Where are you on the [Political Compass] scale? Take the quiz.

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Please post your results, Dave.Laihendi
Will take the test now
BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 BMD004
Member since 2010 • 5883 Posts

I don't like that test. It has some really stupid questions.

"It is important my child's school instills religious values". What does that have to do with a political test?

"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity." Again, what does that have to do with political leanings?

"A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system." That's true... it would be an advantage. But that doesn't mean I agree with a one party state. So how do I answer that?

"First-generation immigrants can never be fully integrated within their new country." Never? Not even one person?

"When you are troubled, it's better not to think about it, but to keep busy with more cheerful things." ??????

"The most important thing for children to learn is to accept discipline." Again... MOST important? Do I have to rank things in my head and come to the conclusion that discipline is the MOST important?

"An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." Depends on the situation. How can I answer that?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 dave123321

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Here is mine: 

pcgraphpng.php?ec=1.50&soc=-1.38

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
[QUOTE=""]

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Here is mine: 

pcgraphpng.php?ec=1.50&soc=-1.38

dave123321

I was right.
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#55 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

pcgraphpng.php?ec=-1.75&soc=-2.72

Yay centrism and moderation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#56 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I want to see someone get right on the middle crosshair.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#57 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I don't like that test. It has some really stupid questions.

"It is important my child's school instills religious values". What does that have to do with a political test?

"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity." Again, what does that have to do with political leanings?

"A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system." That's true... it would be an advantage. But that doesn't mean I agree with a one party state. So how do I answer that?

"First-generation immigrants can never be fully integrated within their new country." Never? Not even one person?

"When you are troubled, it's better not to think about it, but to keep busy with more cheerful things." ??????

"The most important thing for children to learn is to accept discipline." Again... MOST important? Do I have to rank things in my head and come to the conclusion that discipline is the MOST important?

"An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." Depends on the situation. How can I answer that?

BMD004
>Religion in schools is usually associated with Conservatives, which leans towards authoritarian. >"Making peace with the establishment" is the opposite of anarchism, which would lean libertarian. >"...democratic system..." being the key element of that phrase. The statement is true otherwise, but that element is what you answer against/in favour of. >Authoritarian/Conservative question. If you think as such, it would shift you towards authoritarian. >I'm not even sure about this one. >Your level of agreement would shift towards authoritarian. >Generally do you accept it? "agree strongly" Only under certain circumstances? "agree" You don't like it but recognize it might be useful for some? "disagree" You abhor the idea? "disagree strongly" It's a poorly worded test, that is for sure. This test is better. It has greater dimensional detail. It is US-poltical based, but gives a better idea of where you fall. Mine: www.politicaltest.net/test/result/301741//
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

tried to be a demented as possible with this one

pcgraphpng.php?ec=8.88&soc=8.62

BossPerson

You landed near bush and Santorum.

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

jimkabrhel

I got so close.

pcgraphpng.php?ec=-0.75&soc=0.77

Jimn_tonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Jimn_tonic
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

I answered the questions as honestly as I could. I always imagined I was closer to the left. 

pcgraphpng.php?ec=2.38&soc=-4.87

Crunchy_Nuts

this is about where i am.

these quizes are never that accurate, tho.

they constantly have to tweak them

and the political spectrum itself shifts quite a bit with each decade or so.

You landed near bush and Santorum.

Jebus213

eeewwwwww...

that is a rock and a hard place i do not want to be in between

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#61 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

ive done these so so many times. lemme just save some time.

Generally speaking my coordinates are (-3, 2) or (-3, -3) I bounce between authoritarian and libertarian, but i'm always on the left side near the middle.

whenever i've done this test - and i've done it a few times for years now, i end up at just at that range every time.  

