What do you think about conspiracy theories??

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joshrocks2245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 joshrocks2245
Member since 2003 • 11248 Posts
Well in my opinon, all conspiracy theories are stupid.
They are just a bunch of made up crap that don't make any sense.

Ones that really make me mad are ones about 9/11, I mean does anyone think George Bush is actually smart enough to attack his own country??
People also say he attacked his own country to go to Iraq, that doesn't even make any sense.
George Bush is just an idiot thats why he started a war with Iraq.

I also hate conspiracy theories about 2012.
There are so many different ones it is insane.
Who cares what people from thousands of years ago said???
You really think they knew back then, when the world would end??
Let me tell you something, they were idiots just like us, anyone whos ever lived on this planet is an IDIOT.

Why do some people care so much about conspiracy theories????
Why do people spend all of their life worrying about the end of the world??

It's so annoying, I can't freaking take it anymore..
Then theres the stupid conspiracies about new world order, and planet x, and so many other stupid ones that don't make any sense!!!

Why do people waste their life making up this garbage and making other idiots worry?!??!?!

So Gamespotters, what conspiracy theories do you hate???
N0han

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 N0han
Member since 2007 • 982 Posts

does anyone think George Bush is actually smart enough to attack his own country??
joshrocks2245

No, but he sure is stupid enough.

InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 InterpolWilco
Member since 2005 • 2487 Posts

I hate Conspiracy Theories too. My favorite thing is when you disprove one, and the person who believes in it is like "oh well you just don't wanna see the truth" or "oh you just believe everything the media tells you!"

I even go so far as to say I don't believe in the JFK conspiracy. I believe Lee Harvey Oswald shot him.

There are a few reasons people believe them. Lack of excitement in their lives, paranoia, disbelief that something small and ugly can destroy something big and beautiful, complete Lack of Skepticism (true skeptics demand proof) and are completely gullible.

LastRebelKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LastRebelKing
Member since 2008 • 662 Posts
I hate all conspiracy theories to me they are lame to start or believe in.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts
I think they are as stupid as the people who believe them.
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts

i think there are many false conspiracy, and many that are true.... and many that have a mixture of both....

johnnyv2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 johnnyv2003
Member since 2003 • 13762 Posts
well it all depends on which theory it is. Some are more valid than others, while some just make me giggle at the absurdity
KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts
They are all true, even the ones that don't make sense and defy the laws of physics.
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
I dont believe in most of them but they are fun to read. Some of the stuff makes me wonder how people can come up with it.
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bsman00

I hate Conspiracy Theories too. My favorite thing is when you disprove one, and the person who believes in it is like "oh well you just don't wanna see the truth" or "oh you just believe everything the media tells you!"

I even go so far as to say I don't believe in the JFK conspiracy. I believe Lee Harvey Oswald shot him.

There are a few reasons people believe them. Lack of excitement in their lives, paranoia, disbelief that something small and ugly can destroy something big and beautiful, complete Lack of Skepticism (true skeptics demand proof) and are completely gullible.

InterpolWilco

so you dont believe in physics either....physics are not a conspiracy....when i see someones head get shot and it goes back and to the left.... back and to the left... and have a massive exit wound in the back of his head.... yea i going to think he got shot from the back...yeah right

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
some of them can be interesting, lots of them are just completely stupid in every way, some of them have some grounds though
North-North

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 North-North
Member since 2008 • 895 Posts
It's a "theory" so most are stupid.
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bsman00

Ones that really make me mad are ones about 9/11, I mean does anyone think George Bush is actually smart enough to attack his own country??
People also say he attacked his own country to go to Iraq, that doesn't even make any sense.

Let me tell you something, they were idiots just like us, anyone whos ever lived on this planet is an IDIOT.

Then theres the stupid conspiracies about new world order, and planet x, and so many other stupid ones that don't make any sense!!!

Why do people waste their life making up this garbage and making other idiots worry?!??!?!

