Who else perfers the non-digital Game Informer Magazines instead?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R3dRabit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 R3dRabit
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
So...Who else misses the "paper" magazines of Game Informer?
Avatar image for Chow_Mein_Kampf
Chow_Mein_Kampf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Chow_Mein_Kampf
Member since 2012 • 6203 Posts

I do.................

GrindingAxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GrindingAxe
Member since 2008 • 1641 Posts
They don't make them anymore?
undergroundLPx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 undergroundLPx
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts

Of course. That particular magazine smell is irreplaceable. I remember receiving GamePro in my younger days and just stuffing my nose between pages while my eyes rolled back. Only to then head to the toilet and just be entertained for hours past my anal deposit.

GrindingAxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GrindingAxe

Of course. That particular magazine smell is irreplaceable. I remember receiving GamePro in my younger days and just stuffing my nose between pages while my eyes rolled back. Only to then head to the toilet and just be entertained for hours past my anal deposit.

undergroundLPx
No...I'm asking you. Do they not make actual magazines of GI anymore? I thought the digital version was a plus. Did they do scrap the actual magazine?
undergroundLPx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 undergroundLPx
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts

[QUOTE="undergroundLPx"]

GrindingAxe

No...I'm asking you. Do they not make actual magazines of GI anymore? I thought the digital version was a plus. Did they do scrap the actual magazine?

I have no idea. I'm just talking about physical copies overall. I doubt they stopped printing the magazines though... then again, now that I think about it, I haven't seen them at stores in a while.

GrindingAxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GrindingAxe

[QUOTE="GrindingAxe"][QUOTE="undergroundLPx"]

undergroundLPx

I have no idea. I'm just talking about physical copies overall. I doubt they stopped printing the magazines though... then again, now that I think about it, I haven't seen them at stores in a while.

You scared me for a moment...no they still make the physical copies...I just looked it up. If you miss it, just subscribed to them. Nothing to miss if you do that.
xLFTMx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xLFTMx
Member since 2010 • 987 Posts

I havent read GI since they switched my account to the online one. I don't enjoy reading long articles on the ole computer.

DarkPrinceXC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DarkPrinceXC
Member since 2003 • 5921 Posts
They still make the paper copies, I got one a few days ago in the mail with a huge GTA 5 article.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

I like physical better in general.

Well I don't have an ipad or anything to read digital, but it's way better for practicality (for me)

LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts

They still make the paper copies, I got one a few days ago in the mail with a huge GTA 5 article. DarkPrinceXC
This. I prefer physical copies for now, but I think when I go to college I'm going to end up switching to digital. Just more convenient, as I can read them without having to take the actual copy with me and I don't have to find space to keep the magazine in. I think I've got around seven years worth of the mags taking up space in my room at the moment.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I see no points in printed media to be honest, especially magazines. The only thing a magazine are good for is reading on the toilet along with game booklets.
GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts

I prefer printed over digital anyday.

R3dRabit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R3dRabit
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Yeah i got my subscription thru GameStop and I was bummed when they said that I would only get the digital version back in Sept.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#15 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I much prefer the physical copy. FYI, when you renew at gamestop, demand that they continue the magazine physically. They still print them. Gamestop is trying to increase $ by eliminating physical copies. GS employee here.

krazykillaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 krazykillaz
Member since 2002 • 21141 Posts
I don't miss them because I still get them. I wouldn't bother with subscribing if I didn't actually get a magazine.
krazykillaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 krazykillaz
I see no points in printed media to be honest, especially magazines. The only thing a magazine are good for is reading on the toilet along with game booklets.Fightingfan
Then it makes sense that that's where I do most of my GI reading. I'd say it's worth it.
They still make the paper copies, I got one a few days ago in the mail with a huge GTA 5 article. DarkPrinceXC
Same, but that didn't stop me from reading it when it leaked on the web. <_
krazykillaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 krazykillaz
[QUOTE="undergroundLPx"]

GrindingAxe

I don't think you can get the digital version if you still subscribe to the print. I would say that they're in the middle of a transition; phasing out the print version in favor of the digital. When they stop the presses is when I'll cancel my subscription.