Which Car Should My Parents Buy For Me?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Boogie_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Boogie_J
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

So yesterday was my birthday and my parents said they'll buy me a car! 8)

Right now leaning toward the 2007 lexus GS450H, but the 2008 GS460 is tempting!

help me out!

CIoud_S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CIoud_S
Member since 2007 • 3216 Posts
None, if you rely on somone else to buy you a car you won't respect it nor take care of it. Earn it on your own.
Darth_Tyrev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Darth_Tyrev
Member since 2005 • 7072 Posts
Get a job and buy it yourself.
g4ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 g4ronin
Member since 2004 • 727 Posts

Yea im not going to help you. It's disgusting that your parents are buying you a car and especially cars like that. Ew

dgbiker1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dgbiker1
Member since 2003 • 2139 Posts
Get a job and buy it yourself.Darth_Tyrev
X2, unless they're buying you a $500 beater. WTH would you want a Lexus (IS-F not included) anyway if you're under 60?
Montaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Montaya
Member since 2005 • 4269 Posts
Wow nice parents...
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Wow... I wish I had parents that spoiled the crap out of me... :|
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

definately a pinto

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Man that's crazy for a first car. Wouldn't you be better off with something suited to your age? I mean i'm guessing you're 16 or 17, and i think a teenager driving one of those would just be crazy. Way out of place.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
It's my birthday soon. I'm getting a few lessons... but no car. U_U
james28893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 james28893
Member since 2007 • 3252 Posts
Seriously, they're buying you one of those stupidly expensive cars, lucky bastard, go with the hybrid, even though diesel would be the best option I know they don't make the GS with a diesel.
Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts

Man that's crazy for a first car. Wouldn't you be better off with something suited to your age? I mean i'm guessing you're 16 or 17, and i think a teenager driving one of those would just be crazy. Way out of place.Ninja-Hippo

In a way i agree, but then if his parents are rich enough to afford it then why not.

Anyways, i wouldn't get a Lexus, i just don't like these cars.

ThaSod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 ThaSod
Member since 2007 • 1207 Posts

Edsel

But really, Prius is the wise choice.

james28893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 james28893

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Man that's crazy for a first car. Wouldn't you be better off with something suited to your age? I mean i'm guessing you're 16 or 17, and i think a teenager driving one of those would just be crazy. Way out of place.Tykain

In a way i agree, but then if his parents are rich enough to afford it then why not.

The size of the thing. Not wanting to offend but he probably couldn't handle that sized (or powerd) car.

aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts
I'm waiting to see how the new Acura TL 2009 model going to look like.... they say it going have AWD, imagine that on Type S... it going to be freaken sweet.. however 2nd choice is lexus... maybe the IS350 or maybe the ISF... however, I'm going to pay for my cars... not my parents. :)
james28893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 james28893

I'm waiting to see how the new Acura TL 2009 model going to look like.... they say it going have AWD, imagine that on Type S... it going to be freaken sweet.. however 2nd choice is lexus... maybe the IS350 or maybe the ISF... however, I'm going to pay for my cars... not my parents. :)aka_aj03

I envy you if you can afford an ISF.

Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Whicker89
Member since 2004 • 18919 Posts
$10 says he askes his parents for one of those cars and they laugh in his face
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ninja-Hippo
Does anyone else think that the lack of response from the TC coupled with the "buying me a car 8)" kinda paints the picture of someone maybe just bragging about being bought a car as opposed to anything else?
CStheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CStheGreat
Member since 2008 • 705 Posts
Depends on how much your parents are willing to spend. You sound rich, I'd take a STi or something.
Montaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Montaya
Member since 2005 • 4269 Posts
Maybe they are buying him some car addons off xbox live for his racing game on his 360 and he thinks hes getting a real car lol.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
$10 says he askes his parents for one of those cars and they laugh in his faceWhicker89
They'll get him a moped at least.
Boogie_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Boogie_J
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

Does anyone else think that the lack of response from the TC coupled with the "buying me a car 8)" kinda paints the picture of someone maybe just bragging about being bought a car as opposed to anything else? Ninja-Hippo

Like I said, i'm leaning toward the GS450H but I just wanted feedback from people who have driven both (if any)

my parents are the best. life sure is swell :)

hormagaunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hormagaunt
Member since 2003 • 6309 Posts
Fiat Pinto!
f15srcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 f15srcool
Member since 2005 • 2294 Posts
Ferrari. Or what Cloud_S said.
Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts
[QUOTE="Tykain"]

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Man that's crazy for a first car. Wouldn't you be better off with something suited to your age? I mean i'm guessing you're 16 or 17, and i think a teenager driving one of those would just be crazy. Way out of place.james28893

The size of the thing. Not wanting to offend but he probably couldn't handle that sized (or powerd) car.