So Gamespotters, what conspiracy theories do you hate???joshrocks2245

Yes, Bush is dumb.... that why he did not plan 9/11... but he did know of it.. just look at his reaction when the secret service came in that school room and told him.... then a week or 2 later he was asked "when did you first hear about the plans hitting the towers?" His answer " i was waiting to go into the school room and say a plane hit the FIRST tower and i thought to my self" ...and im quoting word for word here..."what a bad pilot"..... omg ARE YOU serious... hes lying right there... no one no one saw the first plane hit unless you where in new york on that day and he was not....

dday2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dday2121
Member since 2007 • 1000 Posts

I find it funny that you say Bush is stupid for starting a war in Iraq. Think of it this way. You are sitting in your office and you just find out that our biggest trade centers are destroyed, leaving thousands dead. You expect him to say oh...well I am not going to start a war, I would rather give terrorists satisfaction in thinking we are scared, that way they do it again...and again...and again.

I guarantee that when you heard that 9/11 happened, you were extremely angry to hear that thousands of innocents were killed because of some dumbass terrorists thinking they will have endless sex with virgins if they do it.

And btw, why don't you blame congress for war in Iraq, they are the one that passed it, and yet they get no heat?

-theCHUD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -theCHUD-
Member since 2008 • 1648 Posts

the thing about the 9/11 theories is that i have never had a single skeptic address some questions, they just spin it or ignore it.

fbi confiscating pentagon attack footage? why? and why not show it on the media?

bush and cheney agreeing to talk to the 9/11 commission ONLY under THEIR circumstances. what are they afraid of?

flying the osama family first class back to saudi arabia. Seriously... what?

and forgetting all about afghanistan and focussing all efforts on iraq. then capturing saddam? ok.......what? did they forget who they were originally after?

InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 InterpolWilco
[QUOTE="InterpolWilco"]

bsman00

so you dont believe in physics either....physics are not a consipracy....when i see someones head get shot and it goes back and to the left.... back and to the left... and have a massive exit wound in the back of his head.... yea i going to think he got shot from the back...yeah right

I do believe in Physics which is why I believe Lee Harvey Oswald did it, and your reasoning is horrible proof of a "second gunman" Its been debunked already scientifically.

When getting shot in the back of head, the skull is fragile and the brain offers little resistance and the bullet penetrating a skull doesn't transfer much energy, so when it comes out of the skull, the bullet and brain matter will make a little jet blast when coming out will force the head to jerk back.

Luis W. Alvarez demonstrated this, and he just so happens to be a Nobel Prize Winning Physicist.

joshrocks2245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 joshrocks2245
Member since 2003 • 11248 Posts

[QUOTE="joshrocks2245"]Well in my opinon, all conspiracy theories are stupid.

So Gamespotters, what conspiracy theories do you hate???dday2121

I find it funny that you say Bush is stupid for starting a war in Iraq. Think of it this way. You are sitting in your office and you just find out that our biggest trade centers are destroyed, leaving thousands dead. You expect him to say oh...well I am not going to start a war, I would rather give terrorists satisfaction in thinking we are scared, that way they do it again...and again...and again.

I guarantee that when you heard that 9/11 happened, you were extremely angry to hear that thousands of innocents were killed because of some dumbass terrorists thinking they will have endless sex with virgins if they do it.

And btw, why don't you blame congress for war in Iraq, they are the one that passed it, and yet they get no heat?

They went to Afganistan because of 9/11, not Iraq.
They went to Iraq because of the weapons of mass destruction that don't exist, I don't really know the other reasons they went there..I mean, they didn't actually find any weapons did they??

dday2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dday2121
Member since 2007 • 1000 Posts
[QUOTE="dday2121"]

They went to Iraq because of the weapons of mass destruction that don't exist, I don't really know the other reasons they went there..I mean, they didn't actually find any weapons did they??

