What do girls want in a guy?

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
Based on my experience, what girls want in a guy correlates nicely with what police sheriffs want in escaped convicts.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#52 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

$40,000

kittensRjerks

Got more than that in just one account...I'm not dating currently, so I'm enjoying the hell out of watching my balances grow.:D

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

The only girls I've ever dated are Leliana & Morrigan, so I wouldn't know.

SkyWard20

Aww. :( This makes me depressed.

Based on my experience, what girls want in a guy correlates nicely with what police sheriffs want in escaped convicts.Theokhoth

And what is that?

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 th3warr1or
[QUOTE="mindstorm"]At least from what I have observed very broadly, love and security. However, this manifests itself very differently and might look completely different from one girl to another. One cannot simply say, "_____ is what all girls want."_7h0m_
i would put penis inside that quote but that's just me.

:lol:
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

they all want the same thing: WHAT THEY CAN'T HAVE.

ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts

Something long and hard, i suppose.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

They want beards.. 8)Strider_91
Beardlovers?

Yama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Yama
Member since 2002 • 34151 Posts

they all want the same thing: WHAT THEY CAN'T HAVE.

needled24-7

If anything, this is probably the most true statement of the bunch. I see this all to much. Hell, I've experienced it.

From decent interest to most wanted, just walk around with your girlfriend... it's kind of sick really, lol.

ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts

A finely-crafted mustache

hole2score

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60 hole2score
Member since 2010 • 170 Posts
[QUOTE="AkhilAnilkumar"]So all real girls in gamespot...please post your replies.kamikaze_pigmy
*tumbleweed rolls by*

LOL! Back to topic... Every girl wants something different in a guy.
rowzzr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#61 rowzzr
Member since 2005 • 2375 Posts
so far, i've noticed - dudes who take care of themselves and are naturally comfortable being themselves. douchebag or not.
XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 1

#62 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

MurasakiYugata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MurasakiYugata
Member since 2010 • 1713 Posts

Well, different women want different things in a guy, but a pretty common turn-on is sense of humor.

For me, personally, I also want someone who is honest, kind, and interesting.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
Sense of humor, commitment ect It's pretty simple to decribe but the meaning behind the actual words could be anything. A sense of humour may be funny to one girl and not funny to another.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

I thought this seemed appropriate:

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#66 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Why not ask them directly?:P

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Looks (specifically gotta be tall) and money.

Doesn't matter how good you are at making a girl laugh or you have a bunch in common, I have never had a real relationship despite now being confident, making people laugh, and going after girls who I have alot in common with. And believe me, I have been putting myself out there a ton lately thanks to okcupid.com and have been giving all very respectful and personal messages to try and start talking to women.

I am not horrid looking IMO, but I am short (5'4 and almost 22) and have a babyface. I am at a point of pretty much just giving up on trying to find a girlfriend because Jesus Christ the lack of logic astounds me.

BTW women are the last people to ask about this. They always give the same answers no matter how much BS may be in there. A girl is very unlikely to admit to actually being shallow after all, and just in general it seems to me a girl will try and give answers that will make the guy asking happy rather than having the guts to be honest and dissapoint said guy.

Believe me, I have flat out had a girl just kind of randomly tell me she liked and disliked numerous things, I ended up fitting her ideal description well.

Oh but she ended up rejecting me and is now engaged to my friend whom had alot of the traits she listed as NEGATIVES and in general was a way worse fit than I was.

raiden509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 raiden509
Member since 2006 • 3181 Posts

To quote mark rippetoe

Women only care about three things . How much money you have ,how big of a hammer your swinging and if you have a big back squat .

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

This thread reeks of pessimism and inaccuracies :(

To answer your question TC: it really depends. What one girl wants is different than the other, and you really can't give too sweeping of a one size fits all type of answer. I can tell you what I like and I can name what I deem other girls to favor from personal experiences and just common sense, but then I'd probably be doubted or something.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

I only know what I have experienced.

I mean seriosuly, not to sound arrogant but I am just completely at a loss now that not even A SINGLE GIRL has given me a CHANCE. I would be hesitant to put my okcupid profile on here, but I mean I am very honest about who I am, make no apologies for being nice, have a decent job, have serious goals in life, have passion, and am RESPECTFUL and don't just go around telling women "hey baby, you look hot!" but instead I focus alot on personality (granted I do have standards of physical beauty too, but they aren't too strict) and show INTEREST in who they are as a person.

I am sorry, but I have been blown off for so long despite having so much going for me and I am sick of it.

LIONHEART-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 LIONHEART-_-
Member since 2010 • 2520 Posts

[QUOTE="LIONHEART-_-"]

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"]

A hot body, and large dick. Personality? No, girls don't want that.

My apologies to any females to whom this does not apply to. In all seriousness, I have never seen a girl who said personality is the key factor to actually uphold that. I'm not saying that oh I'm a nice guy and I never get any girls. I do have an ****** side but I am not an ******.

th3warr1or

This statement should be helpful, since I have a large dick.

Oh :|

I'm not talking about every single girl. There are exceptions to everything.

