What makes a person g a y

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the_kidisblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 the_kidisblack
Member since 2008 • 1184 Posts

I was just wondering, do you think it's the way people are bought up that causes someone to be gay.

Or people are born gay like it may be a gene.

Do you have any gay friends? What do they say?

What do you think?

I don't think that it could be a gene as your father and grandfathers are hetrosexual.

Aswell, a lot of people say they've known that they were 'different' since they were young.

So yeah I don't know.

PS I don't dislike gays or whatever.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127528 Posts
Only liking someone of the same sex...
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts
If I had to guess I would say that it is a series of genetic predispositions combined with environmental factors. Possibly a population control.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts

Rebellion :x

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
I definately think its something you're born with. One of my friends is gay and he says he's always known he was. In fact, his first kiss was with another boy when he was like 6.
burpysmurph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 burpysmurph
Member since 2008 • 359 Posts

It's purely genetic, but often hidden until older through a desire to socially fit in.

P.S. I'm not gay I'm just not ignorant.

yusefdoodi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 yusefdoodi
Member since 2005 • 2071 Posts
The inability of finding a mating partner of the opposite sex, or perhaps the person's mother just looked like a guy.vlin1108
agreed.
burpysmurph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 burpysmurph
[QUOTE="vlin1108"]The inability of finding a mating partner of the opposite sex, or perhaps the person's mother just looked like a guy.yusefdoodi
agreed.

"hick"...er, uh, sorry, I got the hick-ups. i got nuthin 2 say
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The exact same thing that makes a person heterosexual.
40ozbastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 40ozbastard
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts

Obama you are awesome. God Bless America.

Carl.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#13 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16045 Posts
Different hormones.
burpysmurph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 burpysmurph
Pheromones.
Hellcat-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Hellcat-
Member since 2008 • 1818 Posts
the devil (am i joking?)
manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

the devil (am i joking?)Hellcat-

:evil: I hope so :P

Robertoey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Robertoey
Member since 2005 • 1996 Posts
A hormone bath of the egg at the wrong stage of development is a popular theory. I think..
not_wanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 not_wanted
Member since 2008 • 1990 Posts

I don't know, wish I knew.

I don't have gay friends. I've only had one gay friend, and I've found out too late that he's gay . :? We're not friends anymore.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
What makes a person straight?
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
I'm still unsure of what causes it. I only know that is isn't something you choose. But it could be something you're born with, or it could happen through environmental factors.
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts

What makes a person straight?duxup

Hell, I don't know man.

Personally, I think heterosexuality is just a choice. I mean, I keep hearing guys saying "I was born attracted to girls," but I know they're just trying to be rebellious and garner unnecessary attention. Also, it probably has something to do with Satanic rituals.

It's just a phase, really. At some point they'll realize they're just trying to be different, and then they'll go back to being homosexual, just as God intended.

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bourbons3

[QUOTE="duxup"]What makes a person straight?Blood-Scribe

Hell, I don't know man.

Personally, I think heterosexuality is just a choice. I mean, I keep hearing guys saying "I was born attracted to girls," but I know they're just trying to be rebellious and garner unnecessary attention. Also, it probably has something to do with Satanic rituals.

It's just a phase, really. At some point they'll realize they're just trying to be different, and then they'll go back to being homosexual, just as God intended.

Wait...what? I think you've got your terminology mixed up.
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts
[QUOTE="Blood-Scribe"]

[QUOTE="duxup"]What makes a person straight?Bourbons3

Hell, I don't know man.

Wait...what? I think you've got your terminology mixed up.

I was being facetious...

Way to ruin the joke.

Avatar image for InstantClassic1
InstantClassic1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 InstantClassic1
Member since 2007 • 432 Posts
I'm still unsure of what causes it. I only know that is isn't something you choose. But it could be something you're born with, or it could happen through environmental factors.Bourbons3
Bourbons3 you said: I only KNOW that it isn't something you choose. No offense dude, but you don't know that at all. I have plenty of gay friends, I am straight, but they all told me 9 out of 10 do choose to be gay
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bourbons3
[QUOTE="Bourbons3"]I'm still unsure of what causes it. I only know that is isn't something you choose. But it could be something you're born with, or it could happen through environmental factors.InstantClassic1
Bourbons3 you said: I only KNOW that it isn't something you choose. No offense dude, but you don't know that at all. I have plenty of gay friends, I am straight, but they all told me 9 out of 10 do choose to be gay

I think my lack of choosing to be gay would be evidence enough. Choosing to act upon your sexuality is not the same as choosing it to begin with.
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bourbons3

I was being facetious...