Then why in your post did you say that he attacked his own country to get in Iraq...wouldn't that be referred to the 9/11 incident?

Edit: Did some research to end this confusion. Anyways, either way, if we suspected the terrorists to have WMD's, wouldnt it seem more fitting to investigate, rather than sit there and find out?

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bsman00
[QUOTE="bsman00"][QUOTE="InterpolWilco"]

InterpolWilco

so you dont believe in physics either....physics are not a consipracy....when i see someones head get shot and it goes back and to the left.... back and to the left... and have a massive exit wound in the back of his head.... yea i going to think he got shot from the back...yeah right

I do believe in Physics which is why I believe Lee Harvey Oswald did it, and your reasoning is horrible proof of a "second gunman" Its been debunked already scientifically.

When getting shot in the back of head, the skull is fragile and the brain offers little resistance and the bullet penetrating a skull doesn't transfer much energy, so when it comes out of the skull, the bullet and brain matter will make a little jet blast when coming out will force the head to jerk back.

Luis W. Alvarez demonstrated this, and he just so happens to be a Nobel Prize Winning Physicist.

ok debunk the massive head wound in the back of the head... i know when a person gets shot... the entry wound is small and the exit wound is bigger...

Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
They sometimes make good stories.
Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts
[QUOTE="bsman00"][QUOTE="InterpolWilco"]

InterpolWilco

And to assume that physics always act in a straightforward manner with an answer right infront of you is equally closeminded.

There are hundreds of thousands of examples of all sorts of crazy crap happening and the rules of science just don't seem to apply, when actually they're the cause.

Things are sometimes not as simple as they seem, which is the same arguement many use to justify conspiracy theories, but it's absolutely outlandishly impossible when used as a defense for the "coverup story".

I'm not saying you're wrong, but think of it: You mean to tell me you've NEVER heard of an event that first seemed completely impossible only to find out it makes perfect sense?

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bsman00
[QUOTE="InterpolWilco"][QUOTE="bsman00"][QUOTE="InterpolWilco"]

-TheSecondSign-

And to assume that physics always act in a straightforward manner with an answer right infront of you is equally closeminded.

There are hundreds of thousands of examples of all sorts of crazy crap happening and the rules of science just don't seem to apply, when actually they're the cause.

Things are sometimes not as simple as they seem, which is the same arguement many use to justify conspiracy theories, but it's absolutely outlandishly impossible when used as a defense for the "coverup story".

I'm not saying you're wrong, but think of it: You mean to tell me you've NEVER heard of an event that first seemed completely impossible only to find out it makes perfect sense?

what are you trying to say ??

InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 InterpolWilco

the thing about the 9/11 theories is that i have never had a single skeptic address some questions, they just spin it or ignore it.

fbi confiscating pentagon attack footage? why? and why not show it on the media?

bush and cheney agreeing to talk to the 9/11 commission ONLY under THEIR circumstances. what are they afraid of?

flying the osama family first class back to saudi arabia. Seriously... what?

and forgetting all about afghanistan and focussing all efforts on iraq. then capturing saddam? ok.......what? did they forget who they were originally after?

-theCHUD-

Because your not proving anything.

Your raising questions that could very well have a completely reasonable answer, but you can't just jump to a conclusion and call it a fact.

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts
[QUOTE="-TheSecondSign-"][QUOTE="InterpolWilco"][QUOTE="bsman00"][QUOTE="InterpolWilco"]

bsman00

That sometimes things aren't as simple as they seem. It works both ways, to justify a conspiracy...or in this case, to justify the official story.
What happened was not impossible, that's all.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts
I think they are all actors, hired by the CIA to make these theories, which are in fact true, look so ridiculous that no one will believe them.
InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 InterpolWilco
[QUOTE="InterpolWilco"][QUOTE="bsman00"][QUOTE="InterpolWilco"]

bsman00

ok debunk the massive head wound in the back of the head... i know when a person gets shot... the entry wound is small and the exit wound is bigger...