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
@ Ace - You are once again failing to understand the difference advocating the removal of rights and not recognizing a right as exist anyways. You are literally ignoring my rebuttal and just rewording your original statement. Anyways, wealth is the product of individual labour and it is a necessity to sustain life. To say that a man does not have a right to the product of his own labour is to say that a man does not have a right to sustain his own life - that he does not have a right to live. The concept of man not havin a right to live is in no way beneficial to the individuals that constitute humanity.Laihendi
I'm aware you don't recognize them as a right that exists, that doesn't mean you're correct in that assumption however. Your opinion is your own subjective take on things and as such are not always going to be correct in this sort of thing. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they are ignoring you. Just because some dead fiction writer had an opinion doesn't mean it was right and the same goes for what you think. Societies that don't have a right for a man to own all he produces (ie, every single society ever) have worked out quite well and hasn't impacted an individuals right to life in any way. I'm not saying a man shouldn't have anything he produces but he certainly doesn't have the right to all the wealth he produces. In practice even your ideal society wouldn't have such a thing, it would claim to no doubt but in the end it wouldn't be true. You would take away the vast majority of the populations ability to vote and their ability to retain rights given to them by the constitution for your own subjective reasons. It's because of this that I find you to be an authoritarian hiding behind the guise of a libertarian.
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Here is mine, some people might be interested

pcgraphpng.php?ec=7.12&soc=0.62

I agree some questions were very odd. And hopefulyl everyone can acknowledge the GS Liberal bias

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

I expect to be in the lower right quadrant as per usual, but I'll take it tomorrow anyway.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#65 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Last I took it I was about halfway down the libertarian half and maybe a quarter of the way across the right half.
Avatar image for radicalcentrist
radicalcentrist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 radicalcentrist
Member since 2012 • 335 Posts

[QUOTE="Laihendi"][QUOTE="Ace6301"] Libertarian on this is mostly individual rights and the left/right more about economics. US libertarians have unfortunately made a joke out of it.YoshiYogurt
The right to the wealth you produce is an individual right. A left-libertarian possesses contradictory values. A right-authoritarian does as well. Also, in reference to your other post - I respect rights that exist. Voting is a privilege, not a right. Voting necessitates candidates and some man-made political system. Anything necessitating human labour cannot be a right. Aljosa, I can only assume that you do not understand what libertarian and authoritarian means. Authoritarianism is the ideology of fascists and communists. If you think a social system defined by a dictator ruling with fear, guns, and goons is a good thing then you have serious problems to work out.

What do you think about CEOs how rake in millions while the people who work for them struggle to get by? Is that wealth acquired fairly?

Well the owners of the compay thought that this CEO could increase revenue by at least millions of dollars, clearly not so for individual workers. I see nothing wrong with that arrangement. Greg Mankiw in his last essay gave a great thought experiment. 

Imagine an economy where everyone has equal preferences and equal productivity (as in has equal amounts of skill and an equal amount of wealth). This society would be completely equal. Things are going along smoothly until someone invents a device, we'll call it a "PS4", that only he can produce. Everyone wants a PS4. Consequently, the inventor of this PS4 will be substantially wealthier than the rest of his countrymen. However, every time someone bought a PS4, they were better off. So this inequality was caused by someone's actions making society better off. 

There's nothing morally objectionable to this new state of affairs. Clearly, then, inequality by itself is not a problem.  

For those curious, here are my results

pcgraphpng.php?ec=1.75&soc=-1.90 

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 chessmaster1989

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="Laihendi"] The right to the wealth you produce is an individual right. A left-libertarian possesses contradictory values. A right-authoritarian does as well. Also, in reference to your other post - I respect rights that exist. Voting is a privilege, not a right. Voting necessitates candidates and some man-made political system. Anything necessitating human labour cannot be a right. Aljosa, I can only assume that you do not understand what libertarian and authoritarian means. Authoritarianism is the ideology of fascists and communists. If you think a social system defined by a dictator ruling with fear, guns, and goons is a good thing then you have serious problems to work out.radicalcentrist

What do you think about CEOs how rake in millions while the people who work for them struggle to get by? Is that wealth acquired fairly?