I know man, I get your point ;)

I'm only kidding

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#72 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

I am sorry, but I have been blown off for so long despite having so much going for me and I am sick of it.

LostProphetFLCL

This cures some problems.:Pcash

Save, and watch those $$$ grow...it's a heck of a good feeling when you can stroll into a dealership and pay cash for the car you want.:)

Fox-Call

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Fox-Call
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts
money
Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts
Women want a nice man who will love them and take care of them. They also want a bread winner and someone who's secure in his masculinity.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#75 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Money is the only correct answer.
harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#76 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts
Girls want a guy who is tough, but sensitive; strong, but gentle.. Essentially, most girls want a guy who is an M.C. Escher painting.
Hate_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Hate_Squad
Member since 2007 • 1357 Posts

To quote mark rippetoe

Women only care about three things . How much money you have ,how big of a hammer your swinging and if you have a big back squat .

raiden509

money is not that big of a deal,you can have an average or below average financial level and you can have tons of women if you know how to manipulate them emotionally.Most probably they wont get married to you but many women marry someone for safety not because they like him

_7h0m_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 _7h0m_
Member since 2007 • 873 Posts

[QUOTE="Suzy_Q_Kazoo"]

LostProphetFLCL

I mean seriosuly, not to sound arrogant but I am just completely at a loss now that not even A SINGLE GIRL has given me a CHANCE. I would be hesitant to put my okcupid profile on here, but I mean I am very honest about who I am, make no apologies for being nice, have a decent job, have serious goals in life, have passion, and am RESPECTFUL and don't just go around telling women "hey baby, you look hot!" but instead I focus alot on personality (granted I do have standards of physical beauty too, but they aren't too strict) and show INTEREST in who they are as a person.

word! same boat. i don't know how girls get away saying they're not superficial... lies. LIES. I accept it, but indeed women go for looks, money and status foremost. cut the personnality/confidence crap. A non attractive guy acting confident is called creepy to 95% of women, that's a fact.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#79 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
-Money -Sense of humour -Chiseled features -Money -Hung -Money Not necessarily in that order.
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts

To answer your question TC: it really depends. What one girl wants is different than the other, and you really can't give too sweeping of a one size fits all type of answer. I can tell you what I like and I can name what I deem other girls to favor from personal experiences and just common sense, but then I'd probably be doubted or something.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

oooh, so size does matter, eh? it just varies from person to person. :P

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
That I know squat about :P Seriously, they want attention mostly, in addition to the normal stuff like money, great sex...etc
VisigothSaxon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 VisigothSaxon
Member since 2008 • 3789 Posts

They want a guy with big fisherman muscles.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 th3warr1or

Looks (specifically gotta be tall) and money.

Doesn't matter how good you are at making a girl laugh or you have a bunch in common, I have never had a real relationship despite now being confident, making people laugh, and going after girls who I have alot in common with. And believe me, I have been putting myself out there a ton lately thanks to okcupid.com and have been giving all very respectful and personal messages to try and start talking to women.

I am not horrid looking IMO, but I am short (5'4 and almost 22) and have a babyface. I am at a point of pretty much just giving up on trying to find a girlfriend because Jesus Christ the lack of logic astounds me.

BTW women are the last people to ask about this. They always give the same answers no matter how much BS may be in there. A girl is very unlikely to admit to actually being shallow after all, and just in general it seems to me a girl will try and give answers that will make the guy asking happy rather than having the guts to be honest and dissapoint said guy.

Believe me, I have flat out had a girl just kind of randomly tell me she liked and disliked numerous things, I ended up fitting her ideal description well.

Oh but she ended up rejecting me and is now engaged to my friend whom had alot of the traits she listed as NEGATIVES and in general was a way worse fit than I was.

LostProphetFLCL

Man, I am in the exact same spot as you.

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
Why are you asking us? Every year women hold a council on what exactly they want in a relationship. The release a report with precise specifications. Since women like all the exact same traits.
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts

I'm looking for a guy I find attractive, who is intelligent, with a good sense of humour and preferably has the same interests as me :)

EDIT: Oh and about money; I'd like a guy to have enough money to be able to do things with me and pay for his fair share. Up until my last boyfriend I paid for everything, movies, lunches etc. My last bf and I took it in turns to pay for things which was great ^^

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
I'm a very simple person when it comes to that, but perhaps that's because I found what I want, so I'm very specific and don't generalize. Be cute. I'm not talking about looks, either. I mentioned a few times to my boyfriend that I'd never gotten flowers before, but he'd never acted on it. After our anniversary date last week, we went home and exchanged gifts. I was surprised as hell when he pulls a cute little vase of fake flowers out and gives them to me. He said that way they wouldn't ever die so I could keep them always. Cue heart melting. That is how you snag yourself a lady, by letting her know you listen and can process thoughts through your Neanderthal head and turn them into something that will make her happy.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 th3warr1or
[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]I'm a very simple person when it comes to that, but perhaps that's because I found what I want, so I'm very specific and don't generalize. Be cute. I'm not talking about looks, either. I mentioned a few times to my boyfriend that I'd never gotten flowers before, but he'd never acted on it. After our anniversary date last week, we went home and exchanged gifts. I was surprised as hell when he pulls a cute little vase of fake flowers out and gives them to me. He said that way they wouldn't ever die so I could keep them always. Cue heart melting. That is how you snag yourself a lady, by letting her know you listen and can process thoughts through your Neanderthal head and turn them into something that will make her happy.