So he was shot in the head twice once in the front once in the back? Luis Alvarez has proven what caused JFK's head to jerk back scientifically using the basic principles of physics.

He actually examined the entire tape. Not to mention, he was a friend of JFK's.

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bsman00
[QUOTE="bsman00"][QUOTE="-TheSecondSign-"][QUOTE="InterpolWilco"][QUOTE="bsman00"][QUOTE="InterpolWilco"]

-TheSecondSign-

That sometimes things aren't as simple as they seem. It works both ways, to justify a conspiracy...or in this case, to justify the official story.
What happened was not impossible, that's all.

True... but the gov. official story of JFK is BS... i know that 50% of Americans thinks there is more to the story.... i mean all i have to see it the autopsy photo... there a massive wound in the back of his head...

Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
I hate all conspiracy theories to me they are lame to start or believe in.LastRebelKing
That doesn't even make sense, so you're saying you're going to believe 100% what you told no matter what? of course not, saying all conspiracy theories are lame to start/believe in is just.. wrong. I like conspiracy theories and it's often thinking outside the box and using the will to think freely, that doesn't mean I'm a crazy guy who believes that george bush is a reptile, yes that's a conspiracy theory but that just one... some humans are stupid, doesn't mean it's fair to say every human is stupid. Same goes to TC with his radical generalisations.
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bsman00
[QUOTE="bsman00"][QUOTE="InterpolWilco"][QUOTE="bsman00"][QUOTE="InterpolWilco"]

InterpolWilco

So he was shot in the head twice once in the front once in the back? Luis Alvarez has proven what caused JFK's head to jerk back scientifically using the basic principles of physics.

He actually examined the entire tape. Not to mention, he was a friend of JFK's.

ok debunk the MASSIVE head wound in the back of his head... bullet enters head... makes small wound.. bullet exits head makes a larger wound.... no large wounds on his face.. because his face was clean in the autopsy photo...i mean that right there to me is proof of a second shooter..... im not saying oswald was not involed.. he was...he was there scape goat....

but whatever you know consiparcy are based on fact... i agree there are some nutty ones out there... i mean we have been hearing about UFOs forever since humans been able write and draw......people talking about something for such a long time you dont think there is any truth to it???

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts

I think of some conspiracy theories like this: Well I suppose that could be the case, but until i see some legitimate evidence, I don't believe it.

Dasacant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 Dasacant
Member since 2005 • 1415 Posts
I will believe them when there is hard evidence proving them, which there never is.
balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 balindos
Member since 2003 • 2424 Posts
[QUOTE="joshrocks2245"][QUOTE="dday2121"]

So Gamespotters, what conspiracy theories do you hate???dday2121

Then why in your post did you say that he attacked his own country to get in Iraq...wouldn't that be referred to the 9/11 incident?

Edit: Did some research to end this confusion. Anyways, either way, if we suspected the terrorists to have WMD's, wouldnt it seem more fitting to investigate, rather than sit there and find out?

All I can say is that the 9/11 incident has nothing to do with Iraq and why there is a war there. I wouldnt even think anything of the 9/11 theories if the wars actually made sense. Terrorist lable now seems more of an excuse for a never ending war. I dont like the name conspiracy theory either since a lot of them can make some good sense over what we were told that actually happen. The 9/11 ones are suspicious because there was no reason for the other buildings to fall since any fires they had were minor. Also the pentagon is a very suspicious one too. In reality we will never know the truth unless we were actually there. I will say one thing, I will never fight a war for anybody except for my family.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts

All conspiracies are usually overthought, plain and simple.

-JFK Assassination: Second gunman, Grassy knoll, "Back and to the left"

-9/11- Bombs detonating in the building as it burns, planes with no windows ramming into WTC

Way too much thought put into them.

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
The only one I thinks is true is the multiple shooter theory in the JFK assassination.
balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 balindos
Member since 2003 • 2424 Posts

All conspiracies are usually overthought, plain and simple.