Way to ruin the joke.

Blood-Scribe
Any time. Just PM me.
hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
If I had to guess I would say that it is a series of genetic predispositions combined with environmental factors. Possibly a population control.Guybrush_3
Bingo
InstantClassic1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 InstantClassic1
[QUOTE="InstantClassic1"][QUOTE="Bourbons3"]I'm still unsure of what causes it. I only know that is isn't something you choose. But it could be something you're born with, or it could happen through environmental factors.Bourbons3

I think my lack of choosing to be gay would be evidence enough. Choosing to act upon your sexuality is not the same as choosing it to begin with.

It's a personal choice, and the last part my friends who are now gay they were all straight up until high school, so again it can be a choice
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
Same thing that makes a person hetereosexual, whatever that exactly is.
Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bourbons3
[QUOTE="Bourbons3"][QUOTE="InstantClassic1"] Bourbons3 you said: I only KNOW that it isn't something you choose. No offense dude, but you don't know that at all. I have plenty of gay friends, I am straight, but they all told me 9 out of 10 do choose to be gayInstantClassic1

It's a personal choice, and the last part my friends who are now gay they were all straight up until high school, so again it can be a choice

They weren't straight. They just weren't out. Either they didn't know they were gay or they did know, but didn't want to tell anyone. People just assume that because someone isn't openly gay that they're straight. That's not the case. Before you know, you aren't straight, you're just confused.
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ithilgore2006
[QUOTE="Bourbons3"][QUOTE="InstantClassic1"] Bourbons3 you said: I only KNOW that it isn't something you choose. No offense dude, but you don't know that at all. I have plenty of gay friends, I am straight, but they all told me 9 out of 10 do choose to be gayInstantClassic1

The guy you're talking to is gay he knows more about than you do, it's ridiculous to tell him what "it" is. Those friends were not straight, they didn't "turn gay they "came out" as they say, or realised they were gay There is no personal choice involved, I know that quite well.
InstantClassic1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 InstantClassic1
[QUOTE="InstantClassic1"][QUOTE="Bourbons3"] I think my lack of choosing to be gay would be evidence enough. Choosing to act upon your sexuality is not the same as choosing it to begin with.Bourbons3

They weren't straight. They just weren't out. Either they didn't know they were gay or they did know, but didn't want to tell anyone. People just assume that because someone isn't openly gay that they're straight. That's not the case. Before you know, you aren't straight, you're just confused.

Hate to tell you that your not exactly right and it seems like your really struggling, im not debating this I'm telling you known facts because they had girlfriends and they had sex but whatever man. Ill be back in a bit to battle with you because you don't seem to understand but thats okay ill be back in 20 minutes
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ithilgore2006
[QUOTE="Bourbons3"][QUOTE="InstantClassic1"] It's a personal choice, and the last part my friends who are now gay they were all straight up until high school, so again it can be a choiceInstantClassic1

Hate to tell you that your not exactly right and it seems like your really struggling, im not debating this I'm telling you known facts because they had girlfriends and they had sex but whatever man. Ill be back in a bit to battle with you because you don't seem to understand but thats okay ill be back in 20 minutes

You are a straight guy, telling a gay guy he "doesn't understand" his own sexuality? Ehh, ok.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Hate to tell you that your not exactly right and it seems like your really struggling, im not debating this I'm telling you known facts because they had girlfriends and they had sex but whatever man. Ill be back in a bit to battle with you because you don't seem to understand but thats okay ill be back in 20 minutesInstantClassic1
My cousin had sex with girls in high school AND college. Doesn't mean he's not gay >_> He was just confused about his sexuality at the time.
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 Kaarstein
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts
[QUOTE="Bourbons3"][QUOTE="InstantClassic1"] It's a personal choice, and the last part my friends who are now gay they were all straight up until high school, so again it can be a choiceInstantClassic1

If beeing gay is a choice, does that mean that you could also suddenly choose to be gay and live the rest of your life that way?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Kaarstein
Apologize for Off Topic, but I remember you! [spoiler]
Manticore

A mythical monster having the head of man (with horns) and the body of a lion and the tail of a scorpion.
Its is used on System Wars of supporters of all the consoles and everything within gaming. You try to stay balanced and to not make fanboyìsh statement against other fanboys or consoles.

