What do people see in John McCain?

• 142 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts

[QUOTE="Ilived"]That's how Republicans are. Lame old christians who want things to stay the same.MayorJohnny

Rude. Not surprising.

That's how Liberals are. Intolerant if you aren't "teh progressive." Want government control, and want to kiss up to our enemies.

See, I can be rude, as well.

That's kind of sad in your part, assuming I am a liberal.

MayorJohnny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#102 MayorJohnny
Member since 2003 • 7838 Posts
[QUOTE="MayorJohnny"]

[QUOTE="Ilived"]That's how Republicans are. Lame old christians who want things to stay the same.Ilived

Rude. Not surprising.

That's how Liberals are. Intolerant if you aren't "teh progressive." Want government control, and want to kiss up to our enemies.

Well, what goes around comes around. You can't be rude and assume the worst of other people and then expect people to just accept it.

Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
He's a big snuggly teddy bear. :) But really, I'm voting for him because he shares my views to a much higher degree than any other candidate (besides Giuliani, but he's no longer running).
Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts
[QUOTE="Ilived"][QUOTE="MayorJohnny"]

[QUOTE="Ilived"]That's how Republicans are. Lame old christians who want things to stay the same.MayorJohnny

Rude. Not surprising.

Well, what goes around comes around. You can't be rude and assume the worst of other people and then expect people to just accept it.

It is just what most of the republican candidates represented.

MayorJohnny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 MayorJohnny
Member since 2003 • 7838 Posts
[QUOTE="MayorJohnny"][QUOTE="Ilived"][QUOTE="MayorJohnny"]

[QUOTE="Ilived"]That's how Republicans are. Lame old christians who want things to stay the same.Ilived

Rude. Not surprising.

I think that a lot of Republicans are stubborn because they stand on PRINCIPLE.

GTA3_Darkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 GTA3_Darkel
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

Dunno if the vid is old but im posting it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F2zx3-0zOPs

cyberdarkkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#107 cyberdarkkid
Member since 2007 • 16777 Posts

I'm looking forward to see a democrat as president ut could be Obama or Hillary i don't care as long as a demiocrat wins :)

We have bad republican candidates.

now i didn't mean to offend anyone there.

OODALOOP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 OODALOOP
Member since 2004 • 36350 Posts
It's a good thing most of you are either too young or too lazy to vote.
JohnBasedow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 JohnBasedow
Member since 2005 • 858 Posts
[QUOTE="MayorJohnny"]

Rude. Not surprising.

you should talk about assuming........
maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#110 maniamsmart
Member since 2006 • 12069 Posts
It's a good thing most of you are either too young or too lazy to vote.bt_the_great_78
lol yeah good point there
Bad_Mofo_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Bad_Mofo_Gamer
Member since 2005 • 5122 Posts
[QUOTE="Ilived"][QUOTE="MayorJohnny"][QUOTE="Ilived"][QUOTE="MayorJohnny"]

Rude. Not surprising.

I think that a lot of Republicans are stubborn because they stand on PRINCIPLE.

Judging from your post in this and other politic related topics you seem like you hate all politicians or you're an Independant

IrishMallard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 IrishMallard
Member since 2004 • 6797 Posts
I like him, even though he tries to apeal to liberals sometimes aswell...
Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Donkey_Puncher
Member since 2005 • 5083 Posts

It's a good thing most of you are either too young or too lazy to vote.bt_the_great_78

I have a feeling these same statements and sentiments are universal regardless of age.

We should have a mandatory voting IQ, not age.

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#114 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
He's more moderate than the other Republican candidates. That's a plus point.
mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts
[QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="jrhawk42"]

it seems McCain has flipped a few of his political views to fit in with the modern "christian right" conservtives which he isn't really. McCain is an old school conservative from before the days of the "christian right". He's also known for standing up for what he believes in over his party having gone against the republican party on a few issues (most recently torture).

Those that know McCain before his recent run see him as a moderate conservative that's willing to work with both parties. It's hard saying exactly what he's currently doing. He could be making empty statements to gain conservative votes which is something Bush tends to do, except that Bush is basically a puppet, and hopefully McCain isn't.

Lobster_Ear
Yes, but is that a chance we are willing to take? Republicans had there chance with Bush. He destroyed America. The last thing we need is to be tricked into letting another dirty republican into office.

yep he sure did :roll:

Yes. He did. You can roll your eyes all you want. Doesn't change my beliefs. Turn off Fox news and do some research.

trust me it won't change mine either and where did you get this whole i watch fox news crap ?
notconspiracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 notconspiracy
Member since 2007 • 2225 Posts
he's a hawk on cutting expenses. that's what I like about him.
OODALOOP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 OODALOOP
Member since 2004 • 36350 Posts
[QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"][QUOTE="jrhawk42"]

it seems McCain has flipped a few of his political views to fit in with the modern "christian right" conservtives which he isn't really. McCain is an old school conservative from before the days of the "christian right". He's also known for standing up for what he believes in over his party having gone against the republican party on a few issues (most recently torture).

