What's a band you use to like..

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts

But don't anymore.

Mine would be Linkin Park.

Minutes and Midnight is what did it for me.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

I'd agree with LP. Not that I still don't like them, but everything after Meteora to me was just crap.

wildjango64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wildjango64
Member since 2009 • 3537 Posts

Linkin Park

AfI

Good charlotte

Sugar ray

Taking back sunday

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

Oasis. I used to be obsessed.

I still like everything they did in the 90's, but everything since then has gone from bad to worse. They're absolutely horrible now. Totally irrelevent and still churning out the same guitar-rock-by-numbers rubbish they have been for the last 10 years.

WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WhiteSnake5000
Member since 2005 • 12454 Posts

Children of Bodom and Norther... now, not so much.

Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

System of a Down. Their first three albums were great but due to their mediocre douche of a guitarist, the last two were terrible. But Serj Tankian's Elect the Dead was fantastic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 avatar_genius
Member since 2009 • 8056 Posts

I used to listen to the Offspring a lot, but I moved onto other bands.

Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
Coldplay. I don't care for their music anymore.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
Linkin Park is definitely up there.
tidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tidan
Member since 2003 • 369 Posts

Slipknot, i still like their first album tho because it brings back memories of a time in my life that is passed.

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts

System of a Down. Their first three albums were great but due to their mediocre douche of a guitarist, the last two were terrible. But Serj Tankian's Elect the Dead was fantastic.

Dark_Knight6
I still like all of SOAD's stuff but I know what you mean. The album named system of the down was IMO there best.
Commander-Gree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Commander-Gree
Member since 2009 • 4929 Posts
I really liked Green Day's first album, but hate their new stuff.
tidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tidan

[QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

chaoz-king

I still like all of SOAD's stuff but I know what you mean. The album named system of the down was IMO there best.

The first album was the best because it was before they went mainstream. when we heard for the first time it was like nothing we ever heard before and a very innovative style of music. Second album was good but thats when i started to loose intrest.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

I can't think of anything.

Except, Paramore. :roll:

When I first heard them, I liked them a lot. When home and started listening to more, and then hated it litterally within an hour.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178874 Posts
It's not like I don't like them....I still buy new CD's from habit....it's just I'm not playing them more than once or twice. They are easily forgotten....and the band is U2.
DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DrSponge
Member since 2008 • 12763 Posts

Dark_Knight6
Agreed on the SOAD part, I disliked Elect the Dead though.
Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 Oblivionfan10
Member since 2008 • 6327 Posts
Sadly it once was GWAR. I enjoyed a lot of their music
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 THE_BRUTALIZER
Member since 2008 • 3488 Posts

STATIC X. I used to love them like a little girl in love with the jonas brothers.

Then, I lost my christian faith and busted loose on the death/black metal genres. I did indeed change a bit. I also grew out my hair. A lot. I mean, i used to be the standard clean cut little 5th grader that all the parents loved haha music like changed my life

-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts

I think Jimmy Eat Worlds - "Just Tonight ..." is one of the best songs ever.
When I heard more of their stuff, it sounded like some emo band :cry:

THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 THE_BRUTALIZER
Sadly it once was GWAR. I enjoyed a lot of their musicOblivionfan10
Yeah I used to be a fan of them as well. Until i realized their music sucked and I only liked them for stage appearance....
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dark_Knight6

[QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

DrSponge

Do I have to get out the lead pipe, again? :x

Serj was always the genius behind SOAD and his solo work was just so much more mature and varied than the garbage that Daron continues to spew out.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
Modest Mouse's sound changed too much after Moon and Antarctica, which wasn't a bad album necessarily, but I liked their stuff on Up Records and K a lot better.
OnlyKurial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OnlyKurial
Member since 2009 • 1102 Posts

I used to listen to All That Remains, I still do but I don't like their music as much now.

Tuky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Tuky06
Member since 2007 • 5026 Posts

AC/DC, I don't dislike them, I just don't care about them anymore.

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DrSponge

[QUOTE="DrSponge"][QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

Dark_Knight6

Do I have to get out the lead pipe, again? :x

Serj was always the genius behind SOAD and his solo work was just so much more mature and varied than the garbage that Daron continues to spew out.

