"][QUOTE="Rhazakna"] Why is a bombastic East Coaster who says what he means any worse than polite, non-confrontational two faced politicians who constantly talk out of two sides of their mouth?Rhazakna

No I didn't, I asked why you find his personality particularly objectionable considering the way status-quo politicians present themselves. I never said that these were the only two options.

There's nothing wrong with being confrontational when warranted. I think most people would agree with that, and I think most politicians would agree as well. We see confrontations on a regular basis in the political world.

That being said, Christie's personality seems to be of the loudmouthed and unnecessarily abrasive type that carries with it a number of negative side effects. Perhaps the worst being that it drains him of his political goodwill which, on a national level, is an important thing to have when dealing with such a wide variety of representatives and situations.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Nobody. I do not believe in government.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 coolbeans90

I wish more politicians had personalities like Christie.chessmaster1989

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#131 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
I do find refreshing how candid Christie is.
EagleEyedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 EagleEyedOne
Member since 2013 • 1676 Posts

Jamie Dimon

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Serraph105
Is there anyone on the Republican side today that is as good a politician as George W. Bush was? Or a democrat as good as Bill Clinton? I'm speaking purely from a political standpoint here. Someone who is capable of getting politicians to agree with one another and getting the American people behind them? Comes across as friendly and agreeable.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Is there anyone on the Republican side today that is as good a politician as George W. Bush was? Or a democrat as good as Bill Clinton? I'm speaking purely from a political standpoint here. Someone who is capable of getting politicians to agree with one another and getting the American people behind them? Comes across as friendly and agreeable.Serraph105
In other words, you're looking for the best liar of the bunch.
edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#135 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

An Isolationist.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Serraph105
[QUOTE="Serraph105"]Is there anyone on the Republican side today that is as good a politician as George W. Bush was? Or a democrat as good as Bill Clinton? I'm speaking purely from a political standpoint here. Someone who is capable of getting politicians to agree with one another and getting the American people behind them? Comes across as friendly and agreeable.famicommander
In other words, you're looking for the best liar of the bunch.

welcome to the world of politics famicommander, I thought you had visited before.
Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#137 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts
Biff Tannen, or me.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Neither did Warren. Warren got elected because she consistently fights against wall street thugs while your hero Rand does absolutely nothing, not because she said she was part Native American (a ridiculous non-issue conservatives like to keep bringing up as if it's important, kind of like Obama being half white).

Makhaidos

Of course I think it's an issue when SOMEONE LIES. The fact that you don't only cements your moral failings, not mine.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Danny Sexbang
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

Christie is all charisma. He's just another neocon like the rest. Rand tried to get a following and then buttered up with the GOP mainline buffoons. I don't think there's any hope to be found in the currently discussed political candidates, but then again that feeling seems to be the norm at this point. 

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#141 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
Doesn't matter, the lobbyists will still control everything and Congress will continue to bog down with petty bullshit.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Serraph105

[QUOTE="Makhaidos"]

airshocker

Of course I think it's an issue when SOMEONE LIES. The fact that you don't only cements your moral failings, not mine.

the thing is that it's more or less agreed upon by everyone that all politicians tell lies. Again I have to wonder who is best at bringing people together. I get that they are going to lie along the way, but leadership skills are what's needed. I rather doubt Elizabeth Warren or Rand Paul wins that competition.

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

I honestly don't care.

But I want one party to dominate.  Either a full congressional majority and a sitting president or bust.  From either party.  I would prefer Democrats, but Republicans would do most of the same sh-t, and all the crazy stuff they would do would have major blowback and probably destroy their party.

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Umm, the only ok person on the Republican side is Rand Paul and even then I'm kind of skeptical.  I'll have to see who is running in the third parties before I commit to Rand.  

And regarding the democrats they're mostly the same, but Elizabeth Warren is the worst.  That fool will be the destruction of America and honestly scares me more than Hillary or Biden or any of the others.  She continues to force her personal beliefs regarding the drug war onto us, continues to say regulation helps the economy and small business, and insists on spending taxpayer dollars to fund the murder of unborn children.  She is all the worst of the Republicans and all the worst of the Democrats combined into one person.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#145 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Not a career politician.....LJS9502_basic
Actually agree.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
It doesn't matter. Politics are all bullshit.