Those that know McCain before his recent run see him as a moderate conservative that's willing to work with both parties. It's hard saying exactly what he's currently doing. He could be making empty statements to gain conservative votes which is something Bush tends to do, except that Bush is basically a puppet, and hopefully McCain isn't.

mastershake575
Yes, but is that a chance we are willing to take? Republicans had there chance with Bush. He destroyed America. The last thing we need is to be tricked into letting another dirty republican into office.

yep he sure did :roll:

Yes. He did. You can roll your eyes all you want. Doesn't change my beliefs. Turn off Fox news and do some research.

trust me it won't change mine either and where did you get this whole i watch fox news crap ?

I wouldn't waste your time with people like that. They've read a few bumper stickers and a few activist blogs and now feel superior, when their opinions are about as trite and superficial as they come. McCain and Bush have very little in common, besides the letter "R" next to their name. Bush has been more liberal on most of this stances than even Bill Clinton (he's for larger government, he's fiscally liberal and outspent Clinton considerably, his immigration policy was worse, etc.). McCain's a fiscal hawk, a champion of cutting pork, and his strategy for the Iraq war was in direct opposition to Bush and Rumsfeld's plan, and they clashed quite openly over it. Only someone politically unaware would call them identical.
MedicMike66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 MedicMike66
Member since 2007 • 886 Posts

He's a republican who's heart swings towards the left-center--no matter how much he defends himself against the "true conservitives". He's spat venom at fundamentalists--like Huckabee, over the Christian right, which scares some republicans off, and for that gets the vote from some moderate conservitives and democrates.

hokies1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 hokies1313
Member since 2005 • 13919 Posts

Rotfl @ McCain is like Bush.

McCain is a moderate conservative, where as Bush is a conservative's conservative.

Honestly, the only thing McCain have in common are that they belong to the Republican party.

giton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 giton
Member since 2007 • 1745 Posts

I agree. The fewer people who vote, the better. Or did you mean something else?

darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts
McCain is more moderate and less conservative than Huckabee and Romney, so as a liberal I'm glad he will get the nomination
Lunney23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Lunney23
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

When I look at McCain, I see a man who just doesn't get out in the sun enough. giton

He did have skin cancer

Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts

[QUOTE="bt_the_great_78"]It's a good thing most of you are either too young or too lazy to vote.giton

I agree. The fewer people who vote, the better. Or did you mean something else?

I actually agree with that to an extent...A guy at my work voted for hillary clinton because he likes her personality...I donno about you but I don't want people like that voting

xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#126 xSIZEMATTER
Member since 2008 • 7045 Posts
As long as we don't have a democrat I'll be happy.
gm0n3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 gm0n3y
Member since 2004 • 323 Posts

I have no clue what people see in McCain and I don't think Hilary Clinton is genuine at all. This blog article captures it quite nicely in an image haha:

http://www.iaregamer.com/2008/02/what-lies-beneath.html

FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 FearTheRain
Member since 2008 • 1470 Posts

McCain is more moderate and less conservative than Huckabee and Romney, so as a liberal I'm glad he will get the nominationdarkodonnie

Liberals are not pro war. So you are clearly not a Liberal if you support John McCain.

FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 FearTheRain

I have no clue what people see in McCain and I don't think Hilary Clinton is genuine at all. This blog article captures it quite nicely in an image haha:

gm0n3y

LMAO

nbtrap1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 nbtrap1212
Member since 2005 • 1525 Posts
I see a bunch of liberals on Gamespot's OT forums talking about how they think Clinton or Obama might actually make better presidents than whoever the Republican nominee is.
JakeTD21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 JakeTD21
Member since 2007 • 1631 Posts
I love how everyone thinks that bush has ruined our country. Exactly how did he do that? Countries go to war, it just happens. If you think that if a democrat is president we will always be at peace, than you are sadly mistaken. Most of the world hates America, how can we always be at peace when most of the world wants us destroyed?
Jambi86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Jambi86
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts
I think people are falling for McCain for the same reasons they fell for Bush. He's the type of guy you'd like to have a beer with.
gm0n3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 gm0n3y

And why do you think they hate us? Because we're FREE?! Gimme a break.

That's just being ignorant. Obviously no president can bring indefinite peace, but when it comes to unnecessary wars Bush really took the cake and destroyed America's image.