Well the owners of the compay thought that this CEO could increase revenue by at least millions of dollars, clearly not so for individual workers. I see nothing wrong with that arrangement. Greg Mankiw in his last essay gave a great thought experiment. 

Imagine an economy where everyone has equal preferences and equal productivity (as in has equal amounts of skill and an equal amount of wealth). This society would be completely equal. Things are going along smoothly until someone invents a device, we'll call it a "PS4", that only he can produce. Everyone wants a PS4. Consequently, the inventor of this PS4 will be substantially wealthier than the rest of his countrymen. However, every time someone bought a PS4, they were better off. So this inequality was caused by someone's actions making society better off. 

There's nothing morally objectionable to this new state of affairs. Clearly, then, inequality by itself is not a problem.  

I'd be amused if Greg Mankiw were a PS fanboy. :P

OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 OrkHammer007
Member since 2006 • 4753 Posts

You do realize that you can post whatever you feel like, simply by viewing the image, and changing the values in the address bar, right?

cheated

The first value changes the x-axis, the second changes the y-axis.

cheat2

Easy as hell.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 dave123321

You do realize that you can post whatever you feel like, simply by viewing the image, and changing the values in the address bar, right?

cheated

cheat2

Easy as hell.

OrkHammer007
Tc feels that people aren't sad enough to lie about this
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

A lot of the questions were not straight forward and required more than an agree or disagree to respond to. Also, I feel that there was way too much emphasis on social policies and not enough on economic policies.

Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts

Basically what I thought it woul bde......

pcgraphpng.php?ec=4.50&soc=-3.28

Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Crushmaster
Member since 2008 • 4324 Posts

I hate it on these quizzes when none of the answers fit me - hence why you won't be getting a result from me (thanks, abortion question). But as a little nugget: I am against all restrictions on weapons of any type, against a different tax-rate for different people, against all but sales tax (and it should be no higher than 10%), think public schools should not exist, believe abortion should be illegal in all circumstances, against same-sex marriage being recognized, etc., etc. So, basically, fully rightwing. 

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

I hate it on these quizzes when none of the answers fit me - hence why you won't be getting a result from me (thanks, abortion question). But as a little nugget: I am against all restrictions on weapons of any type, against a different tax-rate for different people, against all but sales tax (and it should be no higher than 10%), think public schools should not exist, believe abortion should be illegal in all circumstances, against same-sex marriage being recognized, etc., etc. So, basically, fully rightwing. 

Crushmaster
So you're an extreme right wing nutjob? Got it.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 foxhound_fox
So, basically, fully rightwing.Crushmaster
In this test's paradigm, you'd fall on the left of center. Your economic ideals are not conservative, merely your social ideals. So you would fall somewhere in the upper left quadrant.
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 chessmaster1989
I am against all restrictions on weapons of any typeCrushmaster
What about nukes?
Crushmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Crushmaster
Member since 2008 • 4324 Posts

So you're an extreme right wing nutjob? Got it.Toxic-Seahorse

A wild, mature insult appears! 
In this test's paradigm, you'd fall on the left of center. Your economic ideals are not conservative, merely your social ideals. So you would fall somewhere in the upper left quadrant.foxhound_fox

The left wants to raise taxes, so I fail to see how that puts me there. 
What about nukes?chessmaster1989

Have at 'em. I don't care if someone has an Apache, grenades, or, yes, a nuke.  

ALovelyHorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ALovelyHorse
Member since 2013 • 474 Posts
Crushmaster are you still writing fiction stories? TFG greatly enjoyed the nights that I read out your works on Teamspeak, can you please link me to where you store them so I can resume spreading your work around?
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

pcgraphpng.php?ec=1.75&soc=-4.51

Seems accurate.

Jimn_tonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Jimn_tonic
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

think public schools should not exist

Crushmaster

wat? how could you ruin the imagination of our children?!