Okay, well I listened to that song about walls (Empty Walls I think it was called) and didn't like it :P I'm not really into SOAD anymore so, I doubt I'd like his solo work. Steal This Album! was their best.
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 THE_BRUTALIZER

AC/DC, I don't dislike them, I just don't care about them anymore.

Tuky06
haha same here.....
Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Oblivionfan10
[QUOTE="Oblivionfan10"]Sadly it once was GWAR. I enjoyed a lot of their musicTHE_BRUTALIZER
Yeah I used to be a fan of them as well. Until i realized their music sucked and I only liked them for stage appearance....

You know what, pretty much same here. I just liked their live show antics. Though, I would never go to one myself
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dark_Knight6

The first album was the best because it was before they went mainstream. when we heard for the first time it was like nothing we ever heard before and a very innovative style of music. Second album was good but thats when i started to loose intrest.

tidan

Their debut was fantastic. Toxicity had some made for radio tracks on it but inbetween those, you have some great songs. And it was, overall, just another fantastic album.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Linkin Park, Backstreet Boys, Beach Boys, Coldplay, and (more recently) DragonForce.
DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DrSponge

[QUOTE="tidan"]

Dark_Knight6

Their debut was fantastic. Toxicity had some made for radio tracks on it but inbetween those, you have some great songs. And it was, overall, just another fantastic album.

I disliked Toxicity. Seemed so...bland.
Oblivionfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Oblivionfan10
Linkin Park, Backstreet Boys, Beach Boys, Coldplay, and (more recently) DragonForce.chessmaster1989
The whole Fire and Flames thing just kind of faded for me. Then I realized they were just trying to play fast on every song. Although, I do think the Inhuman Rampage is a great album
Foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Foggel
Member since 2008 • 941 Posts

Linkin Park
System of a Down
The Used (Their music is ok, but I dislike the vocalist)
Trivium

There's probably a lot more, but at the top of my head I can't think of more.

tidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tidan

[QUOTE="Dark_Knight6"]

[QUOTE="tidan"]

DrSponge

I disliked Toxicity. Seemed so...bland.

It was good when you first heard it, I was like yea another system of a down album. but it got old really fast, the spark they had from their first album was just gone.

THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 THE_BRUTALIZER
[QUOTE="THE_BRUTALIZER"][QUOTE="Oblivionfan10"]Sadly it once was GWAR. I enjoyed a lot of their musicOblivionfan10

You know what, pretty much same here. I just liked their live show antics. Though, I would never go to one myself

Haha yeah, I thought I would get raped or something....
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dark_Knight6

Okay, well I listened to that song about walls (Empty Walls I think it was called) and didn't like it :P I'm not really into SOAD anymore so, I doubt I'd like his solo work. Steal This Album! was their best.DrSponge

Oh so we're judging entire albums by their singles, now? Because if that's the deal, Placebo's latest if just so, so awful. ;) And aside from Empty Walls, his solo really doesn't sound anything like SOAD.

And I have to disagree with you on that. While Steal this Album! was decent, it was essentially just a B-sides album and can't hold up to thier first two releases.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]Linkin Park, Backstreet Boys, Beach Boys, Coldplay, and (more recently) DragonForce.Oblivionfan10
The whole Fire and Flames thing just kind of faded for me. Then I realized they were just trying to play fast on every song. Although, I do think the Inhuman Rampage is a great album

Inhuman Rampage was the only album of theirs I ever got... unlike a lot of people, though, I actually didn't start listening to them because of Guitar Hero (I've only played Guitar Hero once and thought it was remarkably uninteresting)... actually, Fire and Flames wasn't one of my favorite songs... my favorite was probably Storming the Burning Fields...

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DrSponge

[QUOTE="DrSponge"]Okay, well I listened to that song about walls (Empty Walls I think it was called) and didn't like it :P I'm not really into SOAD anymore so, I doubt I'd like his solo work. Steal This Album! was their best.Dark_Knight6

Oh so we're judging entire albums by their singles, now? Because if that's the deal, Placebo's latest if just so, so awful. ;) And aside from Empty Walls, his solo really doesn't sound anything like SOAD.

