What's your stance on the following ..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

This seems to be the run-of-the-mill most asked questions that politicians running for office usually get asked. Was wondering what's the majority's stance on them (not necessarily 100% as it cannot be a binary choice, but where do you lean towards the most).

1- Anti War or Pro War

2- Pro Choice or Pro Life

3- Anti or Pro Death Penalty

4- Pro Gun Regulation or Pro 2nd Amendment

5- Open Borders or Anti Immigrantion

6- Pro Union or Pro Big Business

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

1- Pro War

2- Pro Life

3- Pro Death Penalty

4- Pro Gun Regulation

5- Open Borders

6- Pro Union

EDIT: Must also mention that all of the above are strictly 'contextual'.

Avatar image for the_truthteller
The_Truthteller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Truthteller
Member since 2015 • 33 Posts
@Mystery_Writer said:

This seems to be the run-of-the-mill most asked questions that politicians running for office usually get asked. Was wondering what's the majority's stance on them (i.e. where do you lean towards the most).

1- Anti War or Pro War

5- Open Borders or Anti Immigrant

I'am:

1- Anti war

2- Pro life

3- Anti death penalty

4- Pro 2nd Amendment

5- Anti immigration

6- Pro Union

Also, if you don't mind me asking, would you like me to guide you to the truth, basically what I'am saying is: Would you like to take the red pill? A warning though, the truth may be hard for you to take in.

Yours sincerely, The_Truthteller

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
  1. Ridiculous
  2. Pro killing babies
  3. Frankly, I don't care which I find a little disturbing.
  4. Both
  5. Pro get here legally and don't overstay your visa.
  6. If someone wanna unionize in the private sector I don't mind. I'm a capitalist.
Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

@the_truthteller said:

Also, if you don't mind me asking, would you like me to guide you to the truth

sure, what do you have?

The_Truthteller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 The_Truthteller

@Mystery_Writer said:
@the_truthteller said:

Also, if you don't mind me asking, would you like me to guide you to the truth

sure, what do you have?

I'll private message you. And again be warned, the truth may be hard for you to take in.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Master_Live

@the_truthteller said:

Also, if you don't mind me asking, would you like me to guide you to the truth, basically what I'am saying is: Would you like to take the red pill? A warning though, the truth may be hard for you to take in.

The_Truthteller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_Truthteller

@Master_Live said:
@the_truthteller said:

Would you like me to guide you to the truth as well, basically what I'am saying is: Would you like to take the red pill? A warning though, the truth may be hard for you to take in. I'll private message you if you the information if you say yes.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#9  Edited By BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

@the_truthteller: i wanna know the truth, too

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@Mystery_Writer said:

This seems to be the run-of-the-mill most asked questions that politicians running for office usually get asked. Was wondering what's the majority's stance on them (not necessarily 100% as it cannot be a binary choice, but where do you lean towards the most).

1- Anti War or Pro War

5- Open Borders or Anti Immigrant

1. Generally I'm against going to war. There needs to be a damn good reason for us to go to war, putting our troops at high risk, and dealing with the consequences of that war. In a situation like ISIS though, who are killing other people, I think it's a good idea for the US and its allies to cooperate and eliminate that threat. We don't need another Holocaust.

2. Pro-choice. If a woman gets raped, she should have the right to abort the fetus. Pro-lifers just want to control women and their bodies.

3. Anti-death penalty. Serial killers, rapists, and other scum shouldn't be given the liberation of death. Let them rot in a cell for life and force them to live with what they did.

4. Regulating guns doesn't seem to always work. Case in point, Chicago. Law abiding gun owners shouldn't be punished by the actions of criminals. Disarming people is highly unethical because it leaves them defenseless while the scum of the Earth obtain guns illegally and use them to their advantage. I'm not a gun owner, but I respect peoples' right to own them so long as they are mentally fit to own one and know how to use it safely. I'm pro-Second Amendment.

5. I support legal immigration. Immigrants are the only reason the US is continuing to grow. Our low birth rates coupled with a large Baby Boomer generation on the brink of dying off would cause the population to decline. Having lots of young people in the workforce is crucial for the economy. As for amnesty, I think illegal immigrants can stay if they can prove to be useful to society, as opposed to mooching or committing crimes. The ones that do so should be deported to their home country.

6. I'm honestly not entirely familiar with this whole thing. Although it appears Unions favor fair treatment of employees more than big business, so that alone makes me lean towards Unions.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@Mystery_Writer said:

1- Anti War or Pro War

I support the right of every nation to wage war when it's justified.

I support the right of women to choose if they want to keep a child or not.

I support the death penalty.

I support reasonable gun control measures.

I believe immigration needs to be controlled.

I am neither pro union nor pro big business. I am pro workers rights.

Megane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Megane
Member since 2015 • 685 Posts
  • Anti-war
  • Pro-life
  • Anti-death penalty
  • Pro gun regulation
  • Circumstantial
  • Pro-union
Ring_of_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ring_of_fire
Member since 2003 • 15880 Posts
  • Generally, Anti-War.
  • Pro-life. By that, I mean what is conventionally known as "Pro-choice".
  • Anti Death Penalty. Financial reasons mostly.
  • Pro-Gun regulation
  • More to the open borders side.
  • Pro Union.
The_Truthteller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Truthteller

@thegerg: Would you like me to guide you to the truth, basically what I'am saying is: Would you like to take the red pill? A warning though, the truth may be hard for you to take in. I'll private message you if you the information if you say yes.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Master_Live

@the_truthteller said:
@Master_Live said:
@the_truthteller said:

Would you like me to guide you to the truth as well, basically what I'am saying is: Would you like to take the red pill? A warning though, the truth may be hard for you to take in. I'll private message you if you the information if you say yes.

