Which US state is best to live in ?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
Texas gets my vote. California and New York are two of the worst.
CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

Not Delaware, I hope I don't have to list why. 

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

Not New Jersey.

We have juggalos :P

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts
probably cali if it weren't so friggin' expensive.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58508 Posts

Northern California.  Let me emphasize the northern part...Northern California.  Basically, from Santa Barbera northward is awesome (technically SB is southern, but we call it Central Coast).  Central Valley is kind of lame (Modesto, Fresno, Bakersfield), but the rest of the state is awesome.

I can't imagine living anywhere else but the bay area.  Love it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="Wolfetan"] Its fake. Theres no wild life here, unless you go to the edge of Cali. Talking to a lot of people I know that have lived in Cali agree with me, its fake. Wolfetan

What do you mean no wildlife? Where in California were you?

I lived at the Central Coast (Santa Maria-San Luis Obispo area) for a few years. There were wildlife like deer, wild boars, great horned owls, lots of hummingbirds, even packs of coyotes. That's not even going up to the mountains where there are bears....and mountain lions.  

Edit:

Oh. I forgot. Iid like to go back to northern Nevada someday where it's still quiet. But, rural Upstate New York is okay too. Lots of summer outdoor activities like water sports, food is dirt-cheap, Canada is next door...... Winter suck though.

Bay Area.

Funny, could have sworn I saw a family of deer while riding the BART train to my parents' house, where we currently have a family of racoons living in our 150 year old oak tree.  But I guess I am just seeing things, just like when I hallucinated seeing that mountain lion when walking in the open space, or the pack of coyotes when I was at the driving range, or the damage done to my friend's garden from the wild boars.

And +1 to SLO, lived there for like 12 years...went for school, ended up staying lol.  Beautiful town and likely the most beautiful coastal region in California.  No one knows about it, though, as they all drive down I-5 instead of 101 :P

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mrbojangles25

probably cali if it weren't so friggin' expensive.comp_atkins

yeah i might have an opportunity to move out of California, but I dont want to, because I'd eventually want to come back, and dont know if I could after living so cheap in another state.

600 bucks for a room in an apartment!?  I was paying that for a whole house previously!

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Colorado

I would kill for a home in Boulder

Adrianstalker

My cousin has one :cool:

I would go for Colorado as well.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="Wolfetan"] Its fake. Theres no wild life here, unless you go to the edge of Cali. Talking to a lot of people I know that have lived in Cali agree with me, its fake. Wolfetan

What do you mean no wildlife? Where in California were you?

I lived at the Central Coast (Santa Maria-San Luis Obispo area) for a few years. There were wildlife like deer, wild boars, great horned owls, lots of hummingbirds, even packs of coyotes. That's not even going up to the mountains where there are bears....and mountain lions.  

Edit:

Oh. I forgot. Iid like to go back to northern Nevada someday where it's still quiet. But, rural Upstate New York is okay too. Lots of summer outdoor activities like water sports, food is dirt-cheap, Canada is next door...... Winter suck though.

Bay Area.

Oh. Okay. My bad.

If you like wildlife, then I feel for you. You can always look at the sea lions at Fisherman's Wharf although they smell pretty bad.

DSCN3676_zpsca1c5ff0.jpg

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 jun_aka_pekto

Northern California.  Let me emphasize the northern part...Northern California.  Basically, from Santa Barbera northward is awesome (technically SB is southern, but we call it Central Coast).  Central Valley is kind of lame (Modesto, Fresno, Bakersfield), but the rest of the state is awesome.

I can't imagine living anywhere else but the bay area.  Love it.

mrbojangles25

The Central Coast (Monterey-Santa Barbara) is awesome. I love it there. It gets pretty foggy though.

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#61 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

Texas... We have one of the best state economies, our own energy grid, and everything is bigger!

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 jun_aka_pekto

Funny, could have sworn I saw a family of deer while riding the BART train to my parents' house, where we currently have a family of racoons living in our 150 year old oak tree.  But I guess I am just seeing things, just like when I hallucinated seeing that mountain lion when walking in the open space, or the pack of coyotes when I was at the driving range, or the damage done to my friend's garden from the wild boars.

mrbojangles25

I've never seen a pack of coyotes before until I moved to CA. Most coyotes I've seen in Nevada and Arizona tend to be alone. But, I was working at a weather station one night and I heard some howling. I figured it's just one coyote. When I went outside and shined the flashlight where the howling was coming from, there was a whole pack of them. I quit counting at 15 pairs of eyes. It's like WTF? Usually, a coyote is timid and would skulk away. These didn't. They just stared at me all quiet. At that point, I started backing off slowly back inside. :lol:  

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#63 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178873 Posts
Pennsylvania. Commander-Gree
Pennsylvania because we have a mix of areas. urban,suburban and countryside.helwa1988
Pennsylvania representing.....
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#64 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts

[QUOTE="Bucked20"]Probably NY from what Ive heard,I'd like to live in DC tho HipHopBeats

Lol, trust me, you heard wrong. NY is expensive, dirty, over crowded and full of a-holes

Ehhh I could deal with that,it still seems fun up there
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

jun_aka_pekto

Usually, a coyote is timid and would skulk away. These didn't. They just stared at me all quiet. At that point, I started backing off slowly back inside. :lol:  

Food? FOOOOOOOD!

...they problably thought, when looking at you.

Thats kind of the interesting/cool/scary thing about Bay Area suburbs, is all the wildlife and how its adapted to people.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#66 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I would recommend Wisconsin pretty highly IF winter didn't last as long and suck as hard as it does.

Right when I thought spring was around the corner, Mother Nature dropped 8 inches of snow on me. I hate this place right now. :(

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#67 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Bay Area is pretty nice depending on the area.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#68 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I don't have a problem with Cali, couldn't imagine living on the east coast, they get blizzards and the southeast gets hurricanes, middle of the country gets tornadoes. I would have to live on the west coast or Hawaii I think.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#69 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Not Maryland obviously.