Manticores are also mythical creatures, in other words dosent exict in reality. And is also a reason why the term Manticores are used in SW, it is an aknowlegment that nobody, including the Manticores themselves, is completely unbiased. You will always favor one above the others. The difference from regular fanboys is that you try your best not to let your biase get in the way of your posts.

Hope that helps :)

Oh and by the way:
[QUOTE="godhandiscen"]One last thing... Wii sux.Kaarstein

Statements like this pretty much disqualifys you as a Manticore.

[/spoiler]
Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 Kaarstein
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts
[QUOTE="Kaarstein"] Apologize for Off Topic, but I remember you! [spoiler] [QUOTE="Kaarstein"]Manticore

A mythical monster having the head of man (with horns) and the body of a lion and the tail of a scorpion.
Its is used on System Wars of supporters of all the consoles and everything within gaming. You try to stay balanced and to not make fanboyìsh statement against other fanboys or consoles.

Manticores are also mythical creatures, in other words dosent exict in reality. And is also a reason why the term Manticores are used in SW, it is an aknowlegment that nobody, including the Manticores themselves, is completely unbiased. You will always favor one above the others. The difference from regular fanboys is that you try your best not to let your biase get in the way of your posts.

Hope that helps :)

Oh and by the way:
[QUOTE="godhandiscen"]One last thing... Wii sux.Jandurin

Statements like this pretty much disqualifys you as a Manticore.

[/spoiler]

I havent posted on Gamespot for well over a year, and I am remembered :shock:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Right since you gays no everthing im an idiot right, you guys must be Jesus Christ incarnated you tell me how to cure cancers you smarta$$e$ InstantClassic1
:lol: Seriously? :?
Stumpt25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 Stumpt25
Member since 2006 • 1482 Posts

The only people that are ignorant in this thread are the ones who are outright saying 'It's Genetic 100%', when the scientific evidence to prove this claim is very very limited.

What do I think? I think it's nothing to do with genes, but I can hardly regard it as a 'choice' either. Let me explain:

Because it's important for us to accept homosexuality, i think often many people use the 'in the genes' arguement to add an extra level of acceptance. However, when it comes to something like paedophillia - there are many, many people out there who are naturally attracted to young children. What do we call them? Psychopaths. Monsters. Nobody sympathises with the 'it's in the genes' arguement.

My personal opinion is that sexuality functions in a very similar way to anything you like. For example, I might prefer Skiing to Snowboarding - It's not genetic at all, but, no matter how much i try, i can't just change the fact that i prefer skiing, even though snowboarding might seem more fun, and all my friends go snowboarding.

People might prefer members of their own sex despite what they'd LIKE, and it doesn't have to be genetic. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this, and I think regardless of whether homosexuality is genetic or choice, we should all accept homosexuals into our lives and communities without judgement nor prejudice.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
I stopped caring a long time ago, but I highly doubt it's due to a gene.
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Diablo112688
Member since 2003 • 8345 Posts
It could be a conspiracy created by the government. No? Think about why they would do this to people. All world leaders could be in on it.
DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DrSponge
Member since 2008 • 12763 Posts
Chemicals in your brain. It's not a choice.

I don't know, wish I knew.

I don't have gay friends. I've only had one gay friend, and I've found out too late that he's gay . :? We're not friends anymore.

not_wanted
You're nice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
For example, I might prefer Skiing to Snowboarding - It's not genetic at all, but, no matter how much i try, i can't just change the fact that i prefer skiing, even though snowboarding might seem more fun, and all my friends go snowboardingStumpt25
It's not your fault. Skiing is better than snowboarding.
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ithilgore2006
Right since you gays no everthing im an idiot right, you guys must be Jesus Christ incarnated you tell me how to cure cancers you smarta$$e$ InstantClassic1
:|
DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DrSponge
Member since 2008 • 12763 Posts

Why would anyone choose to be gay :|
Stumpt25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 Stumpt25
Member since 2006 • 1482 Posts
[QUOTE="Stumpt25"]For example, I might prefer Skiing to Snowboarding - It's not genetic at all, but, no matter how much i try, i can't just change the fact that i prefer skiing, even though snowboarding might seem more fun, and all my friends go snowboardingJandurin
It's not your fault. Skiing is better than snowboarding.

amen brutha.