That's some pretty good advice, BUT... Unfortunately the problem with some girls is that they mention that they've never gotten flowers before, and in a week if you haven't done something about it then they start saying you're not paying attention to them. If you don't mind me asking, what was the time lapse between you mentioning that you've never gotten flowers, and your anniversary date?
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]I'm a very simple person when it comes to that, but perhaps that's because I found what I want, so I'm very specific and don't generalize. Be cute. I'm not talking about looks, either. I mentioned a few times to my boyfriend that I'd never gotten flowers before, but he'd never acted on it. After our anniversary date last week, we went home and exchanged gifts. I was surprised as hell when he pulls a cute little vase of fake flowers out and gives them to me. He said that way they wouldn't ever die so I could keep them always. Cue heart melting. That is how you snag yourself a lady, by letting her know you listen and can process thoughts through your Neanderthal head and turn them into something that will make her happy.th3warr1or
That's some pretty good advice, BUT... Unfortunately the problem with some girls is that they mention that they've never gotten flowers before, and in a week if you haven't done something about it then they start saying you're not paying attention to them. If you don't mind me asking, what was the time lapse between you mentioning that you've never gotten flowers, and your anniversary date?

Ding Ding Ding!

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#89 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
what if I dont want a guy? =P
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#90 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

what if I dont want a guy? =PAllicrombie

you've just fed the cyncial pessimism monster.

im with the same boat as most of these guys. best way to deal with it is to just accept it and move on.

Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Deihjan
Member since 2008 • 30213 Posts
what if I dont want a guy? =PAllicrombie
Move to New York with me and let's grope Nemo!
Atmanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Atmanix
Member since 2009 • 6927 Posts

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]what if I dont want a guy? =PDeihjan

I'm calling PETA.

Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Deihjan
Member since 2008 • 30213 Posts

[QUOTE="Deihjan"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"]what if I dont want a guy? =PAtmanix

I'm calling PETA.

o_o

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]what if I dont want a guy? =Pz4twenny

you've just fed the cyncial pessimism monster.

im with the same boat as most of these guys. best way to deal with it is to just accept it and move on.

I agree just

]

Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts

I'm a very simple person when it comes to that, but perhaps that's because I found what I want, so I'm very specific and don't generalize. Be cute. I'm not talking about looks, either. I mentioned a few times to my boyfriend that I'd never gotten flowers before, but he'd never acted on it. After our anniversary date last week, we went home and exchanged gifts. I was surprised as hell when he pulls a cute little vase of fake flowers out and gives them to me. He said that way they wouldn't ever die so I could keep them always. Cue heart melting. That is how you snag yourself a lady, by letting her know you listen and can process thoughts through your Neanderthal head and turn them into something that will make her happy.XilePrincess

I agree with you on most everything you said, but why the insult? =/

Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]I'm a very simple person when it comes to that, but perhaps that's because I found what I want, so I'm very specific and don't generalize. Be cute. I'm not talking about looks, either. I mentioned a few times to my boyfriend that I'd never gotten flowers before, but he'd never acted on it. After our anniversary date last week, we went home and exchanged gifts. I was surprised as hell when he pulls a cute little vase of fake flowers out and gives them to me. He said that way they wouldn't ever die so I could keep them always. Cue heart melting. That is how you snag yourself a lady, by letting her know you listen and can process thoughts through your Neanderthal head and turn them into something that will make her happy.Baconbits2004

I agree with you on most everything you said, but why the insult? =/

Because she is a perfect princess who never farts or goes #2 ofc. ; )

Kori-san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Kori-san
Member since 2010 • 604 Posts

It depends if the girl in question has what I want in a girl. (For a serious relationship I'm assuming this thread meant).

Kori-san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Kori-san
Member since 2010 • 604 Posts

[QUOTE="th3warr1or"][QUOTE="XilePrincess"]I'm a very simple person when it comes to that, but perhaps that's because I found what I want, so I'm very specific and don't generalize. Be cute. I'm not talking about looks, either. I mentioned a few times to my boyfriend that I'd never gotten flowers before, but he'd never acted on it. After our anniversary date last week, we went home and exchanged gifts. I was surprised as hell when he pulls a cute little vase of fake flowers out and gives them to me. He said that way they wouldn't ever die so I could keep them always. Cue heart melting. That is how you snag yourself a lady, by letting her know you listen and can process thoughts through your Neanderthal head and turn them into something that will make her happy.GazaAli

Ding Ding Ding!

Fake flowers I might add.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#100 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]what if I dont want a guy? =PDeihjan

I am deeply disturbed by that :P.