-JFK Assassination: Second gunman, Grassy knoll, "Back and to the left"

-9/11- Bombs detonating in the building as it burns, planes with no windows ramming into WTC

Way too much thought put into them.

bez2083

I agree sometime they go too far. But I base my opinion on the after effects more than the actual event. Like I said, Iraq has nothing to do with terrorism or was even a threat. You cant go from saying Iraq isnt a threat at all to a year or so later saying they are the most dangerous country in the world. Lets get real, the first war showed how dangerous Iraq really was.

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts
they annoy me
lukewall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lukewall
Member since 2004 • 28 Posts
i think gamespot houses many geeks - conspiracy or fact???? you decide!
Dasacant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Dasacant

ok debunk the MASSIVE head wound in the back of his head... bullet enters head... makes small wound.. bullet exits head makes a larger wound.... no large wounds on his face.. because his face was clean in the autopsy photo...i mean that right there to me is proof of a second shooter..... im not saying oswald was not involed.. he was...he was there scape goat....

but whatever you know consiparcy are based on fact... i agree there are some nutty ones out there... i mean we have been hearing about UFOs forever since humans been able write and draw......people talking about something for such a long time you dont think there is any truth to it???

bsman00
InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 InterpolWilco
[QUOTE="bsman00"]

Dasacant

Thanks ;)

And do I think theres truth to conspiracy theories? Well if there was proof then it wouldn't be a conspiracy theory.

Conspiracy Theories are a way for humans to rationalize tragedies. Its human nature actually.

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bsman00
[QUOTE="bsman00"]

Dasacant

very convincing but thats not were the wound is on the head... the diagram show it more on the top of the head... the wound i see in the autopsy photos... on the back right of the head across from the right ear.... so that diagram is wrong when you compare it to his the actual photo of JFk after he died

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

very convincing but thats not were the wound is on the head... the diagram show it more on the top of the head... the wound i see in the autopsy photos... on the back right of the head across from the right ear.... so that diagram is wrong when you compare it to his the actual photo of JFk after he died
bsman00

dude just let it go, the guy can believe what he wants to and you can believe what you want to, neither of you are going to change the others opinion on the subject, im not defending him, im just saying that its a pointless fight

Dasacant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Dasacant

bsman00
It's based off the autopsy photos and x-rays it's simplified but much more accurate then conspiracy theorists.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
The American government and most other governments have been involved in conspiracies. That's a fact.
Yongying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Yongying
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

Some are true and some are not.

I laugh more at anti conspiracy nuts...than i do at conspiracy nuts.

Conspiracy nut "OMG TEH CONSPIRACY - PROOF HERE"

Anti conspiracy nut "OMG GOVERNMENT SAYS IT FAKE - PROOF FAIL"

*sigh*

1mpaler-w6rbnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 1mpaler-w6rbnd
Member since 2008 • 1992 Posts
Sure i think about their possibilities. Believe them, not so much.
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bsman00

[QUOTE="bsman00"]very convincing but thats not were the wound is on the head... the diagram show it more on the top of the head... the wound i see in the autopsy photos... on the back right of the head across from the right ear.... so that diagram is wrong when you compare it to his the actual photo of JFk after he died
linkin_guy109

dude just let it go, the guy can believe what he wants to and you can believe what you want to, neither of you are going to change the others opinion on the subject, im not defending him, im just saying that its a pointless fight

yeah i know...

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bsman00
[QUOTE="bsman00"]

Dasacant

It's based off the autopsy photos and x-rays it's simplified but much more accurate then conspiracy theorists.

and who provided that(gov.)?? do you ever think about that?? ......draw your own conculsions...and linkin_guy109 is right.... pointless

omfg_its_dally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 omfg_its_dally
Member since 2006 • 8068 Posts
Perhaps it is possible that there is some truth to some of them, but for the most part its nonesense.