Meh, very first car i drove was a Mercedes CLK (Not mine, my dad's) i had no problem driving it. it's not any harder to handle than a less powered car. No way my parents would have bought me an expenssive car tho, first car i owned was a Peugeot 205 that i bought myself when i was 18.

james28893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 james28893
[QUOTE="james28893"][QUOTE="Tykain"]

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Man that's crazy for a first car. Wouldn't you be better off with something suited to your age? I mean i'm guessing you're 16 or 17, and i think a teenager driving one of those would just be crazy. Way out of place.Tykain

Meh, very first car i drove was a Mercedes CLK (Not mine, my dad's) i had no problem driving it. it's not any harder to handle than a less powered car. No way my parents would have bought me an expenssive car tho, first car i owned was a Peugeot 205 that i bought myself when i was 18.

First car I drove was a Peugeot 106 :(, thankfully it wasn't mine.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21705 Posts
2008 model, and don't give a crap about these people saying buy/earn it yourself. If your parents have the money and are willing to spend then more kudos for you.
Jocubus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jocubus
Member since 2006 • 2812 Posts

This thread was obviously made so the TC could brag about it.

I don't understand why people brag when their parents buy them a car...it seems a bit emasculating to me. Its a smart move on the parents part though- now they can completely control when he goes out and better enforce grounding punishments.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ninja-Hippo

I don't understand why people brag when their parents buy them a car...it seems a bit emasculating to me. Its a smart move on the parents part though- now they can completely control when he goes out and better enforce grounding punishments.

Jocubus

That's what i hated about high school. :P I bought my own car. It was cheap, not great, but i loved it. Many other people had their parents buy them cars, and they drove them with such a horrible, cocky sense of self-worth which used to drive me crazy. There was even one kid who's dad bought him a brand new Mini Cooper which had been pimped out with spinners and 22's and sport bumpers and chrome. He bragged about it constantly not realising he was effectively being used by his parents to show everyone how much money they had.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ninja-Hippo
I wasn't talking about you then, by the way, TC. Please dont be offended. :)
Avatar image for the_foreign_guy
the_foreign_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the_foreign_guy
Member since 2005 • 22657 Posts
[QUOTE="Jocubus"]

Ninja-Hippo

That's what i hated about high school. :P I bought my own car. It was cheap, not great, but i loved it. Many other people had their parents buy them cars, and they drove them with such a horrible, cocky sense of self-worth which used to drive me crazy. There was even one kid who's dad bought him a brand new Mini Cooper which had been pimped out with spinners and 22's and sport bumpers and chrome. He bragged about it constantly not realising he was effectively being used by his parents to show everyone how much money they had.

Yeah I hate that. :( I'd be glad to own any car that runs. First car should not be a really good car, especially if you're a teenager. But I do hope to save up for my own mini cooper one day...one day far away. :(

UTXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 UTXII
Member since 2007 • 3448 Posts
Mine paid for half of mine, an 8000 dollar. I worked hard to get that 4k to pay for it.
hockeyjunkie28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hockeyjunkie28
Member since 2004 • 4715 Posts
That's just disgusting...my first car was a 94 Chevy
dgbiker1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dgbiker1
Member since 2003 • 2139 Posts

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]Does anyone else think that the lack of response from the TC coupled with the "buying me a car 8)" kinda paints the picture of someone maybe just bragging about being bought a car as opposed to anything else? Boogie_J

Like I said, i'm leaning toward the GS450H but I just wanted feedback from people who have driven both (if any)

my parents are the best. life sure is swell :)

I've driven the GS460 and I didn't like it at all to put it bluntly. It's like driving a giant couch, if that's what you're after. The Infiniti M is a much better car IMO, slightly less fancy interior but far better driving dynamics. BMW 5 series is even better. For the sake of disclosure I should say that I'm not a fan of big luxury sedans after owning an Infiniti I35, they're all just really boring to drive. They can stuff big engines in to make them accelerate fast, but the weight and size is definitely noticeable in the handling. After my Infiniti I've only bought smaller cars since they're more fun to drive. My dad continues to buy the bigger Infiniti, Lexi, and Acuras so I try them out when I'm home, but I'm not a big fan. I can't help but think how much nicer it would be to get rid of all the extra space and use the money on some upgrades. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you have 4 seats you're set, legroom isn't important:P

