Who Is You Favorite Band/Artist And Why? Don't Post If You Don't Say Why!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Fortier
Member since 2004 • 7728 Posts
I'm basically wondering what drives everybody's taste in music...I know its very hard to describe just why you like the music you do, but give it your best shot.
inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts
mcr cuz they are good:P
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Pink Floyd. Because every time I listen to them, it is like taking a trip to the moon and back. No acid involved either.
jerico6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 jerico6
Member since 2005 • 5467 Posts
I'll tell you my reasons for my top five: 1. The Beatles. The Beatles are my all time favorite band because they are able make some of the greatest songs ever written that both appeal to mainstream audiences and critics. They brought a new voice to rock and roll and made it fresh. 2. Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd is one of my favorite all time favorite bands because like foxhoundK_fox said, it's like taking a trip to the moon and back. They are able to make music that shatters and touches your emotions. 3. Led Zeppelin. Led Zeppelin is one of my all time favorite bands because they are able to make innovative, groundbreaking music that appeals to both to critics and the mainstream public. These are all about rocking but also make music they want to make. They didn't make music for the money. 4. Nirvana. Nirvana is one of my all time favorite bands they brought grunge music to the mainstream. With songs like "Heart-Shaped Box" and "Smells Like Teen Spirit", Nirvana is just plain amazing. 5. Rage Against the Machine. Rage Against the Machine is one of my all time favorite bands because they are able to make brilliant, hardcore rock music wrapped up in a nice, easy to digest message about their views on the policies on the united states. Even if you don't agree with their politics (I do), they pump you up and they just plain rock.
Avatar image for LA_lakers_4life
LA_lakers_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 LA_lakers_4life
Member since 2006 • 7051 Posts
dashboard confessional....to me their songs evoke emotions and throughout the years i have associated alot of great memories to various songs of theirs
comb_over

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 comb_over
Member since 2005 • 1595 Posts
I couldmt narrow it down to one or even 10 or 100 bands or artists etc. I listen to a range of music depending on what Iam doing or the mood I am in etc. I guess the closest thing I would have to a favourite would be AC/DC. 
wrlyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wrlyy
Member since 2006 • 7632 Posts
Sublime - soundtrack to the year in highschool where I turned my life around + some great parties.
bigdcstile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bigdcstile
Member since 2004 • 2236 Posts
1. Earth, Wind & Fire = Aside from the fact that they're the baddest band I've heard in over the span of my life, it's basically the amount of emotion I get from them whenever I put a song on. 2. George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic = Again, one of the baddest I've heard. They're music moves me, gets the blood pumping seriously. 3. Steely Dan = Just a jazzy feel from them mixed with a bit of rock and a soulful voice is all that's needed for me to like this band. 4. The Roots = ?uestlove and Black Thought. 'nuff said. 5. The Philadelphia Experiment = ?uestlove. Again, 'nuff said. 6. Pete Philly & Perquisite = To me, they're helping to break the mold and stereotype that hip hop is talented by composing and playing the jazz portions of their songs. I'd have more, but damn it if I'm not tired.
Avatar image for deactivated-60a3c754d0a16
deactivated-60a3c754d0a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 deactivated-60a3c754d0a16
Member since 2002 • 9782 Posts

Pink Floyd. Because every time I listen to them, it is like taking a trip to the moon and back. No acid involved either.foxhound_fox

Agreed. Even sans drugs Pink Floyd tunes have a way of taking you someplace else. And more often than not when I listen to music it's to accompany something else I'm doing, such as listening to tunes while driving, posting, playing games, cleaning the house, etc. When I listen to Pink Floyd that is the primary experience.

If you add drugs into the equation then the same is true for Phish. Their tunes just make me want to dance and smile.

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 slinky6
Member since 2004 • 8521 Posts
Andy McKee.   His style of guitar is amazing, and his music is inspiring.
lone_wolf911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 lone_wolf911
Member since 2005 • 6347 Posts
Green Day. I saw them perform on SNL and they sounded good live. After that I got into their Album American Idiot. Then I got into Dookie. Then after that, I got into all their albums.
Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Canuck3000
Member since 2004 • 40562 Posts
I can't pick one...It's too hard.
dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts
Rhapsody (of fire)- This is the band that got me into metal, and especially symphonic metal
familyguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 familyguy77
Member since 2005 • 2238 Posts
Nas-Great lyricist, I just think he's legendary. some of his rhymes on the Illmatic album are sick.
Teuvan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Teuvan
Member since 2003 • 10151 Posts
Radiohead, as their music is on an entirely different level from other bands and I never get tired of listening to it.
ernie1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ernie1989
Member since 2004 • 8547 Posts
It's too hard for me to choose even a top five. I always struggle so I just have favorites, but never a favorite. The reason I choose the music I listen to is because it makes me feel great. If I could imagine a situation whether it's real or not that goes along great with the music then that makes me like it even more. I need stuff that helps me think and enhances my imagination a little.
Gamerzone23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Gamerzone23
Member since 2006 • 497 Posts
1. The Goo Goo Dools Reason there music is really great and once you turn it on you can not turn it off. 2. Hinder Reson There music...awesome. 3. Kelly Clarkson Reason She Rcoks!. There are much more I don't at the time feel like posting. If you want to know more soon PM me.
Custodian405

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Custodian405
Member since 2003 • 1041 Posts
Iron Maiden- Whats better than 2 guitars you ask? 3 guitars. Aside from the sheer briliance of the 3 guitarists, Bruce Dikinson is still one of the best metal singers/frontmen out there. GnR (old GNR not the new gnr)- all the raw meaness of the life of sex, drugs, and rock and roll withought the crap of 80's hair metal. "Slash is a very dedicated guitarist, he'll go behind one of the amps, puke because of his bad hangover, but be right back out on the stage to do his guitar solo" - some publisist talking about Slash. These days bands cancel whole tours because the drummer has an ear infection or some crap like that, so nuff said. These are the top 2 im just to lazy to narrow down 3 more from all the music i listen to.