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

Surprised, I am not.

middle

OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 OrkHammer007

[QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]

cheated

cheat2

Easy as hell.

dave123321

Tc feels that people aren't sad enough to lie about this

Why not? It's fun to make people guess where you fall in those silly quizzes...

cheat3

cheat 4

If I were really motivated, I'd dig out the code for the image and change the top and bottom to reflect reality:

"Libertarian" = "Read 'Atlas Shrugged' 5 times"

"Authoritarian" = "Faps to Stalin's picture"

ALovelyHorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ALovelyHorse
Member since 2013 • 474 Posts
"Authoritarian" = "Faps to Stalin's picture"OrkHammer007
 I'm straight and I'd still sleep with him.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Ace6301
Orkhammer refreshing everyones memories of their fourth grade math class.
OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 OrkHammer007

Orkhammer refreshing everyones memories of their fourth grade math class. Ace6301
You must have been held back. I did this stuff in third grade.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]Orkhammer refreshing everyones memories of their fourth grade math class. OrkHammer007

You must have been held back. I did this stuff in third grade.

I honestly can't remember when I did this, all I know it was before I was 10.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#86 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

wat? how could you ruin the imagination of our children?!

*pic*

Jimn_tonic
rofl
byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#87 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

Hatiko

I got so close.

pcgraphpng.php?ec=-0.75&soc=0.77

was close to yours

pcgraphpng.png

Avatar image for HomicidalCherry
HomicidalCherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 HomicidalCherry
Member since 2009 • 959 Posts

"Libertarian" = "Read 'Atlas Shrugged' 5 times"

OrkHammer007

They've defined libertarian differently in this context.  They separated out social and economic policies.  "Libertarian" is basically left-wing social views in this test.

THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#89 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts

dd

No surprise really.

AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 AcidThunder
Member since 2010 • 2332 Posts

pcgraphpng.php?ec=-3.12&soc=-2.36.

applesxc47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#91 applesxc47
Member since 2008 • 10761 Posts

okay

Here's mine, what does this mean?

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#92 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts

okay

applesxc47
You like Ron Paul with a little bit of green party? You're not a big free market guy, but believes in individual responsibility and liberty. You don't mind government regulation if properly applied. You want legalized marijuana and gay marriage. You never cared for wars overseas and you believe in some social safety net? My best guess.
johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

dd

THGarrett

Pretty much the same as this.

applesxc47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#94 applesxc47
Member since 2008 • 10761 Posts

[QUOTE="applesxc47"]

okay

DevilMightCry

You like Ron Paul with a little bit of green party? You're not a big free market guy, but believes in individual responsibility and liberty. You don't mind government regulation if properly applied. You want legalized marijuana and gay marriage. You never cared for wars overseas and you believe in some social safety net? My best guess.

I have no idea who Ron Paul is and I'm not interested in politics whatsoever, I just know he's the guy who Lai's humping :P

I don't have a problem with the free market, but the rest is more or less correct.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

pcgraphpng.php?ec=-2.62&soc=-0.05

Here's mine.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

Easy as hell.OrkHammer007
You say that like there's any reason people would lie about this
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 foxhound_fox
The left wants to raise taxes, so I fail to see how that puts me there. Crushmaster
The left wants income equality. I'm more right winged than you.
Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts

[QUOTE="Crushmaster"]The left wants to raise taxes, so I fail to see how that puts me there. foxhound_fox
The left wants income equality. I'm more right winged than you.

I did the test you linked as well. Much more accurate IMO. Here's my result.

http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/303566/

This one's just for a bit of fun.

http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/303610/

or is it?

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 chessmaster1989

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"] What about nukes?Crushmaster
Have at 'em. I don't care if someone has an Apache, grenades, or, yes, a nuke.

Alright I'm sure you're joking here. But seriously, where do you draw the line?

SandwichLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 SandwichLord
Member since 2013 • 44 Posts
It's crazy how close Obama and Romney are on that chart. Yet their respective parties make it seem like they are at completely opposite ends of the spectrum.