With your budget I'd be looking at BMW 335, BMW 135, VW GLI/GTI/R32, Infiniti G35, Audi S4/S5, WRX STI and Pontiac G8 (never imagined I would even think of a GM:D). Then again, maybe you'd be better off with a slower, safer Lexus given that you're new to driving. Just my 2 cents.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
Member since 2005 • 6976 Posts
My first car was a 97 grand prix for $2700, got a loan for it to build my credit:D
Avatar image for Raged-wolverine
Raged-wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Raged-wolverine
Member since 2005 • 6075 Posts
2007 Bugatti Veyyron (sp?)...since u didn't mention any price range...:P
scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#37 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts
2008 Cadillac CTS
hockeyjunkie28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hockeyjunkie28
Member since 2004 • 4715 Posts

2007 Bugatti Veyyron (sp?)...since u didn't mention any price range...:PRaged-wolverine

Isn't that like a million dollar car???

aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts

[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]I'm waiting to see how the new Acura TL 2009 model going to look like.... they say it going have AWD, imagine that on Type S... it going to be freaken sweet.. however 2nd choice is lexus... maybe the IS350 or maybe the ISF... however, I'm going to pay for my cars... not my parents. :)james28893

I envy you if you can afford an ISF.

hopefully i will envy myself too if i can afford an ISF.. right now i just waiting to see the whole new model for Acura TL... if it doesn't welcome my taste... i will put my best effort in meeting my budget to the ISF.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts

Jocubus

well my grandpa said hed pay for half of a truck as a graduation present which really means i get his truck for 1500 (its a 1999 Dodge Dakota) but i still have to earn that 1500 in order to get it.

[QUOTE="Jocubus"]

Ninja-Hippo

who puts flippin 22" spinners on a mini thats just tasteless

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FUBAR24

[QUOTE="Raged-wolverine"]2007 Bugatti Veyyron (sp?)...since u didn't mention any price range...:Phockeyjunkie28

more life half a mil...the new Lamborgini Revention is 1.6 million though

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FUBAR24
[QUOTE="FUBAR24"][QUOTE="hockeyjunkie28"]

[QUOTE="Raged-wolverine"]2007 Bugatti Veyyron (sp?)...since u didn't mention any price range...:PRaged-wolverine

more life half a mil...the new Lamborgini Revention is 1.6 million though

r u out of ur mind....the bugatti veyyron is for 1.8 million pounds.....WTF r u smoking??

hmm i swore i saw somewhere it said half a mill but i just checked it out and i found 1.2 Mil USD

commander55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 commander55
Member since 2007 • 350 Posts
Buy a sportscar. Hell with that kind of money, you could live the American dream (not quite sure what that is but anyway). I suggest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Subaru Impreza, just whatever you do don't go for the RX-8, the RX-7 much better.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FUBAR24

Buy a sportscar. Hell with that kind of money, you could live the American dream (not quite sure what that is but anyway). I suggest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Subaru Impreza, just whatever you do don't go for the RX-8, the RX-7 much better.commander55

ya except Gen 3 RX-7s 94-97 are extremely hard to come by. my uncle used to have a gen 2 RX-7 but it got stolen and stripped

Smoke89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 Smoke89
Member since 2003 • 3575 Posts
Why on earth would you want either of those cars..... supposing you aren't being stupid and just posting this to make people jealous of how "wealthy" your parents are. For a kid getting his first car, esp. with 50k, you could get something sick... not some retirement luxury sedan... get a coupe or something mildly cool, please.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#47 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
Damn, don't get an expensive one. Your first car should be something cheap but safe and fuel efficient. Your parents would be forking out enough insurance money as it is.
Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts
Putting anything more then a 4 banger in the hands of a freshly licensed driver, regardless of what you can afford, isn't exactly the smartest idea.
DeathStar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#49 DeathStar17
Member since 2005 • 4858 Posts
Buy a sportscar. Hell with that kind of money, you could live the American dream (not quite sure what that is but anyway). I suggest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Subaru Impreza, just whatever you do don't go for the RX-8, the RX-7 much better.commander55
I'm not sure that the American dream consists of driving a Japanese tuner car...but ok.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FUBAR24

[QUOTE="commander55"]Buy a sportscar. Hell with that kind of money, you could live the American dream (not quite sure what that is but anyway). I suggest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Subaru Impreza, just whatever you do don't go for the RX-8, the RX-7 much better.DeathStar17
I'm not sure that the American dream consists of driving a Japanese tuner car...but ok.

welcome to Highschool