No, I like living a lie. I can't handle the truth.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

1- War is sometimes justifiable

2- Pro choice, personally opposed to abortion under most circumstances

3- Anti death penalty

4- Pro some regulation

5- Mostly pro open borders

6- Mixed feelings

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

I think all of those issues are far too complex to be pigeon-holed into one of two groups. I'd describe myself as pro-life, but I think women should have the right to abortions. I'm anti war, but I also think there are times when it's unavoidable...

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23941 Posts

@Mystery_Writer said:

1- Anti War or Pro War

Anti-War in most cases. But sometimes war is a necessary evil. That said, avoid going into several wars at once in the future. The War on Terror was a colossal failure.

Pro Abortion. Pro-Life would be better in a perfect world, but in reality, adoptions dont work out as well as one might hope, with overcrowded orphanages, lack of adults willing to adopt and illegal abortions.

Anti Death Penalty. Until we get better ways target the verify the correct criminal, this is my opinion on the stance. Once we get a foolproof way of identifying the offender however, my stance might change.

Pro Gun Rights. Keeps people employed and there is absolutely no evidence of gun regulation working... at all.

Somewhere inbetween. Better measures against illegal immigration, and perhaps if possible, try to find and solve the root causes. But Illegal Immigrants, should also ahve improved opportunity to become fully fledged citizens.

Mixed feelings.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

War can be necessary. Often times it's not.

pro choice.

anti death penalty

for reasonable gun laws

for reasonable immergration laws. We need to have filters

Mixed.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

First... I need a drink before I answer any questions. My lips are quite parched,

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

I believe there can be just wars, although most wars are not justified.

Pro-life

Anti-death penalty.

Guns needs to be reasonably regulated. If you want a gun fine, but proper channels need to be in place to prevent the wrong people from obtaining guns.

Secure and safe border while at the same time providing the ability to take in the immigrants who have made this country great. Deporting millions of people doesn't make sense.

With tough regulation of business by the government unions in most industries are no longer necessary, however in some circumstances they can provide a valuable means to raise wages, that being said nobody should be forced to join a union.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

Pro-War when it is necessary.
Pro choice.
Pro death penalty for extreme cases like diddlers and murderers. Why should money be wasted to keep people like that alive and healthy?
Pro gun regulation. I believe people should have the right to own firearms for protection...but assault rifles? Give me a fucking break.
Anti-immigration. There are enough problems as it is with foreigners refusing to assimilate.
Pro big businesses. I HATE unions! They played their part in history and were effective. They are not needed anymore. They just serve to help the deadbeats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

1. Pro war
2. Pro life
3. Pro death penalty
4. Pro second amendment, 100% anti gun control
5. Pro big business

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

1. I'm pro defensive military.
  2. Pro-choice until an alternative is found.
  3. Heavily against state-sanctioned death.
  4. Very heavily in favour of people's right to bear arms.
  5. Pro-immigration and pro-multiculturalism.
  6. Anti-both actually. Hate how unions are mostly corporations these days (aside from the few still needed, i.e. teachers and nurses) and hate how most North American corporations get huge tax and environmental breaks.
  7. I'm also incredibly pro-privacy.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

1. I believe in a strong military although I much prefer they stay within US borders.

2. Pro Choice

3. I would be for the abolition of the death penalty if inmates were to do hard labor. Inmates should earn their board and food. None of this BS about having free gym, free TV, free Internet.

4. Pro-gun regulation. I have no problems if my guns have a paper trail.

5. Definitely anti-illegal immigration. There's a system in place and it works. Use it.

6. I'm for both. They balance each other out.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

My view on most of them can change depending on the situation.

1. Depends on the enemy, if its IS I would say go for it. Iraq and Afghanistan were sometimes a grey areas in my mind, though. Obviously WW2 was necessary.

2. Pro choice in most cases, but there are some situations where a person's ability to choose may need to be taken away. Like I said in another thread about abortion, if you have taken all of the precautions to stop pregnancy and still fall pregnant, I can understand the wanting to abort or not have the baby. But I think if you have gotten pregnant through negligence then you shouldn't just be able to kill what you could have easily prevented from developing. In situations with certain mental health problems a persons ability make their own choices may need to be discussed as well.

3. I personally think living can be a punishment if the prisons are strict enough. But some people that have committed bad crimes aren't necessarily getting strict conditions. Depends on the severity of the crime. For instance, a bombing that kills multiple people and deliberately looks to kill as many as possible, a death penalty would be a reasonable outcome. As for murders, it would depend on the circumstances surrounding it. If its just an attack with little provocation, yes maybe. However, if it is an attack that has occurred due to months of harassment, abuse, personal arguments or other aspects that can cause mental instabilities, maybe not.

4. Pro Gun Regulation, the less access inexperienced people and unstable people have to guns, the better. It does not necessarily mean you can't have a gun if you want one, more background checking and such just needs to be done. It would also mean less guns for people to obtain through friends or other people who may be interested in the money rather than what type of person is buying the weapons.

5. Open borders.

6. Both.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Hey I'm really curious to know the truth now...

Also, anti war, pro choice, anti-death penalty, pro better gun regulation without taking away the right to own guns, open borders, both.