Anamosa41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#134 Anamosa41
Member since 2006 • 3594 Posts

[QUOTE="SuperMaWiiOH"]I give John McCain all the respect in the world for his service to the US. I don't however support him in his run for President. I'm a Dem, and what we need is someone fresh, not the more of the same mindset the Republicans have. Change we can believe in, Obama 08.JohnBasedow
I"m not a Repub. but the true blue conservatives dislike Bush.

Not me. If I were 18 I would be a true blue republican. But I'm 16.

I REALLY wanted Mitt Romney to get the nomination. He's awesome.

FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 FearTheRain

That's just being ignorant. Obviously no president can bring indefinite peace, but when it comes to unnecessary wars Bush really took the cake and destroyed America's image.

gm0n3y

If people just listened to Ron Paul for 5 minutes they would have a clue of what is really going on in the USA today..

SOURCE: http://www.nolanchart.com/article1066.html

"I believe very sincerely that the CIA is correct when they teach and talk about blowback. When we went into Iran in 1953 and installed the Shah -- yes, there was blowback. The reaction to that was the taking of our hostages. And that persists, and if we ignore that, we ignore it at our own risk. If we think we can do what we want around the world and not incite hatred, then we have a problem. They don't come here to attack us because we're rich and we're free, they come here to attack us because we're over there." -- Ron Paul

Anamosa41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Anamosa41
Member since 2006 • 3594 Posts
[QUOTE="gm0n3y"]

FearTheRain

LMAO

lol...no, seriously..LOL!!! :lol:
JakeTD21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 JakeTD21

gm0n3y

Um, when did I say that people hate us because we are free. By the way most countries hated us way before the war in Iraq.

WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#138 WINDWAKER1
Member since 2003 • 3397 Posts
As long as we don't have a democrat I'll be happy.xSIZEMATTER
You'll be one sad person on November 5th.
WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 WINDWAKER1
[QUOTE="gm0n3y"]

And why do you think they us? Because we're FREE?! Gimme a break.

JakeTD21

Um, when did I say that people us because we are free. By the way most countries d us way before the war in Iraq.

No, he's right. Your post was ignorant. People us more because of Bush. We had no right invading Iraq. War is needed at times, but it's best to avoid it when given the chance.
Armpitfarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Armpitfarter
Member since 2003 • 2130 Posts
other than that he has different views than bush on the war, economics, abortion, gay marriage, illegal immigration, and other big ticket issues....nothing, nothing is different from him than bush
gm0n3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 gm0n3y
[QUOTE="gm0n3y"]

JakeTD21

Um, when did I say that people hate us because we are free. By the way most countries hated us way before the war in Iraq.

That's why I asked you why you think they hate us. Your generalizations only show your ignorance. "[...]most countries hated us[...]" Yeah? The war just made the US look worse. What's positive in that?

xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 xSIZEMATTER

[QUOTE="xSIZEMATTER"]As long as we don't have a democrat I'll be happy.WINDWAKER1

I'll hold you to that!

xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 xSIZEMATTER
[QUOTE="JakeTD21"][QUOTE="gm0n3y"]

gm0n3y

That's why I asked you why you think they hate us. Your generalizations only show your ignorance. "[...]most countries hated us[...]" Yeah? The war just made the US look worse. What's positive in that?

Do you know those terrorist just can't wait for us to leave so they can kill hundreds of people. We are winning the war now. Lets now be cowards when it's clear we are winning. Ever since the troops surge we have been doing alot better. But you want amit that because ur just another far left.
JakeTD21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 JakeTD21
[QUOTE="JakeTD21"][QUOTE="gm0n3y"]

gm0n3y

Ok most countries hate us because we are a world power, are mostly christian, or they have always been taught to hate us. No matter what we do, people are always going to find reasons to hate us. People always fear what they cannot control.

WINDWAKER1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 WINDWAKER1

[QUOTE="WINDWAKER1"][QUOTE="xSIZEMATTER"]As long as we don't have a democrat I'll be happy.xSIZEMATTER

I'll hold you to that!

It's ON!
JohnBasedow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 JohnBasedow
Member since 2005 • 858 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnBasedow"][QUOTE="SuperMaWiiOH"]I give John McCain all the respect in the world for his service to the US. I don't however support him in his run for President. I'm a Dem, and what we need is someone fresh, not the more of the same mindset the Republicans have. Change we can believe in, Obama 08.Anamosa41

I"m not a Repub. but the true blue conservatives dislike Bush.

Not me. If I were 18 I would be a true blue republican. But I'm 16.

I REALLY wanted Mitt Romney to get the nomination. He's awesome.

I'm implying Bush's liberal, not Repubs are liberal....