And I have to disagree with you on that. While Steal this Album! was decent, it was essentially just a B-sides album and can't hold up to thier first two releases.

Well no, but it made me lose any interest I had in Elect The Dead. And Placebo's latest has several singles >_> I'm assuming you mean Battle For The Sun which is probably the worst song on the album >_> Still, that album takes some warming to, I found. Steal This Album! is so much better than Toxicity :P
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Dark_Knight6

Well no, but it made me lose any interest I had in Elect The Dead. And Placebo's latest has several singles >_> I'm assuming you mean Battle For The Sun which is probably the worst song on the album >_> Still, that album takes some warming to, I found. Steal This Album! is so much better than Toxicity :P DrSponge

Yes, I'm talking about Battle for the Sun. But the new album, itself, isn't that bad. Also, what's up with Brian's new hair? I hate it! :x

And Steal this Album! was only decent up until Mr Jack, which I believe is the seventh track. Everything after that is garbage.

Null--Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Null--Fox
Member since 2009 • 1640 Posts

But don't anymore.

Mine would be Linkin Park.

Minutes and Midnight is what did it for me.

chaoz-king

Same here.

theharlemshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 theharlemshake
Member since 2009 • 808 Posts

Definitely, I used to love Linkin Park, now I can't stand most of their music. I was obsessed with AFI's Sing the Sorrow, and Thrice's Artist in the Ambulance, but for one reason or another I just haven't bought or even looked into any of their music since. Actually, that's not totally true, I genuinely dislike Decemberunderground and Crash Love (both from AFI).

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DrSponge

[QUOTE="DrSponge"]Well no, but it made me lose any interest I had in Elect The Dead. And Placebo's latest has several singles >_> I'm assuming you mean Battle For The Sun which is probably the worst song on the album >_> Still, that album takes some warming to, I found. Steal This Album! is so much better than Toxicity :P Dark_Knight6

Yes, I'm talking about Battle for the Sun. But the new album, itself, isn't that bad. Also, what's up with Brian's new hair? I hate it! :x

And Steal this Album! was only decent up until Mr Jack, which I believe is the seventh track. Everything after that is garbage.

Oh God, don't get me started on Brian's new hair :P It's hideous. I didn't know you liked Placebo :o
DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DrSponge
After looking at the track listing of SOAD's self-titled...I have to agree, it's their best :P
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dark_Knight6

Oh God, don't get me started on Brian's new hair :P It's hideous. I didn't know you liked Placebo :oDrSponge

Yeah, it's really bad. He looked so cute when he had it shaved during Meds. And you learn new things everyday, I suppose. :P

wiidskirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 wiidskirby
Member since 2008 • 1317 Posts

Green Day. I liked their first albums, but I didn't care for some of the songs on American Idiot, and I don't like any on the new CD.

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DrSponge

[QUOTE="DrSponge"]Oh God, don't get me started on Brian's new hair :P It's hideous. I didn't know you liked Placebo :oDark_Knight6

Yeah, it's really bad. He looked so cute when he had it shaved during Meds. And you learn new things everyday, I suppose. :P

I prefer his androgynous look...he looked funny :P
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Dark_Knight6

I prefer his androgynous look...he looked funny :P DrSponge

Meh, to each his own. He was just too damn cute with it shaved. :P

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24947 Posts
I used to like Green Day, I don't really like 'em much anymore. I only give 'em an occasional listen these days, but only their old stuff, though. I also used to listen to Powerman 5000 a lot, and it kinda got boring. Those are all I can think off at the moment.
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
System of a Down, Foo Fighters, Killswitch Engage. Probably a few more.
Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#50 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

When I was younger, all before I discovered my current self, I used to be into all sorts of British, Irish and Scottish rock and indy bands. I was going to make a topic about some of them because I was curious how people from other places of the world and of other generations might of heard of them. Maybe i'll still do that once i've givern it more thought,

These bands such as Jamesand The Cranberriesand Travis. I used to be seriously into that stuff, listening on headphones before going sleep. Awww, life before the bitterness and unhealthy fetishes. I still got a soft spot for it all, for some reason that music always makes me proud to be a celtic.